Author Topic: Red Bull Salzburg vs Liverpool, Tuesday 10th December 2019, 17:55, EM-Stadion  (Read 24569 times)

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Red Bull Salzburg vs Liverpool, Tuesday 10th December 2019, 17:55, EM-Stadion
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2019, 07:42:21 am »
It'll be a test but it's not like Salzburg are Pep's Barca we should be winning this.

We're simply better and there isn't going to be any complacency on the night.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: Red Bull Salzburg vs Liverpool, Tuesday 10th December 2019, 17:55, EM-Stadion
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2019, 08:02:41 am »
If we lose 4-3, we'll have the same head to head and would go out on GD.

If it was 5-4 to them, we'd go through on head to head away goals.
So, score 4 and they have to score 6. I wonder what the game plan will be!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2019, 08:11:26 am »
We need to win or draw, it’s that simple. The way some people are going on you’d think we need to win the game 20-0.

No need to be nervous about this one. Just enjoy the game.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
Top OP Hazell, thank you. Well in the mood, now. I think this is going to be another fun day but we'll be better prepared and more professional this time, I think.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2019, 09:09:48 am »
we were cruising at 3-0 before letting them back in at Anfield. I doubt we'd make any kind of mistake like that again but our quality and experience should show.

looking forward to this now
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2019, 09:11:43 am »
Excellent OP.

Well we don’t do things easy when it comes to qualifying through groups in the CL so we shouldn’t really be too surprised to find ourselves here. If we play like we have in our last two games we’ll be fine but equally I’d expect a stiffer test from Salzburg than Everton/Bournemouth.

Be interesting to see whether the rotation from the last two games continues, I suspect not but I would like to see either Ox or Naby in the middle alongside Gini and Henderson.

May be some nervy moments but we’re more than good enough to get a result. Come on Red Men
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2019, 09:24:34 am »
Excellent OP.

Well we don’t do things easy when it comes to qualifying through groups in the CL so we shouldn’t really be too surprised to find ourselves here. If we play like we have in our last two games we’ll be fine but equally I’d expect a stiffer test from Salzburg than Everton/Bournemouth.

Be interesting to see whether the rotation from the last two games continues, I suspect not but I would like to see either Ox or Naby in the middle alongside Gini and Henderson.

May be some nervy moments but we’re more than good enough to get a result. Come on Red Men

I think Klopp plays what he feels is his strongest team. The only question marks are who partners VVD and who partners Henderson and Gini.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2019, 09:31:39 am »
I think Klopp plays what he feels is his strongest team. The only question marks are who partners VVD and who partners Henderson and Gini.

Lovern should partner VVD

In midfield it just depends on if we want to go for it our make sure we are solid in midfield then go for it. I would start Milner.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2019, 09:56:17 am »
We need to win or draw, it’s that simple. The way some people are going on you’d think we need to win the game 20-0.

No need to be nervous about this one. Just enjoy the game.

Personally,  I feel worried because whilst our form and quality means we should win the game (as opposed to just getting a point), there is a chance that something could go against us like it did away to Napoli and Salzberg have nothing to lose.

In contrast, we have everything to lose. I would be actually be more confident if we were playing a bigger opponent, or it was a bigger match (say a 2nd round tie).

I hope that, just like against Spartak which was similar,  we ease those tensions early on.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2019, 10:15:57 am »
Think of it as a round of 32 tie. We won the home game 4-3, and now we need a draw or better to progress. We won away at Bayern last year with 0-0 going into the game, we won at home against Barcelona of course, having been 3-0 down. This is surely more similar to playing Porto than Bayern or Barcelona? We had a 2 goal advantage then, which of course makes a difference, but are Salzburg really as good as some make out?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2019, 10:18:21 am »
we will keep a clean sheet
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2019, 10:38:47 am »
We switched off at 3-0 up in the home leg and nearly got punished.  Play to our strengths for 90 minutes and we win.  Anything less and we could struggle particularly if they score first.   
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 10:58:17 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Online Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2019, 10:42:45 am »
Hate being negative but I had a nightmare that this game was going to be repeat of our collapse against Leverkusen.

Nervous.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2019, 10:54:16 am »
Hopefully do what we did at Bayern and just show them what time it is. Mane will not allow us to lose this game.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2019, 10:57:51 am »
Hate being negative but I had a nightmare that this game was going to be repeat of our collapse against Leverkusen.

Nervous.

Nah.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2019, 11:19:03 am »
Just got the horror that was red star Belgrade in my mind.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2019, 11:19:18 am »
Main reason people are nervous is that it matters so much to Salzburg. If they were out already it wouldn’t be much of an issue but they know if they win they go through so it’s a huge game for them. Napoli on the other hand have their easiest game of the group. Still think we’ll beat them but won’t be happy if it’s a draw going into the last ten minutes.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2019, 11:30:56 am »
In contrast, we have everything to lose.
I think that helps us, to an extent. This team has gone from learning to cope with pressure, to dealing with it, to actively thriving on it. When was the last time we failed to do the job in a seriously high-pressure match? We've absolutely done the lot, and our performance levels in such situations *should* be too much for Salzburg to handle.

