Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3122849 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #22120 on: May 22, 2022, 09:54:29 pm »
Nightmare of a day mate. Gutted for Thiago in particular. Tchouameni was my number 1 wanted player, can't say I'm really arsed about anyone else. I'm sure they'll be good whoever we get but I just can't see one of our lucky escapes like Mane instead of Gotze, Jota instead of Werner (altho reckon he'd have been good under Klopp) or Salah instead of Brandt... in this case. Probably gonna sign someone inferior.

At least we can win the biggest game in club football in a week's time, there is that!  :)

Also the Frenchman is priced at £67m, hopefully we can put that towards signing Bellingham in a year.

So we got lucky with three players did we? You are fucking clueless if you think that.

Plus who gives a shit if this hardly heard of french player?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22121 on: May 22, 2022, 09:55:14 pm »
I seem to remember around January a bunch of journalists (particularly Maddock and Pearce) saying we were looking at refreshing our midfield this summer, with specific mention of Bellingham (which was always stated as unlikely) and Tchouameni (who was noted as our top target). So I absolutely see us looking at other options too (or perhaps waiting for Bellingham in a year or so)

I reckon we wait a year and not for Bellingham in my opinion.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22122 on: May 22, 2022, 09:58:38 pm »
We havent really told anyone anything. I dont think we will sign anyone because we probably saw an opportunity with the Monaco player. We have enough as it is with Keita’s form.

Keita is great but a huge part of the reason why we've had any success over the last few months, and came so close to the league, is that our midfield managed to stay fit for the first time under Klopp. A few months of fitness isn't something we can rely on to continue, as we've seen these last few weeks. Most of our options are prone to injuries to various extents, and our most reliable midfielder in terms of fitness is likely leaving.

Signing someone young but ready to contribute now would be huge, especially with Henderson and Thiago getting to the latter stages of their careers.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22123 on: May 22, 2022, 09:58:59 pm »
I reckon we wait a year and not for Bellingham in my opinion.

Maybe, we will see. I think we will got after this future midfielder this er, but we may not.

As you say the the squad is boss anyway so either way it goes I am pretty chill on it all

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #22124 on: May 22, 2022, 10:02:28 pm »
I mean leaving at a guess are Ox, Origi, Milner, Minamino, Karius, Davies, Ojo, Philips, N Williams, Woodburn and Adrian. That leaves us short at RB and CM so these two spots as stated already need looking at. R Williams and VDB will go out on loan along with Bradley, Morton, Gordon, Beck and Koumetio going out too.

Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino and Naby Keita are all out of contract in 2023 and yet to pen fresh terms.

Alisson, Kellegher, Marcelo

TAA

VVD, Matip, Konate, Gomez

Robertson, Tmisikas

Fabinho, Henderson

Thiago, Kieta, Jones, Elliott

Diaz, Mane, Jota, Firmino, Salah, Carvalho

Again, CM and RB.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22125 on: May 22, 2022, 10:02:39 pm »
Ramsey?

Calvin RamsAy

Aberdeen's 18 year old Right Back will sign for us.  He's just won SPL's Young Player of the Year too.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22126 on: May 22, 2022, 10:03:48 pm »
I mean leaving at a guess are Ox, Origi, Milner, Minamino, Karius, Davies, Ojo, Philips, N Williams, Woodburn and Adrian. That leaves us short at RB and CM so these two spots as stated already need looking at. R Williams and VDB will go out on loan along with Bradley, Morton, Gordon, Beck and Koumetio going out too.

Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino and Naby Keita are all out of contract in 2023 and yet to pen fresh terms.

Alisson, Kellegher, Marcelo

TAA

VVD, Matip, Konate, Gomez

Robertson, Tmisikas

Fabinho, Henderson

Thiago, Kieta, Jones, Elliott

Diaz, Mane, Jota, Firmino, Salah, Carvalho

Again, CM and RB.

Milner is staying.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #22127 on: May 22, 2022, 10:04:54 pm »
Calvin RamsAy

Aberdeen's 18 year old Right Back will sign for us.  He's just won SPL's Young Player of the Year too.

