Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3437227 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Manchester United appoint Oín 6skingollum Ar-Sakalthôr
« Reply #25200 on: April 10, 2019, 11:04:06 pm »
At the Nou Camp, it will be difficult for them to be compact on that pitch.

Old Trafford and Nou Camp have same pitch size.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25201 on: April 10, 2019, 11:04:56 pm »
4 loses in 5. Thank fuck they signed him up for that contract before they got someone decent in.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #25202 on: April 10, 2019, 11:07:46 pm »
They need to revamp their entire forward line once again. They are all consistently meh. It's incredible how much that has turned on them this decade. A club once defined by their attacking football can now only spend money on physical midfielders to gain any sort of advantage. 
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Solskjaer is STILL the manager of Manchester United!!
« Reply #25203 on: April 10, 2019, 11:15:14 pm »

:lmao

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #25204 on: April 10, 2019, 11:19:44 pm »
Tylers commentary was majestic

"Two greats of European game, both teams full of attacking brilliance. Messi, Pogba et al, except Suarez and Coutinho, they're pieces of shit, those two, absolute pieces of shit"
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25205 on: April 10, 2019, 11:21:37 pm »
Can we have Solskjaer is still the manager of Manchester United as the thread title?

Or is it too early?
Yeah!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25206 on: April 10, 2019, 11:21:40 pm »
They need to revamp their entire forward line once again. They are all consistently meh. It's incredible how much that has turned on them this decade. A club once defined by their attacking football can now only spend money on physical midfielders to gain any sort of advantage.

Don’t you mean they need to revamp their entire defence, midfield and forward line, as well as the managerial setup. Everything about that team is terrible. Honestly they are screwed for years, there is no easy fix to such a terrible squad.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Online Skrtelonparole

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25207 on: April 10, 2019, 11:23:55 pm »
Priceless!! 😂😂😂

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #25208 on: April 10, 2019, 11:27:19 pm »
Forgot these were playing tonight, so I got a nice surprise when I watched the news.  ;D

I'm so glad they have good old Ole at the wheel.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #25209 on: April 10, 2019, 11:29:02 pm »
Don’t you mean they need to revamp their entire defence, midfield and forward line, as well as the managerial setup. Everything about that team is terrible. Honestly they are screwed for years, there is no easy fix to such a terrible squad.

They are screwed for years, but the midfield is ok and De Gea will help cover the defensive holes for now, and who knows about OGS. But they really should start with the forward line if they ever want to start competing again sometime in the next few years.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25210 on: April 10, 2019, 11:29:13 pm »
In some ways a poor game was good for them.  The last thing you want against Barça is for a game of football to break out...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #25211 on: April 10, 2019, 11:29:42 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #25212 on: April 10, 2019, 11:36:42 pm »
I'm guessing before next week Sméagol will have said the following words/phrases numerous times:

"Comeback, 1999, The Gaffer, traditions, Roy Keane, my precious"
We are Liverpool!

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25213 on: April 10, 2019, 11:38:03 pm »
Richest club in the world.

4 losses in 5.

0 shots on target in a home game.

"Played well"

"Brave"

LOL

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25214 on: April 10, 2019, 11:38:38 pm »
I'm guessing before next week Sméagol will have said the following words/phrases numerous times:

"Comeback, 1999, The Gaffer, traditions, Roy Keane, my precious"

Dont forget Paris!

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #25215 on: April 10, 2019, 11:47:56 pm »

:lmao

Not true, though. Luke Shaw scored tonight. ;)

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25216 on: April 10, 2019, 11:55:07 pm »

A United fan I work with told me that this summer Mata, Herrera, Valencia and Darmian are all going, it'll be interesting to see if they can attract players of a good enough standard to fill those spaces and the gaps they already have with Solskjær in charge, more so if they don't get champion league next season.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25217 on: April 10, 2019, 11:58:32 pm »
A United fan I work with told me that this summer Mata, Herrera, Valencia and Darmian are all going, it'll be interesting to see if they can attract players of a good enough standard to fill those spaces and the gaps they already have with Solskjær in charge, more so if they don't get champion league next season.

It’s not even about being able to attract players now, it’s the sheer cost of replacing so many players. Even for a club like United it is unaffordable. FRED cost them 50million.

All of those names are guaranteed to leave but even then they still need to replace pretty much the entire defence and the attack is seriously poor as well so god only knows how much it will cost them to fix that.

I don’t even think another 500 million is enough to sort out this mess, especially with Ole at the wheel.

They have many more years of pain ahead.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 12:00:22 am by JovaJova »
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #25218 on: April 11, 2019, 12:17:36 am »
Next week could be Utd's last CL game for quite awhile. They're 4th favourites in a four horse race for Top 4 and you could see Ole fucking up majorly next season and them missing out again.  :D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #25219 on: April 11, 2019, 12:20:44 am »
Not true, though. Luke Shaw scored tonight. ;)

Shame it was in his own net though. :lmao
#Sausages

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25220 on: April 11, 2019, 12:21:00 am »
Old Trafford and Nou Camp have same pitch size.

