Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2059457 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #12320 on: January 24, 2020, 11:07:06 am »
You can usually "whitelist" certain companies/merchants for payment verification. Speak to your bank/credit card. Basically takes away the need to do the verification step and removes an extra possible point of failure in buying tickets.
YNWA.

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #12321 on: January 24, 2020, 11:09:06 am »
You can usually "whitelist" certain companies/merchants for payment verification. Speak to your bank/credit card. Basically takes away the need to do the verification step and removes an extra possible point of failure in buying tickets.

Good shout mate, think I'll give them a call over the weekend and try and get that sorted

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12322 on: January 24, 2020, 11:20:34 am »

Not been a red block for a while so I think we are now in F5 returns territory.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #12323 on: January 24, 2020, 11:25:00 am »
Out of my 3 browsers the rest were over 1 hour so couldn't change the session... in is in like so happy with that... just spent seasons dreaming of getting straight in on a sale and the time I do they've updated something and it fucked me over... typical haha
Yeah lucky I kept my backup device going or would’ve been screwed there

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #12324 on: January 24, 2020, 11:25:17 am »
What's this card verification thing?

Is it where your bank texts a verification code to your phone?

Very annoying this verified by VISA sh1t is!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12325 on: January 24, 2020, 11:26:24 am »
must be good 2 weeks until West Ham sale, might have to get this sorted. Honestly think the concept is good but cba when it fucks all the time, same issue last time I tried to buy on Ticketmaster too. It’s fine when you have time to sort it or retry but don’t have that luxury with this

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #12326 on: January 24, 2020, 12:10:49 pm »
Tory
This.

No idea what that was in response to as I blocked him/her a while ago as he/she has clearly displayed Tory behaviour countless times before.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #12327 on: January 24, 2020, 12:21:53 pm »
What a fooking pig's ear I made of that this morning. It's finally beaten me.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12328 on: January 24, 2020, 12:23:51 pm »
https://www.whufc.com/tickets/match-tickets/away-matches/liverpool-vs-west-ham-united-0

West Ham have initially only taken 1800... should be a good number for the late sale whenever it is. Plus being on a Monday night will help.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12329 on: January 24, 2020, 12:25:11 pm »
This.

No idea what that was in response to as I blocked him/her a while ago as he/she has clearly displayed Tory behaviour countless times before.

hahahaha. Tit

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12330 on: January 24, 2020, 12:32:39 pm »
https://www.whufc.com/tickets/match-tickets/away-matches/liverpool-vs-west-ham-united-0

West Ham have initially only taken 1800... should be a good number for the late sale whenever it is. Plus being on a Monday night will help.
Hopefully slow sales means they won’t request more

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #12331 on: January 24, 2020, 04:17:51 pm »
Got in this morning less than a min. Picked up two singles in the kop. I sit in the gods in the cups (50/60+) so decided to pick one up for myself in 106!! Second time in a row it’s been less than 10 mins, the fan update has been a massive blessing and at the right time!!

The seat selection looked different, could hardly make out the available seats on my iPhone. Don’t remember seeing the payment screen too, that verified by visa took too long to go through, was getting nervous

Wished they done the STH update at the same time now

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #12332 on: January 24, 2020, 06:20:47 pm »
Anyone else getting issues on Chrome? I can log on fine on Firefox but chrome is I have to enable cookies in order to use the site. Doesn't matter what I press it's the same thing.

Fuck!

Turns out the club did update the website - the company I work for don't have the most up to date version of chrome and aren't sure when they're going to update it, meaning my autorefresh game has now gone to complete shit. On 10 credits this season - so close...

Can anyone recommend the best autorefresh for Firefox? The one I had on Chrome was good because it stayed as a little drop down from the top meaning I could quickly turn it off and try and basket.

As if it wasn't hard enough! Sigh
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline r_ali

• Main Stander
« Reply #12333 on: January 24, 2020, 06:53:54 pm »
Got in this morning less than a min. Picked up two singles in the kop. I sit in the gods in the cups (50/60+) so decided to pick one up for myself in 106!! Second time in a row it’s been less than 10 mins, the fan update has been a massive blessing and at the right time!!

The seat selection looked different, could hardly make out the available seats on my iPhone. Don’t remember seeing the payment screen too, that verified by visa took too long to go through, was getting nervous

Wished they done the STH update at the same time now

Will never understand when people say they get in straight away haha i've never had a queue less than one hour so have always had to get them by refreshing in the week.

Maybe one day!

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #12334 on: January 24, 2020, 07:02:22 pm »
The only time Ive ever gotten less than an hour was for Brighton. Got 6 mins I think and I refreshed at 8.15, then it connected seconds later.

On 6 now so my bases are covered for next season. Only kissed Leicester and Wolves so far. 13 possible this season for a first timer but its not realistic imo. The demand will be mental the last few months.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #12335 on: January 24, 2020, 07:06:50 pm »
New job means refreshing all next week is out of the question so looks like I'm going to be resigned to missing this and maybe the rest of the games.. currently on 9 for the season (including Villa).. unless by some miracle I get one in the morning of the Saints game
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #12336 on: January 24, 2020, 07:09:13 pm »
Odd one - I've got a ticket in my basket right now in 222 in the Adult/Junior section. I can't checkout - does anyone need it before I put it back?
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline r_ali

• Main Stander
« Reply #12337 on: January 24, 2020, 07:11:56 pm »
The only time Ive ever gotten less than an hour was for Brighton. Got 6 mins I think and I refreshed at 8.15, then it connected seconds later.

