Poll

So. Pedal to the metal! Given the choice - who have you got more trust in?

The EU
The UK Government
I'm not British but like voting in things!

Author Topic: It's us v them - they don't like it up 'em innit  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
It's us v them - they don't like it up 'em innit
« on: January 12, 2019, 01:16:46 pm »
People have been skirting around this. We've seen people asking why people voted leave and we've seen people who've asked why people voted remain.

Personally (And not trying to sway the vote!) I think the UK have shown themselves to the world to be the smallminded rank amateurs that they are. While the EU have conducted themselves with a united front, calmly, confidentally and more importantly professionally.

The UK Government appears (to me) to be at it's own throat at every level with every party disagreeing with every other party and also disagreeing amongst themselves.

I've heard tel on a few occasions that Brexit would 'bring us together' :O  Which I find amazing, as I don't think we've ever been as divided as we are now. They also seem to think that actually performing Brexit is 'the end of it' - I wonder how Remain voters will feel about that post-Brexit with all the likely scenerios underway...

Aaaanyway.. Given what you've seen on the world stage and during Brexit - who do you have more trust in between the two bodies?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Re: It's us v them - they don't like it up 'em innit
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 01:40:12 pm »
i am old enough to remember when we were in EFTA which was like being in the national league compared to the Common Market which was like being in the Prem.

So i voted remain of course, and after the result i apologised to the students in our school because with out using these words i believe leaving will royally fuck up their future.

I am not saying the EU was perfect but even after we joined it seemed to me that far too often we wanted the other European countries to see and do things totally our way rather than completely becoming part of the club and intergrating as all the other members seem to have done , maybe it is our island mentality and the foreigners over the water mindset.

Maybe as well the enlargement of the EU created a bit of juggernaut politics

All of the above led to the Brussels is running our country false narrative and gave each government the chance to blame the EU for their own policy failures. 

A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 01:45:04 pm »
No Fucking Contest.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 02:28:13 pm »
I voted for the EU... with reservations..

I wouldn’t trust the uk government run by either party to do anything but harm to the uk at this moment in time.

The EU has plenty of flaws, but offers stability and access for us that our government won’t
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 02:31:34 pm »
The EU is in no way perfect, but we enjoy a lot of benefits by being within it. For my entire life the Tories have been utter c*nts and they are getting worse - I thought Thatcher was as bad as it would get, then this shower of idiots came along.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 02:35:37 pm »
I voted EU as well, as others have said its not perfect, but this whole facade has just shown clearly how second rate our own politicians actually are. Right now I wouldn't trust them to get us out of a paper bag.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 02:40:06 pm »
Brexit has been a real eye opener, it's explained in far more detail why so many people vote Tory even if it's not in their interests, It's exposed just how bad many of our politicians are, they have plenty of opinions but they do little research to understand the issues themselves.
Do I trust this government.? they are incompetent clowns who are more concerened about looking competent than actually solving the problems they have created, no wonder our country is on it's knees.
Ive always believed many of the problems our NHS +Welfare has was down to incompetent MPs slashing services to save a million without reasearch to see if the effects of these cuts cost the country more money in other areas. thats about as far I thought this incompetence ran, wrong. they don't hardly bother to research any of the issues they vote on and therefore they don't hardly understand the issues themselves, the policy is passed down from above and the MPs parrot the party line until it changes. who needs to do loads of boring reasearch when you already have a opinion on whats wrong and how to solve it !!!
I read something last year that hit home," Until Brexit I never realaized just how abysmal are politicians are"
We had a crazy year after Brexit, millions of the public knew more about the biggest political issue by far than many of our politicians, the EU told us our polticians didn't even know the difference between the SM and the CU, we also had life long Tory leave campaigners asking basic questions on how the customs union works.
I don't think nothing much will change until voters start to recognise the politicians we should value are the ones who do all the boring hard long hours on the nitty gritty details. we need politicians who understand the issues they vote on. these were the MPs who were on the ball from day 1, way ahead of the rest on the problems leaving the EU will bring.
I have little trust or faith in our Parliament as a whole, having said that ive enormous respect for a few politicians who stood up and got counted, they took the jeers and boos for the sake of the country while the bullshitters got the claps and cheers. they stand out a mile now.
I still don't think the left fully appreciate how impossible it will be to pay for great change while trying to compete with the world without EU protection.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:42:06 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 02:41:41 pm »
^

It's like the shock they expressed that crime rose after all the cuts to the Police  ::)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 02:47:23 pm »
^

It's like the shock they expressed that crime rose after all the cuts to the Police  ::)
Theres no link to the welfare cuts that leave a single parent with 4p to live on and the rise in foodbanks. :o
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 05:59:23 pm »
Theres no link to the welfare cuts that leave a single parent with 4p to live on and the rise in foodbanks. :o

Those who use foodbanks are really all in well paid jobs and are just taking the food - no-one in the UK needs them.

Same a Tory once said in work "no-one actually uses the NHS anymore do they?"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 06:22:40 pm »
I voted for the EU... with reservations..

I wouldn’t trust the uk government run by either party to do anything but harm to the uk at this moment in time.

The EU has plenty of flaws, but offers stability and access for us that our government won’t
pretty much my thoughts

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 06:25:48 pm »
Those who use foodbanks are really all in well paid jobs and are just taking the food - no-one in the UK needs them.

Same a Tory once said in work "no-one actually uses the NHS anymore do they?"
Of course, no idea how they qualify for a voucher afaik you cant just drop in you have to show you have no income.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 06:40:37 pm by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 02:52:15 pm »
Of course, no idea how they qualify for a voucher afaik you cant just drop in you have to show you have no income.
It's even worse, because there are places where you CAN drop in without proving anything, and these places obviously are not officially counted. That suggests figures are really far higher.
It should be a main story every single day.

From experience, if you have to use one, it really is horrible, but the people are so nice. I was lucky, it was a couple of bad situations. For people who have to go regularly I cannot begin to know how they feel or manage.
(I've never told anyone before that  I've had to use them.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:59:26 pm by idontknow »
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 03:19:25 pm »
The EU. Far more than British MP’s.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 03:38:14 pm »
The EU.  They've been funding parts of the UK Westminster haven't given a toss about for decades.

It's not perfect by any means, but that's no reason to throw everything away. Speaking of which, when Gove had been going on about May's deal and saying "don't let perfect be the enemy of good" why did no-one ask him where that argument was 30 odd months ago? Hypocritical twat.