Author Topic: PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool  (Read 41660 times)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool
« Reply #680 on: June 23, 2020, 03:14:38 am »
Yeah we’ve flew right off the tracks. Might be worth getting Hodgson back in to steady the ship.

Hodgson at LFC is the precursor to Trump becoming the President of the US. Let's be careful suggesting this even as a joke. :duh
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #681 on: June 23, 2020, 09:56:08 am »
To be fair, you thought not signing anyone would stop us competing at most points during the last 18 months. And let us know about if. Often.

:wave

Unluckeeee

This isn't emphasised enough in my opinion. Perspective is an odd thing.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #682 on: June 23, 2020, 09:57:32 am »
He's a great manager, he needs to get us back on track.  We're a shadow of ourselves.

We should have taken Everton apart.
Nope. Game management, season management, next-season management. All things that meant we weren't going to approach the 90mins like it was Barca in a CL semi. Next.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #683 on: June 23, 2020, 10:03:29 am »
When was the last time we took Everton apart at there ground? Even with no fans. Also it's fair to say Ancelotti is good at what he does, wether he's managing Everton, Napoli or AC. I think people just want the league done now and that's where the frustration comes from with not being able to get closer to the position it's needed against Everton while ripping them apart at the same time.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: June 23, 2020, 10:10:35 am »
When was the last time we took Everton apart at there ground? Even with no fans. Also it's fair to say Ancelotti is good at what he does, wether he's managing Everton, Napoli or AC. I think people just want the league done now and that's where the frustration comes from with not being able to get closer to the position it's needed against Everton while ripping them apart at the same time.

Its not just Ancelotti who has managed them however. Other managers like Solksjaer and Marco Silva have done this.

Personally I think its our approach to these two specific games. After the United 1-1 it felt like Klopp was really frustrated with the way Man Utd set up, almost as if he is expecting one sort of game and being surprised to not get one of those. I got the feeling that he would then treat those two sides with the disdain and lack of respect they deserve and that certainly was the case in the home league game.

We can excuse Sunday's game due to the circumstances but the next time we go to Goodison and Man Utd it will be interesting to see how we line up. Is it just same again which hasn't resulted in the performance and result the quality difference should yield or will Klopp change it. I almost think that if you offer him 2 draws at Goodison and Old Trafford at the start of the season, he takes it.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: June 23, 2020, 10:15:49 am »
I was shaking my head reading the match thread in the build-up. Posters predicting easy, high scoring wins. Ok, one day we'll go there expecting the usual 0-0 bore draw but we'll tonk them big time, but these predictions of smashing them at their place rarely materialise. I hoped for the three points yesterday, but was happy with the one point I expected.

Can't speak for anyone else but while I was hopeful we might explode out of the blocks, deep down I knew to expect what we actually got... Aside from the usual derby factor, Ancelotti is clearly doing a decent job of getting their house in order. No point reading anything into the result.

To be honest, I'm not betting on us getting a result at the Etihad either but I won't worry too much if we lose that one. City clearly think they have a point to prove right now, but the best they can hope for is to delay us sealing the title by a few more days.

Anything less than a win against Palace at home would be seriously disappointing, but still not the end of the world. It will be only our second game after three months off so it would be understandable if we're still a bit rusty. It wouldn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. We're in a position where we can coast to the title now and start preparing for next season. I'm sure that is part of Klopp's thinking and why he treated the Everton game pretty much as a pre-season friendly.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 10:21:06 am by smutchin »

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #686 on: June 23, 2020, 10:17:36 am »
.....I almost think that if you offer him 2 draws at Goodison and Old Trafford at the start of the season, he takes it.

Don't blame him. I take it too. Any win at those places is a bonus - just don't get beat.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: June 23, 2020, 10:21:15 am »
Don't blame him. I take it too. Any win at those places is a bonus - just don't get beat.

We are vastly superior to both. Its not easy winning at Chelsea or City either and you have to win some big games away.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: June 23, 2020, 10:25:07 am »
We are vastly superior to both. Its not easy winning at Chelsea or City either and you have to win some big games away.

Don't get me wrong. I also think we are better than those two, but it's Everton and United we're talking about. I've been following us since the late 70s and will always take a point at those two - any win is just (much much) sweeter.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 10:26:42 am by Barrow Shaun »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #689 on: June 23, 2020, 10:25:54 am »

Football isn't always that straight forward though. You don't take into account that in football anything can happen, which means one coach can out-smart another, some key players maybe slightly less than one hundred per cent. Certain teams raise their game against particular teams. We've not had a good record against the BS at Woodison for years, as they raise their game against us. How many times have City dropped points this season?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: June 23, 2020, 10:28:48 am »
Football isn't always that straight forward though. You don't take into account that in football anything can happen, which means one coach can out-smart another, some key players maybe slightly less than one hundred per cent. Certain teams raise their game against particular teams. We've not had a good record against the BS at Woodison for years, as they raise their game against us. How many times have City dropped points this season?

I get that but its a consistent pattern there. We go there expecting a highly charged game and instead they defend and cannot break them down. Thats been the same for the past 3 seasons.

Its not a massive issue and Sunday had mitigating circumstances but next time we play at Goodison or Old Trafford the games will be exactly the same and if we are to change the result we may need to do something different.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: June 23, 2020, 10:30:38 am »
......How many times have City dropped points this season?

Thought I'd statto this.

City have dropped points in 10 games, us 3, out of 30.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: June 23, 2020, 11:24:55 am »
Not at all surprising result. Take a world class manager and tactician and put him in charge of a group of players, some of whom are decent, and give him a good few weeks to get things right tactically and no surprises they could nullify us on the day.

Will take an away point from an Ancelotti team any day of the week. We are still in a commanding lead in the league and still only need to win 2 games to win the league. We have a fit squad again and the match fitness would have helped with the rhythm and intensity.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #693 on: June 23, 2020, 11:53:57 am »
Also does Richarlison act like that in every game or does he just turn it up for us?  I understand some players thrive on those antics and use them to their advantage, and fair play cause he is actually a decent player, but it just seemed to make himself angrier and angrier as the game went on.  It's not even a threatening type of angry look either.  It's more like the look my 3 year old gets when he's having a tantrum.  Just seems like a waste of energy to be that angry is all.  Cheer up mate. 

He pulls that shite every single game, including the limp and the rolls. It's tiresome and the refs need to clamp down on it

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: June 23, 2020, 12:04:33 pm »
6 past fixtures at goodison - 3 goals. Surely theres no worse fixture in the league for goals per game. In the same time anfields had 20 in 6.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: June 23, 2020, 03:13:06 pm »
Picking the lock of these resolute defensive teams is always a nightmare when the players are rusty; the speed of thought, movement and passing just isn't there. Now that the season is back up and running I'm not too fussed when we win it, everyone knows it's inevitable at this point and so dragging it out a little just annoys the fuck out of the voiders.

I really hope we manage to break the city tally of 100 points in a season though, let's see the wankers try to put an asterisk next to that.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: June 23, 2020, 03:17:23 pm »
Was it Richarlison who injured Matip on Sunday?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #697 on: June 23, 2020, 03:24:14 pm »

I believe so... raking his feet all game long. 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #698 on: June 23, 2020, 03:38:55 pm »

To be fair to the lad we were hacking him down all game, judging by the number of times he hit the deck, rolling about and screaming  a threnody of anguish and pain.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: June 23, 2020, 03:39:24 pm »
I believe so... raking his feet all game long. 

Thanks, I thought the lack of a baying crowd would minimise their shithousery but obviously I was wrong. He's out now for the Palace game as well.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: June 23, 2020, 03:44:55 pm »
To be fair to the lad we were hacking him down all game, judging by the number of times he hit the deck, rolling about and screaming  a threnody of anguish and pain.

I think he's worse than Drogba at that, and that's saying something.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: June 23, 2020, 04:13:19 pm »
I did enjoy it when Milner gave him that "dribble past this, you twat" tackle. Totally undeserved yellow card - he clearly played the ball first.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: June 23, 2020, 04:17:14 pm »
I did enjoy it when Milner gave him that "dribble past this, you twat" tackle. Totally undeserved yellow card - he clearly played the ball first.

Yeah that yellow was very harsh, didn't look like it neither live nor on replay.