Author Topic: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'  (Read 109237 times)

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'
« Reply #1320 on: April 6, 2018, 08:36:50 am »
Not sure which is better, the first touch, second or third.

reminded me of Gerrards goal past Barthez at the anfield rd end. think that was a couple of touches then bang,

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1321 on: April 6, 2018, 08:48:27 am »
With Can struggling and Hendo out next week who are we gonna play as the #6?

Any chance we could go to a back three?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1322 on: April 6, 2018, 08:49:34 am »
Who thinks that? Sterling never does well at Anfield, I doubt he would have had much of an effect.

Pep was actually trying to protect Sterling. He hasn’t had a good game here since he left. All that happens is that he gets stick, then reacts by trying too hard, which leads to mistakes and then petulance.
That petulance was on show when he kicked out at Hendo, in retaliation.
Funny that no pundit has picked up up on that!
If it had been a foreign player though, the indignation would have been momentous.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1323 on: April 6, 2018, 08:49:56 am »

We don’t have three centre backs!  I suppose it could be Robertson on the left and mad Albie as wing back, but that would give them the midfield, and I’m not sure that’s a great idea,
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1324 on: April 6, 2018, 08:54:00 am »

Milner and Gini as 6's and Ox in AM.

Wouldn't play a back 3, but was thinking if we could play Clyne and move Trent onto the wing if Salah is out. But I'd rather move Bobby deeper and play Solanke ahead of him (with Mane and Ox) out wide, sort of 442/diamond-ish.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1325 on: April 6, 2018, 08:59:20 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zh7jAq4niC0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zh7jAq4niC0</a>
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: April 6, 2018, 09:19:58 am »
I said when we got City after the draw, that they are the only team i prefer to play first leg at home.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1327 on: April 6, 2018, 09:22:06 am »
Great stuff mate.

In the same vein have you seen Rory Smith's superb piece in the New York Times which refreshingly and quite beautifully represents last night in the way it actually was as distinct from the way the self-righteous pricks within our media seem to crave to misrepresent it.

It's almost as if Rory is the only guy in the media who really understands what actually happened last night which is a shocking reflection on the British media as an entity

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/04/sports/soccer/liverpool-manchester-city-champions-league.html

:)

Beautifully written article that.. Puts our own reporters to shame.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #1328 on: April 6, 2018, 11:17:12 am »
Don't think i've seen a cleaner hit

There was a lot of criticism of delay in closing down by City, but whilst they would have been tighter packed if they were parking the bus like Yernited do, the reality is the goal is so beautiful because it shows the skill in our attacks.  All about speed so quick that the defence cant react.  So Milner fizzes the ball - admittedly a little challenging for Ox but what a touch to control.  One touch out of the feet, then wallop.  Not easy to get all those things so accurate and quick.  All of the goals came from some feverish pressure, but also the ability to move things thereafter at lightning speed.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1329 on: April 6, 2018, 11:25:02 am »
LFCTS@LFCTS Apr 4
Lampard's face when Ox scores last night 😂😂😂

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: April 6, 2018, 11:34:03 am »
"BBC Sport understands he [Can] could be back before the season ends on 13 May."

So no Can or Henderson on Tuesday. That's not good
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1331 on: April 6, 2018, 11:37:12 am »
"BBC Sport understands he [Can] could be back before the season ends on 13 May."

Nope so we'll just have to shuffle a bit. How about Firmino, Ox and Milner in Mid. Salah, Solanke, Mane up top

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1332 on: April 6, 2018, 11:42:29 am »

Sterling has properly fucked us. Just when we needed Henderson most (this is called 'doing a Moses' since 13-14)

Still not convinced the ref gave him the yellow for the tackle, but for him standing up to Sterling kicking him and trying to barge him. Ref should have booked Sterling, and warned Henderson. Can't reward players for kicking out at someone after being fouled

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1333 on: April 6, 2018, 11:43:10 am »
Nope so we'll just have to shuffle a bit. How about Firmino, Ox and Milner in Mid. Salah, Solanke, Mane up top
gini, Milner and ox in the middle for me. I'd start ings instead of solanke if salah is out, ings is more mobile and more energetic.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: April 6, 2018, 11:44:15 am »
gini, Milner and the on in the middle for me. I'd start ings instead of solanke if salah is out, ings is more mobile and more energetic.

More mobile? No he's not

And if he looks more energetic, it's only an illusion cos of his short legs when he runs.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1335 on: April 6, 2018, 11:49:17 am »
Mane through the middle second leg. They will be defending on the half way line throughout. Got an image in my head of sadio being put through with a ball over the top and racing away to score the decisive away goal. Bit like his red card situation but with a karmatic ending.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1336 on: April 6, 2018, 11:52:19 am »
Hopefully, Klopp is drilling into the players that this tie isn't over. It's only halftime.
Put it this way, if we were beaten 3-0 away with the opposition to come back to Anfield, would we think the tie was over? No, we wouldn't.
Agree. No way is this over. I want us going there as if the score was 0-0. No complacency. We have so much history in Europe of coming back from the dead, so we know it can be done. We also know that City are quality. The right mentality and attitude is going to be crucial in this game.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1337 on: April 6, 2018, 11:55:27 am »

Note for the BBC: our season does not end on 13 May.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: April 6, 2018, 12:02:54 pm »
Note for the BBC: our season does not end on 13 May.

They're referring to the league finishing on that day, obviously if we progress to the final then it won't be the end.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: April 6, 2018, 12:20:24 pm »
They're referring to the league finishing on that day, obviously if we progress to the final then it won't be the end.