Ahh right cool.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22128 on: May 22, 2022, 10:05:18 pm »
Keita is great but a huge part of the reason why we've had any success over the last few months, and came so close to the league, is that our midfield managed to stay fit for the first time under Klopp. A few months of fitness isn't something we can rely on to continue, as we've seen these last few weeks. Most of our options are prone to injuries to various extents, and our most reliable midfielder in terms of fitness is likely leaving.

Signing someone young but ready to contribute now would be huge, especially with Henderson and Thiago getting to the latter stages of their careers.
It should help having Jones and Elliott earlier in the season too.
Would still like one more so Henderson can play 6 more.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #22129 on: May 22, 2022, 10:05:26 pm »
Milner is staying.

That is what you took from that ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22130 on: May 22, 2022, 10:08:20 pm »
That is what you took from that ;D

Yep, gives us 7 midfield options and Carvalho can play there as well. We dont need anyone.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #22131 on: May 22, 2022, 10:10:26 pm »
Yep, gives us 7 midfield options and Carvalho can play there as well. We dont need anyone.

Carlvalho in that MF  3 is not the player I have seen.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22132 on: May 22, 2022, 10:13:56 pm »
Carlvalho in that MF  3 is not the player I have seen.

He can play there. But we have 7 for three positions, its good enough. People are assuming we dont get this French player and we target someone else. Point is we may not and with the options we have, we dont need to.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22133 on: May 22, 2022, 10:14:09 pm »

Doesn’t the (apparent) fact that we’ve been trying to sign Tchouameni suggest the club disagree?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22134 on: May 22, 2022, 10:14:59 pm »
Carvalho is not a midfielder.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22135 on: May 22, 2022, 10:16:29 pm »
I'd really like a top midfielder even if not Tchouameni. Gini went, Keita isn't going to be world class now, Ox isn't being used, Milner can't go on forever and Hendo and Thiago are both 31+. Are Elliot and Jones going to be starters or do we go into a third year with Fab, Thiago and Hendo our first choice?

Diaz and Jota have freshened up the attack. Konate and Tsmikas have added to the defence. Midfielder has to be the next area to concentrate on. We added Thiago 2 years ago knowing Gini was probably leaving but this group has been going for a fair few years. It might be time to start asking the opposition some different questions with fresher legs and minds.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22136 on: May 22, 2022, 10:17:05 pm »
Doesn’t the (apparent) fact that we’ve been trying to sign Tchouameni suggest the club disagree?

We might have seen something in Tchouameni that felt it was a real long term opportunity. But we have examples where we dont think there are other players who are better than what we have.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #22137 on: May 22, 2022, 10:20:14 pm »
Are Ramsey and Carvahlo not signings for the future? Many seem to have them down as squad options right away. Great if they are at that level but i wouldn't be surprised if they go out on loan either.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22138 on: May 22, 2022, 10:21:31 pm »
It should help having Jones and Elliott earlier in the season too.
Would still like one more so Henderson can play 6 more.

It depends where Klopp sees them I guess, he's always so respectful towards and confident in our players that it becomes difficult to envision them moving on, but I wouldn't be completely shocked to see Elliot on loan after barely playing following his injury. For a three man midfield Jones is a really good 6th choice to have, that would still equate to a ton of minutes, giving him the chance to make a case for being ahead of the others.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22139 on: May 22, 2022, 10:22:31 pm »
Are Ramsey and Carvahlo not signings for the future? Many seem to have them down as squad options right away. Great if they are at that level but i wouldn't be surprised if they go out on loan either.

Carvalho is a signing for now.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #22140 on: May 22, 2022, 10:23:29 pm »
Remember that Elliott started this season until the injury.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22141 on: May 22, 2022, 10:24:02 pm »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22142 on: May 22, 2022, 10:25:38 pm »

He is, but he is not a midfielder for our setup. He is an attacker ...

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #22143 on: May 22, 2022, 10:26:24 pm »

I agree but not in that central 3
Y.N.W.A.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #22144 on: May 22, 2022, 10:26:57 pm »
Is he?

