The Liverpool FC Forum > Inspire a RAWKite

Walking and Hiking

<< < (2/9) > >>

Andy @ Allerton!:

--- Quote from: LiamG on September  3, 2019, 05:07:18 pm ---Can anyone recommend me some decent comfy walking boots?

--- End quote ---

I've got some Berghaus ones - they're nice and light and really comfy even for long walks.

I always used to like Brashers, but they are very heavy and I don't like wearing boots I haven't tried - I couldn't get them at the shop in town, so I tried the Berghaus ones and they're great. So good, in fact, that I bought three pairs.

fowlermagic:
Just wondering if anyone has ever walked 30, 40 or 50 miles in one day?  Silly idea popped into my head about doing 50 miles  once the lock down is lifted as there is a great 10 mile loop around the village I could do several times and maybe raise a little money for the local caring home. I know I can walk 20 miles as did it once two years ago but curious if anyone else has walked all day? The impact to the auld 49 year old legs and feet must be severe. 

Stevie-A:

--- Quote from: fowlermagic on April 24, 2020, 09:45:15 am ---Just wondering if anyone has ever walked 30, 40 or 50 miles in one day?  Silly idea popped into my head about doing 50 miles  once the lock down is lifted as there is a great 10 mile loop around the village I could do several times and maybe raise a little money for the local caring home. I know I can walk 20 miles as did it once two years ago but curious if anyone else has walked all day? The impact to the auld 49 year old legs and feet must be severe.

--- End quote ---

I've done a few 50+ milers. My plan was always try and just keep moving, with fewer breaks but a slower overall pace. Eating and drinking on the move was always the key for me (I know this isn't for all). Having friends who were able to meet at food stops was good. My first was Brynamen to Gospel Pass, quite tough but I was fit then! Recently done some big walks in the Lakes and Scotland (>12 hours). Something I would say are now essential are a good pair of walking poles. They make a massive difference. Good luck with it!

Pheeny:

--- Quote from: fowlermagic on April 24, 2020, 09:45:15 am ---Just wondering if anyone has ever walked 30, 40 or 50 miles in one day?  Silly idea popped into my head about doing 50 miles  once the lock down is lifted as there is a great 10 mile loop around the village I could do several times and maybe raise a little money for the local caring home. I know I can walk 20 miles as did it once two years ago but curious if anyone else has walked all day? The impact to the auld 49 year old legs and feet must be severe. 

--- End quote ---
What about nipping over to Holland and doing the Nijmegen March(es)  https://www.4daagse.nl/en/participation/routes.html

Or there is the Dodentocht in Belgium which is 100 km http://www.dodentocht.be/en/

fowlermagic:
Cheers lads as will look into those links as have recently gotten hooked on hiking clips on Youtube so it def encourages me to do something a little challenging. The walk around the village will allow me to use home as a base / food stop every 3 hours or so and just keep going as long as the legs (mind) are willing. Anything raised would be a plus while also feeling like I did something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version