Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2192751 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: Rafa's got the Blues *
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2021, 08:09:26 pm »
If Rafa can win them a trophy a few games into his reign it says everything about the man
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2021, 08:17:14 pm »
If Rafa can win them a trophy a few games into his reign it says everything about the man
Have they been declared transfer window winners (again) then?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2021, 08:17:41 pm »
Everton are a bad team and if you like them you are bad.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2021, 08:57:55 pm »
Villa also quietly burning money.  At least Chelsea and Man City had something to show after £1.5bn in combined losses.

Demarai Gray looks a decent signing, especially at the price.  Anyone know why he fell out of favour at Leicester?

Yeah, he's shite.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2021, 10:29:49 pm »
Mad that Richarlison still hasn’t even started his end of season break

Genuinely ridiculous, he will be shot to pieces for the whole season

He had plenty of rest last season, the amount of time he spent on the ground.

Mind you all the rolling around must have been exhausting.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2021, 10:32:20 pm »
Yeah, he's shite.

He scored a screamer against United at OT, but I can hardly remember anything substantial from him. Very inconsistent.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2021, 10:32:42 pm »

He went up for a header in today’s match.  The goalies shirt brushed his stomach and he spent 3 minutes receiving treatment for a head injury. 

Quite incredible
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2021, 10:35:15 pm »
Starting 11
Begovic
Coleman
Holgate
Godfrey
Digne
Allan
Doucoure
Iwobi
Rodriguez
Townsend
Kean
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2021, 10:40:07 pm »
Starting 11
Begovic
Coleman
Holgate
Godfrey
Digne
Allan
Doucoure
Iwobi
Rodriguez
Townsend
Kean

Is this their second team? No DCL, Richi-Lar, The Skateboard Kid, T Rex Arms?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2021, 10:45:26 pm »
Is this their second team? No DCL, Richi-Lar, The Skateboard Kid, T Rex Arms?

Davies on the bench.
Richi is at the Olympics.
DCL and T-Rex probably just arrived.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2021, 10:58:18 pm »
Perfect song for the Ev to run out to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsvzFqrsnfA

Love in a hopeless place

;D
#Sausages

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2021, 11:08:37 pm »
Davies on the bench.
Richi is at the Olympics.
DCL and T-Rex probably just arrived.
Where is Ham-ezzzzz?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2021, 11:15:10 pm »

:lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2021, 11:16:12 pm »
He went up for a header in today’s match.  The goalies shirt brushed his stomach and he spent 3 minutes receiving treatment for a head injury. 

Quite incredible
He's a fucking bellend mate  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2021, 11:18:23 pm »
Worth noting ours was during a covid hit revenue set of accounts as well as paying out PL winning bonuses.
I still can't get past the fact that Everton used money that should have gone toward their new stadium to pay off debt and avoid FFP penalties. If they hadn't got that £30m injection their turnover would have been 155.9 and their wages 164.8, or 106% of turnover. The fact no one seems to care is kinda mind-boggling. The fact they are spending so much and are still shit is also just wtf?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2021, 11:21:23 pm »
I still can't get past the fact that Everton used money that should have gone toward their new stadium to pay off debt and avoid FFP penalties. If they hadn't got that £30m injection their turnover would have been 155.9 and their wages 164.8, or 106% of turnover. The fact no one seems to care is kinda mind-boggling. The fact they are spending so much and are still shit is also just wtf?
Didn't they get a loan from a Chinese investment firm?, thought that might be a touch too Red for them to be honest.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2021, 11:31:36 pm »
Where is Ham-ezzzzz?

Starting.

And Everton 0-1 Millonarios

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2021, 11:45:34 pm »
Thought Ham-ezzzzz would still be in the land of zzzzzzz sleeping off his tiredness?

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2021, 11:56:47 pm »
Halftime:

0-1

I'm off to the golf course for some practice.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2021, 12:31:11 am »
I turn it on and the fuckers get a penno straight away lol
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2021, 12:34:31 am »
I turn it on and the fuckers get a penno straight away lol

Who wants to watch Everton in the normal season, let alone after midnight in a pre season friendly!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2021, 12:44:51 am »
Who wants to watch Everton in the normal season, let alone after midnight in a pre season friendly!

In my defence the film finished and I saw that they were losing so flicked over whilst I made a brew.

No excuse I know.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2021, 01:40:49 am »
Apparently Everton now have silverware, in a competition involving 2 of europe's top teams and another team named after some shortbread or something, ignore the fact that the best 2 team couldn't be arsed so never bothered showing up, its silverware (I think) and it will sparkle up that trophy cabinet alongside these gems

1977 Morocco Trophy. Mohammed Cup, Casa Blanca

Marbella Trophy. Water skiing woman.

1995 Austrian Football Pepsi Cup

1993 Air Mauritius Cup

Lurgan Pub League Trophy

You don't believe me do you?

http://www.evertoncollection.org.uk/search/results?f1=Type&t1=90000000000000001%3a.9&n=10&s=image&sd=descending&nid=NODE19473

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2021, 01:47:57 am »
Apparently Everton now have silverware, in a competition involving 2 of europe's top teams and another team named after some shortbread or something, ignore the fact that the best 2 team couldn't be arsed so never bothered showing up, its silverware (I think) and it will sparkle up that trophy cabinet alongside these gems

1993 Air Mauritius Cup

Lurgan Pub League Trophy

http://www.evertoncollection.org.uk/search/results?f1=Type&t1=90000000000000001%3a.9&n=10&s=image&sd=descending&nid=NODE19473

You can just discount the cuckoo clock like that. That's their prized possession.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2021, 03:41:33 am »
In my defence the film finished and I saw that they were losing so flicked over whilst I made a brew.

No excuse I know.

Which channel was their match on, Comedy Central?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2021, 08:30:55 am »

1993 Air Mauritius Cup

Lurgan Pub League Trophy

What about The Best Team Named Everton Trophy mate? ;)

I remember watching a vid where a United fan did the stadium tours of both clubs, probably around 2017. Turns out Everton didn't have a trophy room anymore, it had been turned into some kind of (bland looking) corporate suite.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: July 26, 2021, 08:48:35 am »
You can just discount the cuckoo clock like that. That's their prized possession.

Don’t forget the bronze swimming certificate and cycling proficiency badge.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: July 26, 2021, 08:52:38 am »
Chief Evertonian essayist and GOT milk monitor, Catcher, has offered a series of balanced predictions and financial forecasts about LFC.

As you can guess, it’s bad news. That’s right, for the 7th consecutive season (he was busy with his SATs before that), our scholarly brethren has suggested another fallow year for the boys in red. While laying out the finances, Catcher has used incredible levels of guesswork to explain why it’s all doom and gloom - even exposing Liverpool’s huge losses on the sale of Grujic despite having absolutely no facts to back it up. But who cares about facts?

Despite years of never being right about Liverpool, our favourite blue’s confidence is unshakable. Boring everyone else into submission with his long-winded musings is his greatest gift.  His overly-explained reasoning based on pure hope alone is enough to sustain this appallingly bad wordsmith.

Wait for mid-autumn where he explains why he was right all along despite being always wrong.

That lad has got to be a 15 year old? Firstly, because he is still obsessed with The Catcher in the Rye and, secondly, he's too ignorant to read financials.

Everton are in worse shape than their Balance Sheet shows at first glance: Moshiri has had his £300m+ loans presented as equity, so it looks like their BS has gone from being in the red (oof -  they can't have that) to in the black. The loans are still debt. They made £250m in losses in the two years to June 2020 and discounting Moshi's loans in equity, they're essentially £250m in the red, and that's BEFORE the new stadium is built. They also don't own their training facilities. EFC have used hundreds of millions in loans to sign really bad players, of which they'll recover very little (I could see them selling Richarlison to bring some cash in - hence all this hyping of DCL and letting Richarlison stat pad in the Olympics U23 tournament).

Whereas LFC loans are in liabilities yet we are still in the black (£200m and with £149m in cash). LFC have used loans to improve and build new infrastructure (MS, Anny Road, Kirkby training complex) which will generate revenue through match day and academy players (we're already better at generating revenue from academy players who don't make it into the first team).

Everton's financial year ends a month later, which means their Revenue includes more of the games in 19/20 than our accounts, which have 9 games excluded due to the cut-off being 31 May.

All in all, Everton, treating Moshi loans properly as debt (he's unlikely to write-off a good chunk of his fortune), are over £450m worse off than Liverpool as at 30 june 2020. This is before they even start building their new stadium and while we have already started extending Anny Road. With the stadium debt and Moshi's debt, they are probably going to be well over £1bn in debt in a few years...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: July 26, 2021, 08:55:16 am »

1993 Air Mauritius Cup

Lurgan Pub League Trophy

Why've they listed a replica Jules Rimet trophy...??? :lmao :lmao

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: July 26, 2021, 09:02:28 am »
Mad that Richarlison still hasn’t even started his end of season break

Genuinely ridiculous, he will be shot to pieces for the whole season

I could see them selling him mate, they've lost £250m in the two years to 30 June 2020 (and their accounts include more of the media revenue from 19/20 season as their year ends a month later than ours), and that's before making actual progress on the stadium, hence, why they're happy to put him in the shop window padding his stats against kids in the Olympics.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: July 26, 2021, 09:54:59 am »
Where is Ham-ezzzzz?

One of my most recent favourites was that tweet where a had full of blues were saying Hamez is a better player than Gerrard, because Gerrard never did it on the biggest stages. Great stuff.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: July 26, 2021, 10:28:26 am »
I could see them selling him mate, they've lost £250m in the two years to 30 June 2020 (and their accounts include more of the media revenue from 19/20 season as their year ends a month later than ours), and that's before making actual progress on the stadium, hence, why they're happy to put him in the shop window padding his stats against kids in the Olympics.
Would anyone pay a hefty fee for him?

They’d want £70m I reckon… who’s going’s  to pay that in this climate?

He’s not really kicked in since they bought him… he’s still that player that could be really good,  but somehow isn’t
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 26, 2021, 10:36:25 am »

He’s not really kicked in since they bought him… he’s still that player that could be really good,  but somehow isn’t

I'm just speculating as their financials look terrible. I reckon they would take £50m with some sort of unattainable add-ons to fluff the reported value to appease their fans.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #153 on: July 26, 2021, 10:38:36 am »
Predictable as summer rain in England, the work blue started the week by sending the team chat a picture of Everton winning (without winning) that trophy

One hour 38 minutes later and nobody has reacted  ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 10:40:09 am by ToneLa »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #154 on: July 26, 2021, 10:42:19 am »

He's in the Zaha bracket of 'probably outgrown the club he's at, but not provably good enough to warrant the fee it would take to give him that next step.'

£70m would be patently ridiculous but as Tepid says, that sounds about right for what they'd ask. The fee they paid was not far shy of £50m (though about £4m was tied to CL- qualification related add ons, so they'll never have to pay that) so they will want to make a profit. At the end of the day, he's priced as an elite attacker when he's never done anything to justify that - to date his best season (2019/20), he achieved 16 G+A in 40 games, which is pretty good, but nothing beyond that.

He's never scored more than 13 in a league season and never more than 16 across all competition in a season. His underlying stats aren't anything to raise an eyebrow at and he's underperformed his xG for the last three seasons, which suggests some sort of issue with his finishing. He's probably not worth what they paid for him in reality, maybe at a stretch. He's never had as good a season as Jota, to contextualise.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2021, 10:43:41 am »
Is Richarlison in his last year next year? I can't see them selling him this season (as said, not sure anyone would splash out so much on someone not that good) He already wants out so they could be screwed.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2021, 10:48:33 am »
Is Richarlison in his last year next year? I can't see them selling him this season (as said, not sure anyone would splash out so much on someone not that good) He already wants out so they could be screwed.
Two years left.
W

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2021, 11:01:37 am »
One of my most recent favourites was that tweet where a had full of blues were saying Hamez is a better player than Gerrard, because Gerrard never did it on the biggest stages. Great stuff.

I think Hamez only played 24 games for them.
And a lot of them he was subbed off.
Didn’t he complain of fatigue at one point.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #158 on: July 26, 2021, 11:38:22 am »
That lad has got to be a 15 year old? Firstly, because he is still obsessed with The Catcher in the Rye and, secondly, he's too ignorant to read financials.

Everton are in worse shape than their Balance Sheet shows at first glance: Moshiri has had his £300m+ loans presented as equity, so it looks like their BS has gone from being in the red (oof -  they can't have that) to in the black. The loans are still debt. They made £250m in losses in the two years to June 2020 and discounting Moshi's loans in equity, they're essentially £250m in the red, and that's BEFORE the new stadium is built. They also don't own their training facilities. EFC have used hundreds of millions in loans to sign really bad players, of which they'll recover very little (I could see them selling Richarlison to bring some cash in - hence all this hyping of DCL and letting Richarlison stat pad in the Olympics U23 tournament).

Whereas LFC loans are in liabilities yet we are still in the black (£200m and with £149m in cash). LFC have used loans to improve and build new infrastructure (MS, Anny Road, Kirkby training complex) which will generate revenue through match day and academy players (we're already better at generating revenue from academy players who don't make it into the first team).

Everton's financial year ends a month later, which means their Revenue includes more of the games in 19/20 than our accounts, which have 9 games excluded due to the cut-off being 31 May.

All in all, Everton, treating Moshi loans properly as debt (he's unlikely to write-off a good chunk of his fortune), are over £450m worse off than Liverpool as at 30 june 2020. This is before they even start building their new stadium and while we have already started extending Anny Road. With the stadium debt and Moshi's debt, they are probably going to be well over £1bn in debt in a few years...
This is exactly the reason everyone on here is so sceptical they will get the stadium built. In fact, looking at the finances, the only thing worse for Everton than not getting teh stadium built is getting the stadium built.

Most media are ignoring the state of their finances because there is an assumption that either Moshiri or Usmanov will always bail them out, but if that were true why would they be borrowing at extortionate rates (10% on their latest round of borrowing, happily defended on GOT as the norm) and making future bailouts even more expensive?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2021, 01:58:50 pm »
My postie was tellin me this morning his mate works on the BMDs site and they found baby sharks in the bit they were clearing. Slowed things down for a bit