Also a win and we top the group, which would probably be very handy.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2019, 11:38:20 am »

Good to see JK was feisty in his presser.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2019, 11:48:23 am »
My Guess:

--------------------------Alisson------------------------------
A-Arnold---------Lovren---------Van Djik---------Robertson
------------------------Henderson----------------------------
---------------Keita---------------Wijnaldum-----------------
-------Salah------------------------------------Mane---------
-------------------------Firmino------------------------------
Subs
63' - Oxlade for Keita
75' - Origi for Bobby
85' - Gomez for Firmno (up 2-0)
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2019, 11:51:06 am »
My Guess:

Subs
63' - Oxlade for Keita
75' - Origi for Bobby

Bobby Firmino so good he can be subbed off twice.

I hope this is the team, want to see more of Keita and Salah together.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2019, 11:52:21 am »

We all want a team of Bobby Firminos  :scarf :scarf :scarf
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Online storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2019, 11:58:23 am »
Suffice to say, I am more nervous about this game than I was about the derby.  :P

They were very, very good in spells at Anfield. I am thankful we “only” have to face Watford at the weekend.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2019, 11:59:14 am »

I hope this is the team, want to see more of Keita and Salah together.

Would be harsh on Ox, especially seeing as he is in goal scoring form. But I think Klopp may give Keita the nod with his experience of playing in the stadium.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2019, 11:59:57 am »
We all want a team of Bobby Firminos  :scarf :scarf :scarf
Stringing together 20 nolook passes.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2019, 12:00:25 pm »
My Guess:

Subs
63' - Oxlade for Keita
75' - Origi for Bobby

Think that'll be the team myself, minus the subs.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2019, 12:01:04 pm »
Are Salzburg likely to single out and boo ex players? Shouldn't bother our lot but might balance out knowing the ground.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2019, 12:01:17 pm »
Don't understand any nerves or worry about this given our results over the last 2 seasons. This team thrives on pressure and can get results when needed.

We've come back from far worse positions, with a far worse squad, against far better opposition. We'll be fine.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2019, 12:14:45 pm »
Don't understand any nerves or worry about this given our results over the last 2 seasons. This team thrives on pressure and can get results when needed.

We've come back from far worse positions, with a far worse squad, against far better opposition. We'll be fine.
Pretty much exactly the way I see it mate

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2019, 12:19:41 pm »
They will apply pressure but we will win. Will possibly be a bit hairy for a while but we will pull away I reckon. A team that has to attack a klopp team is equivalent to a red rag to a bull

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2019, 12:23:30 pm »
Fuck these fizzy pop rats the kings of Europe are in town. Need a professional, grown up, mentality giants performance and we should be dusted by half time. Don't give them a sniff.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2019, 12:24:53 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised to see Milly start
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2019, 12:27:35 pm »
They will apply pressure but we will win. Will possibly be a bit hairy for a while but we will pull away I reckon. A team that has to attack a klopp team is equivalent to a red rag to a bull

See what you did there!

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2019, 12:29:29 pm »
See what you did there!

completely accidental  ;D

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2019, 12:32:45 pm »
I think that helps us, to an extent.
It's perverse, and I'm not usually a bedwetter. I'm 95% confident that we get the job done but for some reason the 5% is what I'm thinking of.

I'm glad the players don't have the same nerves as I have! They are now getting used to being hunted rather than being the hunter.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2019, 12:37:27 pm »
Angry Klopp is one of my favorite Klopps
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2019, 12:38:53 pm »
Angry Klopp is one of my favorite Klopps

I like angry Gini. When he was dropped for Barca he came on the pitch like a bull in China shop.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Why the photos of the Griffeys?

Back to Back Jacks Baseball meme - since Hazell wrote the last two.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2019, 12:47:18 pm »
We'll have to outscore them, there's no way I see us keeping a clean sheet against these.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Online nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2019, 12:49:20 pm »
I think that helps us, to an extent. This team has gone from learning to cope with pressure, to dealing with it, to actively thriving on it. When was the last time we failed to do the job in a seriously high-pressure match? We've absolutely done the lot, and our performance levels in such situations *should* be too much for Salzburg to handle.

Also a win and we top the group, which would probably be very handy.

Have we not become that team (like the late 70's /80''s) where we knew what was required and efficiently did the business on the pitch. We are truly becoming a machine finding answers / solutions at anything and everything thrown at us. This team has arrived. when refereeing  / VAR decisions go against us, we still get the job done. I think the one area where we can improve on as a team-  keeping possession for lengthy spells.