Author Topic: The Sack Race  (Read 49768 times)

Offline Worgie

• Main Stander
The Sack Race
« on: August 12, 2021, 08:46:43 am »
In our house we have an annual sack race at the start of the season, myself, Mrs Worgie and my son all guess which Premier League manager will be the first to be sacked this season.

We each put a pound in the pot every Saturday and whoever gets sacked first, from our chosen three takes the pot. A couple of seasons ago all of our selections were still in a job come January so we had a transfer window then!

My son gets first pick, then Mrs Worgie, then me.

Who do you reckon will be the first to go this season?

RAI TV Commentator May 2005 - "If Milan score in the first 20 minutes they will win!"  Yeah Right!

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
Re: The Sack Race
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 08:49:19 am »
We don't do anything fun like this in our house

Anyway I'd go for Rafa , think he will last until December time

If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 08:56:44 am »
Rafa, or whoever is managing Watford at the mo.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 08:58:46 am »
Vieira
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 09:03:51 am »
Ralph Hasenhüttl.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2021, 09:06:07 am »
Vieira

Cant see past this, he wont be very good and like De Boer they wont hesitate in pulling the trigger
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 09:13:56 am »
Its hard to see past Rafa to be honest, sadly. Don't think they'll start well and it'll be even more toxic than usual, and the players must know the fans will have their backs completely if/when they down tools.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2021, 09:14:42 am »
Ralph Hasenhüttl.

Idk southampton selling all the players they have should give him some leeway. Think Viera, Rafa and Arteta are the favorites to be honest.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2021, 09:15:40 am »
NES. For sack or quit.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2021, 09:16:39 am »
Idk southampton selling all the players they have should give him some leeway. Think Viera, Rafa and Arteta are the favorites to be honest.

Think they will sack him and give it to Big Sam. It will be a fight between Palace and Everton to get Sam.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2021, 09:25:00 am »
WTF is this stupid delusion that Palace would re-employ Allardyce? 

While we might well stoop to employing an Allardyce-ish manager  - there is no shitting way the board would have BFS back after he fucked us off. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 09:26:32 am by Fortneef »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2021, 09:26:17 am »

While we might stoop to employing an Allardyce-ish manager  - there is no shitting way the board would have BFS back after he fucked us off. 

He’s been at that many places it’s hard to keep track of things. Did he ditch you for the England job game?

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2021, 09:26:34 am »
Benitez or Hassenhuttl for me.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2021, 09:30:41 am »
Given the way Southampton are selling everyone Id say Hassenhutt has a very safe job

Hes a decent manager and they wont want to be spending money on paying him off and hiring a new guy

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2021, 09:35:29 am »
He’s been at that many places it’s hard to keep track of things. Did he ditch you for the England job game?

He kept us up by spending £35m  on  Milivojević, Schlupp and Van Aanholt  at Christmas.
Then flounced off because he wanted even more signings in the summer.  And then signs for Everton. 

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2021, 09:36:03 am »
A promoted manager unable to deal with unrealistic expectations after the first 10 games. Probably Watford. They'll sack 2 managers before anyone else has begun with their first.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2021, 09:37:54 am »

While we might well stoop to employing an Allardyce-ish manager  - there is no shitting way the board would have BFS back after he fucked us off.

So you don't think they would re-employ him then
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2021, 09:39:23 am »
A promoted manager unable to deal with unrealistic expectations after the first 10 games. Probably Watford. They'll sack 2 managers before anyone else has begun with their first.
I almost forgot that Watford were a promoted team. I barely noticed them when they were here, I guess I was unlikely to notice their absence other than Liverpool not playing them.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2021, 09:51:30 am »
Ok, I’ll dare say it first. Solskjær.

A stuttering start, another CL group humiliation (always on the cards with a tactical dunce as manager) and an exiting Woodward that can no longer protect him, together with their revolting fans, and well….
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 09:56:22 am by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2021, 09:53:01 am »
I want my own "Manager" to get sacked 1st thing Monday morning the fat headed sack of fucking shit.    :wave

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2021, 09:54:45 am »
I want my own "Manager" to get sacked 1st thing Monday morning the fat headed sack of fucking shit.    :wave
Post his name and the company and honestly, we’ll see what we can do Paul.

Ah you mean Bruce ;D
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2021, 09:58:01 am »

A stuttering start, another CL group humiliation (always on the cards with a tactical dunce as manager) and an exiting Woodward that can no longer protect him, together with their revolting fans, and well….

I hope not. The squad is getting towards the stage where you really don’t want a competent manager in charge. Probably still a high class CM and a 9 who isn’t ancient away fortunately.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2021, 09:58:38 am »

Wash your mouth out
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2021, 09:59:45 am »
Wash your mouth out
Better to voice your fears, secure in the jinx, or reverse jinx or whatever.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2021, 09:59:52 am »

No chance. He's just signed a new contract this summer, so they obviously are willing to back him for the long term.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2021, 10:07:35 am »
If they have a poor start, given the terrible second half of last season and the major squad upheaval, Dean Smith could come under some pressure.
AHA!

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2021, 10:12:00 am »
Vieira to be replaced by Sam Allardyce after about 5 games knowing Crystal Palace.

Or Watford and Wolves replacing someone I haven't heard of with someone I haven't heard of.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2021, 10:16:38 am »

Since Palace were promoted to the Premier League in 2013 they've appointed Tony Pulis, Warnock, Alan Pardew, Sam Allardyce, Frank De Boer, Roy Hodgson and Patrick Vieira.

De Boer lasted 4 games before bringing in Hodgson. Seeing as Pulis has burned his bridges there and Moyes, Warnock and Bruce are in a job, it's got to be Sam if Vieira has a bad start.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2021, 10:26:59 am »
I almost forgot that Watford were a promoted team. I barely noticed them when they were here, I guess I was unlikely to notice their absence other than Liverpool not playing them.

My last job was in West London where the HQ was based in Watford, so I'd get loads of Watford fans coming in every now and then and obviously I'd be chatting. They all hate how constantly unstable the club hierarchy is.

Shit on Luton

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2021, 10:39:00 am »
My last job was in West London where the HQ was based in Watford, so I'd get loads of Watford fans coming in every now and then and obviously I'd be chatting. They all hate how constantly unstable the club hierarchy is.

Shit on Luton

They've had 15 managerial appointments in the last 10 years. Looking back a bit further I forgot Brendan Rodgers had managed them.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2021, 10:40:39 am »
They actually seemed to make 'we're happy to chop and change managers' work for them for a few seasons

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2021, 10:47:36 am »
Solskjaer. Just watch.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2021, 10:48:26 am »
Think Arteta will be under pressure if Arsenal don't get off to a good start.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2021, 10:54:10 am »
No chance. He's just signed a new contract this summer, so they obviously are willing to back him for the long term.
Six years…

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2021, 11:02:37 am »
The Glazers are happy as long as they're in the top 4. They've only sacked managers when they've missed out on the CL.

The raft of penalties they got in 19/20 run-in to blag 4th on the last day kept him in a job. You'd expect they'll be top 4 comfortably enough this season given they've improved the team.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2021, 11:11:16 am »
Arteta, then Rafa.
Everton bring Arteta back.
Mediocrity continues.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2021, 11:14:09 am »
Rafa. I'll be amazed if he get's past the Christmas tree test.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2021, 11:15:24 am »
Yeah it's probably Xisco. I can see Hayden Mullins taking them down again as caretaker once he leaves Colchester 23rd in League Two.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2021, 11:22:45 am »
Bruno Lage at Wolves is my guess. Already bottom of the table.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2021, 11:29:36 am »
Viera or Xisco. Depends on who has a worse start.

Outside bet on Arteta if Arsenal have a bad start to the season.