Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1221401 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #4400 on: November 13, 2015, 03:37:39 pm »
I take it Bron/Broen is worth watching lads?

Just ready the synopsis on Wiki and it looks interesting.

Might start on season 1 once I get the thumbs up on here.

is it gritty?

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4401 on: November 13, 2015, 04:03:36 pm »
I take it Bron/Broen is worth watching lads?

Just ready the synopsis on Wiki and it looks interesting.

Might start on season 1 once I get the thumbs up on here.

is it gritty?
It's fuckin brilliant. That good enough for you. ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4402 on: November 13, 2015, 04:05:44 pm »
Oh Dave, you know how to plan my free time, now I've got the net back it's going to take me all weekend of staying up til silly o clock to catch up...;D

Managed to shake the pedal loose on my bike yesterday and lose the nut that keeps it on, somewhere in the darkness of princes park...had to walk the fucker home, in the pissing rain. So I'm staying in all weekend now to catch up on my telly...get it fixed on Monday.
;D

How old is yer scoot,Sam?

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4403 on: November 13, 2015, 04:09:06 pm »
It's fuckin brilliant. That good enough for you. ;D

It certainly is :)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4404 on: November 13, 2015, 04:34:41 pm »
It certainly is :)
;D

It really is very good tv. It has a really interesting character in Saga Noren, played by Sofia Hein...she was also in Tusenbroder and the Arn The Knight Templar films. In this though she is excelent. Her partner in this is Kim Bonia...you wil know him from the Winding Refn films, Pusher and Bleeder...he was also in the hilariously funny, In China They Eat Dogs amongst others.

Everything that is good about Scandi tv is here in this. But the dynamic between the two leads is the stand out for me...that's not to say the support are anything other than very good...but together Heflin and Bodnia really are quite a pair to watch onscreen.

The storyline is intelligent and doesn't stretch credibility either....even the music is great..and I don't dig new age music. ;D

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #4405 on: November 13, 2015, 04:34:55 pm »
Have two episodes of Last Panthers downloaded... but no English subs to be found. grrrr.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4406 on: November 13, 2015, 04:41:28 pm »
Have two episodes of Last Panthers downloaded... but no English subs to be found. grrrr.
You've dled the Canal Plus episodes, yeah?

The Sky Atlantic episodes should be around soon.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4407 on: November 13, 2015, 04:52:09 pm »
The pilot of The Last Panthers was quite good I thought although i think it will improve as we get to know the characters better.

I'm gonna watch one a week on Sky Atlantic I think. I like it that way sometimes.  I loved watching Gomorrah via the one-a-week method.  Incidentally, Last Panthers had that Gomorrah and Naples vibe about it in regards to the less than exotic locations used around Marseille and Zagreb.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #4408 on: November 13, 2015, 05:00:07 pm »
You've dled the Canal Plus episodes, yeah?

The Sky Atlantic episodes should be around soon.

These were recently posted on one of the warez forums.

The.Last.Panthers.S01E01.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-LoV
The.Last.Panthers.S01E02.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-LoV

Watched the opening heist scene. Very cinematic, looks stunning. Sundance aren't showing it in the states until next year hence the disinterest from 'the scene'.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 05:03:13 pm by BER »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4409 on: November 13, 2015, 05:08:45 pm »

Watched the opening heist scene. Very cinematic, looks stunning. Sundance aren't showing it in the states until next year hence the disinterest from 'the scene'.
There's an uploader on KAT who does all the fl up's from UK tv...hopefully he'll sort them out.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4410 on: November 13, 2015, 11:11:45 pm »
Didn't get to watch The Last Panthers last night or tonight. Hopefully there is a torrent or a stream out soon.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4411 on: November 14, 2015, 02:41:25 pm »
;D

It really is very good tv. It has a really interesting character in Saga Noren, played by Sofia Hein...she was also in Tusenbroder and the Arn The Knight Templar films. In this though she is excelent. Her partner in this is Kim Bonia...you wil know him from the Winding Refn films, Pusher and Bleeder...he was also in the hilariously funny, In China They Eat Dogs amongst others.

