Author Topic: Only Fools and Horses...  (Read 21823 times)

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
Re: Only Fools and Horses...
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2018, 10:14:10 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWybcrAbnc0

Love the Gandhi 0.53 one, "he made one great film and you never saw him again"
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2018, 07:35:18 pm »
Was just in the annoy thread discussing lifts (on many levels).

It reminded me....does anyone remember the one with Rodney and Delly getting stuck in a lift?
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2018, 07:37:47 pm »
Was just in the annoy thread discussing lifts (on many levels).

It reminded me....does anyone remember the one with Rodney and Delly getting stuck in a lift?

I do was one of those emotional moments, that was the beauty of the show.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Weescotty

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: April 2, 2018, 10:32:55 pm »
The one were they are dressed up as Batman and Robin.

My Mrs is Indonesian and sometimes has trouble with the dialogue, but she was in tears laughing at that one.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2024, 12:07:33 am »
From the blow up dolls episode:

Del: "go on bring the car round here unc"
Albert: "but I'm not insured"
Rodney: "well don't have a crash then!"

Their faces when the stone goes through the window in the jolly boys outing.

The greatest sitcom ever made by a country mile. The writing was obviously brilliant but Lyndhurst and Jason just played those parts phenomenally well, the delivery so scathing at times and tender in others.

"Has anyone seen my hat?"

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2024, 08:09:59 am »
David Jason is an unbelievable actor for those brief moments of exasperated anger. Been going through it again recently, just done Yuppy Love. Always find it a bit of a shame that they took Del Boy that way even if it made sense for the time, and the way Rodney became a bit downtrodden and world-weary.

Tea For Three remains my favourite episode I think.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2024, 08:24:41 am »
Rodney to Del “You must’ve spent a third of your life standing in front of mirrors. My earliest childhood recollection is of you standing in front of a mirror. Up until I was four, I thought you was twins.”

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2024, 09:10:21 am »
David Jason is an unbelievable actor for those brief moments of exasperated anger. Been going through it again recently, just done Yuppy Love. Always find it a bit of a shame that they took Del Boy that way even if it made sense for the time, and the way Rodney became a bit downtrodden and world-weary.

Yes, me too but alongside Friday the 14th.

One of my favourite lines is from Grandad when hes in the Spanish jail and going on about the scum and villainy and cutthroats in the French Foreign Legion.

Rodney says "So you didnt join"

Grandad "We tried but they wouldnt have us" Brilliant.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2024, 12:39:09 pm »
Derek 'Del Boy' Trotter:
She's a blinding bird isn't she Rodney?

Rodney Trotter:
What Raquel? Yeah, terrific Del.

Derek 'Del Boy' Trotter:
She's got a radiant smile. Have you noticed that?

Rodney Trotter:
What, her radiant smile? Yeah.

Derek 'Del Boy' Trotter:
I mean, when she walks in she lights up a room.

Rodney Trotter:
Yeah. Most of your birds walk in and light up a fag.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2024, 02:07:07 pm »

To quote the man himself
The oldens are the bestens

Tea for three is great

So many great lines

"We aint got a carphone"
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2024, 02:11:01 pm »
Was next to this on the M60 the other week

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2024, 01:54:03 pm »
Loved most of the series, but 2001-03 trilogy were awful, ridiculous plots like, Marleen disappearing, so everyone was convinced Boycie had murdered her, turned out she went & had breast enlargement, & they weren't the same without Mike & Uncle Albert as the actors who played them had died, thought making them millionaires, & walking into the sunset was perfect ending.

I do think the chandelier & Del falling through the bar are way overrated, the episodes around those scenes are not that great either, i do think their are funnier scenes & episodes, the episode Danger UXD with the adult dolls self inflating in the flat scene is hilarious
#Sausages

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2024, 04:46:56 pm »
Never really got Only Fools. All seemed a bit...southern.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2024, 08:47:36 pm »
Loved most of the series, but 2001-03 trilogy were awful, ridiculous plots like, Marleen disappearing, so everyone was convinced Boycie had murdered her, turned out she went & had breast enlargement, & they weren't the same without Mike & Uncle Albert as the actors who played them had died, thought making them millionaires, & walking into the sunset was perfect ending.

I do think the chandelier & Del falling through the bar are way overrated, the episodes around those scenes are not that great either, i do think their are funnier scenes & episodes, the episode Danger UXD with the adult dolls self inflating in the flat scene is hilarious
Agree with that, the chandelier moment is very funny but the whole episode is very flat otherwise. As if the whole thing was set up for that one gag.

I rewatched it all recently and for me there's an obvious peak at season six where Del becomes a yuppy, and the specials either side of that- dates before and then the jolly boys outing after. There are brilliant episodes through its entire time(other than the final ones!) but at that stage they just didn't miss, every minute of those episodes were absolute gold.

The Jolly Boys Outing is just perfect.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 08:52:33 pm by alonsoisared »

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: March 27, 2024, 09:38:32 pm »

One of my favourite lines is from Grandad when hes in the Spanish jail and going on about the scum and villainy and cutthroats in the French Foreign Legion.

Rodney 'You were gun-running in the middle of a civil war?!'

Grandad 'Well it's the best time to do it Rodney!' ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2024, 09:42:52 pm »
Know someone from my acting days who played Rodney in the stage production of Only Fools. Great lad. He's in The Responder now. Going places he is. :thumbup
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2024, 09:54:17 pm »

Rodney 'You were gun-running in the middle of a civil war?!'

Grandad 'Well it's the best time to do it Rodney!' ;D

This is my favourite part of the whole show, Grandad in the jail

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2024, 10:01:15 pm »
Grandad's finest scene, Rodney discussing with Del, that Rodney is going into property, Del querying as Rodney had so little money to do so, Grandad makes "what you've got Rodney, a wendy house" comment, it was that funny even David Jason is laughing his head off even though the line was in the script.

Never really liked Grandad, very much prefered Uncle Albert, felt Uncle Albert was far more rounded

Jolly Boys Outing is the perfect episode, but series 6 & 7 are peak Only Fools & Horses,  the show going to 50 minutes, unprecedented for a sitcom helped, & got to see more of Del & Rodney's friends too.

I believe the Tea For Three episode is longer than originally aired, Del had a much longer rant at Rodney when Del got back from Hangliding that according to David Jason got funnier & funnier as Del ranted on, but was cut from the episode as they were over the running time.

Another thing, series 1 had a different theme tune from the rest of the series, John Sullivan so disliked the original theme he got it changed from series 2, John Sullivan wanted Chas & Dave to sing the new theme tune, but apparently Chas & Dave were unavailable, so John Sullivan ended up singing the theme instead
#Sausages

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 27, 2024, 10:06:22 pm »
I loved Grandad, proper sneaky fucker he was.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: March 27, 2024, 10:25:06 pm »
I love Uncle Albert but prefer Grandad

"Well I wish you had said something, I was working on that one"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2024, 10:46:01 pm »
I love Uncle Albert but prefer Grandad

"Well I wish you had said something, I was working on that one"

One of the funniest scenes from anything, ever. I almost pissed myself when it aired.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Liverbird88

• Main Stander
    • My mental health forum
« Reply #181 on: March 27, 2024, 11:22:39 pm »
Love OFAH.

Trigger was so funny. Played the character brilliantly.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2024, 01:02:50 am »
Yeah a brilliant series, John Sullivan was a genius to bring these characters to life.

So many laugh out loud moments, my favourite episode though was the Groovy Gang one, closely followed by the Jolly Boys Outing and Danger UXB.

When the dolls inflated the first time and they ran out of the flat, was almost wet yourself territory.

I've watched all of the episodes multiple times and never get tired.

From the early years The Peckham Pouncer was another favourite
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2024, 07:32:48 am »
Dont know if anyone has seen some of the making of shows but there was one where they said Grandad actually met Hitler as he was on tour in Germany in the 30s. Apparently it always played on his mind, wondering what if.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2024, 08:21:22 am »
The chandeliers episode is overrated?... and Uncle Albert was a better character than grandad?.... what lunacy is this ?...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2024, 01:24:59 pm »
One of the funniest scenes from anything, ever. I almost pissed myself when it aired.

Yeah, you obviously know it will go wrong but concentrate on the chandelier they are under and assume they will drop it but when you see the far one fall, its genius

The BBC annoyed me when advertising the up coming 6th series it was Del falling through the bar that was the advert. They ruined the surprise of the scene for me.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 01:30:38 pm by Kenny's Jacket »

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2024, 11:26:54 am »
My favourite line is Del telling Rodney about Triggers cousin Cyril, it starts as a bit of a sob story trying to help Rodders through a tough time but the punchine had me in fits

- Never give up on people, Rodney. I know that most of the time they don't seem to understand. But when you're in trouble and you cry out for help, some will always be there. Trigger's cousin Cyril's a perfect example. He owed 500 quid on his mortgage. They were gonna be thrown out on the street the following day. he was very worried about it. He drove out to Beachy Head. Parked about five foot from the edge of the cliff. He just sat there for a couple of hours, his head resting on the steering wheel. People tried to talk to him out of it but he was too depressed to listen. But then they had a whip-round and got him his 500 quid.

- No! Who held the whip-round?

- All the passengers on the bus.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #187 on: April 4, 2024, 12:42:34 am »
Who's Rachel?
One of the all time greats, that one.  ;D

Watched them all about 30 plus times.

Best TV show EVER.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.