Author Topic: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.  (Read 107311 times)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: Reds reaffirm Anfield Road commitment
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2019, 12:59:17 pm »
Wonder how these tickets will be split, I know it’s a couple years away and the ticket structure may be different by then but I Hope most go to members

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2019, 01:02:50 pm »
Haven't they said there's not much scope for corporate in the Anny Road end?

Think that was why they have always been reluctant to do it

Maybe to make up for the lack of corporate they are building more seats than originally planned, that seems to be the line anyway

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2019, 01:03:51 pm »
Wonder how these tickets will be split, I know it’s a couple years away and the ticket structure may be different by then but I Hope most go to members

Fella on stadium tour in July said most will go at ST waiting list so by definition guess will help members sales

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2019, 01:05:08 pm »
Just over 60k is about the maximum that could be reached by revamping the Annie road end.

Anyone hoping for much more will be waiting for the mop or king Kenny stand to be done.

If we got much more then we'd wipe the floor with the opposition.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2019, 01:06:01 pm »
Is there a spade in the ground yet? Get on with it !

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2019, 01:07:22 pm »
Always wondered what would happen to the actual road itself, would it be closed off or moved back if possible as surely they’d have to build out backwards to create room for the extra capacity.
Also imagine this won’t happen as quickly as the Main Stand if they need to include new infrastructure like a new metro/rail link which has been mentioned previously as a requirement to this size of crowd
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2019, 01:21:03 pm »
Maybe we should go all futuristic and build a monorail from town straight to the ground. 😁🚝

Or just run an extension from the Overhead Railway - oh, wait... ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2019, 01:21:23 pm »
good news. Excited to see what the plans are.

Can develop the Kenny stand in time for the presentation of our 10th European Cup in front of 74,000 in the future
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2019, 01:21:28 pm »
Always wondered what would happen to the actual road itself, would it be closed off or moved back if possible as surely they’d have to build out backwards to create room for the extra capacity.
Also imagine this won’t happen as quickly as the Main Stand if they need to include new infrastructure like a new metro/rail link which has been mentioned previously as a requirement to this size of crowd

The club own all the space over the road now, its car parks and that kids zone thing. They could build over the road making a tunnel. Lower tier entrances along the road side, upper tier entrances on the other side of the road in a newly built footprint.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2019, 01:28:09 pm »
Surely when you get your season ticket your membership card will become invalid.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2019, 01:28:45 pm »
Fella on stadium tour in July said most will go at ST waiting list so by definition guess will help members sales
You’d hope so, depends if people on list have active memberships, most of these people will have been on list for 20 years so hard to say where they stand on getting a ticket etc

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2019, 01:31:17 pm »
Big few days on this.  Don’t be surprised if some noise starts soon.

Friday perhaps?  Usual caveats apply of course.  8) ;D

good news. Excited to see what the plans are.

Can develop the Kenny stand in time for the presentation of our 10th European Cup in front of 74,000 in the future

Be realistic mate.  There's no way we're redeveloping the Kenny stand by 2023. ;)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 01:33:02 pm by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2019, 01:33:13 pm »
Might explain the no budget this summer?
When did we announce that we didn't have a budget this summer?
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2019, 01:37:03 pm »
From the Guardian, not much to add really. Booooo.

Liverpool have confirmed they are to abandon current plans to redevelop Anfield in favour of a more ambitious scheme that will increase the stadium’s capacity beyond 60,000.

Liverpool’s owners, Fenway Sports Group, have been reconsidering existing proposals to rebuild the Anfield Road end for several months and on Thursday the club announced that: “ambitious new plans now under active consideration.”

Under the existing planning application, submitted as part of the redevelopment of the Main Stand at Anfield, Liverpool can add an extra 4,000 seats to the Anfield Road end, raising overall capacity from 54,074 to over 58,000. Outline planning permission for the Anfield Road project is due to expire next month.

With demand for tickets to see Jürgen Klopp’s European champions far exceeding supply, Liverpool will allow the planning permission to lapse in September as they work on alternative designs for the Anfield Road end. A planning application for a larger redevelopment will be submitted to Liverpool city council in due course.

Andy Hughes, Liverpool’s chief operating officer, said: “The progress that has been made during ongoing feasibility studies has resulted in us being in a position to allow the outline planning permission to lapse.

“We are committed to working with local residents, planning officials and others as we now focus on the detail behind any proposed redevelopment for Anfield Road. Throughout this process we have been clear that our objective is to find the best possible solution for Anfield Road and that remains the case.”

Liverpool’s new Main Stand was opened in 2016 following a lengthy and controversial process that angered many Anfield residents. It was funded by a £100m loan from FSG and, as well as increasing capacity by 9,000 seats, has had a significant impact on Liverpool’s corporate and match-day revenue. In a statement confirming Thursday’s decision, the club said it was: “committed to engaging with the local community and other key stakeholders while pursuing a vision in keeping with the club’s aspirations.”

The Anfield area is continuing to undergo much-needed regeneration and Liverpool will have to overcome transport infrastructure issues with a planning application for a new and increased Anfield Road end.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2019, 01:38:51 pm »
When did we announce that we didn't have a budget this summer?

When we didn't spend a penny and when Klopp hinted many, many times the money wasn't there.

"We have to pay our bills"
"This is not our year for spending"
"It sounds funny but we couldn't afford Coutinho"

All actual quotes

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2019, 01:49:26 pm »
Shiny new stand in 2022 is the plan!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2019, 01:52:28 pm »
Stadiums don't fall within FFP so it won't be that.

Online meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2019, 01:55:17 pm »
Shiny new stand in 2022 is the plan!

Whole 'New' stand or half a new stand stuck on to the old one

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2019, 01:56:22 pm »
It's money coming out of the owners pocket though isn't it.

Spurs didn't spend around the stadium being built, Arsenal didn't either.

I'd rather think it was because of the stand because if not, then well, that's probably not for this part of the forum.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2019, 01:58:32 pm »
When we didn't spend a penny and when Klopp hinted many, many times the money wasn't there.

"We have to pay our bills"
"This is not our year for spending"
"It sounds funny but we couldn't afford Coutinho"

All actual quotes
I don't believe for 1 second that if Klopp had gone to the owners and said that he wants to try and sign a certain player, they would have told him that they cannot afford him.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2019, 01:59:17 pm »
I don't believe for 1 second that if Klopp had gone to the owners and said that he wants to try and sign a certain player, they would have told him that they cannot afford him.

I disagree, but fair enough.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2019, 02:02:00 pm »

Spurs didn't spend around the stadium being built, Arsenal didn't either.

I'd rather think it was because of the stand because if not, then well, that's probably not for this part of the forum.

No, it's not what's coming out of their pockets.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2019, 02:03:19 pm »
No, it's not what's coming out of their pockets.

Yes, it is.

They loaned us the money for the main stand themselves.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2019, 02:19:26 pm »
Whole 'New' stand or half a new stand stuck on to the old one

6000ish in the lower at present.  If they rebuilt it they would have to have more space for each seat to go with regs so less seats for the same footprint.  Imagine they would want to do something similar to the Main Stand and keep the existing seats in use whilst they build behind.  Either way the existing upper is for the chop meaning a 2500 reduction in capacity for however long.  We will hopefully find out soon.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2019, 02:37:54 pm »
Another option if there's no corporate is naming rights deals of course.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2019, 02:56:48 pm »
One of the main financial sticking points with the Annie Road was the gas main that runs along it and costs for diversion...but that was made on the fincial forecasts of redevelopment..what 5 years or so ago?...even the most optimistic forecasts would have been below where we are now..so the club can now see a major redevelopment being more cost effective i.e a much larger stand and facilities..and if all options being considered why not inc Kenny Stand  and dare I say Kop...but we'll see ......
....biggest challenge is what happens post Brexit.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2019, 03:03:48 pm »
There are massive issues with both the Kenny (houses) and Kop (main road) which are extremely tough to find a solution to.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2019, 03:10:45 pm »

There'll be various forms of loans or whatever to finance these developments. Read somewhere today that much of Spurs' stadium debt is being converted into bonds for them to repay over varying periods. I'd imagine we have some sort of credit facility.
YNWA.

Online meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2019, 03:11:08 pm »
These owners will never go on past the Anfield Road end. They'll be more than happy with 60k. Cant see the other 2 stands getting done within 20 years and who knows where we'll be then. The only other change will be safe standing on the Kop if/when that comes in and we choose to have it.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2019, 03:13:33 pm »
Yeah I get that's what normally happens, bit different with Spurs building a £1billion stadium and our £110m stand though.

I'm sure the Echo insisted the Main Stand was 100% a loan from the owners and wasn't financed by any bank loan or credit facility, I could be wrong though.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2019, 03:13:46 pm »
Delighted to hear this news. I’m around 3000 on season ticket waiting list so the dream is back on. Might just get one in a few years time.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2019, 03:28:19 pm »
It was more a flight of fancy than any real belief..I don think we do see a redeveloped Annie Road for three seasons minimum...

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2019, 03:28:40 pm »
Delighted to hear this news. I’m around 3000 on season ticket waiting list so the dream is back on. Might just get one in a few years time.

James Pearce in a Q&A on The Athletic says it’ll be minimum 6K extra seats and he thinks around half will go to season tickets. Don’t know if he’s guessing or has info but you could be in luck

Online meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2019, 03:34:21 pm »
James Pearce in a Q&A on The Athletic says it’ll be minimum 6K extra seats and he thinks around half will go to season tickets. Don’t know if he’s guessing or has info but you could be in luck

He definitely said 2999 will go on season tickets

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2019, 03:35:06 pm »

:D

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2019, 03:35:43 pm »

Just checked and he’s said it’ll go to 2999, skip 3000, then start from 3001.

Tough luck, Keith

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2019, 04:22:14 pm »
Capacity of 61,879 please.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2019, 04:34:30 pm »
It was more a flight of fancy than any real belief..I don think we do see a redeveloped Annie Road for three seasons minimum...

These owners will never go on past the Anfield Road end.

:-\ cheer up! It's finally happening!

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2019, 04:42:55 pm »
do you reckon we could sell out 70,000 seats if it was possible to expand that far one day
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."