Author Topic: Liverpool vs. Villareal - 2nd Leg - 3-1 (Bruno o/g 7', Sturridge 62', Adam 80')  (Read 92993 times)

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
Really, really enjoyed that.  Didn't give them a sniff.  Really impressed with Lovren, Toure, Clyne, Can (did he really injure ligaments just three weeks ago?!), Milner and Firmino.  Only moan was a few fannies behind me in the Lower Kemlyn telling all us who were stood to sit down - it's a UEFA Cup semi final FFS, stop bitching about people standing and get behind the Reds!

Have to go on and lift the cup now!  Absolutely buzzing having Klopp as our manager, this Europa run has been amazing.  Some of the best moments I've ever had being a Red!

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
12 more days till the final...
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
https://streamable.com/41kb

Wow! What a man we have to lead us to the glorious days that surely lie ahead.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline canadianscraggledog

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
No, but it would be funny if they went out in the qualifiers.

To Villareal would be comedic gold
60% of the time, it works all the time

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Wow! What a man we have to lead us to the glorious days that surely lie ahead.
Eating out of his hand. Very intimate moments those; and the fulfillment of Shank's ideal. When Liverpool are together like that, we're unstoppable!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Klopp also revealed Danny Ings is back in training, but remains uncertain if he’ll feature this season.

“Danny wants to play,” he said. “He has trained at highest level.

“But with all these fit players it makes sense to wait.”

Very encouraging this.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
I was thoroughly impressed of the intensity of the match last night, none stop from beginning to end. Just persistence from every player for such a long time, very well done. Was really impressed with Can, Milner, Lovren and Firmino in the game last night, but also as a team we well deserved the win. I REALLY hope we can play the same way in the final coz I really don't think any or many teams can cope with that intensity.

Come on you Redmen!!!!!!

YNWA

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
12 more days till the final...

Fckin' hell, didn't notice it was this close.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Fckin' hell, didn't notice it was this close.

Close? It's a life-time away!

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
It's long overdue but I'm speechless. I really thought that goal was going to come back to haunt us like Benfica in 2006 but we blew them away. They didn't really show up in fairness but you could say the atmosphere got to them.

One win away from Champions League football, just imagine how big that would be for us.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
It's long overdue but I'm speechless. I really thought that goal was going to come back to haunt us like Benfica in 2006 but we blew them away. They didn't really show up in fairness but you could say the atmosphere got to them.

One win away from Champions League football a European trophy, just imagine how big that would be for us.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I know that, it's just this summer is very important and being in the Champions League would give Klopp carte blanche.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Since the Sturridge thread is locked and the body language experts are here, I'll post the Sturridge interview here.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sturridge-im-fully-committed-liverpool-11297479

Daniel Sturridge insists he’s fully committed to Liverpool as they embark on “something special” under Jurgen Klopp.

The Reds striker says there are no issues between him and Klopp, and he’s adamant his future remains at Anfield.

Sturridge was in sparkling form in Thursday night’s Europa League semi-final triumph over Villarreal and believes he’s now at the peak of fitness having put his injury woes behind him.

The England international, who slotted home Liverpool’s second goal, is reaping the rewards of his hard graft at Melwood - having not had a single day off since he made his comeback in February.

“I am happy here,” Sturridge said.

“I have never expressed not being happy here. I think it is everyone playing devil’s advocate. They see that I have been left out sometimes and they think ‘maybe that means he is unhappy’ but at the end of the day the manager has got a job to do.

“He has got to pick the team that he feels is best on the day. And I have got a job to do, which is to perform when I am playing.

“There has never been any friction between me and the manager. Never. There is never any on my part and there is never any on the manager’s part, either, I don’t think.

“It is his job to pick the team. This is a team game and if he chooses to pick someone else, I have to take it on the chin.

“I can be upset if I am not playing. But that is natural for any player to be upset. You just have to take it on the chin. And when you do come on, you have to be in the right frame of mind.”

Sturridge had been on the bench for the previous three European games but after being handed a start in the second leg he rose to the occasion as he tormented Villarreal’s backline.

The celebrations which followed his 52nd goal for Liverpool laid bare exactly what it meant to him.

It was the biggest goal I've ever scored for Liverpool

“I think it was because it was such a big game for us,” he said.

“With the first chance I had I was like ‘how did that not go in?’ so I felt as if I had to make up for it and I am grateful to God that I was able to do that.

“It’s the biggest goal I’ve scored for Liverpool, but hopefully there will be a lot more bigger games and a lot more bigger goals to come in the future.

“It was a big night for us and to get a result like that was massive for us, for the fans and for the club.

“There is no doubt this is the fittest I’ve felt. It’s a few months since I have been back and I haven’t even had a day off. I’m not fronting this. I actually haven’t had a day off. When the other boys have had days off, I have been in.

“It has just been extra stuff, whether I have been training or doing recovery work, I have been doing it. I am not trying to create a sob story.

“At the end of the day, we get paid to do this and this is my dream. I can’t complain. I’m just grateful to God for the opportunity to be here.”

Having seen fellow attackers Divock Origi and Roberto Firmino picked ahead of him in recent weeks, Sturridge’s prospects under Klopp have been the subject of much debate.

But he insists he can handle being in the spotlight and he’s ready to prove he should command a regular starting spot.

“We are playing for a big club and pressure comes with that,” he said.

“You deal with it every single day. You know me, I am as confident as you can be in your own ability. I always try and create chances for the team. If I don’t score, I will try and be a threat for the team.

“I don’t doubt myself. I don’t doubt my abilities. I don’t need to talk about any other players. I am focused on my task on the football pitch.

“I don’t think it is more of a challenge. Before I was playing with Luis Suarez, who is now at Barcelona and scoring loads of goals. The same goes for the other players who have moved on, like Raheem (Sterling). I was fighting to be in the side and I wasn’t comfortable then.

“It is the club’s job to bring in reinforcements, to sign players. But I know what I can do on a football pitch.

“I have been here more than three years now. I have had the injuries and I have been in and out of the side in recent times but it has never been a case that I am not happy at the club.

“I am grateful to the club for giving me the chance to come here from Chelsea. I am grateful to Brendan (Rodgers) for signing me as well. Now Jurgen has come in and he is giving me minutes on the pitch. Hopefully it is the start of something special.”

Sevilla await Liverpool in the Europa League final in Basel on May 18. Having come agonisingly close to winning the Premier League title and losing in two domestic cup semi-finals as well as this season’s Capital One Cup, Sturridge is desperate to finally land some silverware with the Reds.

“It took me a while to get over not winning the Premier League here. That is the closest I have been since leaving Chelsea to winning something big,” he added.

“The Capital One Cup was so difficult to take. I was in tears after the game, not just because we lost but because it was a moment for us. We wanted to move to the next level in that game but we were unfortunate.

“We have learned from it and we have got another final. Sevilla have won it twice before. It’s not new for them but we have won it before as a club and we want to give the fans something to sing about. It’s another game for us to show on the big stage we can live up to the expectation.”

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
The Villareal manager is next level bitter.
He and his Spanish Stoke can fuck off

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Love Dani's interview, never had any doubt in him and whether or not he was happy or not.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA