Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3079720 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #3200 on: May 26, 2023, 05:01:31 pm »
Can people stop talking about Bellingham? We are never meeting his £350,000 per week after tax wage demands. The boy and his father are money grabbers, and we don't like people like that anywhere near our club ...

You keep mentioning that Bellingham is demanding £350k a week after taxes, have you actually got anything to back that up Peter. Or have you just plucked a number out of the air.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3201 on: May 26, 2023, 05:08:08 pm »
Not really arsed on how he looks or has looked for Brighton and Argentina, good or bad.

Without sounding like a bore these days I pin expectations on the player becoming potentially amazing down to the fact Klopp wants him and how he can turn decent players into world class superstars or thereabouts. Always a dud or two in there (I think Klopp and the rest of us will always be both confused and gutted about how Naby turned out) but generally they work out incredibly well i.e Mane, Salah, Robbo, Wijnaldum etc, etc.

Hopefully he gets signed asap and we can start looking forward to next season and putting this shite behind us.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #3202 on: May 26, 2023, 05:15:13 pm »
Every player I've seen us linked to has been pretty expensive, I don't really understand who these bargains are that people are holding out for.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3203 on: May 26, 2023, 05:17:44 pm »
I must admit, I'd be very happy with this signing. I haven't paid much attention to him until the World Cup and the first links to us, but since then I've been watching him on quite a few ocassions, and I am very confident that he will be a huge player for us.

I understand why some people don't share my enthusiasm (yet), since Mac Allister is one of those "jack of all trades, master of none" players, but I have a feeling that he will be an absolutely perfect fit for Jurgen's midfield, exactly because of that ...

He is a good all rounder, let’s see if we get the deal closed first and what the rest of the business looks like, i think part of the logic is to give us more variation in how we set up our attacks so it doesn’t all come through Trent

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3204 on: May 26, 2023, 05:55:50 pm »
Every player I've seen us linked to has been pretty expensive, I don't really understand who these bargains are that people are holding out for.

non PL players not named Bellingham!

But there now seems to be a concerted effort to go for players already settled in this league.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3205 on: May 26, 2023, 05:58:48 pm »
As long as it’s comunicado and not incommunicado or, even worse, excommunicado.

I'm thinking of going incommunicomando

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3206 on: May 26, 2023, 06:04:46 pm »
He's a very good player but I'm still not convinced about the price.  There has to better value out there, especially with our limited budget.

But with proven PL experience and already settled in England and knows the language and culture?

Naby Keita looked amazing in Germany and it didn't work. If you can get a proven PL player at that age who's ready to make the next step i think its a safer bet than bringing in someone like Barella who's looked very good in Italy but we don't know how he'd play/settle here.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3207 on: May 26, 2023, 06:09:21 pm »
César Luis Merlo
@CLMerlo
Alexis Mac Allister's arrival in Liverpool comes at a key moment: everything is well advanced and next week his father and agent will travel to England.
*The contractual offer is up to 2028 and it remains to finish accelerating and close the exit with Brighton.

Looks like next week we get comunicado oficial!
Excellent. When I've seen him his passing (forwards) will be great for us.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3208 on: May 26, 2023, 06:17:23 pm »
But with proven PL experience and already settled in England and knows the language and culture?

Naby Keita looked amazing in Germany and it didn't work. If you can get a proven PL player at that age who's ready to make the next step i think its a safer bet than bringing in someone like Barella who's looked very good in Italy but we don't know how he'd play/settle here.
That's a bit unfair on Keita mate. It's not like he was Ali Dia. Had loads of talent and sometimes showed it but injuries and other issues did for him.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3209 on: May 26, 2023, 06:22:18 pm »
He's a very good player but I'm still not convinced about the price.  There has to better value out there, especially with our limited budget.

I think it's lower than we may think.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #3210 on: May 26, 2023, 06:39:31 pm »

Naby was not a bargain by any means... We cannot be looking to buy loads of PL proven lads just because the premium is going to be mad. Macallister should be enough for that. We need to look outwards, there are players. City got Perrone done last january for pretty good value from south america and now the dont have to worry about gundogan leaving. This is where we have been poor. The planning has to be like when we got Diaz done 6 months before Mane left. Thats how it is supposed to work.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3211 on: May 26, 2023, 06:48:23 pm »
You keep mentioning that Bellingham is demanding £350k a week after taxes, have you actually got anything to back that up Peter. Or have you just plucked a number out of the air.

Al, we have enough resident bitching and moaning drama queens in this thread. Please go back to the FSG thread ...

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3212 on: May 26, 2023, 07:15:59 pm »
We're spending big this summer mate. Just wait and see.

Nah summer 2024 will be the big one. You wait and see!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3213 on: May 26, 2023, 07:24:34 pm »
As long as it’s comunicado and not incommunicado or, even worse, excommunicado.
I'd have preferred it to be bombazo to be honest

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3214 on: May 26, 2023, 07:27:26 pm »
I mentioned four players earlier, but just want to agree with the viewpoint that if Kone and Lavia are going for similar money, Kone would be the one I’d go for. Kone and MacAllister could go straight into the team.

I’m not altogether sure what to make of Gravenberch. I think his ceiling is extremely high, and he could be molded to play a couple of midfield roles. I suspect Bayern Munich know they’ve got a player, which is why they will want to keep him, but on the other hand, he hasn’t been playing much and they will strengthen their midfield this summer too.

Some might be underwhelmed with his signing, but in a couple of years he might prove to be the best of the lot.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #3215 on: May 26, 2023, 07:33:03 pm »
Get in! We can wait til deadline day to miss out on our targets! Love it.
As long as we have the money for said signing.. I'm okay with it. That was our issue last time out. Le money.
Seems the player Klopp is hinting at, isn't currently "available" so... we either f* him off and go for next in line, or wait.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #3216 on: May 26, 2023, 07:35:43 pm »
Watched this compilation of his time at Bolton the other day and I'm not sure where he fits in, he would've been perfect as backup to Trent in our previous formation.  I'm going to whisper this under my breath, but watching this there were shades of Bale when he was a fullback.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JxE6Pm8aDog" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JxE6Pm8aDog</a>
Wow! This lad is quality!
He's a bit of a hard man too... and a sneaky bastard with those elbows, the sneaky handball, and leaving the boot in. Proper player the opposition will absolutely hate with a passion.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 07:41:55 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3217 on: May 26, 2023, 08:29:32 pm »
I've found the lack of links this season to Asensio quite surprising. Every window without fail he's linked, then the one in which he'll be leaving Madrid for free and there's just ... nothing about it. Strange one.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #3218 on: May 26, 2023, 08:34:54 pm »
I've found the lack of links this season to Asensio quite surprising. Every window without fail he's linked, then the one in which he'll be leaving Madrid for free and there's just ... nothing about it. Strange one.

CaughtOffside linked him with Arsenal he rejects final contract offer...
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3219 on: May 26, 2023, 08:51:39 pm »

Ascencio’s stock has descenscio’d off a cliff

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3220 on: May 26, 2023, 09:32:08 pm »
Watched this compilation of his time at Bolton the other day and I'm not sure where he fits in, he would've been perfect as backup to Trent in our previous formation.  I'm going to whisper this under my breath, but watching this there were shades of Bale when he was a fullback.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JxE6Pm8aDog" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JxE6Pm8aDog</a>
Don't think he's got the searing pace Bale had (but who has?) and I've no idea whether he can hit a ball like Bale can, but after watching that I completely get where you're coming from. I know it's just a youtube compilation but he looks like he could end up a very, very good player. As you say, don't quite know where he'd fit in but I'd love to see us give him a decent shot in the near future.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #3221 on: May 26, 2023, 09:40:22 pm »

Scuze ma ignorance... but I dunno who that is.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3222 on: May 26, 2023, 09:41:12 pm »
Mac #8 don't rule it out.  8)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3223 on: May 26, 2023, 09:41:25 pm »
Scuze ma ignorance... but I dunno who that is.
The great Harrison Reed iirc.

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #3224 on: May 26, 2023, 09:44:32 pm »
Don't think he's got the searing pace Bale had (but who has?) and I've no idea whether he can hit a ball like Bale can, but after watching that I completely get where you're coming from. I know it's just a youtube compilation but he looks like he could end up a very, very good player. As you say, don't quite know where he'd fit in but I'd love to see us give him a decent shot in the near future.

