Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3300920 times)

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #26520 on: January 5, 2022, 08:12:26 am »
Three Strikes is excellent.
The media as a whole constantly take Man City seriously and act like they're legit, and The Anfield Wrap has way too often followed that, so it was nice to see a TAW show get stuck into them for once. Great episode and Gareth Roberts is also 100% right that people are starting to get disillusioned with football at the top level at least in part because of the likes of City/PSG/Newcastle, and that's what's causing/helping create greater interest in other tiers or forms of football.

There's no other sport on earth where a competitor would have effectively doped (no not drugs, but financial doping really isn't so far from a swimmer or cyclist using PEDs in my opinion) and yet the media/neutrals/rival fans would shrug their shoulders or even praise them in spite of knowing this. Its bizarre and taking them seriously and at face value is basically doing exactly what their owners are looking for.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2022, 08:14:44 am by decosabute »

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26521 on: January 5, 2022, 09:26:48 am »
Both the Pink and the main TAW got me back on the straight and narrow after a weekend of being fairly fed up with the sport as a whole.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26522 on: January 6, 2022, 05:11:57 pm »
I haven't praised them before, but Neil's Daily Rundown email today was superb. Don't always agree with everything he says (be boring if I did I suppose), but it's easy to take for granted how deeply he thinks about the game and how articulately he expressed it.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26523 on: January 6, 2022, 06:50:54 pm »
I agree with what everyone says about The Review. It is my favorite show by far. I shouted YES when they spoke about how Kante ALWAYS seems to be fit to play vs us. So sick of that man. Wish he played for almost anyone else.

Also, I have loved them talking about how watching games alone is terrible for you. I have been supporting Liverpool for over 15 years now or so and 95% of the matches I have watched alone. I get so so angry. I am glad to know I am not the only one.  ;D

Offline redhokie8

• Kopite
« Reply #26524 on: January 6, 2022, 06:52:24 pm »
Easily the best show they do. Honestly I'd prefer the show be longer.

In my opinion the next evolution would be the analysis between the micro and the macro. They touch on it frequently, but from a coaching perspective, there is a clear delineation between what happens in individual games and the wider context of the how the season plays out, and I think at times how the games fit in contextually gets missed on some level.

The general population often looks at the micro took much they take for granted the overall strategy. The challenges of overcoming the issues of last season while now dealing with how COVID has hit the club is being understated by everyone across the board.

We can compete with City and have the team, squad, and staff to do it. You can not account for your team getting hit by COVID and having games re-arranged while your nearest competitor doesn't deal with any of that.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26525 on: January 6, 2022, 09:23:06 pm »
The Review show has improved greatly over last season and this one.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #26526 on: January 7, 2022, 07:54:28 am »
I'm old enough to remember whenever the review came out this thread would be a handful of people moaning about Sean Rogers.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26527 on: January 7, 2022, 09:01:33 am »
I'm old enough to remember whenever the review came out this thread would be a handful of people moaning about Sean Rogers.

I’m not sure when it came out but I’ve had a subscription since 2018 and I was never a massive fan of him initially, I really like listening to him now. Not sure if anything has changed or, more likely, my tastes have through listening to the show twice a week.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #26528 on: January 7, 2022, 09:14:40 am »
I’m not sure when it came out but I’ve had a subscription since 2018 and I was never a massive fan of him initially, I really like listening to him now. Not sure if anything has changed or, more likely, my tastes have through listening to the show twice a week.

For certain parts it was just Atko and Sean. Then they got Dan Morgan as host and more contributors.

I've never had a problem with Sean, but it could be it's just less Sean as a percentage now

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #26529 on: January 7, 2022, 09:57:58 am »
I might have to give the Review another listen, I stopped quite a while back as it just seemed like I was listening to the same show every week. Sounds like it's improved a lot.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26530 on: January 7, 2022, 09:59:05 am »
For certain parts it was just Atko and Sean. Then they got Dan Morgan as host and more contributors.

I've never had a problem with Sean, but it could be it's just less Sean as a percentage now

I thnik Sean is the best one on the show

am I correct in thinking he has coaching experience?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #26531 on: January 7, 2022, 10:05:55 am »
I thnik Sean is the best one on the show

am I correct in thinking he has coaching experience?

Think he was (or still is?) coach or manager at Mold?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26532 on: January 7, 2022, 10:08:06 am »
Think he was (or still is?) coach or manager at Mold?

really, thats right by me ?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #26533 on: January 7, 2022, 10:30:36 am »
I believe he left Mold a while back. I was sure he said he was concentrating on his legal work

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #26534 on: January 7, 2022, 12:25:12 pm »
I might have to give the Review another listen, I stopped quite a while back as it just seemed like I was listening to the same show every week. Sounds like it's improved a lot.
Interestingly, it's probably a better show when Liverpool are less metronomically good. From Aug 2018 to around July 2020 Liverpool won nearly every match with incredible game management and ruthless efficiency. Week after week we were watching a machine, which I think actually made a show like The Review a tricky endeavour. There seemed to be less things to get your teeth into about Liverpool as the team were so repetitive in their exacting high standards and execution of a game plan.

We now find ourselves in the maelstrom of a tumultuous season with injuries and Covid causing havoc with the starting line up and general performance. The challenges faced by Klopp on a game-by-game basis provide fertile ground for interesting and varied analysis meaning The Review - as a product - is largely better for it.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26535 on: January 7, 2022, 02:23:01 pm »
Interestingly, it's probably a better show when Liverpool are less metronomically good. From Aug 2018 to around July 2020 Liverpool won nearly every match with incredible game management and ruthless efficiency. Week after week we were watching a machine, which I think actually made a show like The Review a tricky endeavour. There seemed to be less things to get your teeth into about Liverpool as the team were so repetitive in their exacting high standards and execution of a game plan.

We now find ourselves in the maelstrom of a tumultuous season with injuries and Covid causing havoc with the starting line up and general performance. The challenges faced by Klopp on a game-by-game basis provide fertile ground for interesting and varied analysis meaning The Review - as a product - is largely better for it.

Ok we've found Neil's burner account :D
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #26536 on: January 7, 2022, 03:01:07 pm »

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26537 on: January 7, 2022, 03:33:23 pm »
Ok we've found Neil's burner account :D

broadly speaking

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #26538 on: January 7, 2022, 11:16:39 pm »

Same
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26539 on: January 8, 2022, 04:35:29 pm »
Sian Bennet is absolutely spot on about he FA Cup, thank you Sian  ;D

Hey, Adam "I can't be bothered with it" Smith, never forget this is what LFC is about  ;)

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26540 on: January 12, 2022, 08:33:00 pm »
Very disappointed Neil wasn't on the gutter to talk about Chris Wood

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26541 on: January 13, 2022, 11:25:07 am »
There hasnt been a "ban this filth for ages"

its a great show, Docking is brilliant on it

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #26542 on: January 13, 2022, 02:51:00 pm »
Very disappointed Neil wasn't on the gutter to talk about Chris Wood
Yep. Feels like I've wasted 8 years of listening...a real smack in the teeth to be honest...

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26543 on: January 14, 2022, 09:27:15 am »
Neil's point about last nights performance being like Benitez's Liverpool pre-Torres was very pertinent. Remember when we bought Yossi and Babel to try to break teams down without the ultimate success.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #26544 on: January 17, 2022, 10:49:13 am »
Boy, that was a boozey and noisy Pink. Some sore heads this morning, I bet. Good to hear an upbeat show - the mood has been a little low across the fanbase for a while now. Almost irrationally so.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #26545 on: January 17, 2022, 02:34:32 pm »
The Review will be out tomorrow rather than today in case you're wondering where it is! Have had to move things around

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #26546 on: January 17, 2022, 05:46:50 pm »
The Review will be out tomorrow rather than today in case you're wondering where it is! Have had to move things around
Preferably before 6.30 AM when I go for a run  ;)
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #26547 on: January 21, 2022, 09:20:40 am »
Can we have a whip round for Kev Walsh?

Sounds like he's still on dial up internet

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26548 on: January 21, 2022, 09:48:43 am »
Can we have a whip round for Kev Walsh?

Sounds like he's still on dial up internet

Was honestly gonna come in and post this about Mo Stewart, love him as a contributor but his connection makes him a hard listen sometimes!
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26549 on: January 21, 2022, 09:53:02 am »
Was honestly gonna come in and post this about Mo Stewart, love him as a contributor but his connection makes him a hard listen sometimes!

and unlike Walsh, Mo is a very likeable and thoughtful contributor

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #26550 on: January 21, 2022, 10:53:35 am »
Werner for Mane...
Reckon Kev Walsh is on a wind up

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #26551 on: January 21, 2022, 12:16:31 pm »
The Post-Match Pint (video) was an avuncular heart-warming cuddle of a show.

Three men totally and utterly enamoured by the football club.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26552 on: January 21, 2022, 06:02:01 pm »
The post-match show was great, I loved the unanimous enthusiasm for the League Cup :)

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26553 on: January 21, 2022, 07:55:13 pm »
10/10 to Rob for his attempt to quote Omar Little during the PMP last night, 4/10 for butchering the line  ;D
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #26554 on: January 25, 2022, 06:53:46 pm »

He's one of my favourite contributors but his connection today on the Top Six show made it sound like he was on helium. Funny for a couple of minutes but then it just gets annoying.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26555 on: January 27, 2022, 08:56:38 am »
Mike Kearney, the Ban This Filth Ombudsman. :lmao

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #26556 on: January 27, 2022, 12:04:59 pm »
There's an Agony recording today.... ;D
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #26557 on: January 27, 2022, 07:14:01 pm »
I see the BBC have decided to change John's surname
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26558 on: January 27, 2022, 07:47:03 pm »
I see the BBC have decided to change John's surname
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool

Great to see Gibbi getting stuff on the BBC, fair play to him

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #26559 on: January 28, 2022, 07:14:17 am »
Gutmann cranking up the Gutter-copter right now or what?