The Liverpool FC Forum > Match Day Commentary

Liverpool 2 v 0 Stoke (Raul Meireles, Luis Alberto Suarez)

(1/18) > >>

BabuYagu:

Liverpool F.C.         v         Stoke City F.C.

Date:                 2 February 2011
Kick-off Time:  20:00 GMT
Venue:              Anfield, Liverpool

Team News:-
A Carroll             Thigh Strain               unavailable
J Carragher        Dislocated Shoulder   doubtful

Let the Luis Alberto Suarez era begin. I'm VERY excited about seeing him in action, I must admit. This boy can score any type of goal from seemingly any angle. He also has that little bit of arrogance that all top players have. He can also hit a free-kick, if Gerrard lets him. However he hasn't played in over a month due to suspension so he may be quite rusty. Don't expect fireworks right away people!!! It is possible Kenny will start with Ngog as starting your first EPL game against an overly physical Stoke when you are not match fit might be a tad harsh. Maybe he would have a greater impact coming on after 60 mins when they are feeling a little leggy.

Lucas (Thigh Strain) is available for selection again. I'm expecting (hoping) he takes over from the improved Poulsen. He wasn't bad in the last 2 games but he wasn't good either and still doesn't offer what Lucas does to the team. I'd also like to see the Lucas+Meireles partnership resume in central midfield but Kenny seems to prefer playing Gerrard in there with Raul in front. I bow to his greater knowledge.

Despite Carragher returning to training, I don't expect him to be fit enough to play today, especially with it being a physical battle against Stoke.

Stoke City are without Higginbotham (Injury) and Shawcross (Suspension).

Lineups to follow in due course.

BabuYagu:

Liverpool F.C.         v         Stoke City F.C.
Reina                                  Begovic
Kyrgiakos                           Wilkinson
Skrtel                                  Faye
Agger                                  Huth
Kelly                                    Higginbotham
Johnson                              Pennant
Aurelio                                Wilson
Lucas                                  Diao
Meireles                              Whitehead
Gerrard                               Walters
Kuyt                                    Carew

Subs
Gulacsi                                Sorensen
Carragher                           Collins
Poulsen                               Whelan
Suarez                                Jones
Maxi                                    Fuller
Ngog                                  Delap
Shelvey                              Etherington

No space for Joe Cole, Jovanovic, Pacheco or Wilson on the bench.

Rory Delap on the bench for them so the long throws won't be the living nightmares that Srktel expected. Maybe he can keep his head this game then!

That looks like a 3-6-1 formation to me.

Reina
Skrtel   Krygiakos   Agger

Kelly                       Lucas                 Johnson   
Meireles               Aurelio
Gerrard

Kuyt
Have to be honest, if Rafa put that lineup out he would be murdered. Could be a tall order winning 3 points with that XI. The positive is we have lots of talent including Suarez on the bench to rescue us if needed.

Refo:
That is one strange lineup! Don't like it, but maybe:

Reina

Kelly Kyrgiakos Skrtel Agger

Lucas    Gerrard

Johnson  Mereiles    Aurelio

Kuyt

I will try to comment as much as I can, but the rolling blackouts will make it hard

BabuYagu:

--- Quote from: Refo on February  2, 2011, 07:16:08 pm ---I will try to comment as much as I can, but the rolling blackouts will make it hard

--- End quote ---

Rolling blackouts... that doesn't sound like any fun. I'm expecting a massive storm to hit us shortly. Can see clouds in the distance and it's been over 40 for 5 straight days now..... so flash flooding is long overdue here!

Refo:

--- Quote from: BabuYagu on February  2, 2011, 07:24:50 pm ---Rolling blackouts... that doesn't sound like any fun. I'm expecting a massive storm to hit us shortly. Can see clouds in the distance and it's been over 40 for 5 straight days now..... so flash flooding is long overdue here!

--- End quote ---

Coldest day in Texas for 15 years. Its like 25 outside right now, was about 15 last night. Everybody is going nuts with power (pun intended).

Edit: Fahrenheit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version