Author Topic: New Nerve Agent Attack in UK  (Read 32901 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Nerve Agent Attack in UK
« Reply #200 on: September 7, 2018, 03:41:30 pm »
Knowing who they are will probably tell us who sent them. Russians have a visa process here so you wonder how not only they got in and more importantly how they got out.

Are you getting at something?

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: September 7, 2018, 03:50:10 pm »
Knowing who they are will probably tell us who sent them. Russians have a visa process here so you wonder how not only they got in and more importantly how they got out.
We do know the names they gave, they must have followed the correct procedures to enter the country. I don't see the point you're making.
I think Russia have said they don't know who they are. Russia are denying all knowledge of the attack, knowing the attackers names means nothing unless they have previous history which is why they wouldn't send anyone with previous history.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2018, 04:15:33 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 7, 2018, 03:59:00 pm »
There seems to be a weird perception here that they used their real names.

:o
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #203 on: September 7, 2018, 04:49:18 pm »
There seems to be a weird perception here that they used their real names.

:o

I'm sure they didn't but their faces are probably on social media complete with holiday snaps and Mrs GRU assassin pouting at the camera.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: September 7, 2018, 05:23:03 pm »
We do know the names they gave, they must have followed the correct procedures to enter the country. I don't see the point you're making.
I think Russia have said they don't know who they are. Russia are denying all knowledge of the attack, knowing the attackers names means nothing unless they have previous history which is why they wouldn't send anyone with previous history.

There are quite a few Russian agents working in this country and probably vice-versa. I would imagine that many of those are actually allowed in for diplomatic reasons rather than being here illegally.

For me the interesting thing is if they were known then when did they actually leave the country and if they were not known then how we found out their identies. Of course we will probably never get those answers.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: September 7, 2018, 05:41:05 pm »
There are quite a few Russian agents working in this country and probably vice-versa. I would imagine that many of those are actually allowed in for diplomatic reasons rather than being here illegally.

For me the interesting thing is if they were known then when did they actually leave the country and if they were not known then how we found out their identies. Of course we will probably never get those answers.
We know the names they gave from passports, they were not under suspicion while in this country, they left Salisbury and went back to hotel in London and straight to the Airport,they left the country that night. there is no mystery.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 7, 2018, 05:53:34 pm »
We know the names they gave from passports, they were not under suspicion while in this country, they left Salisbury and went back to hotel in London and straight to the Airport,they left the country that night. there is no mystery.

I am not questioning the official reports as to who they are and who they work for but I am just speculating on the timeline of the events.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #207 on: September 7, 2018, 06:11:51 pm »
They did fail in that but in their overall aims I suspect they were successful. They are telling their people they are the victims, it is "us against the world" and also sent yet another warning to any citizen who defects or helps the perceived enemy. In that they have been successful.

Oh I know and I agree with all that. The message to Putin's dissenters is that we'll get you anywhere and we don't really give a shit who knows. To his apologists (Seamus Milne, Corbyn etc) the denial is accepted at face value because 'the West' is always in the wrong.

I was just saying that the assassination itself was a failure.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: September 7, 2018, 06:57:35 pm »
There's also another theory that someone else Russian wanted Skripal dead other than the Russian Government. The fact that Skripal is still alive is what makes me question the government involvement, the fact that the "spies" got a rail replacement service bus back to the airport well is a bit comical to say the least.

Why? They’d bring more attention to themselves racing off in a helicopter or Aston Martin like in the films. In real life, they’ll be using public transport. There’s no paperwork involved.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 7, 2018, 07:13:14 pm »
I don’t follow. They’ve been following up on leads and the case is now at a stage where they have enough evidence to make charges.

There’s still a lot of people questioning it because of the claims made by our govt before the investigation (there were such claims of Russian involvement - always likely to be them, yes, but no evidence back then - before the substance had even been tested) and since the disinformation campaign from Russia. You only need to read the rest of this thread since the news of evidence.