My eyes are playing tricks one m then

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25221 on: April 11, 2019, 12:21:53 am »
My eyes are playing tricks one m then

The pitch in Barcelona always looks huge, but it’s the same 105 x 68m as Old Trafford.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #25222 on: April 11, 2019, 12:28:49 am »
The pitch in Barcelona always looks huge, but it’s the same 105 x 68m as Old Trafford.

Think it's the proximity of the stands to the pitch is why the pitch Nou Camp looks bigger.
#Sausages

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #25223 on: April 11, 2019, 12:32:25 am »
It’s not even about being able to attract players now, it’s the sheer cost of replacing so many players. Even for a club like United it is unaffordable. FRED cost them 50million.

During the summer, United fans were bumming about how they got the far better player in Fred rather than Fabinho. Maybe they were right and maybe their shit managers have turned good players into bad. Or maybe they were just talking shit.

It’s funny now how we really don’t care anymore as they have turned into a parody of a club with thousands of their fans leaving.
#JFT97

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25224 on: April 11, 2019, 12:33:44 am »
Think it's the proximity of the stands to the pitch is why the pitch Nou Camp looks bigger.

Yeah you're right, optical illusion and all that  :D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25225 on: April 11, 2019, 12:35:26 am »
During the summer, United fans were bumming about how they got the far better player in Fred rather than Fabinho. Maybe they were right and maybe their shit managers have turned good players into bad. Or maybe they were just talking shit.

It’s funny now how we really don’t care anymore as they have turned into a parody of a club with thousands of their fans leaving.

My gf’s Dad and Brother were still saying this at Christmas.

Eating their words now like.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #25226 on: April 11, 2019, 12:37:37 am »
The fact that the four players their fans consider 'World Class' (they're not) namely De Gea, Pogba, Rashford and Martial would all be on our bench and not starting for us shows how far they've fallen.

They need massive investment this summer, 4 or 5 squad players need replaced and 2 or 3 starters are required, that's over £300m easily.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25227 on: April 11, 2019, 01:12:46 am »
😂 they looked poor against a frankly lacklustre Barca team. Plays into our hands for their game against city. They’ll need a win to get champions league next season
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline indianscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #25228 on: April 11, 2019, 02:36:46 am »
Tactical masterclass from Ole: “Manchester United should look to 1999 for Camp Nou inspiration, says Solskjær.” His managerial philosophy seems to rest entirely on Sir Alex, 1999, injury time and a mythical “united way” which has no basis in the clubs history. Long it may continue.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/10/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-manchester-united-barcelona-camp-nou-1999?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25229 on: April 11, 2019, 02:37:11 am »
4 loses in 5. Thank fuck they signed him up for that contract before they got someone decent in.

They're bit reverting back to their level after a new manager bounce are they? Who the hell could have predicted that?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25230 on: April 11, 2019, 05:35:10 am »
Barca was that poor, I'm not convinced Utd are out of this CL just yet.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #25231 on: April 11, 2019, 06:26:55 am »
Tactical masterclass from Ole: “Manchester United should look to 1999 for Camp Nou inspiration, says Solskjær.” His managerial philosophy seems to rest entirely on Sir Alex, 1999, injury time and a mythical “united way” which has no basis in the clubs history. Long it may continue.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/10/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-manchester-united-barcelona-camp-nou-1999?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

There is a "United Way", though, instituted by the great Matt Busby, which is based on youth, skill, wingers, and a never-say-die attitude.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25232 on: April 11, 2019, 06:40:35 am »
30% ball possession, 0 shots on target, but manutd fans think that was masterclass from Ole? If Mourinho did that (he probably would), he would get slaughtered by manutd fans for his negative football.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25233 on: April 11, 2019, 07:12:16 am »
I’m not sure I’ve seen anybody hail last night as a tactical master class. United looked very average last night and they have next to no chance of getting through. Honeymoon period well and truly over. They will be throwing more shite at the wall in the summer hoping some of it sticks. Hopefully they can dig a performance out v Man City but they look miles short.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #25234 on: April 11, 2019, 07:22:09 am »
Wait a minute.  Quarter finals of the CL. Shirley they are one of top 8 teams in Europe?
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #25235 on: April 11, 2019, 07:27:31 am »

I'm wary of reading too much into headlines these days as journalists have become experts at asking questions in just such a way to get a 'soundbite' answer to splash across the page; but they haven't half left themselves open to crap like this...

And I twice heard mentions to 'that night' in the comms last night as well. There were probably more, but I only had it on in the background.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25236 on: April 11, 2019, 07:27:41 am »
If we can get through against Porto next week, we have nothing to fear from either of these.. United were shite.. Barca were not too much better..

The champions league almost seems easier to win than the league right now.. almost..  :o
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25238 on: April 11, 2019, 08:02:11 am »
Barca was that poor, I'm not convinced Utd are out of this CL just yet.

Barca are usually a different prospect at home, but yes, still a worry that they won't be on it next week.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25239 on: April 11, 2019, 08:21:43 am »
There is a "United Way", though, instituted by the great Matt Busby, which is based on youth, skill, wingers, and a never-say-die attitude.

So Matt Busby's way then, not United's way.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT