Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1065292 times)

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #14880 on: January 15, 2021, 07:39:11 pm »
Put on the Union - Leverkusen game, see Awoniyi is playing so decide to look up his stats.  8th in the Bundesliga for xG per 90 is pretty good, will be interesting to see if he keeps this up all year.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #14881 on: January 15, 2021, 09:25:20 pm »
The people saying how the PL isn’t very strong I think don’t watch much non-PL games.  Leverkusen is probably favored still for top 4 and I think on current form would struggle for top half in the PL.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14882 on: January 15, 2021, 09:48:12 pm »
Union Berlin in a Champions League place.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14883 on: January 15, 2021, 09:55:36 pm »
Leverkusen are just on a bad run - it happens, we should know!   

They where scoring for fun up to just a few short weeks ago, knocking 3 and 4 goals past just about everyone, and where great to watch. Now they are stuck in a bit of a rut.

Hopefully they get back on track especially by the time Europa league starts again. 

Plus along with Leipzig and Dortmund, they’ll now be one of the favourites for the DFB Pokal, so they need to get their mojo back for that too - they have a favourable next game in it though vs Rot-Weiss Essen.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #14884 on: January 15, 2021, 11:20:04 pm »
Bad form or not they're seemingly dependent on a 17 year old to make their attack tick.  That's a great sign for their team in 3-4 years assuming Wirtz is still there then.  It's a bad sign for now as there's no way a 17 year old is able to play a consistent role at this level.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14885 on: January 16, 2021, 02:33:44 pm »
This guy Haaland. He’s off the scale. Sell everybody and everything we need to to get him.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14886 on: January 16, 2021, 02:34:21 pm »
This guy Haaland. He’s off the scale. Sell everybody and everything we need to to get him.
Offside, great finish though

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #14887 on: January 16, 2021, 02:35:13 pm »
I’m all aboard the Halaand hype train. The guy is a ridiculous finisher. Dortmund just had a goal disallowed but his finish for the move was as precise as you like.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14888 on: January 16, 2021, 02:36:08 pm »
quick start by Leipzig, Mukiele puts them in the lead at Wolfsburg, nice goal too.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14889 on: January 16, 2021, 02:54:11 pm »
That is a very classic Wout Weghorst goal, quality header. 1-1.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14890 on: January 16, 2021, 02:59:13 pm »
That is a very classic Wout Weghorst goal, quality header. 1-1.

He is an epitome of a target man. I am surprised that no Premier League club came after him, before he moved to Wolfsburg ...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14891 on: January 16, 2021, 03:03:14 pm »
He is an epitome of a target man. I am surprised that no Premier League club came after him, before he moved to Wolfsburg ...

he really is massively effective. Slow as a snail, but just the perfect target man for sure.  He’s been great for Wolfsburg.

And Wolfsburg now take the lead  ;D  Awful mess from Leipzig, Upamecano with a sloppy touch. Defelected finish from Steffen.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 03:06:32 pm by Dim Glas »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14892 on: January 16, 2021, 03:19:45 pm »
Upamecano has some tools but he can be awful erratic. Far from a polished defender.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14893 on: January 16, 2021, 03:24:14 pm »
Upamecano has some tools but he can be awful erratic. Far from a polished defender.

that’s what always concerns me about the links to him. Sure, you can see his quality, but he is always ripe for a mistake, and it’s something he needs to cut out. But yes, the counter argument is ‘he’s young’. Still, he’s already played about a 150 games for Leipzig and Salzburg, you’d hope he starts learning to better focus and to cut some mistakes out sooner rather than later!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14894 on: January 16, 2021, 03:25:29 pm »
That is why you should jump on the Konate train with me.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14895 on: January 16, 2021, 03:26:40 pm »
That is why you should jump on the Konate train with me.

sorry Samie, you are well late on that one, been singing his praises here on this very thread long before ya. I just don’t feel the need to remind people about it  ;)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14896 on: January 16, 2021, 03:46:10 pm »
And Wolfsburg return the favour by gifting Leipzig a goal. 2-2, entertaining one this, Wolfsburg where great first half, but Leipzig now right back in it and playing better.

Weghorst lost his head a bit this half, just took out Sabitzer with an immense hip-check, which would look good in hockey - but not in football!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 03:50:00 pm by Dim Glas »

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #14897 on: January 16, 2021, 04:33:07 pm »
The more I watch Leipzig the more I think Nagelsmann is either one of the best managers in the world getting a lot out of generally average talent or a total fraud that is holding them back from being better.  Probably neither is true but I’m not generally worried about playing them.  I said Upamecano is like Gomez the other day and now after watching more I’m fully behind this.

Dortmund dropped points?  Maybe the general knowledge that Rose was coming in meant it was untenable with Favre but it still seems dumb.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14898 on: January 16, 2021, 04:35:59 pm »
Why do Dortmund keep giving Marco Reus penalties - he has missed all three this season now, and 1 of the 2 he took last season - so thats now 4 out of 5 penalties missed; in the same 2 seasons, Haaland has scored all 5 he has taken for Salzburg and Dortmund; Sancho has taken both the ones he has taken for Dortmund. 

In the previous 3 seasons, Dortmund missed 6 penalties - Auba actually missed 4 of them, and Alcacer and Schurrle 1 apiece.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #14899 on: January 16, 2021, 04:44:53 pm »
So Dortmund drew against Mainz. Sadly I just can't see Terzic being successful long term option for them, so I wonder where they go next. If they have it in their power they should go for Hasenhuttl, he would definitely take them to the next level.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14900 on: January 16, 2021, 04:46:44 pm »
Think Marco Rose is nailed on for Dortmund no?

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #14901 on: January 16, 2021, 04:46:51 pm »
So Dortmund drew against Mainz. Sadly I just can't see Terzic being successful long term option for them, so I wonder where they go next. If they have it in their power they should go for Hasenhuttl, he would definitely take them to the next level.

They already have an agreement with Marco Rose for next season.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #14902 on: January 16, 2021, 04:51:07 pm »
They already have an agreement with Marco Rose for next season.
Think Marco Rose is nailed on for Dortmund no?
Just rumors right now no? If I had to pick between the two, I'd go with Hassenhuttl, but Rose is probably second in the list ;D

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #14903 on: January 16, 2021, 05:11:28 pm »
Hasenhüttl was offered a good contract by Leipzig but turned it down because he wanted to be a manager in England. I dan't know if that has changed but he would certainly be an improvement for a lot of PL teams, should he leave Southampton.
Dortmund is big though so, who knows?

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #14904 on: January 16, 2021, 05:16:43 pm »
Hasenhüttl was offered a good contract by Leipzig but turned it down because he wanted to be a manager in England. I dan't know if that has changed but he would certainly be an improvement for a lot of PL teams, should he leave Southampton.

I wonder if Chelsea would go down that route if things continue to deteriorate for lard arse.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14905 on: January 16, 2021, 05:35:37 pm »

I don’t seem to remember that being what happened, he actually had a bit of a flirt with Bayern - so he wasn’t set on another league, but thought it was too big a job.
He and Leipzig went back and fourth for a while, but it was Leipzig that pulled the plug when they got the word that Nagelsmann would like to go there, so they then didn’t have any reason to carry on discussing with Hasenhüttl. Which annoyed him, hence the early seperation.

But now he is in the prem, I don’t see him going back for a bit. Surely his next move would be stepping up in the prem. He’s who everton should have gone for. Maybe Spurs will go for him in a year or so.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14906 on: January 16, 2021, 05:37:36 pm »
Why do Dortmund keep giving Marco Reus penalties - he has missed all three this season now, and 1 of the 2 he took last season - so thats now 4 out of 5 penalties missed; in the same 2 seasons, Haaland has scored all 5 he has taken for Salzburg and Dortmund; Sancho has taken both the ones he has taken for Dortmund. 

In the previous 3 seasons, Dortmund missed 6 penalties - Auba actually missed 4 of them, and Alcacer and Schurrle 1 apiece.

Dortmund love a missed penalty. When they won the league in 2011 under Kloppo, they failed to score every penalty they got given :lmao

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #14907 on: January 16, 2021, 05:46:03 pm »
I would guess Roman would go for the more glamor signing of Tuchel but would actually fear more Hassenhuttl going there.  Let’s just hope Frank gets 4th and we don’t have to think of it.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #14908 on: January 16, 2021, 06:05:08 pm »
I don’t seem to remember that being what happened, he actually had a bit of a flirt with Bayern - so he wasn’t set on another league, but thought it was too big a job.
He and Leipzig went back and fourth for a while, but it was Leipzig that pulled the plug when they got the word that Nagelsmann would like to go there, so they then didn’t have any reason to carry on discussing with Hasenhüttl. Which annoyed him, hence the early seperation.

But now he is in the prem, I don’t see him going back for a bit. Surely his next move would be stepping up in the prem. He’s who everton should have gone for. Maybe Spurs will go for him in a year or so.
Well he was in discussion with Leipzig but maybe he was looking at other clubs too.
He was a little unsure about the Bayern job because he asked himself the question, “what do you need to do to get respect for the work you do at Bayern?” Winning the double, might not be enough as Niko Kovac can testify to. He didn’t close the Bayern book completely though, saying maybe if it’s the last stage of his personal trainer development it could work.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #14909 on: January 16, 2021, 09:23:27 pm »
Marco Rose is my choice to take over from Jurgen so there is a nice synchronicity with him going to Dortmund first  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14910 on: January 17, 2021, 04:00:07 pm »
Been watching the Bayern match - Freigburg very lucky to be level now, Sane has been so, so poor though again - easily their weakest link so far this season in the attack - Gnabry and Coman look much more integral to the way they play; obviously too soon to call, but safe to say his (so far) impact from signing hasn't really been as positive as they hoped).

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14911 on: January 17, 2021, 04:08:09 pm »
The problem with Sane was always going to be due to the severity of the knee injury, the first season at Bayern was likely to be a write-off. If he's still like this next season, then they might have issues going forward

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14912 on: January 17, 2021, 06:38:43 pm »
The problem with Sane was always going to be due to the severity of the knee injury, the first season at Bayern was likely to be a write-off. If he's still like this next season, then they might have issues going forward

At the moment, Coman is stepping up, and playing some brilliant stuff, but he has always been injury prone and has missed the odd game through little niggles.  When you have Muller and Lewa though, and your opponents with the best squad insist on employing some of the most middling managers, then at least domestically you don't have to worry

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14913 on: January 19, 2021, 05:53:45 pm »
Jiri Pavlenka having quite the start for Bremen in the early game today vs Gladbach, maybe a tad lucky to only get a yellow after flying miles out of his goal like a lunatic  ;D  He didn’t make much of a contact, so probably just about right a decision.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #14914 on: January 19, 2021, 05:56:05 pm »
Thought it was a red myself.  That was a dangerous play.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14915 on: January 19, 2021, 05:58:39 pm »
Thought it was a red myself.  That was a dangerous play.

I did at first look, not so sure 2nd look at a different camera angle. Will have to see it again!

And what a save that was from Sommer from a beautiful strike. Oscar Wendt celebrating the save like a goal  8)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14916 on: January 19, 2021, 06:08:04 pm »
Both goalies booked now, Sommer also having an adventure outside the penalty area  :P

Bremen despite the lack of possession are doing ok here, soaking the pressure, and have had 2 or 3 good chances.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14917 on: January 19, 2021, 07:45:47 pm »
Dortmund aren't very good.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14918 on: January 19, 2021, 07:46:12 pm »
what a pass from Leon Bailey  :o  Good finish from Diaby too, giving Leverkusen the lead. Very open game so far, about 10 shots in the first 15 mins.

Dortmund aren't very good.

If you catch the on a good day they can be - like vs Leipzig, they where great. But unfortunately, those good days aren’t often enough!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14919 on: January 19, 2021, 08:06:14 pm »
Moussa Diaby is giving Dortmund fits.  His strength and skill there, breezing past Delaney and holding off Hummels.