The investigation since the attack has obviously been spot on. I just find the way the govt dealt with it early on as the weak link. The agencies involved have done a great job.

I'm not following either. Is it one of these two?

Is the problem that their early investigations were too good now they've been confirmed by further investigation, leading to charges?

or is the problem that the UK government shouldn't have mentioned anything to do with the Russian government until now, despite the very obvious and clear link with the matching substance (novichok) which had already been independently established after the Salisbury attack to have originated from Russia?

If it's the second one, I think UK citizens would have been up in arms demanding the government broke their silence. Especially residents in and around Salisbury

You don’t have to always copy a Mod or Yorkie like a sycophant mate.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 7, 2018, 07:30:25 pm »
I had no idea what you were on about until I saw I quoted Alan and not theshankylgates (same avatar). The only thing I had in common with Alan’s post was that i didn’t know what you were getting at (which you’ve now explained)

Not sure what worked you up about that, but there’s no evidence of collusion over Russia! ;)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #211 on: September 7, 2018, 07:48:54 pm »
There's also another theory that someone else Russian wanted Skripal dead other than the Russian Government. The fact that Skripal is still alive is what makes me question the government involvement, the fact that the "spies" got a rail replacement service bus back to the airport well is a bit comical to say the least.
This isn’t a theory.  This is bollocks.

Why is it bollocks?  Because there is no way on earth that you can make a chemical agent like that without government resources.  It’s far far too dangerous to do without some serious serious equipment.

There are only a couple of ways to synthesise the stuff.  They both took years of research and 1000s of man hours.  There is no way on earth that another way to make it was found.
Additionally, the chemicals required these nerve agents just aren’t accessible.

You can’t go and buy them, it’s just not possible.

It can ONLY have come from a state sponsored source, and it will be totally clear which government from the tell tail finger print of trace chemicals remaining in the sample.

Chemistry over.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: September 7, 2018, 08:25:35 pm »

Maybe you should get in touch with MI6/7 and let them know who they are?
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 7, 2018, 09:15:12 pm »

I tried but they didnt want to know.

Anyway that has been mentioned by people who worked for the security forces.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: September 7, 2018, 09:16:55 pm »
We always think of Russian agents as Spies looking for secrets. that maybe true today but go back pre internet Soviet Union and it was a different story.
I wouldn't be surprised if we had dozens of Russian agents doing normal jobs throughout the week and following orders to gather information readily available to anyone at the weekend. how many agents is anyone's guess but they were here and I wouldn't be surprised if some are living a happy retirement in England.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2018, 09:22:18 pm by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 7, 2018, 09:25:59 pm »

What the actual fuck? The overwhelming evidence that it was a Russian operation is discounted because of a rail replacement service?

Do tell us all what the fuck that has to do with anything?

Are you saying that if the GRU has been involved they would have cancelled the operation if there was a rail replacement bus service? Do you realise how utterly ridiculous that is? Was catching an actual train rather than a bus mission critical for the GRU?

There’s being open minded and then there’s allowing your brains to slop around and spill all over the floor.

Seriously mate, you have surpassed yourself.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: September 7, 2018, 09:26:38 pm »
I'd keep their names written down on a piece of paper then if I were you, might come in handy later.

I will do. One called herself Amanda Hugandkiss.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: September 7, 2018, 09:26:42 pm »
I had no idea what you were on about until I saw I quoted Alan and not theshankylgates (same avatar). The only thing I had in common with Alan’s post was that i didn’t know what you were getting at (which you’ve now explained)

Not sure what worked you up about that, but there’s no evidence of collusion over Russia! ;)

Haha. I should have put a wink. I’m generally shit at going back to my old posts to check replies, but there was a similar one with Yorkie. I was just being a dick, I know you’re not a sycophant.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 7, 2018, 09:40:48 pm »
There’s still a lot of people questioning it because of the claims made by our govt before the investigation (there were such claims of Russian involvement - always likely to be them, yes, but no evidence back then - before the substance had even been tested) and since the disinformation campaign from Russia. You only need to read the rest of this thread since the news of evidence.