My god, you make 'taking things literally' to the next level. You don't let a single thing go, ever, do you?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1340 on: April 6, 2018, 12:27:12 pm »
LFCTS@LFCTS Apr 4
Lampard's face when Ox scores last night 😂😂😂

Looks round at the biscuits with a shifty “I’m gonna get the penguins before Rio sees me!”
Fat Fwank
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1341 on: April 6, 2018, 12:45:40 pm »
Just read city made only 270 passes in the game - that’s ridiculously few for them and testament to just how effectively we disrupted what they want to do

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1342 on: April 6, 2018, 12:47:51 pm »
Just read city made only 270 passes in the game - that’s ridiculously few for them and testament to just how effectively we disrupted what they want to do

That's wrong. The UEFA website says there were about 460 total completed passes in the game but that seems extraordinarily low. I mean, it says the distance covered was 60.5-59.5...
« Last Edit: April 6, 2018, 12:51:12 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1343 on: April 6, 2018, 12:52:11 pm »
That's wrong. The UEFA website says there were about 460 total completed passes in the game but that seems extraordinarily low. I mean, it says the distance covered was 60.5-59.5, that's just not correct.

Weird I got the number from a Jonathon Northcorft article which presumably uses the uefa numbers

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: April 6, 2018, 12:57:57 pm »
Such a shame that injuries are going to affect us so badly in the second leg.

With no #6 available, and in fact only three fit recognised first team midfielders, it has to be Milner, Wijnaldum and AOC.

In what shape who knows......it's a worry as Wijnaldum isn't noted for huge away performances and none of those are suited to play at #6.

We may go 4-2-3-1

Milner  Wijnaldum

Salah               AOC               Mane

Bobby

This tie is far from over.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1345 on: April 6, 2018, 01:01:13 pm »
Bet you'd be saying the tie is over if we were 3-0 down.  :P

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1346 on: April 6, 2018, 01:04:44 pm »
My god, you make 'taking things literally' to the next level. You don't let a single thing go, ever, do you?
Oi, you leave Ty alone.  ;D
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1347 on: April 6, 2018, 01:05:51 pm »
That's right blud. He's fam is SMS.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1348 on: April 6, 2018, 01:26:16 pm »
A.C. Milan say hello. ;)

Hi Milan, hows life back there in 5th? 😎
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #1349 on: April 6, 2018, 01:39:08 pm »
Such a shame that injuries are going to affect us so badly in the second leg.

With no #6 available, and in fact only three fit recognised first team midfielders, it has to be Milner, Wijnaldum and AOC.

In what shape who knows......it's a worry as Wijnaldum isn't noted for huge away performances and none of those are suited to play at #6.

We may go 4-2-3-1

Milner  Wijnaldum

Salah               AOC               Mane

Bobby

This tie is far from over.

Milner  Wijnaldum

AOC               Bobby               Mane

Salah

Firmino isn't usually the out-and-out #9. Salah does that job from a wide position, Firmino drops off into the #10 spot. Although that sometimes changes depending on how defensive Salah is required to be.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1350 on: April 6, 2018, 02:19:58 pm »
amazing win, truly up there with one of the best nights at anfield. even at 3 you felt we had another gear to shift into if needed, though that atmosphere must have affected the city players. made hairs on my neck stand up and was sitting at home, miles away from the stadium!

sadly the bus incident is just getting egged and egged, especially by our own media. klopp is very downbeat about it to, makes me wonder if he believes this could mean we are going to get a severe punishment in next years competition, or even barred from it? would surely be an over reaction by uefa but nothing suprises me (much) in football anymore.

- all in my opinion of course -

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1351 on: April 6, 2018, 02:23:12 pm »
sadly the bus incident is just getting egged and egged, especially by our own media. klopp is very downbeat about it to, makes me wonder if he believes this could mean we are going to get a severe punishment in next years competition, or even barred from it? would surely be an over reaction by uefa but nothing suprises me (much) in football anymore.

It'll most likely be a fine if anything, Klopp is probably just very disappointed that the incident happened rather than worrying about possible punishments. The media at least will tire of it soon and move onto something else.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1352 on: April 6, 2018, 02:41:42 pm »
More mobile? No he's not

And if he looks more energetic, it's only an illusion cos of his short legs when he runs.
ings is definitely more mobile, solanke the other night reminded me of Andy Carroll for some reason, looked slow and not too mobile while pressing. City's defence would suit up better to a tall slow forward than one that would run and press all day forcing mistakes.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1353 on: April 6, 2018, 02:46:08 pm »

It's also a testament of how shit Everton played against them.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1354 on: April 6, 2018, 02:49:24 pm »
Our midfield is a huge concern for the 2nd leg, more so if Salah doesn't play.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1355 on: April 6, 2018, 02:56:41 pm »
There's been too much giddiness in the last day or so, a bit like after we beat them in 13/14. The tie is far from over yet - we need to be massively on it come Tuesday.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1356 on: April 6, 2018, 02:59:41 pm »
There's been too much giddiness in the last day or so, a bit like after we beat them in 13/14. The tie is far from over yet - we need to be massively on it come Tuesday.

As long as it's just the fans then there's not really a problem with that. I don't think anyone truly believes that the tie is over.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1357 on: April 6, 2018, 03:00:30 pm »

I don't know where you are gauging that from, hardly anyone on here thinks the tie is over, and the most important thing is that the players and the manager don't believe that and they don't.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #1358 on: April 6, 2018, 03:07:16 pm »
I don't think our punishment can be bigger than a hefty fine for this crowd disturbance. I don't mind that we are not talking for a week about how fucking great our team was against City in this match. They need to get a result tomorrow and Tuesday both.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1359 on: April 6, 2018, 03:07:47 pm »

Yet if we were 3-0 down you would be saying it;s over. So don't try and downplay a result like the first tie.