Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2002270 times)

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #9280 on: April 27, 2019, 03:15:21 am »
We've been incredibly lucky with the front 3 this season. Had to happen at some point. Sucks it happened now.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #9281 on: April 27, 2019, 03:24:31 am »
If he's a doubt but not 100% ruled out for Wednesday then he'll probably be back for the Newcastle match. Worst case second leg. Hopefully we can take a decent result back to Anfield.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9282 on: April 27, 2019, 03:37:40 am »
I imagine he plays considering the magnitude of the game and given that hes got some time to recover.

If he does miss out it would be a major blow.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #9283 on: April 27, 2019, 08:58:47 am »
I imagine he plays considering the magnitude of the game and given that hes got some time to recover.

If he does miss out it would be a major blow.

Difficult to know. You don't risk him though as we have other options.

Could play a midfield of Fab, Gini and Henderson with Baby tucked in further up.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9284 on: April 27, 2019, 09:04:39 am »
Hearing of his injury just left a cloud over the full night. When “small tears” are mentioned that tends to sound like the understating of an injury and klopps way of putting a positive spin on it. I’d play origi on the left and mane central at the nou camp if hes out
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #9285 on: April 27, 2019, 09:09:02 am »
That quote at the top of the page is a bit misleading. In the actual interview Klopp came across as expecting that Bobby will be ready for Barca, it wasn't a doubtful comment at all.

Also, when he said "small tear" that may be lost in translation a bit as they would only know of a tear if he had a scan. Maybe he meant a small strain or something.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9286 on: April 27, 2019, 09:14:16 am »
It’s Bobby, he’ll be ready for Wednesday

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9287 on: April 27, 2019, 09:15:05 am »
Maybe change formation. Have Mane and Salah as a two up front and have a 4-man midfield

I think I’d do that too. Something like Fab, Henderson, Gini and Keita in midfield.

But it’s Bobby, hopefully he’ll be fit.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9288 on: April 27, 2019, 09:24:44 am »
I think Bobby will be on the bench at best.

There's a reason Sturridge played over Origi last night. Origi will start.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9289 on: April 27, 2019, 09:28:02 am »

My thoughts too
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #9290 on: April 27, 2019, 09:37:54 am »
My thoughts too

I'd be amazed if Origi starts against Barcelona after the Porto fiasco. Hopefully Bobby will be fit to play since he is peerless. But if he can't start I suspect Klopp will change his formation to accommodate an extra midfielder rather than risk fielding a player who can't press and who exposes us so much by constantly getting knocked off the ball.

Perhaps Keita in the false nine role?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #9291 on: April 27, 2019, 09:42:45 am »
Yep tweak the formation, no offence to Origi or Sturridge but I don't want them anywhere near our first 11 at Camp Nou. We need to be very smart with how we press them and also make the best of every opportunity we get.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #9292 on: April 27, 2019, 09:48:36 am »
Without Bobby diamond would be the best idea imo.

Get Mo and Sadio centrally on the last shoulder and with 4 CMs it would allow us to create a cage for Messi and have enough numbers in the central area to win the ball back and get it over the top for our two forwards.

We don't have anyone resembling Bobby in our squad and should consider something different to get the best out of that group.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9293 on: April 27, 2019, 09:49:02 am »
Klopp did say there was a chance that Bobby would start, I've heard him say before he recovers quickly from setbacks.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9294 on: April 27, 2019, 09:59:26 am »
If he is not fit would a diamond of Fab, Hendo, Gini and Naby on point be a runner?  Naby would be great at replacing the high press that Bobby does.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #9295 on: April 27, 2019, 10:03:40 am »
Yep tweak the formation, no offence to Origi or Sturridge but I don't want them anywhere near our first 11 at Camp Nou. We need to be very smart with how we press them and also make the best of every opportunity we get.

This. Origi and Sturridge cannot be involved in this game please.

Offline Kongegaard

• Predicted 1-3 win. Actually a 0-5 win. SHITE PROGNOSTICATOR!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #9296 on: April 27, 2019, 10:04:53 am »
If Bobby is out for the Barca game I would play Shaqiri in the right and Salah up front. It’s much more dynamic. And I don’t think Sturridge and Origi has done well lately.

Playing Shaqiri would probably mean Henderson in the right midfield, Fabinho in the defensive mid at Gini to the left

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #9297 on: April 27, 2019, 10:06:56 am »
That quote at the top of the page is a bit misleading. In the actual interview Klopp came across as expecting that Bobby will be ready for Barca, it wasn't a doubtful comment at all.

Totally agree. Positive comments for me indicating he'll be fine.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #9298 on: April 27, 2019, 10:11:32 am »
If Bobby is out for the Barca game I would play Shaqiri in the right and Salah up front. It’s much more dynamic. And I don’t think Sturridge and Origi has done well lately.

Playing Shaqiri would probably mean Henderson in the right midfield, Fabinho in the defensive mid at Gini to the left

The diamond midfield with Keita at the apex is more likely as others have said. Our best pressers in the side.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9299 on: April 27, 2019, 10:19:09 am »

Because Origi was awful against Porto?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #9300 on: April 27, 2019, 01:17:43 pm »
Because Origi was awful against Porto?

Just thinking how bad he was

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9301 on: April 27, 2019, 01:33:36 pm »
“It’s kind of a small tear, and we will see. It’s Bobby Firmino so I would say he’ll be ready for Barcelona (in the Champions League semi-final at Camp Nou on Wednesday).

It’s not 100%, it’s not too far away, but it’s Bobby Firmino and he’s a machine so we will see.

“We will take no risks, and it’s good we showed it can work without him.”

- Echo

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #9302 on: April 27, 2019, 03:34:15 pm »
Some arsehole behind us in the Kop last night announced with an all-knowing confidence that Bobby's injury would mean he won't play for the rest of the season.  Soon, people all around us were saying it like it was gospel and they were the only ones who knew it!  Then Jurgen tells us to ignore this and the so-called argument with Mo and we should believe about 3% of what we read on social media.  It's how the hated and the socially inadequate spread filth.  There's no end of former Liverpool players who were druggies or paedophiles and the more successful we were, the more of them we had.  Of course, in them days, it was all pub talk and then text messages came along but one thing you could be absolutely certain of; they were all started by Evertonians.  I'll bet a fair proportion of them now come from an M postcode or the home counties.   
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9303 on: April 27, 2019, 05:33:04 pm »
Let's hope it's nothing serious. Sturridge looks like a pub player all of a sudden and I can't see him anywhere near the starting 11 against Barcelona. We have been very lucky with the front 3's fitness and its the area we most need reinforcing in the Summer.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #9304 on: April 27, 2019, 06:07:07 pm »
Shouldn’t have loaned Clyne out.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9305 on: April 27, 2019, 06:09:55 pm »

Klopp should have made peace with Buvač.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9306 on: April 27, 2019, 06:13:05 pm »
Can Ibe play midweek or is he cup tied?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9307 on: April 27, 2019, 06:14:46 pm »
Klopp should have made peace with Buvač.

Signing Diouf over Anelka is where it all went wrong

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9308 on: April 27, 2019, 06:55:13 pm »

THis wouldn't make sense to me, surely you would play Origi to get him goals and confidence vs Huddersfield.

Or are you suggesting we protect Origi from the threat of injury/ or to keep him fresh for Barca but it's somehow not necessary to do either for mane/salah

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9309 on: April 27, 2019, 07:22:58 pm »
The shape we finished with last night -- with Shaqiri on the right and Salah in the middle, seemed to work well. Not sure if Klopp would trust it away to Barca, but it's an option.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #9310 on: April 27, 2019, 07:46:59 pm »
The shape we finished with last night -- with Shaqiri on the right and Salah in the middle, seemed to work well. Not sure if Klopp would trust it away to Barca, but it's an option.

Not sure Shaqiri works hard enough myself.

Could you play Trent wide right and Gomez RB?

Ot play Baby further forward in a midfield four.

No way Origi or Sturridge start. Not intelligent or hard working enough.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 07:49:32 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9311 on: April 27, 2019, 07:49:09 pm »
Firmino played the last 2 months of the 16/17 with an injury. Wasn't even training between games in the final weeks. Can't see how a small tear will keep him out of a Champions League semi final vs Barcelona. He may look and play flash but he's a tough guy and will take the risk as long as he can move ok.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #9312 on: April 27, 2019, 07:55:54 pm »
Firmino played the last 2 months of the 16/17 with an injury. Wasn't even training between games in the final weeks. Can't see how a small tear will keep him out of a Champions League semi final vs Barcelona. He may look and play flash but he's a tough guy and will take the risk as long as he can move ok.

No way we risk him if he’s not ok.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9313 on: April 27, 2019, 07:58:26 pm »
If he is not playing than for me Naby has to start. We need to have someone ready to disposess Barcelona and start attacks high up the pitch. Saying that, I fully expect Bobby to start.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #9314 on: April 27, 2019, 08:09:19 pm »
No way he doesn't play in my opinion. If it's touch and go, he starts.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #9315 on: April 27, 2019, 09:11:25 pm »
Not sure Shaqiri works hard enough myself.

I think that's fair criticism/concern, but he was running his balls off against Huddersfield when he came on.

Not sure he would sustain that commitment work/rate, but he was pressing and closing down all over the shop...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9316 on: April 27, 2019, 09:14:31 pm »
Difficult to know. You don't risk him though as we have other options.

Could play a midfield of Fab, Gini and Henderson with Baby tucked in further up.

Is he a weird 'Cronenberg's The Fly' type of Naby & Bobby hybrid? I'd love to see him.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9317 on: April 27, 2019, 09:20:02 pm »
No way he doesn't play in my opinion. If it's touch and go, he starts.

No, he doesn't. We have players like Shaqiri (if we go attacking) or Naby (if we're a bit more tactical) to play (even if we don't trust Sturridge or Origi) & if there is a chance that Bobby will be back for the crucial 2nd leg, why should we risk him here if it's touch and go? Makes no sense to me. We can manage 1 leg & 1 more league game without him.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9318 on: April 27, 2019, 09:33:49 pm »
Id honestly wouldnt play Shaqiri and go with Keita instead for the pressing and defensive tasks.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9319 on: April 27, 2019, 09:58:10 pm »
Id honestly wouldnt play Shaqiri and go with Keita instead for the pressing and defensive tasks.

Yes, but if we have Fabinho, Henderson & Gini as our midfield, do we really need more players to do complete defensive tasks? Yes, Shaqiri might have to drop back every now & then and do his share of work, but he'll have Henderson & Trent to help him out on his side. I'd put Shaqiri right and Salah central & play the same way we have been of late & it's not as bad an option as it sounds, if you see what I mean.

The only thing that makes it against this happening is how less Shaqiri has played in the 2nd half of this season, otherwise he looked bright when he came on with Ox yesterday.

The thing that goes against Keita playing (not in midfield instead of one of the three, which would be justified considering his good form, but as the 4th midfielder) would be that, then we'd have too many midfielders doing too many similar things on the pitch. Would that mean enough threat in attack in a game where we need away goals?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 10:01:58 pm by PoetryInMotion »