The investigation since the attack has obviously been spot on. I just find the way the govt dealt with it early on as the weak link. The agencies involved have done a great job.

None of us know what the government knew early on (based on information from the agencies you refer to). Having said that it was pretty fucking obvious to anyone (apart from Corbyn and conspiracy theorists) that a poison attach in a Russian dissident using a Russian nerve agent was 99.9% likely to be a Russian attack. I mean, the thread it was first reported in was the thread about a Russian attack on a dissident in the UK using polonium. Occam’s razor, stating the bleeding obvious and all that. 

Come on lad - you’re better than that. People have their own opinions and thoughts. Sometimes they are perceptive enough to agree with me.

I’m flattered that you think my opinions are worth agreeing with but I’m just a moderator on a football website. I doubt many people are shallow enough to form their opinions around a lad who has been daft enough to get roped in to giving up his free time to moderate on here.

*edit - wink added.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 7, 2018, 09:44:48 pm »
People questioning the police initially positing the idea that the novchok was done by Russia.

When the victim was a dissident Russian agent who had been threatened with death by Russia, was poisoned by a uniquely Russian nerve agent when two Russian GRU agents were staying in a local hotel....

What ever lead them to that initial hypothesis? 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 7, 2018, 09:50:40 pm »
People questioning the police initially positing the idea that the novchok was done by Russia.

When the victim was a dissident Russian agent who had been threatened with death by Russia, was poisoned by a uniquely Russian nerve agent when two Russian GRU agents were staying in a local hotel....

You’re just one of the sheeple mate. As every conspiracy theorist knows, when the evidence overwhelmingly points to one conclusion it’s clear evidence that the conspiracy runs really deep and the ‘real’ answer is the opposite of what the evidence shows.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 7, 2018, 09:50:50 pm »

I just think in a sensitive situation it’s best to err on the side of caution.

Also, I’m a mathematician, my standards of proof are far higher than “obvious”.  :P

Alan - I know, I was just being a dick, I admit. Classycara is a decent rawkite.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: September 7, 2018, 09:53:34 pm »

Also, I’m a mathematician, my standards of proof are far higher than “obvious”.  :P

Alan - I know, I was just being a dick, I admit. Classycara is a decent rawkite.

I think that needs to be VARed ;D

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: September 7, 2018, 09:58:51 pm »

Haha - no problem mate.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: September 7, 2018, 10:00:31 pm »

Big if true... ;D

Anyone who thinks it's not the Russians... seriously, have a word with yourself.  As much of a lunatic I think May is, I doubt she's going to be throwing it out there too readily that Putin's fingerprints are all over this if she didn't have reason to.  It's just baffling that there'd be anyone of their right mind who'd think otherwise.  Occam's Razor for this one.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 7, 2018, 10:05:07 pm »
Big if true... ;D

Anyone who thinks it's not the Russians... seriously, have a word with yourself.  As much of a lunatic I think May is, I doubt she's going to be throwing it out there too readily that Putin's fingerprints are all over this if she didn't have reason to.  It's just baffling that there'd be anyone of their right mind who'd think otherwise.  Occam's Razor for this one.

I thought it was the Russians from the start (like you say, Occam’s Razor). But until there’s evidence, it shouldn’t be claimed by our PM etc that it’s the Russians, no matter what we private citizens or newspapers say.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 7, 2018, 10:13:05 pm »

I thought it was the Russians from the start (like you say, Occam’s Razor). But until there’s evidence, it shouldn’t be claimed by our PM etc that it’s the Russians, no matter what we private citizens or newspapers say.
It there IS evidence.Loads of it.
W

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 7, 2018, 10:13:34 pm »

That’s fine in the abstract but in real time and with people critically ill in hospital you have to call it. It’s a balance of probability situation not ‘beyond reasonable doubt’. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 7, 2018, 10:13:50 pm »
It there IS evidence.Loads of it.

Yes, there is now, which I’ve accepted.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 7, 2018, 10:15:51 pm »
Yes, there is now, which I’ve accepted.
There was then.  You just didn’t know about it.  The PM did.
W

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 8, 2018, 12:10:47 am »
Haha. I should have put a wink. I’m generally shit at going back to my old posts to check replies, but there was a similar one with Yorkie. I was just being a dick, I know you’re not a sycophant.
Cheers mate :)

I think that needs to be VARed ;D
Big if true... ;D
See lads, this is the problem with VAR (have I mentioned I'm against it before?) - it means we waste our time discussing decisions, when it's been obvious to everyone from the start that I'm not one of the decent ones!

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 8, 2018, 10:10:30 am »

There's clearly enough evidence to warrant an arrest and bring these two Russians to a court - until they've been tried in a court of law 'beyond reasonable doubt' will never reasonably be established - however that's never going to happen, so we're only left with the evidence to make a decision and it paints a fairly clear picture of events - we can but speculate over who was the puppet master, but with one very clear motive it's not difficult to arrive at the conclusion most people have.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #232 on: September 8, 2018, 12:31:23 pm »
There's clearly enough evidence to warrant an arrest and bring these two Russians to a court - until they've been tried in a court of law 'beyond reasonable doubt' will never reasonably be established - however that's never going to happen, so we're only left with the evidence to make a decision and it paints a fairly clear picture of events - we can but speculate over who was the puppet master, but with one very clear motive it's not difficult to arrive at the conclusion most people have.

There is a legal principle;

In the law of evidence, similar fact evidence (or the similar fact principle) establishes the conditions under which factual evidence of past misconduct of accused can be admitted at trial for the purpose of inferring that the accused committed the misconduct at issue.

Going back to Litvinenko there have been a stream of Russian emigres who have met suspicious deaths in the UK. Whilst not strictly following the principle of similar fact evidence their is a chain of evidence which indicates some malign source.

It would be interesting to see how many Russians, who have fallen out with the regime, have met an early death in other countries.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #233 on: September 13, 2018, 11:38:33 am »
Skripal suspects: 'We were just tourists'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45509697

Well I believe them  ::)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 13, 2018, 11:45:20 am »
Can't knock a couple of devout Catholics visiting a Cathedral.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 13, 2018, 12:10:35 pm »
Funny they knew the height of the spire, justifying travelling to Salisbury, when being interviewed off the cuff!

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #236 on: September 13, 2018, 12:11:42 pm »

Can't wait to read their Trip Advisor reviews.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 13, 2018, 12:23:14 pm »
All those world famous Salisbury attractions, the Cathedral, the Sunday market, the Skripals’ door handle, and they didn’t even visit nearby Stonehenge.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #238 on: September 13, 2018, 12:55:52 pm »

well that's that then. They were just two normal blokes travelling thousands of miles to visit a small city 1 1/2 hours from London to see a steeple for an hour and then returning to london. All perfectly plausible. Of course the thing they are most upset by is the accusation that "decent lads" would have perfume in their possession. Far more offensive than being accused of murdering people using weapons grade chemicals
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 13, 2018, 01:00:49 pm »
well that's that then. They were just two normal blokes travelling thousands of miles to visit a small city 1 1/2 hours from London to see a steeple for an hour and then returning to london. All perfectly plausible. Of course the thing they are most upset by is the accusation that "decent lads" would have perfume in their possession. Far more offensive than being accused of murdering people using weapons grade chemicals

Exactly mate, got to believe them haven't you? They said "The customs are checking everything, they would have questions as to why men have women's perfume in their luggage".
No one ever ever buys perfume for their mrs when passing through an airport. Absolutely no one.