On 6 now so my bases are covered for next season. Only kissed Leicester and Wolves so far. 13 possible this season for a first timer but its not realistic imo. The demand will be mental the last few months.

I've somehow managed to get 10 so far (i was on 4 plus from last season), all from refreshing in the week, or morning of match day.

For the additional sales, I've tried getting up early, multiple browsers, refreshing like crazy at 8:15... all over one hour  :P

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12338 on: January 24, 2020, 07:14:32 pm »
Think today was the first time all season I’ve got on the actual day of the additional sale

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12339 on: January 24, 2020, 07:16:56 pm »
Odd one - I've got a ticket in my basket right now in 222 in the Adult/Junior section. I can't checkout - does anyone need it before I put it back?
Ye mate

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12340 on: January 24, 2020, 07:23:48 pm »
Completely forgot about this.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12341 on: January 24, 2020, 07:42:43 pm »
Tickets dropping this late?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #12342 on: January 24, 2020, 07:48:20 pm »
Will never understand when people say they get in straight away haha i've never had a queue less than one hour so have always had to get them by refreshing in the week.

Maybe one day!

Honestly, I’ve tried for tickets in pretty much every members sale this season and everyone other than the last two have been over an hour in the queue. Both times on my phone in work, madness

There’s literally no tactic. I’ve done the same thing prior to every sale

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12343 on: January 24, 2020, 08:01:05 pm »
New job means refreshing all next week is out of the question so looks like I'm going to be resigned to missing this and maybe the rest of the games.. currently on 9 for the season (including Villa).. unless by some miracle I get one in the morning of the Saints game

Same mate. New job finished me beyond late sales

Offline r_ali

• Main Stander
« Reply #12344 on: January 24, 2020, 09:01:37 pm »
Why is the Southampton banner down at this time?!?

Offline r_ali

• Main Stander
« Reply #12345 on: January 24, 2020, 09:07:00 pm »
I got excited for a second then, 222 in basket, didn't realise its adult and junior

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12346 on: January 24, 2020, 09:08:33 pm »
I got excited for a second then, 222 in basket, didn't realise its adult and junior
Still in your basket mate ?

Offline r_ali

• Main Stander
« Reply #12347 on: January 24, 2020, 09:12:46 pm »
yeah, i wasn't familiar with the adult junior thing but i think ive finally realised i cant do anything with it. It's only one seat so i dont understand how its possible to buy it when you cant select another seat for a junior.

Offline lukeypool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12348 on: January 24, 2020, 09:13:48 pm »
yeah, i wasn't familiar with the adult junior thing but i think ive finally realised i cant do anything with it. It's only one seat so i dont understand how its possible to buy it when you cant select another seat for a junior.
Get rid of it then. Let someone else have it

Offline r_ali

• Main Stander
« Reply #12349 on: January 24, 2020, 09:16:33 pm »

well, yeah, not just going to keep it in basket forever! Like i said, wasnt familiar with the adult / junior seating.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12350 on: January 24, 2020, 09:18:42 pm »

If there's only 1 ticket left in the block then no one will be able to buy it until they drop the adult / junior restriction on the block. Which isn't going to be at 9pm on a Friday night anyway ;)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12351 on: January 24, 2020, 09:40:30 pm »
Strange there’s a queue at this time, also, another away game not selling out

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12352 on: January 24, 2020, 09:44:19 pm »
I wonder if there will be a time when normal members will ever get to see an away league game, I think even if become unwatchable in a decades time, STHs will probably buy for credits for the future, really hope Fulham comeback up this year

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12353 on: January 24, 2020, 09:45:31 pm »
I wonder if there will be a time when normal members will ever get to see an away league game, I think even if become unwatchable in a decades time, STHs will probably buy for credits for the future, really hope Fulham comeback up this year
blackburn, Bolton or Wigan need to come back up, was fairly easy to get those three and build from there but when they went down that was it really

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12354 on: January 24, 2020, 09:46:12 pm »
blackburn, Bolton or Wigan need to come back up
Even then, STHs get priority over members for some reason, so would have to go past another 20k

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12355 on: January 24, 2020, 10:36:20 pm »

Got Blackburn away when Carroll scored last minute, got 3 on my card. Never seen the likes of that since.

I wasn't in the country during Hodgson's reign, seems like that was the time to get on.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12356 on: January 24, 2020, 10:39:25 pm »
Got Blackburn away when Carroll scored last minute, got 3 on my card. Never seen the likes of that since.

I wasn't in the country during Hodgson's reign, seems like that was the time to get on.
Yeah I was still in school in NI too, definitely would’ve went to anything I could though. Hard to see the league ladder opening up soon, hoping a Russian team away next year might get me on the euro ladder though

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #12357 on: January 25, 2020, 12:10:30 am »

Your post makes no sense. You're telling him to get rid of it so another Adult/Junior combo can get it, but there's only one ticket up for grabs.

well, yeah, not just going to keep it in basket forever! Like i said, wasnt familiar with the adult / junior seating.

Wish I saw your post at the time mate. You should have rang up and explained it's the only ticket left, the TO might have just let you buy it. The lad begging you to release it probably had this in his head

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12358 on: January 25, 2020, 08:01:43 am »
Your post makes no sense. You're telling him to get rid of it so another Adult/Junior combo can get it, but there's only one ticket up for grabs.

Wish I saw your post at the time mate. You should have rang up and explained it's the only ticket left, the TO might have just let you buy it. The lad begging you to release it probably had this in his head

Dont think he’d have got an answer from the ticket office at 9pm

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #12359 on: January 25, 2020, 10:03:20 am »
Which away is not selling out?
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17