Author Topic: "Stay On Your Feet!" - What's the point?  (Read 3898 times)

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
Re: "Stay On Your Feet!" - What's the point?
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2011, 01:20:33 pm »
If you are fouled you cannot dive. I class diving as a foul not occuring and a player going to ground. A defender must ensure that they don't foul. If they don't then they can't moan about a player going down.

I agree, but my topic wasn't about diving, it was about going down when you've been fouled, even if it was possible to stay up.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2011, 01:52:53 pm »
I agree, but my topic wasn't about diving, it was about going down when you've been fouled, even if it was possible to stay up.

How do you know it's possible though? If enough contact is made then you'll go down.

Slow motion is quite often misleading.

I prefer players to stay on their feet and I currently don't see anything to suggest that Suarez looks for dives. To me he looks too eager to 'do something' rather than waste it by going down and not even getting a chance to score a freekick himself.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2011, 10:55:29 pm »
How do you know it's possible though? If enough contact is made then you'll go down.

I prefer players to stay on their feet and I currently don't see anything to suggest that Suarez looks for dives. To me he looks too eager to 'do something' rather than waste it by going down and not even getting a chance to score a freekick himself.

I'd say Lucas v Arsenal when he was pushed or Joey Barton v Arsenal when he was slapped could both have stayed up, both went down. One got a penalty the other got the opposition player sent off.

Offline Pride-Of-The-Midlands

• dumbrum
  • Anny Roader
  • Villa fan. England fan.
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2011, 11:30:47 pm »

I haven't seen Suarez dive but he does go down easily.