The Liverpool FC Forum > General Football and Sport

LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME

<< < (3/6538) > >>

killer-heels:

--- Quote from: Agent99 on August  5, 2021, 12:16:15 pm ---Definitely. Add in a Raphinha and a Bissouma, for example, and the squad is boss as fuck.

--- End quote ---

We could do with better than Raphinha.

HardworkDedication:

--- Quote from: fucking appalled on August  5, 2021, 12:04:03 pm ---If we're all injury free, it'd look like this'ish:

Alisson, TAA, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robbo, Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Salah, Mane, Firmino SUBS Kelleher, Konate, Tsimikas, Keita, Jones, Jota, Origi

De Gea, Wan Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, Sancho, Fernandes, Pogba, Cavani SUBS Henderson, Telles, Lindelof, Van De Beek, Rashford, Greenwood, Martial

Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Zinchenko, Rodri, Fernandino, De Bruyne, Foden, Jesus, Sterling SUBS Steffen, Mendy, Laporte, Gundogan, Mahrez, Torres, Silva

Mendy, James, Azpilicueta, Silva, Rudiger, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Pulisic, Werner, Havertz SUBS Kepa, Alonso, Christensen, Kovacic, Mount, Ziyech, Abraham

What doesn't sit well?

Obviously we expect to see Abu Dhabi add Kane and Grealish, Chelsea probably Lukaku. But since they haven't happened yet.....dyou genuinely think we're particularly far off, if at all? We've all got strengths and weaknesses but I'm really not seeing that we're standing out as having a weak bench compared to the others. And our first 11 looks stronger than any of them. And thats with quite a few strong players not on the bench (Matip, Ox, Milner, Shaq, Elliott etc)

--- End quote ---

I've very little to add to this post other than I completely agree with you.

Goalposts for Jumpers:

--- Quote from: fucking appalled on August  5, 2021, 12:04:03 pm ---If we're all injury free, it'd look like this'ish:

Alisson, TAA, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robbo, Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Salah, Mane, Firmino SUBS Kelleher, Konate, Tsimikas, Keita, Jones, Jota, Origi

De Gea, Wan Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, Sancho, Fernandes, Pogba, Cavani SUBS Henderson, Telles, Lindelof, Van De Beek, Rashford, Greenwood, Martial

Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Zinchenko, Rodri, Fernandino, De Bruyne, Foden, Jesus, Sterling SUBS Steffen, Mendy, Laporte, Gundogan, Mahrez, Torres, Silva

Mendy, James, Azpilicueta, Silva, Rudiger, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Pulisic, Werner, Havertz SUBS Kepa, Alonso, Christensen, Kovacic, Mount, Ziyech, Abraham

What doesn't sit well?

Obviously we expect to see Abu Dhabi add Kane and Grealish, Chelsea probably Lukaku. But since they haven't happened yet.....dyou genuinely think we're particularly far off, if at all? We've all got strengths and weaknesses but I'm really not seeing that we're standing out as having a weak bench compared to the others. And our first 11 looks stronger than any of them. And thats with quite a few strong players not on the bench (Matip, Ox, Milner, Shaq, Elliott etc)

--- End quote ---

Interesting to look at, so thanks for posting.

I'd say, if you're looking at players who can come off the bench and change the game (attacking players), then we look the weakest. Even Utd have a wealth of attacking options now. If we're struggling to break teams down who do we turn to? If Mo gets injured in the derby who takes his place?

scatman:
The fact that Matip, Ox and Shaqiri aren't in that 18, should show that we are not exactly paupers. Personally I'd have big Joel starting.

redk84:
Only realised today that the PL starts next week!

That's come quick....have dipped in and out of the off-season goings on. But reckon we'll sign one more player and let a few more go...i don't think we will have no more incomings at all.

Quietly optimistic for the season barring injuries

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version