Everything that is good about Scandi tv is here in this. But the dynamic between the two leads is the stand out for me...that's not to say the support are anything other than very good...but together Heflin and Bodnia really are quite a pair to watch onscreen.

The storyline is intelligent and doesn't stretch credibility either....even the music is great..and I don't dig new age music. ;D

Thanks Dave. Downloaded S01 E01 last night and watched it tucked up in bed on me Ipad. I was really impressed.

I can already seeing a great little relationship developing between Saga Norén and Martin Rohde, both instantly likable and interesting characters.  I suspect there is going to be lots of great moments between these two.  Saga Norén is most definitely a bit mad and I like her already (not to mention she is quite stunning which is a bonus :))

The scene at the end with the smarmy journo in his 4WD and the 'bomb' was nerve shredding TV at its best and expertly done.

Just acquiring the rest of the season as I type.

Got 5 different TV series on the go at the moment and loving them all. The Knick (S02), The Bastard Executioner, The Last Panthers, Spotless and now Broen (S01).  Not watched a film in bloody ages thanks to you Dave!!! :)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4412 on: November 15, 2015, 08:18:02 am »
The pilot of The Last Panthers was quite good I thought although i think it will improve as we get to know the characters better.

I'm gonna watch one a week on Sky Atlantic I think. I like it that way sometimes.  I loved watching Gomorrah via the one-a-week method.  Incidentally, Last Panthers had that Gomorrah and Naples vibe about it in regards to the less than exotic locations used around Marseille and Zagreb.
Ta la.

How much Serbian was spoken? There's a full season up on IPT...I'm tempted. ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4413 on: November 15, 2015, 08:18:26 am »
Up on IPT.

The Last Panthers S01 720p BRRip x264 AAC-LoV

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4414 on: November 15, 2015, 08:21:34 am »
So I need to apologise here...sorry....it only took me 6 months to post abar it.....luckily me mate asked for it yesterday or..... ;D

I watched this series earlier this year and thought then and still do now that this is imo, the best new series I've watched this year.

This is available on IPT. It premieres in the U.S. on the 14th of this month.

Spotless.

In London Jean Bastières leads a quiet family life with his wife and two children for fifteen years. Perfectly integrated he manages a crime scene cleaning business.

The balance of the harmonious existence is nevertheless disrupted when the brother, Martin, he has not seen for years, reappears. With this bulky brother, the secrets and wounds of Jean's past resurface. Faced with old demons he had chosen to bury, Jean will also face other problems. When Martin arrives with the body of a woman hidden in his van, neither one suspects a year with serious consequences just starting.

This is another of Canal +'s efforts. This great. I defy any of y'all to not enjoy this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-GTIdkrmsV8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-GTIdkrmsV8</a>
This started last night on Esquire tv and is now available on KAT.

Spotless S01E01 HDTV x264-[eSc]

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4415 on: November 15, 2015, 08:35:55 am »

Found these.

https://dailysubtitles.com/subtitles/en/The-Last-Panthers-subtitles-French-S01E01/4075386

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4416 on: November 15, 2015, 02:34:50 pm »
Ta la.

How much Serbian was spoken? There's a full season up on IPT...I'm tempted. ;D

I'm presuming all the scenes in Zagreb was spoken in Serbian Dave. So quite a bit.  The majority of the first episode was in Serbia (supposedly).

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4417 on: November 15, 2015, 11:39:59 pm »
Just got series 3 of The Bridge on, bloody brilliant although missing Martin a bit. Just excellent writing, Saga is such a fantastic character, brings a lot of humour to leaven the grimness of the crimes, but without being at all silly.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #4418 on: November 15, 2015, 11:42:44 pm »
Has anyone here watched dark matter? I watched the entire first season today. It's quite good, though not exceptional. If you like Sci fi, it's worth a shot for sure :)

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4419 on: November 16, 2015, 01:37:40 am »
First ep of Last Panthers was great, deffo on board with this one.

Into the Badlands starts tonight on AMC after TWD. Looks like it could be great fun or utter shite.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eB9dABjwa9o?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eB9dABjwa9o?fs=1</a>

:o
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 01:40:09 am by kennedy81 »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4420 on: November 16, 2015, 07:59:13 am »
There's an uploader on KAT who does all the fl up's from UK tv...hopefully he'll sort them out.
Didn't get to watch The Last Panthers last night or tonight. Hopefully there is a torrent or a stream out soon.
This is the uploader I meant.

