The Liverpool FC Forum > General Football and Sport

Sheffield United ordered to shut parts of Bramall Lane next season

(1/3) > >>

ttnbd:
by the FA.  More soon

ttnbd:

--- Quote ---The Football Association has ordered Sheffield United to close two sections of Bramall Lane for the whole of next season following crowd trouble last season.
The Yorkshire side have also been given a £100,000 fine, suspended until the end of the 2005-06 season.

Blocks G and H of the Laver Stand will not be allowed to reopen until CCTV facilities have been improved to the FA's satisfaction.

The move came after the Blades admitted to two charges of breaching FA rules relating to the behaviour of their fans at two home matches last season.

"The most serious of the charges relates to the match against Sheffield Wednesday at Bramall Lane on 17 January, 2003," said an FA statement.

"Marine distress flares were fired from sections G and H of the Laver Stand, creating a highly dangerous situation which resulted in the injury of a spectator."

United were also given a warning to their future conduct in connection to further trouble in the 22 February home match against Norwich.

The two sections will be netted over while closed and the club has been ordered to publish notices in their match programme reminding spectators of their responsibilities as regards stadium security and safety.

--- End quote ---

KiNki:
hope they close the other two stands too.  And take the scummy s** advertising boards down.  Ignorant bastards.

Armin:
I try and stick up for the Blades Kinki as I used to live in Sheffield and have some good mates who watch them.

I admit some of them are dickheads though :(

Brick Tamland:
Some  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version