I don’t think any of us know that for sure.  Even the coaching staff
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22145 on: May 22, 2022, 10:27:39 pm »
He can play there. But we have 7 for three positions, its good enough. People are assuming we dont get this French player and we target someone else. Point is we may not and with the options we have, we dont need to.

Agree hopefully Jones and Elliot get better next season.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #22146 on: May 22, 2022, 10:28:24 pm »
Is he?

From what I have seen I would agree with Peter and by Jesus I fucking hope our staff know his style of play.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22147 on: May 22, 2022, 10:28:51 pm »

He can play the 8. Or he may not but if he doesnt, we have 7 options for 3 positions.

Id like another midfielder, but its completely fine if we dont sign one because we are not desperate for one, those assuming we will now sign an alternative, there is a good chance we may not.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #22148 on: May 22, 2022, 10:30:33 pm »
Milner 38?
Henderson 35?
Thiago 31
Elliott 18
Jones 20
Keita 28
Fabinho 28

We need new legs in MF and best getting one in now and bedding him in than waiting.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22149 on: May 22, 2022, 10:30:40 pm »
From what I have seen I would agree with Peter and by Jesus I fucking hope our staff know his style of play.
The Data so suggest he much more of an attacker.
Laimer for 12 mil would be prime age buy who seems like he would fit the squad but he might go to bayern.
I trust the staff on signings.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22150 on: May 22, 2022, 10:33:12 pm »
He can play the 8. Or he may not but if he doesnt, we have 7 options for 3 positions.

Id like another midfielder, but its completely fine if we dont sign one because we are not desperate for one, those assuming we will now sign an alternative, there is a good chance we may not.

We have enough passers and ball-carriers. We need another ball-winner who can help us in the physical games like today. Tchouameni is such a player. Sangare is such a player. It is not a coincidence that we are linked by reputable sources with both of them ...

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #22151 on: May 22, 2022, 10:33:14 pm »
Milner 38?
Henderson 35?
Thiago 31
Elliott 18
Jones 20
Keita 28
Fabinho 28

We need new legs in MF and best getting one in now and bedding him in than waiting.
Yeah, they’ll be bringing one in, no doubt about that.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #22152 on: May 22, 2022, 10:34:32 pm »
The Data so suggest he much more of an attacker.
Laimer for 12 mil would be prime age buy who seems like he would fit the squad but he might go to bayern.
I trust the staff on signings.

That Bayern deal is done I think. Yup our staff know what they are doing.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22153 on: May 22, 2022, 10:43:00 pm »
We're probably going to be on the back foot now. I reckon we were sure Mbappe was going and Madrid couldn't afford Tchouameni. But when that fell through it changed it all. Very doubtful he picks us over Madrid. They were the only club to worry about.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22154 on: May 22, 2022, 10:46:22 pm »
Is he?

Not for sure. But it’s pretty obvious. The reason he’s a player we’ve signed his is his in box production.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22155 on: May 22, 2022, 10:47:13 pm »
Anyone that doesn’t think the club are prepared for any eventualities are seriously underestimating how well the club is run.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22156 on: May 22, 2022, 10:48:49 pm »
We're probably going to be on the back foot now. I reckon we were sure Mbappe was going and Madrid couldn't afford Tchouameni. But when that fell through it changed it all. Very doubtful he picks us over Madrid. They were the only club to worry about.

Back foot for what? Hardly heard of this player a number of months ago and now we are on the back foot? Surely in the last 4 or so years you are aware we know what we are doing?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22157 on: May 22, 2022, 10:48:59 pm »
Milner 38?
Henderson 35?
Thiago 31
Elliott 18
Jones 20
Keita 28
Fabinho 28

Henderson Only 32. Jones is 21, Elliott 19 next season. Would think a 24ish old type Mfer would be what be looking for and likely a Keita Extension

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22158 on: May 22, 2022, 10:49:28 pm »
Sangare is 24.  :D

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22159 on: May 22, 2022, 10:49:43 pm »
That Bayern deal is done I think. Yup our staff know what they are doing.
Yea will be interesting to see who is signed