This is up on KAT.

The Last Panthers S01 E01 - Hardcoded Eng Subs - Sno
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:00:49 am by dave 5516 »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4421 on: November 16, 2015, 08:11:50 am »
Just got series 3 of The Bridge on, bloody brilliant although missing Martin a bit. Just excellent writing, Saga is such a fantastic character, brings a lot of humour to leaven the grimness of the crimes, but without being at all silly.
The Last Panthers is up on TVC as well, Sam.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4422 on: November 16, 2015, 08:20:33 am »
First ep of Last Panthers was great, deffo on board with this one.

Into the Badlands starts tonight on AMC after TWD. Looks like it could be great fun or utter shite.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eB9dABjwa9o?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eB9dABjwa9o?fs=1</a>

:o
I was going to post about this later...ta la-I think it looks awful and I didn't want everyones opprobrium lumped on me for throwing it up  ;). ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4423 on: November 16, 2015, 08:22:14 am »
So I need to apologise here...sorry....it only took me 6 months to post abar it.....luckily me mate asked for it yesterday or..... ;D

I watched this series earlier this year and thought then and still do now that this is imo, the best new series I've watched this year.

This is available on IPT. It premieres in the U.S. on the 14th of this month.

Spotless.

In London Jean Bastières leads a quiet family life with his wife and two children for fifteen years. Perfectly integrated he manages a crime scene cleaning business.

The balance of the harmonious existence is nevertheless disrupted when the brother, Martin, he has not seen for years, reappears. With this bulky brother, the secrets and wounds of Jean's past resurface. Faced with old demons he had chosen to bury, Jean will also face other problems. When Martin arrives with the body of a woman hidden in his van, neither one suspects a year with serious consequences just starting.

This is another of Canal +'s efforts. This great. I defy any of y'all to not enjoy this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-GTIdkrmsV8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-GTIdkrmsV8</a>
This. This is a must watch-and you'll regret it if you don't. Don't see any love for for it, other than from Pete....get on it.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4424 on: November 16, 2015, 10:14:29 am »
This. This is a must watch-and you'll regret it if you don't. Don't see any love for for it, other than from Pete....get on it.

Next on my list after Broen...which I can see myself binging through pretty quick.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #4425 on: November 16, 2015, 10:23:21 am »
Started watching fargo, absolutely brilliant.  Love it.  Dry dark humour, engaging story line and some decent acting from billy bob.  I find his character fascinating.  Theres been a few laugh out loud moments for me.  Really enjoying it.

I'm avoiding the fargo thread incase i see spoilers! :)

If you havent seen it, i highly recommend it.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4426 on: November 16, 2015, 12:48:03 pm »
Next on my list after Broen...which I can see myself binging through pretty quick.

Spotless is ace Sam. Really really ace in fact. :)

I've got Episodes 2,3 and 4 of The Bridge Season 1 loaded ready on my Ipad.  Looking forward to continuing with it this week.

Loving the recommendations on here. Brilliant thread.

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
  • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart ...
« Reply #4427 on: November 16, 2015, 02:47:25 pm »
Has anyone here watched dark matter? I watched the entire first season today. It's quite good, though not exceptional. If you like Sci fi, it's worth a shot for sure :)
I watched most of season 1 (think I missed ep 12).  Got to agree with you, not exceptional by any means unless you're really into your Sci-fi.