He's not Bale. He's Darren Anderton. Same sort of pace and gait.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3225 on: May 26, 2023, 09:44:35 pm »

He looks decent going forwards, certainly has a premier league career ahead of him but not sure if he’s good enough for us

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
« Reply #3226 on: May 26, 2023, 09:59:02 pm »
Gravenberch and Ignacio do seem a bit more out there so in need of the analytics, I think they'll costs about £60 mill for the two but that doesn't seem outrageous.

I think £60 million for Mac Allister isn't bad with the running rate - for a midfielder performing very well for club and country (in the PL for the club) in today's market that seems fine when you consider midfielders from lower leagues or midfielders doing poorly cost £50 million.

Lavia for £40 million seems like a bad deal right now, that's the one I would be questioning

Midfielders:

Keita £53m years ago
Caicedo £70m bid by Arsenal in January
Enzo Fernandez £107m
Tchouameni £85m including add-ons (per the Guardian)
Chelsea insisting on £55m for Mount from ManU, one year left on his contract (today’s Independent)
Mac Allister is bound by contract including an option at the club’s discretion until June 2026, he’s a WC winner who’s bossed the PL.  How much the market valuation for him?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3227 on: May 26, 2023, 10:12:40 pm »
Al, we have enough resident bitching and moaning drama queens in this thread. Please go back to the FSG thread ...

As I suspected you are just bullshitting as usual.  ;D

Come on you have definitively stated that Bellingham wants £350k after Tax. So either put up or shut up.

Show us a scrap of evidence for your assertions.  ;)
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3228 on: May 26, 2023, 10:14:14 pm »
Midfielders:

Keita £53m years ago
Caicedo £70m bid by Arsenal in January
Enzo Fernandez £107m
Tchouameni £85m including add-ons (per the Guardian)
Chelsea insisting on £55m for Mount from ManU, one year left on his contract (today’s Independent)
Mac Allister is bound by contract including an option at the club’s discretion until June 2026, he’s a WC winner who’s bossed the PL.  How much the market valuation for him?

It isn't a market valuation though. There have been numerous reports that Mac Allister has a buyout in his contract that we can exercise.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3229 on: May 26, 2023, 10:14:25 pm »
I'm increasingly excited by Mac Allister. His form towards the end of the season wasn't great, but he's a really good age, versatile, excels at everything and has performed on the biggest of stages. He feels like a player who is about to explode. Looks like he's our 'marquee' signing this summer, I just hope it's as done as the Argentinian journo's are saying.

Not sure who I'd pick for our other midfielder. I'd want a similar profile in terms of stage of development and quality. Mount would have been good. None of the other players we're linked with are very similar. Lavia and Gravenberch are project signings and I don't expect them to improve us much straight away. Ugarte is a favourite on here but I'm not sure where he plays in this system and if the links are even genuine. Thuram looks great on YouTube but isn't he a 6 too? Gallagher and Nunes rubbish.

In my mind Mac Allister is taking that LCM role, so there's still a gaping hole at RCM where I feel our biggest weakness is. I'm sure we'll sign another midfielder in that position and it's pretty likely that we haven't been properly linked to whoever that will be yet.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3230 on: May 26, 2023, 10:15:28 pm »
I mentioned four players earlier, but just want to agree with the viewpoint that if Kone and Lavia are going for similar money, Kone would be the one I’d go for. Kone and MacAllister could go straight into the team.

I’m not altogether sure what to make of Gravenberch. I think his ceiling is extremely high, and he could be molded to play a couple of midfield roles. I suspect Bayern Munich know they’ve got a player, which is why they will want to keep him, but on the other hand, he hasn’t been playing much and they will strengthen their midfield this summer too.

Some might be underwhelmed with his signing, but in a couple of years he might prove to be the best of the lot.

Not sure about Kone. Watching YouTube highlights he looked great but watching a real game Weigl looked way better than him. The Bundesliga can make players look better than they are, very average league.

• Kopite
« Reply #3231 on: May 26, 2023, 10:29:40 pm »
It isn't a market valuation though. There have been numerous reports that Mac Allister has a buyout in his contract that we can exercise.

The source everyone quotes on that is Ornstein, who admits the details aren’t known at all, except it’s atypical with Brighton having the final say.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 10:53:18 pm by LifelongRed,Sussex »

• Kopite
« Reply #3232 on: May 26, 2023, 10:32:20 pm »
I'm increasingly excited by Mac Allister. His form towards the end of the season wasn't great, but he's a really good age, versatile, excels at everything and has performed on the biggest of stages. He feels like a player who is about to explode. Looks like he's our 'marquee' signing this summer, I just hope it's as done as the Argentinian journo's are saying.

Not sure who I'd pick for our other midfielder. I'd want a similar profile in terms of stage of development and quality. Mount would have been good. None of the other players we're linked with are very similar. Lavia and Gravenberch are project signings and I don't expect them to improve us much straight away. Ugarte is a favourite on here but I'm not sure where he plays in this system and if the links are even genuine. Thuram looks great on YouTube but isn't he a 6 too? Gallagher and Nunes rubbish.

In my mind Mac Allister is taking that LCM role, so there's still a gaping hole at RCM where I feel our biggest weakness is. I'm sure we'll sign another midfielder in that position and it's pretty likely that we haven't been properly linked to whoever that will be yet.

There was a dip in form post WC return, a hangover?  But in the last few weeks/months he’s been largely magnificent.  At home to ManU a great example, even the diplomatic BBC said their only answer in the end was kicking him.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3233 on: May 26, 2023, 10:38:07 pm »
Quote from Kloppo from embargoed section.   ;D

If a player ever came to me & told me that we didn’t qualify (For Champions League) so I have to leave, I would drive him to the other club.”

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3234 on: May 26, 2023, 10:40:04 pm »
Currently we have 3 midfielders - Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson. I'm not including Bajcetic because he should go on loan, and I'm not including Harvey and Carvalho since they are not exactly midfielders and Carvalho is probably moving this summer.

Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson. That list is thin as fuck. Take into consideration Thiago's injury record and Hendo's age - yeah, we should invest heavily in midfield.

Since we moved Gini, Mane and now Milner, our list of leaders is getting shorter each year also. How's Mac Allister in terms of leadership?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3235 on: May 26, 2023, 10:40:15 pm »
I'm feeling quite relaxed about it all really. Rumours come, rumours go, Bellingham came, Bellingham went, we move on and we will find 2 or 3 players that will make us better. The reason I'm quite calm is that with the exception of Bellingham I don't feel there is some outstanding 'must sign him' kind of player who we need to put all our emotions behind getting, there are a good dozen CMs out there who would improve us a decent amount, so I'm not sitting here pining for 1 or 2 and thinking we're doomed if we don't get them. If we have a list of 7 or 8 and get 2 or 3 of them, I'll be happy with them because ultimately I know Jurgen realises how important this summer is and will not bring anyone in that he doesn't think he can develop into a top player. So I'll wait and see who we get and look forward to August.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3236 on: May 26, 2023, 10:41:30 pm »
Currently we have 3 midfielders - Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson. I'm not including Bajcetic because he should go on loan, and I'm not including Harvey and Carvalho since they are not exactly midfielders and Carvalho is probably moving this summer.

Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson. That list is thin as fuck. Take into consideration Thiago's injury record and Hendo's age - yeah, we should invest heavily in midfield.

Since we moved Gini, Mane and now Milner, our list of leaders is getting shorter each year also. How's Mac Allister in terms of leadership?

You’ve missed out Jones. Still thin though.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3237 on: May 26, 2023, 10:46:26 pm »
I don't see why Bajcetic should, or needs, to go out on loan. He's young enough to not need 1000s minutes next season and we'll have 6 Europa + at least 2 domestic cup matches for him. He was also trusted over senior players this year until he got injured. He'll get plenty opportunities next year if he's fit. And Elliott played pretty much exclusively in midfield, although fans have some weird thing about not wanting to call him midfielder Klopp clearly does see him as an option there.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 10:48:04 pm by Chris~ »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3238 on: May 26, 2023, 10:49:21 pm »

Rick Rude would be ashamed of you.

Offline Elblanco twatto

• Main Stander
« Reply #3239 on: May 26, 2023, 11:00:35 pm »
Mac #8 don't rule it out.  8)
Peter has mentioned about living through the Bosnia war, full credit and respect to him. No offense implied or intended but surely his age would make your suggestion a no-go?