Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2060342 times)

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #15360 on: September 4, 2020, 10:11:34 pm »
Why does a lad who happens to have full credits on his card get in at the same opportunity as a STH who's been going for years?

Works both ways

Why does a lad who happens to have full credits on his card get in at the same opportunity as a STH who's got a season ticket off the waiting list last year having not been to a game prior...

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #15361 on: September 4, 2020, 10:37:44 pm »
STH and members with full credits go into a ballot?  None of the games this season will count for credits going forward, so a ballot is surely the fairest way?  Could be that STH and full credits are guaranteed x amount of home games next season each, but those games are drawn via a ballot. 

The logistical side of things is just going to be a total nightmare.  Getting people safely in and out of the ground and surrounding areas will be a huge task.  Test and trace will have to be spot on.  I know a few STH who only attend the big games and sell their tickets to others for games they don't want.  How will that be stopped?  Photographic ID?  What if an area goes into a local lock down.  How will they stop those people from travelling and getting into the ground?  Will that ticket be flagged up when scanned to get into the ground?

Obviously if a local lock down happened round Anfield, or a big second wave hit, then all of this is out of the door.

Whatever they choose, it won't please everyone.  I'm just happy for good health right now, football will come back to what it use to be at some point further down the line.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #15362 on: September 4, 2020, 10:39:19 pm »
Couple of basic questions lads. No credits for any games this season, so does this mean mine will be carried over to the next season where they count?

Also, I assume the ACS will be based on the 19/20 season and before when it is reintroduced? I managed to get on the FA Cup ladder this season and have league Cup credits also.

Getting to Anfield from Ireland this season is a pipedream for me. Hope some of you get in.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15363 on: September 5, 2020, 06:47:28 am »
STH get priority in cup sales, in cup final tickets.

They are treated differently. Why does a lad who happens to have full credits on his card get in at the same opportunity as a STH who's been going for years?

Don't count on it. As ever people will be annoyed.

"Happens to have". In fairness they are people who have grafted for years to get into that position, endured endless of hours of frustration and queuing to get to full credits where as some STH merely had the tickets passed to them. I wouldn't be so dismissive of memberships.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2020, 08:14:10 am by DangerScouse »

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #15364 on: September 5, 2020, 07:14:42 am »
"Happens to have". In fairness they are people who have grafted for years to get into that position, endured endless of hours of frustration and queuing to get to that full credits where as some STH merely had the tickets passed to them. I wouldn't be so dismissive of memberships.

Exactly, after reading about the number of tickets being passed down or passed on to others it’s hard to believe a lot of STHs have actually been to more games than some of the more regular members.

As a side note a STH or members card should be used by one person in my opinion...shouldn’t be passed on. Just like the STH exchange, if you can’t go the game a member should also be able to sell it back on for re-sale. I’d like to see that going forward

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15365 on: September 5, 2020, 10:40:11 am »
"Happens to have". In fairness they are people who have grafted for years to get into that position, endured endless of hours of frustration and queuing to get to full credits where as some STH merely had the tickets passed to them. I wouldn't be so dismissive of memberships.

There's literally a guy two posts up talking of STH's who only go to the big games and sell the rest

STHs are some of the most disloyal fans we have.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15366 on: September 5, 2020, 10:47:57 am »
Hahaha wonder if the STH will have to do a tour around the ground in different seats! Being a lowly member it's one I've half occasionally enjoyed and mainly hated.
(And wonder how that might work for costs).

Glad the club have put out all the information lately, and really all makes a lot of sense.

One element makes me slightly nervous, which is should we progress in the CL which is many months away when the situation and risk might be so much less, I'd be gutted not to be attending those games but for one season, I think I'll cope. Don't plan to enter a ballot the rest of this year, and will assess it in 2021 so quite happy overall.

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #15367 on: September 5, 2020, 02:45:27 pm »
There's literally a guy two posts up talking of STH's who only go to the big games and sell the rest

Really, is that all of us being tarred with that brush?, I've not missed a game in three years and rarely missed many at all over the last 15years, I get some do move them on but you cant make a sweeping statement which is probably based on anger that you cant get one yourself
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15368 on: September 5, 2020, 02:53:35 pm »
Really, is that all of us being tarred with that brush?, I've not missed a game in three years and rarely missed many at all over the last 15years, I get some do move them on but you cant make a sweeping statement which is probably based on anger that you cant get one yourself

Anger that often stems from the fact so many STH get their tickets  passed on by friend or relative and not the waiting list.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15369 on: September 5, 2020, 05:06:42 pm »

You realise there are members out there who have multiple cards with loads of credits?

