Author Topic: European Super Cup v Chelsea 14/8  (Read 26342 times)

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
European Super Cup v Chelsea 14/8
« on: June 3, 2019, 08:25:28 am »
I know I’m keen etc but I’m booked up for a weeks holiday to Turkey , internal flights to Istanbul booked etc

41,000 capacity stadium it seems so expecting we'll get 10,000 as standard for this that 70% go to clubs and the public

Know there’s a UEFA ballot soon too

Be nice to win another pot now we’ve got the taste for it again ;D

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: European Super Cup v Chelsea 14/8
« Reply #1 on: June 3, 2019, 08:31:14 am »
I know I’m keen etc but I’m booked up for a weeks holiday to Turkey , internal flights to Istanbul booked etc

41,000 capacity stadium it seems so expecting we'll get 10,000 as standard for this that 70% go to clubs and the public

I’d expect all those who were guaranteed for final will be guaranteed for this and then everyone else who went to final first come first served? Then those who missed out on ballot next maybe? Can’t see it getting down any further. UEFA ballot will be popular too

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 3, 2019, 01:45:51 pm »

I don't think that's right because Real Madrid an Atletico only got 1400 tickets each last year in Estonia with a capacity of 13,000

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 3, 2019, 01:49:38 pm »
I don't think that's right because Real Madrid an Atletico only got 1400 tickets each last year in Estonia with a capacity of 13,000

Only went off uefa.com

Perhaps mean ballot even bigger?!

https://www.uefa.com/uefasupercup/ticketing/

As usual, fans and the general public will be allocated around 70% of the net capacity of the stadium, which has a capacity of about 13,000. The remaining seats will be set aside for the local organising committee, UEFA and national associations, commercial partners and broadcasters.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 3, 2019, 01:51:45 pm »
Only went off uefa.com

Perhaps mean ballot even bigger?!

https://www.uefa.com/uefasupercup/ticketing/

As usual, fans and the general public will be allocated around 70% of the net capacity of the stadium, which has a capacity of about 13,000. The remaining seats will be set aside for the local organising committee, UEFA and national associations, commercial partners and broadcasters.

Ah yeah fair enough. Sounds like we will get 4-5k but there will be about 20k available in the ballot.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 3, 2019, 01:55:58 pm »
Ah yeah fair enough. Sounds like we will get 4-5k but there will be about 20k available in the ballot.

Suspect they’ll change the split given its two English sides- they won’t want too many neutrals mixing you’d think?

Find out soon enough

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 3, 2019, 02:20:37 pm »
Suspect they’ll change the split given its two English sides- they won’t want too many neutrals mixing you’d think?

Find out soon enough
Can’t see many Chelsea fans going for the ballot really?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 3, 2019, 02:21:14 pm »
Club World Cup headed for Qatar. Expensive trip but tickets are usually pretty easy to get through FIFA

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 3, 2019, 06:57:43 pm »
Got all euro homes/aways so thinking of booking this now but only want to take 2 days off work max as I need days for our CL group games later in the year. The reds being boss again is causing me some (nice) problems!

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #9 on: June 3, 2019, 07:57:46 pm »
I’d expect all those who were guaranteed for final will be guaranteed for this and then everyone else who went to final first come first served? Then those who missed out on ballot next maybe? Can’t see it getting down any further. UEFA ballot will be popular too

No way will they proritise those went to the final! They’ll go to those on 7 again then potentially a ballot for the rest. Not our fault we didn’t get a ticket that’d be a kick in the teeth

Offline BaddaBing

• Kemlynite
« Reply #10 on: June 3, 2019, 08:15:01 pm »
Fair chance of getting a spare with no credit from Euro home or away?..
Justice 96!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 3, 2019, 11:08:33 pm »
No way will they proritise those went to the final! They’ll go to those on 7 again then potentially a ballot for the rest. Not our fault we didn’t get a ticket that’d be a kick in the teeth
Perhaps, as with the charity shield there’s no precedent for these types of games and hard to estimate demand. No idea what they’re gonna do. UEFA ballot for me anyway

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #12 on: June 4, 2019, 11:48:53 am »
Perhaps, as with the charity shield there’s no precedent for these types of games and hard to estimate demand. No idea what they’re gonna do. UEFA ballot for me anyway

Yeah we’ll see what happens! I won’t going but I know a lot who missed out in the ballot like myself who’ll want to travel. A ballot would make more sense

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 4, 2019, 11:57:31 am »
Yeah we’ll see what happens! I won’t going but I know a lot who missed out in the ballot like myself who’ll want to travel. A ballot would make more sense

I’m all booked up so hoping to get sorted.

Ticket prices much more reasonable for this too. Might allow to get some off locals

Only slight issue I see was last year these were digital tickets only. That said might mean they go to people who want them rather than to sell

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 4, 2019, 12:37:17 pm »
I’m all booked up so hoping to get sorted.

Ticket prices much more reasonable for this too. Might allow to get some off locals

Only slight issue I see was last year these were digital tickets only. That said might mean they go to people who want them rather than to sell
Yeah ticket prices should be decent, ballot would make sense as you can meet the demand of people who are planning to go, even if you can’t guarantee them a ticket

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #15 on: June 4, 2019, 08:17:20 pm »
Got all euro homes/aways so thinking of booking this now but only want to take 2 days off work max as I need days for our CL group games later in the year. The reds being boss again is causing me some (nice) problems!

Same for me this with the time off work, just hope we dont get many Monday or Friday night home games also!

Do we know when the ballot opens yet?
« Last Edit: June 4, 2019, 08:20:37 pm by AttaRed »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2019, 12:46:50 pm »
https://support.tickets-scup.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029155972-When-and-how-can-I-apply-for-UEFA-Super-Cup-2019-tickets-

Ballot open Tuesday

Tickets €50-€130

Tickets will be delivered to a mobile app a week before the match

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2019, 01:15:20 pm »
Should be fine for credits. Cheers for the heads up though fella.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2019, 01:17:04 pm »
Should be fine for credits. Cheers for the heads up though fella.

No worries

Been checking everywhere for weeks for details

Will be doing a ballot app here, as will all family, friends and the dog ;D

Offline sashraf1066

• Main Stander
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 01:09:31 pm »
https://support.tickets-scup.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029155972-When-and-how-can-I-apply-for-UEFA-Super-Cup-2019-tickets-

Ballot open Tuesday

Tickets €50-€130

Tickets will be delivered to a mobile app a week before the match

Thanks for this. Planned to spend a week in Turkey at the end of August but I'll bring it forward if I can get a couple of tickets.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2019, 01:07:15 pm »
Stupid Question? Where did you guys see the info about the tickets to a mobile app and how does that work?? They  scan your phone or?? What if I get ticket  from the club ballot and want to pass the other to my dad?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 01:23:53 pm »
Stupid Question? Where did you guys see the info about the tickets to a mobile app and how does that work?? They  scan your phone or?? What if I get ticket  from the club ballot and want to pass the other to my dad?

I'd assume it works like most e-ticketing apps. You login and inside the app there's a QR code to scan at the turnstile. If you need to transfer, you probably can just logout on your phone and login on your dad's phone. If not, there's usually an option to download tickets to print in case people don't have smartphones etc. You'll be fine.
YNWA.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2019, 01:25:54 pm »

I believe they did the mobile app tickets for the Europa League final, but there's no mention of them doing it here?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2019, 01:39:54 pm »
I believe they did the mobile app tickets for the Europa League final, but there's no mention of them doing it here?
In the Q&A section of the UEFA website there is, for club allocation could be paper ticket

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2019, 05:19:50 pm »
Anyone know the likelihood of when ticket sales via the club will be announced ?

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2019, 05:53:15 pm »
https://www.uefa.com/uefasupercup/news/0252-0cc46354e8dc-c8796f839f86-1000--uefa-super-cup-tickets-on-sale-from-tuesday/?iv=true

Tickets go on sale from UEFA tomorrow so I suppose the club should have already received its allocation, so hopefully tickets selling criteria should be released soon.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2019, 06:12:22 pm »
78% to clubs and public ballot so hopefully club will get ~10k tickets

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2019, 06:19:14 pm »
Clubs only got 10% of capacity last year

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2019, 06:24:47 pm »

It’s not very clear is it. The way it’s worded it not 100% clear if the clubs will get tickets or the only way to apply is through UEFA. On past form it’s also unlikely the Liverpool selling details will be out by the time you need to accept UEFA ballot tickets if successful.

Normally with these announcements they say how many tickets  are in the ballot, from which we’d be able to work out any club allocation. The vagueness doesn’t allow this.
Long live the King

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2019, 06:26:45 pm »
It’s not very clear is it. The way it’s worded it not 100% clear if the clubs will get tickets or the only way to apply is through UEFA. On past form it’s also unlikely the Liverpool selling details will be out by the time you need to accept UEFA ballot tickets if successful.

Normally with these announcements they say how many tickets  are in the ballot, from which we’d be able to work out any club allocation. The vagueness doesn’t allow this.
Clubs will get tickets, they also say you have 10 days to pay for tickets once ballot results are out, clubs will have gotten and allocated tickets by then

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2019, 06:42:53 pm »
Clubs will get tickets, they also say you have 10 days to pay for tickets once ballot results are out, clubs will have gotten and allocated tickets by then

It’s says email from UEFA by mid-July, then 10 days to pay, taking us to maybe 25 July at the latest. On past form Liverpool don’t announce selling details till around two weeks before the game. I can see a situation where our fans are unsure whether to buy ballot tickets because the club hasn’t announced anything.
Long live the King

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2019, 06:48:26 pm »
Clubs only got 10% of capacity last year

Due to the ridiculous capacity I think

No reason why we won’t get a decent allocation here

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2019, 08:02:56 pm »
It’s says email from UEFA by mid-July, then 10 days to pay, taking us to maybe 25 July at the latest. On past form Liverpool don’t announce selling details till around two weeks before the game. I can see a situation where our fans are unsure whether to buy ballot tickets because the club hasn’t announced anything.
No reason LFC can’t announce by mid-July, although going on UCL history this is fair. I hope club realise the UEFA ballot and announce accordingly

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2019, 08:03:30 pm »
Due to the ridiculous capacity I think

No reason why we won’t get a decent allocation here
perhaps, I couldn’t seem to find previous years for clubs but I’m sure it’s out there somewhere

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2019, 10:25:19 am »
So, the UEFA sale today won't include Cat 3 tickets behind the goals, as they'll be reserved for the clubs surely, won't they ?

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2019, 10:47:53 am »
So, the UEFA sale today won't include Cat 3 tickets behind the goals, as they'll be reserved for the clubs surely, won't they ?

It will. Did for Champions League final.
Long live the King

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2019, 11:34:10 am »
It will. Did for Champions League final.
Yeah, but there has to be a big chunk reserved for the clubs surely - or maybe they've already been allocated to the clubs ? I thought usually, the Uefa ballot for 'neutral' tickets was for the sides of the stadium.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 11:35:47 am by Thepooloflife »

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2019, 12:04:39 pm »
What's everyone saying then, go for tickets today? Too much uncertainty going on  :no

Offline Danthemanaussiered

• Main Stander
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2019, 12:06:53 pm »
What's everyone saying then, go for tickets today? Too much uncertainty going on  :no

A friend of mine rang the club and their advice was to apply for tickets and then make a decision on whether to go ahead with the purchase or go with LFC allocation in July. Not really helpful is it. It would be nice to even know the allocation size.

In fact it would be good to not even have a public ballot till after the clubs decide how much they need.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2019, 01:02:09 pm »
5,257 initial club allocation