Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3895626 times)

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Re: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United
« Reply #44480 on: May 23, 2016, 12:32:28 pm »
Is the one who looks like Bradley Cooper gone too?

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44481 on: May 23, 2016, 12:32:32 pm »
This appointment seems ill-fated to me. Obviously, I'm bound to say that because I hope it fails. But Man Utd fans have an expectation of a certain style of adventurous play, as well as a pride in bringing young players up through the ranks. Both of which are fairly good aspirations. If Mourinho comes straight in and wins things, fine, maybe they'll put up with him fielding a team of veterans in a reactionary setup. But there's a mismatch between the philosophies of the club and the manager that I just can't see ending well.

Except for the philosophy of being massive twats. There, Mourinho and Man Utd are in alignment.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #44482 on: May 23, 2016, 12:33:56 pm »
Well in, Syed.  United fans know all this, I'm disappointed there's barely a peep from them.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #44483 on: May 23, 2016, 12:47:03 pm »
Well in, Syed.  United fans know all this, I'm disappointed there's barely a peep from them.

I'm mates with a couple and they've kept their powder dry. I wonder what they're thinking now it's a reality bit I'm waiting for them to speak first otherwise I'll just launch into a tirade!

Offline Loco74

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • "He's trying to get right away from football"
« Reply #44484 on: May 23, 2016, 12:49:10 pm »
To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if Mourinho (the classless twat that he is) got the heebie jeebies watching Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal win the FA cup thinking that there maybe a change of heart and that's why it came out so soon.

Any alleged payment as a retainer (£4 million?) could have been offset by United in lieu of not paying Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal severance pay.

He really is an odious and despicable individual; i don't buy the "away from football he's a great guy, self deprecating, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah" narrative.

The way this has been played should shame United, somehow their panic in missing out on champions league has led to them bowing at the feet of the narcissistic one.
“I went to the worst of bars hoping to get killed but all I could do was to get drunk again.”

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #44485 on: May 23, 2016, 12:51:26 pm »
I'm mates with a couple and they've kept their powder dry. I wonder what they're thinking now it's a reality bit I'm waiting for them to speak first otherwise I'll just launch into a tirade!

The United fans I know are split, some are disgusted & the others are delighted. I guess it depends if you hold Titles higher than the reputation and values of your club. If he gets them the league next season they'll all be on board so I hope it blow up in their face like it usually does when Mourinho is involved.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Re: Louis Van Gaal is still the Manager of Masochism United
« Reply #44486 on: May 23, 2016, 12:58:54 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b9AG-ubDWw8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b9AG-ubDWw8</a>
Boos that
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44487 on: May 23, 2016, 12:59:38 pm »
Moyes made 1058 pages. Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal made 1116. All good things must come to an end. Like a phoenix, they are reborn from the ashes
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44488 on: May 23, 2016, 01:00:54 pm »
What a joke Man U have become after Ferguson.
Moyes, van Gaal and now the biggest cancer football has ever seen.
Of course I never liked United, but I used to at least have some respect for some of the players they had and what they achieved.
That is all gone.
They are like Chelsea to me now.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44489 on: May 23, 2016, 01:00:56 pm »
I presume all the Mancs who told us how terribly we'd treated Hodgson are being pretty quiet at the moment....

Remember: they're not a sacking club.

When they say that, they mean "We didn't sack Fergie 'cuz we won stuff hur hurr". 3 managers in 4 years  ::)
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #44490 on: May 23, 2016, 01:08:33 pm »
Can we close this :(

Feels disrespectful to the great man to keep it going.

Long live Shitcoat.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #44491 on: May 23, 2016, 01:08:56 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36356584

Louis van Gaal: Manchester United sack manager

Louis van Gaal has been sacked as manager of Manchester United, with former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho set to be named as his replacement.

Van Gaal, 64, leaves after two years of a three-year contract and is currently discussing severance terms.

The former Netherlands boss is believed to earn around £6.4m a year.

Mourinho's appointment is expected to be confirmed after the 53-year-old Portuguese meets with senior United officials on Tuesday.

It is not yet certain what future Ryan Giggs, Van Gaal's assistant, has at Old Trafford or what will happen to the rest of the coaching team.

BBC Sport reported on Saturday that United's FA Cup win over Crystal Palace would be Van Gaal's last game in charge.

He took control of United after leading the Netherlands to the semi-finals of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

The Old Trafford club finished fourth in the Premier League in his first season in charge to qualify for the Champions League.

But they finished fifth this term and will play in the Europa League next season.

They only scored 49 league goals, too, their lowest total since 1989-90.

Saturday's FA Cup success at Wembley gave United a first trophy since Mr. Ferguson delivered the Premier League title in 2013 in his last season before retirement, but it was not enough to stop Van Gaal from losing his job.

Mourinho was sacked by Chelsea last December, just seven months after leading the London club to the Premier League title.

Analysis

BBC Sports editor Dan Roan:

"In April 2014, United's mishandling of the sacking of Moyes was heavily criticised, the coach humiliated when learning of his demise through the media.

"The club's hierachy accepted it was wrong that news had leaked out before the manager had been informed. But two years on, it has happened again.

"Van Gaal was apparently informed of his impending departure by his wife when - still at Wembley following the club's FA Cup Final win - she read the news on the BBC website on Saturday evening.

"United hold the Dutchman in high regard and had desperately tried to maintain secrecy during their negotiations with Mourinho, hoping Van Gaal would lead his team to a top-four spot in the Premier League.

"Even after that target was missed, the club wanted him to be able to enjoy his FA Cup win, never once briefing against their coach or adding to the speculation. But it was always naive to think that news of their plans would remain secret.

"Once the news broke on Saturday, it was hard to fathom why they waited to put Van Gaal out of his misery. Once again serious questions will be asked about the way the Glazer regime runs the club - and the way it communicates."

How do the stats shape up?
◾Manchester United scored 49 Premier League goals this season - one more than Blackburn scored when they were relegated in 2012
◾For the second consecutive season, United ended up with a negative goal difference away from home
◾Went 11 home games without scoring a first-half goal earlier this season
◾They conceded the joint fewest goals in the league - 35 - along with Tottenham
◾The team made 3,222 backwards passes - the most in the league
◾Van Gaal used 33 players over the season - the second highest number after Liverpool (34)
◾Man Utd topped the clean sheet record table alongside Arsenal with 18

What is his legacy?

Van Gaal arrived at Old Trafford with his reputation enhanced after steering the Netherlands to the 2014 World Cup semi-finals.

The experience he gained while managing Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich also suggested he had the necessary clout and ego to succeed at United, in contrast to predecessor Moyes, who had been in charge at Preston and Everton before taking over when Ferguson retired.

After a solid first season, Van Gaal was expected to turn United into title contenders, especially after taking the club's outlay on players to more than £250m since the summer of 2014.

His record in the transfer market has been hit and miss. Angel di Maria - a British record signing at £59.7m - faded after a fast start and was sold, while Radamel Falcao delivered little after his loan move from Monaco.

The summer of 2015 has hardly proved a success either, with Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin, who reportedly cost United a combined total of around £40m, failing to add dynamism to midfield.

This campaign has also been undermined by injuries, with Luke Shaw, Antonio Valencia, Marcus Rojo, Schweinsteiger, Wayne Rooney, Michael Carrick, Phil Jones and Ashley Young all missing significant parts of the season.

What did his critics say?

A number of significant former United players have taken issue with the style of play under Van Gaal, claiming his tactics are negative and players are afraid to express themselves.

"Manchester United are going backwards again and I don't see that changing because the manager will not change [his tactics]," said Rio Ferdinand, the England defender signed for a then British record £30m in 2002.

Steve Coppell, who starred for United in the 1970s and 80s, said it was hard to understand Van Gaal's philosophy, claiming "players sometimes do not really understand what he's trying to get through to them".

Former midfielder Paul Scholes - a member of the club's legendary 'Class of '92' - was one of the Dutchman's harshest critics.

"It seems he doesn't want players to beat men and score goals," he said. "It's not a team I would have enjoyed playing in. "There's no spirit, there's nobody having a go at each other, there's no smiling, there's no entertainment."

Goodbye sweet prince, you were dead funny though :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44492 on: May 23, 2016, 01:09:31 pm »
Part of me is delighted at the thought of how we're all going to laugh like giddy children when this eventually, inevitably, blows up in their face. The other part of me is already gritting my teeth thinking about how annoyed I'm going to be when this idiot does something utterly despicable again, and again, and again.

I wish he had fucked off to Turkey or Israel or China so we wouldn't have to read about him. Instead he'll be front page news every fucking week for the next three years as the lazy journos salivate over the soap opera.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline cg82

• Top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top top poster
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Louis Van Gaal is on his way out of Mourinho United
« Reply #44493 on: May 23, 2016, 01:09:51 pm »
Word is that Giggseh's gone, which is no surprise really. Mourinho may be a twat, but he's not daft, he won't want him hanging around to stick the knife knob in.

Fixed that typo for you.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44494 on: May 23, 2016, 01:10:11 pm »
what will be the thread title once shitcoat is announced?

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44495 on: May 23, 2016, 01:12:15 pm »
Hope the hate between shitcoat and arl whiskey nose causes their fucking heads to explode... The way they act is outrageous
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44496 on: May 23, 2016, 01:13:48 pm »
Bobby Charlton promised the utd fans Utd would never finish below city ever again. Still waiting Bobby.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #44497 on: May 23, 2016, 01:18:57 pm »
We're done here - the comedy continues in the Jose at United thread.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.