We all know they are out there. Always looking to move a spare on, meeting five lads before the the game.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #15370 on: September 5, 2020, 07:08:27 pm »

It'll be the same at a lot of the bigger clubs.  It's something you just have to accept as it's not going to change unless they bring in some form of ID for each game, I've been sorted by STH's in the past for some league games.  It's not just STH's tho, it's members as well with a lot of credits.  I've seen it with the ACS in the CL as well.  When we played Barca, so many people sold their tickets on for good money thinking we were down and out....... Serves them right IMO lol.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15371 on: September 5, 2020, 07:33:19 pm »

Just read through the STH fan update thread. Also the amount of tourists with green cards in their hand with no clue where their seat is I see every game as well.

This problem is rife with STHs and members alike. That's all I'm saying.

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #15372 on: September 5, 2020, 09:53:03 pm »
Just read through the STH fan update thread. Also the amount of tourists with green cards in their hand with no clue where their seat is I see every game as well.

This problem is rife with STHs and members alike. That's all I'm saying.
To be fair the whole point of Fan Update is to clean it up and make it harder to sell the ticket on outside of the 6 Friends and family nominated, with the phone app they are rumoured to be planning it should be a lot better
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Online ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15373 on: September 5, 2020, 10:00:27 pm »
To be fair the whole point of Fan Update is to clean it up and make it harder to sell the ticket on outside of the 6 Friends and family nominated, with the phone app they are rumoured to be planning it should be a lot better

You shouldn’t even be able to pass your ticket to 6 other people. If you can’t go, you simply return it back to the club for re-sale, not pass it to a friend or family member..

I find nothing more frustrating than when we got to those european cup finals and you’re allowed to put another persons name down should you be successful in the ballot. If you couldn’t travel then let someone who’s attended all other games get the chance.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15374 on: September 6, 2020, 01:27:51 pm »
Couple of basic questions lads. No credits for any games this season, so does this mean mine will be carried over to the next season where they count?

Also, I assume the ACS will be based on the 19/20 season and before when it is reintroduced? I managed to get on the FA Cup ladder this season and have league Cup credits also.

Getting to Anfield from Ireland this season is a pipedream for me. Hope some of you get in.

Yes + Yes, but again, assuming the corona situation gets better in the next season.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15375 on: September 6, 2020, 01:28:22 pm »
I for one am looking forward to STH having to cram their legs in a severely restricted view seat  ;D
YNWA.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15376 on: September 6, 2020, 03:01:50 pm »
I for one am looking forward to STH having to cram their legs in a severely restricted view seat  ;D

Hahaha said similar on another thread - be funny them doing the tour around the worst seats in Anfield like us members have had to do over the years!

Tip of advice lads and lasses. If you're at the back of the Anfield Road lower stay at home you will see more.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15377 on: September 6, 2020, 03:05:23 pm »

The ground will be 25% full, why would they use severely restricted view tickets?

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15378 on: September 6, 2020, 05:04:27 pm »
The ground will be 25% full, why would they use severely restricted view tickets?

(I am joking)
YNWA.

Offline uppercentenary92

• Main Stander
« Reply #15379 on: September 6, 2020, 08:26:20 pm »
Apologies if this has been covered but my seat in the Upper Kemlyn is £855 (£45 per game)
A member buying a seat last season in my seat would have paid £59.00

So will the club be charging me as a STH £45 per match and a member £59 in the ballot - Can't see it to be honest, we will all be charged £59

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #15380 on: September 6, 2020, 09:30:47 pm »
Anger that often stems from the fact so many STH get their tickets  passed on by friend or relative and not the waiting list.

Is true tbf. I passed mine on to a mate after I left Liverpool to work down south, with the full support of the ticket office who rang me up and asked me to put my it in writing to whom I was passing it on to.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15381 on: September 7, 2020, 02:54:01 pm »
I haven't been keeping up, is there any word on when remaining members have to complete fan update?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15382 on: September 7, 2020, 02:56:34 pm »
Not at the moment, I don't think they've finished the STH's update yet

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15383 on: September 7, 2020, 04:46:03 pm »
Ah right, last I heard the deadline for STHs was 24th August

Just thinking if fans are back next month there's going to be members who are eligible for tickets but who haven't had their turn for fan update yet

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15384 on: September 7, 2020, 06:29:14 pm »
I don't think any of that is going to matter for next season with the way the club will be selling tickets, track and trace means that who gets the ticket has to be the person attending.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #15385 on: September 7, 2020, 08:20:52 pm »
Why? They never have been?

Let me guess. You have full credits from last season?

Yes - and the previous 9 seasons.... ::)
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #15386 on: September 8, 2020, 09:23:06 am »
I don't think any of that is going to matter for next season with the way the club will be selling tickets, track and trace means that who gets the ticket has to be the person attending.
You can't track and trace when the membership is in the name of someones dog - i imagine anyone wanting to step foot inside Anfield will need to verify

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15387 on: September 8, 2020, 11:39:33 am »
You can't track and trace when the membership is in the name of someones dog - i imagine anyone wanting to step foot inside Anfield will need to verify

Well they need to get a move on and let us verify then

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15388 on: September 8, 2020, 12:03:11 pm »
There on about restricting indoor gatherings to 6 people again and we are to believe crowds will be allowed back? Can’t see it happening really.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #15389 on: September 9, 2020, 11:28:50 am »
There on about restricting indoor gatherings to 6 people again and we are to believe crowds will be allowed back? Can’t see it happening really.

There's going to be so much uncertainty over the next 6/12 months.  What could be happening next week, could be hit on the head a few weeks after.  Matt Hancock has said he hopes to be able to lift the restriction before Christmas, but couldn't promise it, so it sounds like this new social gathering restriction is going to be here for a while.  I'm sure we'll see a lot of local/regional lock downs in the next 6 months.  The new restrictions are supposed to include both indoor and outdoor gatherings.

Will it effect people attending games?  Who knows, Borris might clarify the exceptions later as there are to be a few.

One thing for sure is they need to get a reliable track and trace system in place, have the ability to prove who is attending the game is actually that person and have some system in place for people entering and leaving the ground so that it's not all at the same time (Although a lot of people in the Kenny and Main stand tend to leave from about 75mins anyway ;)).

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15390 on: September 9, 2020, 12:18:38 pm »
Boris couldn't clarify a fucking turd

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15391 on: September 9, 2020, 04:35:43 pm »
Think we can forget fans coming back in october.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15392 on: September 9, 2020, 04:39:13 pm »
Agreed. It's the hope that kills you!

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #15393 on: September 9, 2020, 04:54:56 pm »
The positive I do take from what Boris is saying is that the time between partial capacity and full capacity may not be as long as we think. If we do get mass testing up and running, then people going to mass gatherings will be some of the first people to be taking part in a mass testing programme (this is what is happening in Salford). If we are all tested the day before the game, then by the sounds of what Boris is saying the government believes the risk is small enough to let people go into the ground and not social distance. Anyway the big caveat to this is that this is a very optimistic plan.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15394 on: September 9, 2020, 05:12:31 pm »
The positive I do take from what Boris is saying is that the time between partial capacity and full capacity may not be as long as we think. If we do get mass testing up and running, then people going to mass gatherings will be some of the first people to be taking part in a mass testing programme (this is what is happening in Salford). If we are all tested the day before the game, then by the sounds of what Boris is saying the government believes the risk is small enough to let people go into the ground and not social distance. Anyway the big caveat to this is that this is a very optimistic plan.

They have Just said on bbc news that this wouldn’t be ready till the spring Apparently. 

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #15395 on: September 9, 2020, 05:44:08 pm »
They have Just said on bbc news that this wouldn’t be ready till the spring Apparently. 

If we are at full capacity any time this season that is probably earlier than most people expect. Anyway, I think we may have some form of mass testing before spring, as I think Boris was saying that mass testing of the entire population won't be ready before Spring, but mass testing of people attending theatres and other entertainment venues (not large stadiums though) may happen earlier, as this is a much smaller scale. I guess after that the next step would be people attending sporting events and other events in stadiums, before mass testing is carried out on the whole population.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15396 on: September 9, 2020, 06:37:40 pm »
Pretty much everything the government has promised with a rough date has turned into a shambles or been delayed a fair amount. I'd take 'the spring' with a pinch of salt.

Regardless, it also relies on people voluntarily getting tested (unless the clubs start requiring some sort of health passport) and also avoiding crowds/pubs/whatever full of untested people. There are a lot of selfish bastards and conspiracy theorists in the world who frankly don't give two fucks and would conveniently side-step these requirements but happily turn up to the football unless it was enforced.

Ideal scenario would be mass-testing and contact tracing and those attending the football to be strongly advised to avoid big crowds / other households / the pub / the salon that says covid is a hoax. People will argue it's draconian but it's a public health crisis, your human rights are not being violated.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2020, 06:39:35 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #15397 on: September 10, 2020, 12:49:02 pm »
I had a look at the rules of engagement and there is no point going cus you won't be allowed to sing or shout... For me there is no point now... I'll just wait till I can
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 12:58:46 pm by didopich »

Online ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15398 on: September 10, 2020, 01:18:06 pm »
I had a look at the rules of engagement and there is no point going cus you won't be allowed to sing or shout... For me there is no point now... I'll just wait till I can

No singing, shouting or chanting..I can’t see that happening. You’re right though, might as well stay at home. Never get those who go the ground just to just watch, the players prefer vocal support and I like to oblige  ;D

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15399 on: September 10, 2020, 06:56:18 pm »

Everton fans will be ok they can still boo... ;)