On a separate note, has anyone been following River on BBC One I think? 
Slow burner but very dark.  Will tick a lot of boxes for some folk on here...
- Rebuilding the Bastion

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4428 on: November 16, 2015, 04:41:24 pm »
I'll just leave this here.....Porridge will be reappear as the prison sitcom returns with modern remake. The prison sitcom will focus on Fletcher’s grandson, after he is jailed for computer hacking. Just a pilot order at the moment.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4429 on: November 16, 2015, 06:43:49 pm »
I'll just leave this here.....Porridge will be reappear as the prison sitcom returns with modern remake. The prison sitcom will focus on Fletcher’s grandson, after he is jailed for computer hacking. Just a pilot order at the moment.

hope it stays that way. probably ;)

don't want to sound like a moaning old bastard but every classic they've tried to revive or make a spin off of has been shite, modern day tv writers are wank

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4430 on: November 16, 2015, 07:06:11 pm »
It's just not going to work, it's of its time and should remain so. Caught an episode the other day (probably actually on Dave Ja Vu...), Ronnie Barker is bloody great.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4431 on: November 16, 2015, 07:19:10 pm »

don't want to sound like a moaning old bastard but every classic they've tried to revive or make a spin off of has been shite, modern day tv writers are wank
;D

The reason I never added my thoughts to the post was I didn't trust myself to be....polite and objective...I'm a tad calmer now....I'm still an arl moaner like.

To exacerbate the....annoyance I felt I then read they had approached James Corden for the lead....he can't...so...they're thinking of asking Johhny Vegas...

The only upside to the pilot is the fact that they have the two original writers onboard for the script-it still ain't working...they're not going to achieve the dynamic that was all important to the the shows success

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4432 on: November 16, 2015, 07:21:45 pm »
They did do a spinoff..was it called Straight Time? Actually that's the Hoffman film...that's a very good watch...Going Straight it was called....that lasted a season,iirc.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4433 on: November 16, 2015, 07:30:38 pm »
;D

The reason I never added my thoughts to the post was I didn't trust myself to be....polite and objective...I'm a tad calmer now....I'm still an arl moaner like.

To exacerbate the....annoyance I felt I then read they had approached James Corden for the lead....he can't...so...they're thinking of asking Johhny Vegas...

The only upside to the pilot is the fact that they have the two original writers onboard for the script-it still ain't working...they're not going to achieve the dynamic that was all important to the the shows success
If they are to do this and make it a success, then they really need to use a decent comedy actor, not a standup who does some acting. What made Porridge was Barker's performance (or his delivery of the lines). I personally wish they wouldn't try to recreate things. They'll probably try to recreate Fawlty Towers without any involvement by John Cleese some day and it'll be a disaster.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4434 on: November 16, 2015, 07:39:18 pm »
Second series of Review ended and confirmed itself to be an utter masterpiece.
Seriously one of the greatest seasons a comedy show has ever produced.

Were you drunk when you wrote this?

I really like the show but to call it a ''masterpiece'' is certainly pushing it.

It definitely has it's great moments but there are some quite, well, fairly poor episodes in terms of overall laughs.

I remember reading your post before I started watching and I had really high hopes for this but I'd give it 3 and a half stars with a few eps of season 2 left. Hope it pushes for a 4 before the end.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:41:48 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4435 on: November 16, 2015, 08:01:30 pm »
If they are to do this and make it a success, then they really need to use a decent comedy actor, not a standup who does some acting. What made Porridge was Barker's performance (or his delivery of the lines). I personally wish they wouldn't try to recreate things. They'll probably try to recreate Fawlty Towers without any involvement by John Cleese some day and it'll be a disaster.
Oh this will please you then. ;D

The Good Life, Are You Being Served?, Up Pompeii! and Keeping Up Appearances are all programmes the BBC are looking at in terms of  returns as  specials in the hope I would think that there's enough interest to do a series. Personally, I can't see any of them creating any interest at all...as is said above, they're of their time..what next...Love thy Neighbour...Just give the money to young writers and filmmakers and be a bit more adventurous.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #4436 on: November 16, 2015, 09:52:49 pm »

i can think of at least one poster who will not agree with this comment.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #4437 on: November 16, 2015, 09:54:16 pm »

What are they calling it "Ready Brek" ?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4438 on: November 16, 2015, 10:02:26 pm »
I'd actually love to see someone else have a go at a 'prison sitcom', but there's no need to attach the Porridge name to it. It simply can't live up to its predecessor. Doubt we'll hear of this again to be honest, can't see it getting past the pilot.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #4439 on: November 16, 2015, 10:44:34 pm »
What are they calling it "Ready Brek" ?

Bravo sir
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway