Author Topic: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches  (Read 347782 times)

Offline sherwos8

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches
« Reply #3200 on: April 13, 2011, 06:17:45 pm »
Isn't Larsson on free in the summer?

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3201 on: April 13, 2011, 06:18:46 pm »
Think getting Larsson as a squad player, on a free, would be great business
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #3202 on: April 13, 2011, 06:20:47 pm »
Twitter says: Talksport says: AC Milan to get enrique for 11m

done deal then if talksport say so

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3203 on: April 13, 2011, 06:21:08 pm »
done deal then if talksport say so

Good old talksport haha
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Studog

• Kopite
« Reply #3204 on: April 13, 2011, 06:21:23 pm »
Seb would be good on a free and I doubt he would want high wages. Could be useful in a long season.

As for Kjaer, I'm a big fan but on;y if Cahill wasn't available/going for a silly price. My only issue with him is that he's had a few injuries so far. We don't need Agger's twin playing for us! that's enough stress right there!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3205 on: April 13, 2011, 06:22:41 pm »
First things first, he wouldn't be competing with any of the players you named. And he's not maximising his career because he wouldn't be earning enough, he wouldn't develop a massive brand image playing in the Bundesliga, therefore he'd make less through sponsorship deals and image rights etc, he also wouldn't be competiting at the very top level and therefore he'll struggle to leave behind a legacy. No idea what the Owen comment is about..

He wouldn't be directly competing with those players, but I didn't say that. He'd be competing with Khedira, Alonso, Lass Diarra and sitting on the bench with the other players that Real have.

The idea that every player has to play for Real or Barca to maximize their career is incorrect in my eyes. It suits certain people and doesnt' suit others. My Michael Owen comment was because he did just - left for Madrid thinking he was too good for his own club and came back with his tail between his legs and his career rapidly diminishing.

Offline mr_grande

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3206 on: April 13, 2011, 06:24:58 pm »
Would be numerous arm sockets on display around villa if true  ;)
People look down upon cannibalism in form of biting hands off.
You want to bite the whole arm off? Good god man! Thats a whole level new level of evil only matched by one man. *gasps*
Hey Obama, I finally found Osama
ps. Seb Larsson is a good shout if you think about it, good wide player and light on the pocket.
Too many of you are more concerned with point scoring than what's best for the team

« Reply #3207 on: April 13, 2011, 06:28:59 pm »
All this talk of transfers made me think, realistically how many players will be leaving in the summer, some people have said 7 or 8, but in my opinion, including the guys currently on loan, it will be about 21, and these are the unlucky 21. Question is, if these 21 do go, will this be the biggest squad cull in our recent history?

* 1. Jones
    * 3. Konchesky
    * 10. J Cole
    * 14. Jovanovic
    * 16. Kyrgiakos
    * 17. Maxi
    * 24. Ngog
    * 28. Poulsen
    * 32. Darby
    * 36. Irwin
    * 37. Skrtel
    * 39. Eccleston
    * 46. Amoo
    * 48. Bruna
    * - Aquilani
    * - Chamberlain
    * - Degen
    * - El Zhar
    * - Insua
    * - Mavinga (possibly)
    * - Saric (possibly)
Can't see Skrtel leaving

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #3208 on: April 13, 2011, 06:31:24 pm »
Can't see Skrtel leaving

Nah nor me. Get the impression Kenny rates him, he definitely has spoke of him positively.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3209 on: April 13, 2011, 06:31:54 pm »
He wouldn't be directly competing with those players, but I didn't say that. He'd be competing with Khedira, Alonso, Lass Diarra and sitting on the bench with the other players that Real have.

The idea that every player has to play for Real or Barca to maximize their career is incorrect in my eyes. It suits certain people and doesnt' suit others. My Michael Owen comment was because he did just - left for Madrid thinking he was too good for his own club and came back with his tail between his legs and his career rapidly diminishing.

Then why mention them? The fact Kaka et al can't get into the team has nothing at all to do with Sahin. He's better than Diarra and Khedira, so he'd partner Alonso in most games.

I didn't say they have to play for either of them, but he will need to leave Dortmund if he's ambitious (sucess wise and money wise). Owen was harshly treated by Madrid tbf, he had the best goal to minute ratio of all their strikers I seem to remember.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3210 on: April 13, 2011, 06:34:59 pm »
Nah nor me. Get the impression Kenny rates him, he definitely has spoke of him positively.

I rate him too but if we get Cahill

Agger and Cahill will be first choice
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

« Reply #3211 on: April 13, 2011, 06:35:14 pm »
Remember Skrtel's first season he was great, I think he can get back to that level under Kenny and Clarke. More concerned about Agger, might be hard to imagine but there is a possibility if an offer came we'd consider it for the same reasons Rafa didn't give Aurelio a new contract.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3212 on: April 13, 2011, 06:36:17 pm »
Can't see Skrtel leaving

I can and if we really want to improve then we should be wanting a better CB then Skrtel now.

Cash in on him(6m) and buy better to replace him.

« Reply #3213 on: April 13, 2011, 06:38:12 pm »
I can and if we really want to improve then we should be wanting a better CB then Skrtel now.

I see where you are coming from but if we but a top defender and partner him with Skrtel we'll have a solid defence. If we depend on Agger we will end up with Carra or an inexperienced player starting most of the games in the season.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3214 on: April 13, 2011, 06:39:01 pm »

Kenny has spoken positively of Maxi, Cole, AA and Poulsen  - Think that's his management style but it doesn't mean he won't sell. He will sell if he can get better like most managers.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3215 on: April 13, 2011, 06:40:55 pm »
Kenny has spoken positively of Maxi, Cole, AA and Poulsen  - Think that's his management style but it doesn't mean he won't sell. He will sell if he can get better like most managers.

Kenny will sell Cole I reckon, I think Kenny knows Joe has come here for a bumper pay day
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3216 on: April 13, 2011, 06:43:25 pm »
I see where you are coming from but if we but a top defender and partner him with Skrtel we'll have a solid defence. If we depend on Agger we will end up with Carra or an inexperienced player starting most of the games in the season.

Carra and Skrtel should be fighting for 1 place - now selling Skrtel for 6m or so would enable us to buy a ball carrying CB  that could replace Agger or even play along side him - Wisdom could step up to be the other solid CB if needed. Kelly can also play CB.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3217 on: April 13, 2011, 06:46:38 pm »

Disagree.

Just say we get kjaer or cahill and agger as a cb partnership...if agger got injured then skrtel is decent back up

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3218 on: April 13, 2011, 06:49:17 pm »
And the allure of Fish & Chips and an English breakfast is gonna have him to Liverpool faster than you can blink an eye ;D

Deffo. I'd rather have fish and chips anyday. German sausage psh. He could always pop up to Scotland for a deep fried pizza and mars bar too!
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3219 on: April 13, 2011, 06:50:32 pm »
Disagree.

Just say we get kjaer or cahill and agger as a cb partnership...if agger got injured then skrtel is decent back up

This we will not sell or don't have to sell any 1st players has to stop.

I would be highly against buying another CB to put Skrtel on the bench as CB is one area we have lots of good quality youth players coming through hence the reason I would sell Skrtel and replace him with better. I wouldn't add to the CB spot.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #3220 on: April 13, 2011, 06:51:01 pm »
I rate him too but if we get Cahill

Agger and Cahill will be first choice

then after 2 weeks agger is injured for 3 months. And eventually cahill needs a rest game..

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3221 on: April 13, 2011, 06:54:40 pm »
This we will not sell or don't have to sell any 1st players has to stop.

I would be highly against buying another CB to put Skrtel on the bench as CB is one area we have lots of good quality youth players coming through hence the reason I would sell Skrtel and replace him with better. I wouldn't add to the CB spot.

Carra will be rotated due to age. Agger often injured. Kyrgiakos is out of contract this summer. Youth needs experience.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #3222 on: April 13, 2011, 06:56:08 pm »
He probably will improve with a run of games; no doubt, when he came, the intention was to play him regularly, but thanks to a bad piece of refereeing right at the start, some injuries, our gradual elimination from all but the league, that chance evaporated. It's a shame. He's a better player than he showed here. In the circumstances we were in, every single player had to hit the ground running and those that didn't will now be moved on. Hope we keep Maxi, though. Think he's a useful squad player and seems like an important piece of squad glue as well, judging from his friendships with Lucas, Suarez etc.

Add to that 200 Benson and Hedges and a season ticket for M c D o n a l d s and your laughing  ;)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:59:18 pm by OneThatIs »

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #3223 on: April 13, 2011, 06:57:09 pm »

I just remember when he got here he said we should be doing better because we have some great players and Skrtel was one of 6 or 7 he mentioned.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #3224 on: April 13, 2011, 06:58:09 pm »
All this talk of transfers made me think, realistically how many players will be leaving in the summer, some people have said 7 or 8, but in my opinion, including the guys currently on loan, it will be about 21, and these are the unlucky 21. Question is, if these 21 do go, will this be the biggest squad cull in our recent history?

* 1. Jones
    * 3. Konchesky
    * 10. J Cole
    * 14. Jovanovic
    * 16. Kyrgiakos
    * 17. Maxi
    * 24. Ngog
    * 28. Poulsen
    * 32. Darby
    * 36. Irwin
    * 37. Skrtel
    * 39. Eccleston
    * 46. Amoo
    * 48. Bruna
    * - Aquilani
    * - Chamberlain
    * - Degen
    * - El Zhar
    * - Insua
    * - Mavinga (possibly)
    * - Saric (possibly)

One or two aside, that's a whole load of average right there isn't it? And all taking home a maginificent wage at the club's expense. The Cecil legacy lives on.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3225 on: April 13, 2011, 06:58:26 pm »
Carra will be rotated due to age. Agger often injured. Kyrgiakos is out of contract this summer. Youth needs experience.

Your point being? The youth will get games?

They is no need to add to CB.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3226 on: April 13, 2011, 07:01:10 pm »
No Fordy, my point is, we need an extra cb because of the above. I have a feeling Kelly will remain Johnson's understudy, leaving Wilson and possibly Ayala (not convinced he'll remain, mind) as the youth players for the central roles. If we're ambitious Carra, Agger, Skrtel + one other and one or two younger cbs is what we'll need.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3227 on: April 13, 2011, 07:02:40 pm »
Skrtel is a frustrating case because he's never had a whole season of consistency, albeit his best was season was interrupted by a nasty injury rather than bad form. He was one of the worst performing players under Hodgson, a clueless wreck and complete confidence free zone getting bullied by everyone. He's been really really solid since Kenny and Steve Clarke took over, so I don't think he'll be on the way out, plus he's fit for every game, which is a huge asset and he's still young.

That said an upgrade on Agger (in terms of fitness) and Carragher in terms of football would both be desirable as Soto has never been up to the mark, while never being less than committed to the cause.

Carragher is still and excellent defender, but without someone else to give the ball too, he will frustrate us.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #3228 on: April 13, 2011, 07:04:30 pm »
No Fordy, my point is, we need an extra cb because of the above. I have a feeling Kelly will remain Johnson's understudy, leaving Wilson and possibly Ayala (not convinced he'll remain, mind) as the youth players for the central roles. If we're ambitious Carra, Agger, Skrtel + one other and one or two younger cbs is what we'll need.

If Wisdom goes on the pre-season tour he'll be putting Ayala on the flight to his next club for certain. Maybe a couple of others 'n' all.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline B_I_F

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #3229 on: April 13, 2011, 07:10:05 pm »
Just seen on the formation thread that Dalglish wants Kjaer. Original source was this Danish newspaper: Jyllands Posten. Anyone know if it's reliable?
Jyllands Posten is not a bad source, but I can't find the story on their website.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3230 on: April 13, 2011, 07:11:31 pm »

I am sorry but that makes very little sense (including the price).
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3231 on: April 13, 2011, 07:12:48 pm »
Were all talking about kenny signing a new cb (imo to partner agger when fit)

Will he drop carragher and is carragher willing to accept he'll have to play a role similar to hypia did towards the end of his lfc career?

I just imagine carragher getting a cob on

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3232 on: April 13, 2011, 07:14:29 pm »

Carra, Agger, Wilson, Kelly(his best position is CB), Wisdom + new CB should be enough - 6 CB's. We don't need to add there.

I haven't even counted Ayala - 7 CB's

We just need improvement on the current starters and Skrtel will give us the biggest resale value. I would sell and buy better.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:16:50 pm by Fordy »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3233 on: April 13, 2011, 07:15:22 pm »
I am sorry but that makes very little sense (including the price).

Does it. Why?

Offline Jfoz18

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3234 on: April 13, 2011, 07:18:17 pm »
Skrtel wont leave in the summer, and Kelly wont be used at CB just yet. We will need to look at another Centre Back obviously but i just cant see Skrtel leaving especially considering how solid he has been since christmas.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3235 on: April 13, 2011, 07:18:27 pm »

The easiest way to solve this is to keep Carra, Agger and Skrtel, then use Wilson and Ayala (and perhaps Kelly too) as backups for CB. It's still six options for two positions and that's more than enough. Allows us to get some new blood in (youngsters) while we focus our spendings for other areas of the team.

Fast forward a year. Next summer it's likely to be bye bye Carra, we'd know a lot about Wilson's and Ayala's qualities, the same is true for Agger's injuries. If Agger has another season when he can only play 50% of the games, we can't keep him. Then we use this information to replace those who are not up to it and we sign a new CB if we think it's necessary.

Personally, I'd want to be more aggressive and keep only two of Carra, Agger and Skrtel. I think Kyrgiakos' time is/should be up, simply because his role as 4th pick should go to Wilson/Ayala. And I want us to use our three promising younger CBs. Trust them. It's worked well when we've given the kids some trust.

If I was to bet, I'd bet on us keeping Agger, Skrtel and Carra for another season. This gives us plenty of options and we can sign players for other areas of the team this summer.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3236 on: April 13, 2011, 07:19:59 pm »
Carra, Agger, Wilson, Kelly(his best position is CB), Wisdom + new CB should be enough - 6 CB's. We don't need to add there.

I haven't even counted Ayala - 7 CB's

We just need improvement on the current starters and Skrtel will give us the biggest resale value. I would sell and buy better.

agree there mate. we need better starters at centreback. I
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Jfoz18

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3237 on: April 13, 2011, 07:23:39 pm »

If I was to bet, I'd bet on us keeping Agger, Skrtel and Carra for another season. This gives us plenty of options and we can sign players for other areas of the team this summer.

Exactly what i think, i think we will focus more on the midfield area.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3238 on: April 13, 2011, 07:28:21 pm »
Cahill, Agger, Skrtel and Carra as our centre back options would be great. Add to that Wilson and Kelly, we are pretty much sorted.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3239 on: April 13, 2011, 07:29:03 pm »
Exactly what i think, i think we will focus more on the midfield area.

It's the only way I can see us operate. We need a real quality LB and a real quality LM/RM, preferably a LM. Biggest challenge is to sharpen the squad through exits (around half a dozen need to go). CB is one area where we need to sell.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez