Author Topic: The mourning of departed Reds  (Read 20386 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: The mourning of departed Reds
« Reply #160 on: July 4, 2022, 04:45:09 pm »
Happy 52nd Alan ♡
Happy 52nd Alan,  no age YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 5, 2023, 07:27:11 am »
Yesterday I attended the funeral of Terry Moran who sadly died prematurely in December, age 66.
Terry was the brother of our friend on here Chris, poster only6times.

I've played footy and cards with Terry for over 40 years, he truly was the nicest and respectable bloke you could meet. Most of our footy would have been played on Sefton Park across the road from Kesey's flat.

Terry was a huge Liverpool fan who had an amazing knowledge of the club. He was a long time and frequent browser of RAWK and knew the site and some of its characters inside out. He'd often wanted to contribute to threads and provide missing information or correct some of the discussions going on but he was an unassuming person and chose not to register.
In July 2022, I finally convinced him to join and he was registered as The Man From Glenbuck. Unfortunately since then Terry's health deteriorated and he never activated his account or contributed to the site.

The service was an amazing tribute to him and how much he was loved, which had me in bits.
Terry was cremated wearing his favourite Terry McDermott shirt.
I've updated his status to Rawk Remembers.
RIP Terry.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #162 on: January 5, 2023, 07:37:03 am »
Lovely words John. RIP Terry.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: January 5, 2023, 08:08:17 am »
RIP Terry Moran

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #164 on: January 5, 2023, 08:36:16 am »
Echo what Nick said.  RIP Terry, and my condolences to Chris and his family.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #165 on: January 5, 2023, 09:40:52 am »
RIP Terry. Condolences to Chris/only6times and yourself John, and his other family and friends.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: January 5, 2023, 09:57:13 am »
RIP Terry and condolences to his family and all those who knew him.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 5, 2023, 11:26:54 am »
Nice one John and RIP Terry YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #168 on: January 5, 2023, 11:30:29 am »
Rest in peace Terry
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #169 on: January 5, 2023, 11:38:56 am »
RIP Terry.

Condolences to all who knew and loved him. 🕯️
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 5, 2023, 01:34:22 pm »
Thanks John.

As you say, our Terry really was the nicest fella anyone could ever meet.
He has left a huge hole in so many lives.
He loved the Mighty Reds so much and I am made up he saw us become Champions again.

We would swap books on the Reds all the time and his knowledge was unreal. He would leave notes in between certain pages like "62/63 season this not 63/64 like the caption says" because  he had noticed something on the structure of the Old Main Stand.

He has programmes going back the 50's from our dad who made us the fanatics we are. Some of them have a ciggy stump stuck inside them. He would be about 13 and having a sly ciggy he had lifted from me dads packet in bed on the Saturday after the game, when he would hear the key in the door as me mum and dad came in from the L.M.S and would panic. His soultion was to spit in the proey and stub the ciggy out, waft the smoke and pretend he was a kip.

He never got caught.

The Saint and Sir Roger were his idols.

The club have lost a true SUPPORTER who never stopped believing we would be back to the top. A man of Shankly's best.

You'll never walk alone Terry.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: January 5, 2023, 01:35:52 pm »
And he hated the Blueshite with a passion.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 5, 2023, 01:39:32 pm »
Let's hope he gets his dying wish of them getting finally flushed at last.

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 5, 2023, 02:03:11 pm »
Let's hope he gets his dying wish of them getting finally flushed at last.
Defo.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: January 5, 2023, 03:15:10 pm »
Sorry to hear this, condolences.

RIP Terry
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #175 on: January 5, 2023, 03:33:17 pm »
Thanks John.

As you say, our Terry really was the nicest fella anyone could ever meet.
He has left a huge hole in so many lives.
He loved the Mighty Reds so much and I am made up he saw us become Champions again.

We would swap books on the Reds all the time and his knowledge was unreal. He would leave notes in between certain pages like "62/63 season this not 63/64 like the caption says" because  he had noticed something on the structure of the Old Main Stand.

He has programmes going back the 50's from our dad who made us the fanatics we are. Some of them have a ciggy stump stuck inside them. He would be about 13 and having a sly ciggy he had lifted from me dads packet in bed on the Saturday after the game, when he would hear the key in the door as me mum and dad came in from the L.M.S and would panic. His soultion was to spit in the proey and stub the ciggy out, waft the smoke and pretend he was a kip.

He never got caught.

The Saint and Sir Roger were his idols.

The club have lost a true SUPPORTER who never stopped believing we would be back to the top. A man of Shankly's best.

You'll never walk alone Terry.

My condolences mate. RIP Terry - YNWA
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #176 on: January 5, 2023, 03:40:07 pm »
Sorry for your loss Chris. Take care.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #177 on: January 6, 2023, 01:59:11 am »
RIP Terry YNWA.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 6, 2023, 12:21:07 pm »
Yesterday I attended the funeral of Terry Moran who sadly died prematurely in December, age 66.

I've played footy and cards with Terry for over 40 years, he truly was the nicest and respectable bloke you could meet. Most of our footy would have been played on Sefton Park across the road from Kesey's flat.

Terry was a huge Liverpool fan who had an amazing knowledge of the club. He was a long time and frequent browser of RAWK and knew the site and some of its characters inside out. He'd often wanted to contribute to threads and provide missing information or correct some of the discussions going on but he was an unassuming person and chose not to register.
In July 2022, I finally convinced him to join and he was registered as The Man From Glenbuck. Unfortunately since then Terry's health deteriorated and he never activated his account or contributed to the site.

The service was an amazing tribute to him and how much he was loved, which had me in bits.
RIP Terry.

Sorry for your loss John. YNWA
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 6, 2023, 12:26:12 pm »

All the best mate, Sorry for your loss
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #180 on: January 7, 2023, 02:45:49 am »

RIP Terry.

Ah, shit! May God rest his soul and sincere condolences to his brother Chris and all their extended families. RIP.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2023, 11:51:20 pm »
The family of Kenneth Thomas Brett won't ever look in here, but if they ever do I apologise for a late tribute to him.

Ken died early February 2023, but his family wanted his funeral to he held on Wednesday which I attended with one of Ken's best work mates.

I first met Ken in 1995, he was as a driver in a department I was joining in the same organisation I'd worked for years. The first thing that struck me about Ken was his old school decency and hard working mentality. I had my own team in this section but a few of us across the department quickly developed a camaraderie with LFC. Some 10 years younger than me, some 24 years older than me.
And when the department was closed, we went for pints for years later, and continued right up to August 2022.
By then Ken was 80, his mate who I mentioned is 84. It will probably seem mad to the young lads on RAWK but we're drinking with people who've had experiences of Liverpool before the Shankly era. The stories, the memories were incredible. In LFC context, it's like your mum or dad dying, you wish you'd have taken notes all the time when they were talking.

Ken's service was packed with mourners at Christ Church opposite the ground. There was an absolutely lovey tribute to him from Liverpool's club Chaplain who spoke about Ken's adulation for Billy Liddell and it was attended by the great ex-player Gordon Wallace.
His Crem outgoing was of course YNWA.

RIP Ken, I'll miss our chats so much.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 11:54:32 pm by John C »

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 25, 2023, 10:41:59 am »
Lovely tribute John. RIP Ken.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 25, 2023, 10:42:09 am »

Imagine having the privilege to have seen such things.

Rest In Peace, Ken.

YNWA.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #184 on: February 25, 2023, 11:56:10 am »
RIP to Ken and also Terry, I somehow missed the lovely tribute to him from a few weeks ago.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2023, 11:32:54 am »
Six years ago today our Alan passed away.

I went through the thread I started on the 11th and all me PMs last night. Thanks for the support !

RIP Alan were ever you are .

JFT97 !
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2023, 01:46:58 pm »
RIP Alan.
Take care kesey.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2023, 01:49:02 pm »
RIP Alan.
Take care kesey.

Ta John.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2023, 01:51:47 pm »
R.I.P. Alan.

Yeah, look after yaself Kesey mate xx

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2023, 02:52:13 pm »
R.I.P. Alan.

Yeah, look after yaself Kesey mate xx

Thanks mate .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2023, 04:35:19 pm »
R.I.P. Alan.

Love and hugs to you, Kesey. Take care of yourself.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2023, 04:43:50 pm »
Thoughts are with you kesey. Take care.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2023, 05:11:10 pm »
R.I.P Alan.

Still banging people to rights, I bet.
Keep up the good work wherever you are. YNWA Dicko.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 05:27:56 pm by Terry de Niro »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2023, 09:55:00 pm »
Take care of yourself kesey mate.

RIP Alan YNWA

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2023, 08:58:24 am »
Graham Walker - a top red, went to all the homes and the aways including Europe, the fella had seen it all, supported us all is life. A devout red taken from us by bastard cancer.

RIP Kopite.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2023, 11:13:07 am »
Graham Walker - a top red, went to all the homes and the aways including Europe, the fella had seen it all, supported us all is life. A devout red taken from us by bastard cancer.

RIP Kopite.

RIP :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2023, 03:08:45 pm »
RIP Graham. ♥️

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2023, 03:17:37 pm »
Always sad to lose one of our own. 

RIP Graham 💔 YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan