Author Topic: Genk away  (Read 59350 times)

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Genk away
« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2019, 11:00:33 pm »
I am selected to collect. Might be the fact that I chose international post. Just give my damn 13£ you charged for post back please  :wave

Got to collect as well and first time I’ve not collected from Anfield and asked them to post.  Not sure if random as first had to collect or linked to change of method for tickets

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2019, 11:22:37 pm »
Got to collect as well and first time I’ve not collected from Anfield and asked them to post.  Not sure if random as first had to collect or linked to change of method for tickets

It’s random. I’ve selected post lots of times. Been picked once.

If they were going to select they’d probably pick those who collect as then they don’t have to refund postage.
Long live the King

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #282 on: October 12, 2019, 09:46:44 am »
we've booked a taxi from Genk station back to hasselt at 12.30 - approx 40 euros 3 of us in it so room for 1 more if anyone want to come with us for 10 euros.
Who was that with, Jeremy? There will ve three of us (now) so we could do that. Price quite decent compared to the other one someone mentioned. Thanks
We are a team of one half.

Offline Kenny19

• Anny Roader
  • Dreaming our dreams and drifting within
« Reply #283 on: October 12, 2019, 11:27:26 am »
Still 20 odd places available on coach from Genk to Hasselt after the game, £9 per person. DM if interested

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #284 on: October 12, 2019, 11:51:08 am »
Who was that with, Jeremy? There will ve three of us (now) so we could do that. Price quite decent compared to the other one someone mentioned. Thanks

Get on to Kenny 19 mate. He has been VERY helpful in sorting me and the misses with a lift. Can't go wrong with the price and (hopefully) hassle free.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #285 on: October 12, 2019, 12:45:35 pm »
 I'm not sure why? but this coach has reminded me of another occasion many years ago In Istanbul (not 2005)...

Anyway, the misses and I were in Istanbul for the footy (can't remember the year, getting old). For what ever reason the club advised fans to meet for a bus transfer from some where near the Blue Mosque. More often than not we would usually make our own way to a ground, but as we were around that area we decided to try and get one of the buses. We done the usual thing when on these trips, find a place to have a beer and bit of food and wait (nearby) ...anyway too cut a long story short, the organisation by the Club was some what short of nothing :no not many stewards about and no buses to be seen. I seem to remember there was a BIG concern for possible trouble on this trip. There were several fans starting to get frustrated and angry at the lack of communication and there was no sign of coaches and kick off was approaching.

All of a sudden we get a whisper that some of the Scouse lads have organised a private bus for them and their mates, which will be just up the road. I grab the misses and drag her up the road (not literally, I may add  ;D)  yes she was questioning what or even why I would do this?? I told her to be quiet and go with the flow. when we tried to get on the bus this lad said no sorry this is a private bus we have organised for us and friends, so we had to step aside (he literally pushed us out of the way). Standing back, and having the misses saying 'see, told you we should of stayed where we were and waited'. I thought to myself no way am I not getting on the bus...So back we went, try again, same lad I told you before, looked at him and said to be honest mate, if you was in my position with your misses  there would be no way he would not try and get on the bus, by this time lads behind were getting frustrated with us holding things up (it was not he best of conversation, as you can imagine  ???) All of a sudden with a little push (and dragging the misses through some lads in front) we was on the bus :). this bloke was trying to shout at us to get off, but his mates thought it was really funny and also they were having a go at him because I was with my Bird and they thought he should of let her on anyway. We got ushered to the back and the lads said he would calm down (he was not happy because a load of the lads were giving him a hard time for not letting us on in the first place as we had been in and around them for quite a while.
They say what happens abroad should stay abroad, so just picture us on the back of a coach, full of lads doing?????? There was another couple of girls on the bus as well but this trip to the game was one of the BEST. It was BOSS on that coach  ;D.

We only just made the Kick off as well. :scarf

Just in case anyone is wondering? yes we did pay the £10 each that everyone was paying and also the lad came up to us (collecting the money) and said Fare play, he would of done the same.

Me and the misses have laughed about this on many a Euro away trip and also wondered how on earth someone got a coach organised at such short notice?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 12:49:02 pm by gravy red »

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: October 12, 2019, 12:49:48 pm »
Think it was Beşiktaş away at the Ataturk

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #287 on: October 12, 2019, 08:46:52 pm »
Still 20 odd places available on coach from Genk to Hasselt after the game, £9 per person. DM if interested
Get on to Kenny 19 mate. He has been VERY helpful in sorting me and the misses with a lift. Can't go wrong with the price and (hopefully) hassle free.
Thanks. PM sent. :)

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #288 on: October 12, 2019, 09:35:28 pm »
Will vouch for Kenny19, a lad as sound as they come!
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #289 on: October 12, 2019, 10:38:44 pm »
Will vouch for Kenny19, a lad as sound as they come!
:thumbup

As long as we know what the coach looks like so we don't miss it :D it should be fine! Great idea

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: October 13, 2019, 09:18:01 am »
I'm not sure why? but this coach has reminded me of another occasion many years ago In Istanbul (not 2005)...

It was 2015 and I think we're all still waiting for them coaches!

Offline cmulls5

• Kopite
« Reply #291 on: October 13, 2019, 09:46:10 pm »
Missed out on the 11 sale. In two minds about going now as not been in this position before. Anyone hear of any home end tickets?

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #292 on: October 14, 2019, 12:55:45 am »
Missed out on the 11 sale. In two minds about going now as not been in this position before. Anyone hear of any home end tickets?

If you've already booked your trip mate just go and see what happens out there . If you don't get a ticket it'll be a good holiday . Up to you mate.

My plans have been slightly tweaked once again. My Belgian friend I met grapepicking a few years ago says I can crash at his on the Monday and Tuesday in Brussels. So I get to Eindhoven Monday afternoon and Flixbus it to Brussels for 11quid. Is right. I still have to get back to Eindhoven by Wednesday afternoon to meet me best mate . We've got our route boxed off to get Genk.

Eindhoven to Weert by the choo choo - 17 mins and 3 quid or something.
Weert by cab to Bree - 20k but not sure of price.
Bree to Genk by local bus - 35 mins a 3 quid or something.

Then we have to find the place to pick up one of our tickets.

Gonna be a mad one this.

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Shauniboy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #293 on: October 14, 2019, 12:30:01 pm »
Just rand TO and asked when tickets available to collect from Anfield, poor girl totally confused and thought they were all being collected over there. Told me to check junk mail as I must have missed e-mail. Told her its on the website collection dates from Anfield to be announced shortly but must be collected by Saturday. She couldn't get her head around it, anyone else had any joy?

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: October 14, 2019, 02:04:34 pm »
Got Special Delivery email, be here tomorrow

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #296 on: October 14, 2019, 02:27:41 pm »
Long live the King

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #297 on: October 14, 2019, 03:28:51 pm »
got overseas DHL e-mail for delivery Tuesday, LFC on the ball this time after sacking it late last season - YNWA !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: October 14, 2019, 04:16:25 pm »
YNWA.

Offline bignred84

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #299 on: October 15, 2019, 12:08:51 am »
Yeah, you don't need the to worry about the Belgian train.

The Eurostar option I looked at cost more (about 10 Euro) to go anywhere in Belgium

Offline bignred84

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #300 on: October 15, 2019, 12:20:32 am »
A few of our lads tried hanging round the collection point in Augsburg for uncollected tickets and were basically told to fuck off.
knew someone who made a phone call to a former LFC employee mid afternoon, got told to go to the collection point, hey-presto 2 tickets just like that

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: October 15, 2019, 08:35:26 am »
The Eurostar option I looked at cost more (about 10 Euro) to go anywhere in Belgium

Yeah had another look and this might be right.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #302 on: October 15, 2019, 10:46:22 am »
DHL overseas delivery came this morning as planned, BOSS !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #303 on: October 15, 2019, 10:57:48 am »
Yeah had another look and this might be right.
Its definitely correct. The Eurostar tickets to Brussels only have a barcode for the Eurostar but the ones to any Belgium station have the same barcode plus a separate barcode just below for the onward train journey to any Belgium station.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: October 15, 2019, 11:24:48 am »
Its definitely correct. The Eurostar tickets to Brussels only have a barcode for the Eurostar but the ones to any Belgium station have the same barcode plus a separate barcode just below for the onward train journey to any Belgium station.

Damnit, wish I realised when I booked.
YNWA.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: October 15, 2019, 12:05:07 pm »
Damnit, wish I realised when I booked.

Its only €25 return from brussels. Not a massive saving anyway

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: October 15, 2019, 12:29:13 pm »
Managed to grab a EUR 50 hotel next to Genk Station. Not bad.  :)
YNWA.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: October 15, 2019, 12:45:51 pm »
Managed to grab a EUR 50 hotel next to Genk Station. Not bad.  :)

Well done .

Really looking forward to this. This time next week I'll be waking up in Brussels and having Belgian beer for breakfast. After a coffee of course.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: October 15, 2019, 12:51:03 pm »

How its changed since the days of Transalpino. The travel agent use to put the destination on the train ticket with a pencil. The lads use to rub it out and put their real destination on the ticket. I would 've had a field day if I was going back then.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #309 on: October 15, 2019, 01:05:46 pm »
How its changed since the days of Transalpino. The travel agent use to put the destination on the train ticket with a pencil. The lads use to rub it out and put their real destination on the ticket. I would 've had a field day if I was going back then.
So many things in life were so much easier back then!
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2019, 02:01:58 pm »
So many things in life were so much easier back then!

So true.

I remember the ticket allocation in the Echo. If your stub ends in 6, 7 or 8 from the previous you qualify for a ticket.  Or even pay at the gate for most games. Throw the gate fella a few quid , jump over the turnies and leg it or the famous double cick.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2019, 06:57:26 pm »
Heads up on anyone travelling without a ticket,the Belgian Police can be heavy handed with anyone found close to the stadium without a ticket.

Also the Genk/Limburg Police can be bastards at times.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2019, 07:20:07 pm »
Heads up on anyone travelling without a ticket,the Belgian Police can be heavy handed with anyone found close to the stadium without a ticket.

Also the Genk/Limburg Police can be bastards at times.

I remember that from Anderlecht years ago. But the info with the tickets this time around mentions nothing about it and indicates a friendlier vibe.
Long live the King

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2019, 07:33:57 pm »
I remember that from Anderlecht years ago. But the info with the tickets this time around mentions nothing about it and indicates a friendlier vibe.
The Genk fans on a whole don't have a bad rep but don't be surprised if a few Dutch don't make their way down to cause problems, as they often cross the border for just that.

In fact as I mentioned earlier in the thread about the Irish pub in Hasselt being targeted I think some Dutch were involved.

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: October 17, 2019, 12:48:34 am »
The Genk fans on a whole don't have a bad rep but don't be surprised if a few Dutch don't make their way down to cause problems, as they often cross the border for just that.

In fact as I mentioned earlier in the thread about the Irish pub in Hasselt being targeted I think some Dutch were involved.

Do you think some of them will pick me and me mate up in Eindhoven ?

;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: October 17, 2019, 09:29:46 pm »
Do you think some of them will pick me and me mate up in Eindhoven ?

;D
Yea but you'll have to make your own way back...

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: October 17, 2019, 09:36:45 pm »

Yeah, a couple of my mates were arrested and fucked into a cell for the night.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #317 on: October 18, 2019, 10:54:32 am »
I remember someone lifting up their kilt in the square before Anderlecht in 2005 and getting nicked. Then a few lads asking the Police for his ticket.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 02:59:37 pm by Alf »

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: October 18, 2019, 02:41:18 pm »
Yeah, a couple of my mates were arrested and fucked into a cell for the night.
I'm surprised I wasn't thrown in the drunk tank after the Anderlecht gme to be honest. ;)

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: October 18, 2019, 03:13:21 pm »
Yea but you'll have to make your own way back...

Ha.

My plan has changed . Me mate in Brussels thought I was going in November. Shit. I cancelled my accomodation in Eindhoven too. Double shit. Just found out that the ticket pick up is no later than 7pm in Genk. Won't be meeting my mate in Eindhoven til mid afternoon. Shit again.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi