Author Topic: Prague  (Read 4946 times)

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Prague
« Reply #40 on: March 3, 2014, 09:52:50 pm »
Honestly mate, couldn't recommend it enough. It was boss. Minimum 2 people or a maximum of 6 can play at one time. You have the place to yourself for your hour. You book your slot on line and pay [cash only] at the end of your hour.

Well there will only be the 2 of us but I've looked it up and it seems like it's still ok for 2? Less likely to solve the whole thing but still good laugh?
What we achieve in life, echoes in eternity

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 4, 2014, 10:53:42 am »
It will be a little more difficult mate, but yep, 2 people is fine. Won't spoil it, but it would just mean that you'd need to be a bit more creative and use items of furniture to keep things pressed down etc. whereas we always had a free pair of hands because there were so many of us.

Theres always the phone - in each room there's a handset and if you get stuck you can just dial 4 and they'll give you a hint.

And yes, you'll still have a great laugh!

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 2, 2016, 10:45:31 am »
Just booked for a few days at the end of feb with the lads. Cant wait now.

Definitely going to The Pub and that U Sudu mentioned in this thread. Hoping we can find some off the track places and not end up stuck in the tourist spots.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 2, 2016, 11:03:37 am »
You'll love it. I had my stag do there in July. There's a great place for breakfast, can't remember the name now but I'll look it up and post back here later

EDIT: The place is called Restaurace U Graffu and is on a road called Namesti I.P Pavlova
« Last Edit: January 2, 2016, 11:28:06 am by sminp »
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 2, 2016, 11:50:23 am »
You'll love it. I had my stag do there in July. There's a great place for breakfast, can't remember the name now but I'll look it up and post back here later

EDIT: The place is called Restaurace U Graffu and is on a road called Namesti I.P Pavlova

Cheers mate will check that our for breakfast one morning.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline EFoley1991

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: January 5, 2016, 10:43:12 am »
Cheers mate will check that our for breakfast one morning.

I already mentioned it in here but i'd advise changing your money before you go or just use a bank machine. The stalls you will find over will advertise completely different rates outside of it then what they will inside. I couldn't believe it when i handed the woman 150 euro and got back roughly 75 euros worth of Czech currency back! tried to point out to the woman the rates on the wall and she just kept slapping some bullshit exchange rate at the counter :no.

Also be careful with the taxi drivers, we came out of some night club over and were heading back to our apartment to get more money to continue what was upto that point a great night and some fucker told us it would be roughly 10 to get back to our apartment then as we were approaching it he put his boot down and zoomed passed it and acted like he didn't understand us telling him to stop when he was already after speaking to us in perfect English before we jumped into the cab :no drove around in circles for a bit and charged us about 30 euros in Czech koruna and when we told him we wouldn't pay it he started to get very brave again talking in perfect English about how we don't mess with him or his boss!? We eventually just gave him what we had between us which to be honest wasn't much more then about 20 euro and he went on his way.

And finally if your planing on going sight seeing please for the love of god wear the most comfortable shoes you own! That cobblestone is a bastard to walk on after a while!!

I know it might seem like i may not have enjoyed myself but minus them 3 things i fucking loved the place and will definitely recommend it to anybody! Just keep an eye out for the things i mentioned and have fun!
« Last Edit: January 5, 2016, 10:45:10 am by EFoley1991 »

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #46 on: November 8, 2017, 12:50:29 pm »
Any updated recommendations? Cheers!

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 9, 2017, 05:41:59 pm »
Off to Prague for a long weekend in Feb so also looking for good food and drink recommendations please.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2017, 02:23:33 pm »
Off to Prague for a long weekend in Feb so also looking for good food and drink recommendations please.

You'll probably find food and drink is cheaper, if you are willing to walk a few streets away from the likes of the Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square. I'd recommend looking on Trip Advisor using their map function for restaurants that are just slightly off those areas for the best deals. Most places have menus in English online, so you should browse a few places in advance.

Bredovsky Dvur is a decent place near the train station that is located one street over from Wenceslas Square. According to their website a pint of Pilsner Urquell will cost 47 koruna there (approx. £1.64). It has a lot of the Czech staples like  Svíčková na smetaně (beef in cream sauce). U Schnellu is a decent restaurant at the base of a hotel of the same name. It's near Prague Castle. Decent spot for lunch. Just a FYI, most places will serve Pilsner Urquell or Staropramen as the beer choices. A lot of the food is beef and pork based and goulash is plentiful. One of the warnings I had before I went there was to avoid street food. But to be honest, the food and drink is so cheap in parts of the city, there's no point in eating from the street vendors, particularly on a cold February day.

Also be careful with scams re: taxi drivers. We never used one because we stayed near the train station and every thing is within less than 30 minutes walking distance from there. And if you take out money go to a legitimate bank with a cash machine/ATM that is indoors. It might be different in February, but the volume of tourists particularly in the Old Town Square can be grating.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:28:33 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2017, 09:02:08 pm »
You'll probably find food and drink is cheaper, if you are willing to walk a few streets away from the likes of the Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square. I'd recommend looking on Trip Advisor using their map function for restaurants that are just slightly off those areas for the best deals. Most places have menus in English online, so you should browse a few places in advance.

Bredovsky Dvur is a decent place near the train station that is located one street over from Wenceslas Square. According to their website a pint of Pilsner Urquell will cost 47 koruna there (approx. £1.64). It has a lot of the Czech staples like  Svíčková na smetaně (beef in cream sauce). U Schnellu is a decent restaurant at the base of a hotel of the same name. It's near Prague Castle. Decent spot for lunch. Just a FYI, most places will serve Pilsner Urquell or Staropramen as the beer choices. A lot of the food is beef and pork based and goulash is plentiful. One of the warnings I had before I went there was to avoid street food. But to be honest, the food and drink is so cheap in parts of the city, there's no point in eating from the street vendors, particularly on a cold February day.

Also be careful with scams re: taxi drivers. We never used one because we stayed near the train station and every thing is within less than 30 minutes walking distance from there. And if you take out money go to a legitimate bank with a cash machine/ATM that is indoors. It might be different in February, but the volume of tourists particularly in the Old Town Square can be grating.

Went to Prague last December for my 50th, place was absolutely rammed due to the Christmas markets, but I loved it. Four of us went, it was a surprise to me, I knew we were going away for a few days but not where. She really pushed the boat out, stayed at a Sheraton, chauffeur driven Merc to and from the airport. Did the ice pub near the Charles Bridge, that was a laugh. She even dragged me into a hooters. Found a nice little place just off the square in the old town, Cafe Domecek, had the 6 taster Czech beers, think it was about £4 http://www.cafedomecek.cz/index-eng.html
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA