The Liverpool FC Forum > General Football and Sport

David Seaman

(1/4) > >>

Roddysul:
..gone to Man City apparently

oojason:
Hope he enjoys it there.

I can't believe the stick he has come in for over the past few years - IMHO an increasingly fickle and demanding media who over-analyse mistakes over world-class saves and ability.

Clem, Shilton, Banks and others must be thinking they werefortunate not to have every facet of their displays analysedwhen they were playing...

Seaman comes accross a decent bloke - anyone remember that Sky One show he did when he managed a sunday pub football team for a part of their season?

hoonin:
He should have quit now, whilst still revered across Europe. I fear peoples perception of him will change (for the worse) in the next year or two if he keeps playing, especially in a sideas avergage as Man City.

Paul:
Apparently Wenger offered him a year extention, with a guaranteed coaching role after that - and he turned it down.

As said above, he should have quit on top. Man City's defence isn't going to do him any favours. And his coaching role with Arse is no longer guaranteed.

Armin:
I think I'd have done the same in his position - better another year of first class football whilst he's still capable (and I reckon he is) than having to coach your replacement all the while thinking you should still be out there.  I'd have signed that contract immediately (as soon as I'd had a haircut).

I also think that Arsenal may keep Wilson there in a part time capacity till seaman finishes up but that depends on how he feels I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version