Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4158197 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #64000 on: September 26, 2020, 11:08:10 pm »
Honestly boxing judges have to be THE most corrupt judges in all of sport's.  ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #64001 on: September 26, 2020, 11:11:16 pm »
Yeah we're going to have to find a new country where all these elections come from ;D

Dorticos is no mug and he handled him like you said. Don't think he'd have much luck up at HW but he's elite at CW for sure.

Pacman is 8-1 on so the bookies have learned their lesson unfortunately.
I recall him flattening Charr up at HW. Breidis was over 16 stone 😮 I'd give him a good shot against Wilder if I'm honest. Fury and AJ would be steps too far though.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64002 on: September 26, 2020, 11:12:25 pm »
Means little to us but imagine being the greatest sportsperson from your country? That's Breidis.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64003 on: September 26, 2020, 11:12:41 pm »
Mate did Bredis do some wiring work for you? Don't need to big him up like that.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64004 on: September 26, 2020, 11:15:00 pm »
Means little to us but imagine being the greatest sportsperson from your country? That's Breidis.

Igor Stepanovs say's high.  ;D

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #64005 on: September 26, 2020, 11:15:47 pm »
Honestly boxing judges have to be THE most corrupt judges in all of sport's.  ;D

I don't think the scoring system helps though Samie.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64006 on: September 26, 2020, 11:18:03 pm »
Mate did Bredis do some wiring work for you? Don't need to big him up like that.
Best electrician job ever mate 🤣 everyone raves about Usyk and he barely beat this chap. Doesn't get enough credit IMO. If he had battered Bellew you'd be his best mate too.

Listen i needed a new crush when Sergio retired.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64007 on: September 26, 2020, 11:18:04 pm »
I don't think the scoring system helps though Samie.

It doesn't, that and it depends on what the judges are looking for in terms of scoring. There's no one set of rules to how a fight should be scored.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64008 on: September 27, 2020, 01:14:34 am »
Did any of you see Taylor's 'fight'? One of the worst dives I've ever seen. There was no whip on that body shot at all. He must have had a fortune on that back in Asia

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64009 on: September 27, 2020, 01:43:56 am »
http://crackstreams.com/boxing-streams/watch-sho-charlo-vs-rosario/

middleweight charlo vs derevynchecko right now

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64010 on: September 27, 2020, 08:51:32 am »
I recall him flattening Charr up at HW. Breidis was over 16 stone 😮 I'd give him a good shot against Wilder if I'm honest. Fury and AJ would be steps too far though.

My only thing with him is he caught Dorticos and Usyk with some good strong shots that I think you'd be expecting to produce a KO up at HW. So I wonder if he'll take his power up with him.

I might have said the same about Usyk though to be fair until he put Bellew into the first row.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64011 on: September 30, 2020, 10:48:01 pm »
So apparently KSI has been calling out Mike Tyson for an exhibition fight then backtracked.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64012 on: October 1, 2020, 09:00:57 am »
So apparently KSI has been calling out Mike Tyson for an exhibition fight then backtracked.  ;D

Haha. For once I would have actually been interested in one of these YouTuber fights ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64013 on: October 2, 2020, 11:30:09 pm »
Wilder has split from his long time coach. The man who threw the towel in in the Fury rematch.  ::)

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/768360/deontay-wilder-splits-mark-breland-tyson-fury/

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64014 on: October 6, 2020, 12:32:54 pm »
Shit, does Hagler need money?  :( He's auctioning off some of his robes that he used to wear coming to the ring.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64015 on: October 6, 2020, 12:37:14 pm »
Shit, does Hagler need money?  :( He's auctioning off some of his robes that he used to wear coming to the ring.

Sad if so. Should have been set for life after the money from the Leonard fight (although that is a long time ago now).

At least he’s not announcing a comeback
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64016 on: October 6, 2020, 12:40:51 pm »
Not yet.  :o

Lusty's mate Fat Toney is still going at it. Roy Jones Jr and Mike Tyson are coming back for their exhibition fights, JCC said he want's to fight Oscar who's coming back.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64017 on: October 6, 2020, 03:53:17 pm »

Jesus. Hagler is trying to smile, such is his desperation to make sales. This is serious lads  :(

That said, I read somewhere that he has managed his money well and lives in Italy. I hope that is the case.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2020, 03:55:18 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64018 on: October 6, 2020, 04:07:09 pm »
Then I hope it's for charity mate. it would be a shame if robes leads to having to sell of his belts.  :(

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64019 on: October 6, 2020, 04:54:28 pm »
Think Hearns ended up having to sell all his memorabilia to pay off a tax bill a few years ago.  Hopefully it's not the same with Hagler, although I bet he could make a few quid through TV appearances etc. if he had to, so hopefully this is not out of desperation.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64020 on: October 6, 2020, 07:17:04 pm »
Thankfully it looks like he was worth $45m earlier this year, so he’ll have done well if he’s burnt through that in the last 6 months
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64021 on: October 6, 2020, 07:19:21 pm »
Covid era mate. Who knows what the Marvelous one spent money on.  ;D

Then it's definitely for charity then if he's worth 45 million.  Imagine owning the robe Hagler wore to fight any of the other 4 Kings?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64022 on: October 6, 2020, 07:21:17 pm »
Thankfully it looks like he was worth $45m earlier this year, so he’ll have done well if he’s burnt through that in the last 6 months

Must have given the old Amazon account a bit of a hammering during lockdown. We've all been there.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #64023 on: October 6, 2020, 10:54:20 pm »
https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/765248/uk-tv-vasyl-lomachenko-vs-teofimo-lopez-terence-crawford-vs-kell-brook/

Bob Arum laying into Eddie Hearn basically saying Sky puts up any crap he offers up but currently neither Sky or BT or any other UK broadcaster is showing the Lomachenko v Lopez fight on October 17th.

Also said that Terence Crawford v Kell Brook is being finalised for  November 14th.

Lomachenko-Lopez is £9.99 on Fite tv. Be amazed if that does 10,000 buys at that time in the morning.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64024 on: October 6, 2020, 10:56:56 pm »

The P4P #1 in probably his toughest fight as a pro is on fite tv.  :butt

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64025 on: October 7, 2020, 05:11:27 pm »
Just seen Bob Arum slaughter Sky for not buying it in the UK, then praise ESPN for not showing it on PPV in the US. A non heavyweight fight featuring 2 non British fighters at that time in the morning during the current climate is not a PPV fight here.

Lomachenko is a great fighter, arguably P4P but the interest in that fight won’t interest the masses here, present company excluded.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64026 on: October 7, 2020, 05:14:35 pm »
Yeah financially it makes sense but it doesn't need to be PPV mate. Just put it on Sky Sports "Fight Night" programme on their usual boxing channel or BT Sport 1.

Heck why not ITV4?  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64027 on: October 7, 2020, 05:16:54 pm »
We've all seen some of the shite this lot put on after 1 am.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64028 on: October 7, 2020, 05:42:07 pm »
Does Boxnation not still exist? I thought the whole point of it was to pick up stuff like that.

I remember having to subscribe to it for Donaire v Rigo.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64029 on: October 7, 2020, 05:46:39 pm »
went out of business.  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64030 on: October 10, 2020, 02:53:00 pm »
Fury v Wilder 3 has been called off. 

Either Wilder came to his senses or he wasn't offered much this time round.  ;D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64031 on: October 10, 2020, 04:34:33 pm »
Josh Taylor vs José Ramírez agreed for early 2021, with Jack Catterall stepping aside to fight the winner for all the marbles. Should be some battle.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64032 on: October 10, 2020, 08:14:47 pm »
Fury v Wilder 3 has been called off. 

Either Wilder came to his senses or he wasn't offered much this time round.  ;D
He might be biding his time until Fury gets fat and unmotivated again.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64033 on: October 10, 2020, 08:50:32 pm »
Been denied by Wilders camp, God knows what’s going on but I doubt Wilder will let the opportunity to fight Fury again go. He got made to look stupid, he’s gona want to save face and if all that fails he’ll pocket 10’s of millions of dollars so it’s in his best interest to fight.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #64034 on: October 11, 2020, 12:04:22 am »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64035 on: October 11, 2020, 12:16:12 am »
 ;D

Yes, that fat oaf is the right man to start the discussion.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64036 on: October 11, 2020, 07:52:11 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64037 on: October 12, 2020, 01:32:53 pm »
Been denied by Wilders camp, God knows what’s going on but I doubt Wilder will let the opportunity to fight Fury again go. He got made to look stupid, he’s gona want to save face and if all that fails he’ll pocket 10’s of millions of dollars so it’s in his best interest to fight.

Now Tyson Fury saying  it's off. Wilder apparently missed the deadline to officially sign on.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 02:19:55 pm by Samie »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64038 on: October 12, 2020, 08:10:11 pm »
Now Tyson Fury saying  it's off. Wilder apparently missed the deadline to officially sign on.  ;D

Presumably he'll have to fight some plumber now then as a mandatory, then the way is clear for an AJ fight next year?  Assuming the world goes back to normal at some point because there's no way that one happens behind closed doors.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64039 on: October 12, 2020, 08:21:19 pm »
Yeah, Frank confirmed they're looking to fight back here in December.