Author Topic: Kirkby upgrade for 1st team??  (Read 122261 times)

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
Re: Kirkby upgrade for 1st team??
« Reply #160 on: September 3, 2020, 08:06:53 am »
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #161 on: September 3, 2020, 09:27:13 am »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 3, 2020, 02:00:03 pm »
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/09/liverpools-ingenious-way-of-showing-youngsters-path-to-first-team-at-new-kirkby-training-ground/

Liverpool academy director Alex Inglethorpe has revealed a simple but ingenious way of representing the pathway for youngsters to the first team at the new-look Kirkby.

The Reds are yet to move into their new £50 million training ground, with Jurgen Klopp making the decision to remain at Melwood due to the unusual circumstances heading into the new campaign.

Having been set to relocate to Kirkby, where they will train on the same site as every other age group, this summer, this will now come later in the campaign.

From the under-9s up, every player will then report to the same training ground, albeit with clear distinction in the facilities from the academy to the first team.

That is to ensure youngsters are not under the impression they have ‘made it’ if they are sharing corridors with the likes of Trent Alexander-Arnold and Mohamed Salah, but Liverpool have worked to build a physical representation of that pathway.

Inglethorpe, speaking to Training Ground Guru, has explained how the pitches players train on will get closer to that of the senior squad with every age group, meaning the under-23s will be nearest to Klopp and his squad.

“It will be a fantastic opportunity for them,” he said of the move and its impact on the players he oversees.

“I think it’s great that the younger players can look up the pathway where we are now and sort of 200 yards away they can see the first-team building.

“With every year, the pitch they’ll play on will get slightly closer towards that".

Inglethorpe is hoping that the move will occur “in the not-too-distant future,” with his belief that the first team will switch over to Kirkby this season.

However, he stressed that the combining of the facilities would be a mere gesture if the bond between the academy and senior setups was not strong.

“Ultimately it’s about relationships, and it means little if the relationship between the academy and the first team isn’t in a good place,” he continued.

“So we’re very, very fortunate, whether it’s been here at Kirkby or at Melwood, that we’ve had a very good relationship and a strong relationship with the first team.

“[And this] certainly has meant that the geography of where we are has not been quite so important.”

Key to that relationship is the trust of Klopp himself, and the faith he has in young players, with Inglethorpe paying him the “best compliment” he can.

“Jurgen from day one has been fantastic, he’s trusted what we’re doing. I definitely don’t think we’re being micromanaged in any way,” he said.

“I think that he takes a very, very healthy interest in what we do, and the best compliment that I can pay him is he knows the players’ names.

“Whether it’s the under-18s or under-23s, he’ll know them and he’ll work with them.

“I think we’ve probably had to earn that trust a little bit, by the players that go up there, they’ve had to carry the name of the academy and prove that they are capable of being in and around the first team.

“But I feel there’s a level of trust, he trusts us to hopefully go about our business of developing young players.”

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #163 on: September 3, 2020, 02:03:46 pm »
Its hardly ingenious, Southampton have been doing it for about 15 years.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: September 3, 2020, 02:07:47 pm »
Someone posted this on Twitter today, showing the complex.

https://twitter.com/ChantLFC/status/1301506117865033728
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #165 on: September 3, 2020, 02:08:22 pm »
Someone posted this on Twitter today, showing the complex.

https://twitter.com/ChantLFC/status/1301506117865033728

Already posted above bud.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: September 3, 2020, 02:27:47 pm »
Its hardly ingenious, Southampton have been doing it for about 15 years.

We should put our first team training facilities next to theirs, so it's easier for Southampton players to see their pathway. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 3, 2020, 09:12:51 pm »
We should put our first team training facilities next to theirs, so it's easier for Southampton players to see their pathway. ;D

ha ha  ;D

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #168 on: September 4, 2020, 11:02:02 am »
The new facilities at Kirkby

https://twitter.com/i/status/1301272937870307331

Stunning, love the terrace from Klopp's office.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 4, 2020, 09:07:56 pm »

:lmao

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #170 on: September 6, 2020, 06:57:18 pm »
When do the first team move from Melwood? Or have they aleady gone?

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 6, 2020, 08:19:47 pm »
When do the first team move from Melwood? Or have they aleady gone?

fc

Not decided yet

Last I heard they were considering the October international break

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #172 on: September 7, 2020, 09:24:07 am »
Not decided yet

Last I heard they were considering the October international break

Cheers!

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2020, 02:57:59 pm »
New Press Conference room.

Offline Matt_Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2020, 08:08:54 am »
Working here today, going to have a good look around if I'm allowed to wander 😁

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2020, 12:33:03 pm »

A rare time you want to walk alone?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: September 28, 2020, 12:43:05 pm »

Take tons of pictures

Offline Matt_Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2020, 07:19:00 pm »
Might be back up there next week so will try to take plenty then, was hard as the club are coming down hard apparently as they haven't released any pics yet (even though they are everywhere)

They had a 3" water main burst in the ceiling not long ago that ruined a few things  ::) not going to lie though, for 50 mill it's pretty standard.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 1, 2020, 03:36:43 pm »
Might be back up there next week so will try to take plenty then, was hard as the club are coming down hard apparently as they haven't released any pics yet (even though they are everywhere)

They had a 3" water main burst in the ceiling not long ago that ruined a few things  ::) not going to lie though, for 50 mill it's pretty standard.

I wouldn't know what 50m gets you so I suspect the majority of casual viewers like myself will still be blown away by the facilities

There was talk originally a move might happen in this international window - anyone know if that is happening?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #179 on: October 1, 2020, 03:40:11 pm »
£50m wouldn't stretch a huge amount anyway. Each of the pitches they installed would probably have been at least £1m each, hydrotherapy pools and other facilities there wouldn't come cheap either. That's along with the cost of the building materials and labour, etc as well. It's not about the bricks and mortar anyway, it's more about the stuff they can put in it.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #180 on: October 1, 2020, 03:45:23 pm »
£50m wouldn't stretch a huge amount anyway. Each of the pitches they installed would probably have been at least £1m each, hydrotherapy pools and other facilities there wouldn't come cheap either. That's along with the cost of the building materials and labour, etc as well. It's not about the bricks and mortar anyway, it's more about the stuff they can put in it.

Yeah you’d imagine the equipment will be a huge chunk of the cost.

Plus lets be honest, as long as they get a top class training ground which does exactly what is needed then it really doesn’t matter if it looks standard or not.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 1, 2020, 03:47:30 pm »
It's going to be bigger and more advanced than Melwood so it's a huge start.  No one said we can't improve it further in the future,.

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #182 on: October 1, 2020, 06:51:59 pm »
From the pics I’ve seen it will be fine.  As long as the pitches and facilities are what Jurgen and the players need, it doesn’t need to be the Savoy.  We are Liverpool, not Chelsea or Real Madrid.
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline Matt_Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #183 on: October 2, 2020, 06:27:44 pm »
Underwater treadmill alone is 500k, Klopp wants 8 meter high walls/fences/wind breaker around the 3 main pitches as it was to windy, they are being made in china and not ready until November. The leak set them back a while so doubt it'll be this international break but you never know.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 14, 2020, 12:11:50 am »
The wind fences are now being installed this week.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 12:14:06 am by Samie »

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2020, 11:59:53 am »
Underwater treadmill alone is 500k, Klopp wants 8 meter high walls/fences/wind breaker around the 3 main pitches as it was to windy, they are being made in china and not ready until November. The leak set them back a while so doubt it'll be this international break but you never know.
I remember reading that wind was a concern from day 1 and that shelter from it it was factored into the designs? Are these fences a new development because the original wind breaks were inadequate, or were they always in the plans?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2020, 02:16:18 pm »
I remember reading that wind was a concern from day 1 and that shelter from it it was factored into the designs? Are these fences a new development because the original wind breaks were inadequate, or were they always in the plans?

Original plan was using trees from memory. There was no mention of these screens so think they're additional

Offline calvin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #187 on: October 26, 2020, 08:22:16 am »
Liverpool finally set to move into £50m training ground

Liverpool are set to finally make the move to their new £50 million training complex in Kirkby next month, reports James Pearce.

https://theathletic.com/2159352/2020/10/26/haaland-solskjaer-liverpool-training-ground-united-data-scientists-drug-tests/

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: October 26, 2020, 10:05:58 am »
End of an era lads but it was needed to progress as a club.

This bit is interesting though.  :D

Klopp and senior players such as Jordan Henderson and James Milner were heavily involved in the design process of the 9,200-square-metre complex, which was led by London-based architects KSS.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2020, 11:04:22 am »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: October 26, 2020, 11:41:35 am »
Looks  like we're going to have a sponsorship deal for the new facility.  AXA Kirkby anyone?  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #191 on: October 26, 2020, 11:43:22 am »
Looks  like we're going to have a sponsorship deal for the new facility.  AXA Kirkby anyone?  ;D

I know they’ve been amazingly happy with the training kit deal so wouldn’t surprise me.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 26, 2020, 07:01:51 pm »
From the pics I’ve seen it will be fine.  As long as the pitches and facilities are what Jurgen and the players need, it doesn’t need to be the Savoy.  We are Liverpool, not Chelsea or Real Madrid.

I've been the Etihad campus, not in the players areas like the gym etc, just to the pitches. My lad trained on the first teams indoor pitch and the building itself just looks like a huge warehouse inside, nothing special at all, the reception area was just a standard area, it does have a sunken model of the complex in the floor under a big perspex cover, but the most impressive part of what I did see was the pitches themselves, all of them were immaculate.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2020, 08:35:42 am »
Confirmed

Reds announce AXA as Training Centre naming rights partner

Liverpool FC and AXA have expanded their partnership to include the naming rights of the Reds' new Training Centre in Kirkby.

The state-of-the-art facility will be officially known as the AXA Training Centre and marks the club’s first training complex naming partner.

The renewed agreement will see AXA expand its original training kit relationship to one focused more holistically on training as a whole and become the club’s official training partner, incorporating all LFC training apparel.

Jürgen Klopp’s side are preparing to move into the club’s new Training Centre in mid-to-late November, with the finishing touches being made in preparation.

The Reds will move to the facility after bidding a fond farewell to Melwood, which has been the club’s training ground for 70 years, beginning a new chapter in the club’s illustrious history that will see the first team and youth football operations come together at a combined training facility for the first time.

The new 9,200sqm AXA Training Centre boasts three full-size pitches, goalkeeping and warm-up areas, and indoor facilities including two gyms, a full-size sports hall, pool, hydrotherapy complex and specialist sports rehabilitation suites.

“The expansion of AXA’s partnership to include the naming rights of the club’s new Training Centre makes perfect sense,” said Billy Hogan, Liverpool FC’s chief executive officer.

“We have already seen their emphasis on driving health, wellbeing, confidence and self-belief, and so deepening their relationship in the field of training makes this partnership a great fit.

“We’re pleased to have AXA on board as we start this new chapter at the club and are proud to expand our relationship with a brand that shares our common values and aspirations both on and off the pitch.”
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 27, 2020, 08:50:19 am »
Confirmed

Reds announce AXA as Training Centre naming rights partner

Liverpool FC and AXA have expanded their partnership to include the naming rights of the Reds' new Training Centre in Kirkby.

The state-of-the-art facility will be officially known as the AXA Training Centre and marks the club’s first training complex naming partner.

The renewed agreement will see AXA expand its original training kit relationship to one focused more holistically on training as a whole and become the club’s official training partner, incorporating all LFC training apparel.

Jürgen Klopp’s side are preparing to move into the club’s new Training Centre in mid-to-late November, with the finishing touches being made in preparation.

The Reds will move to the facility after bidding a fond farewell to Melwood, which has been the club’s training ground for 70 years, beginning a new chapter in the club’s illustrious history that will see the first team and youth football operations come together at a combined training facility for the first time.

The new 9,200sqm AXA Training Centre boasts three full-size pitches, goalkeeping and warm-up areas, and indoor facilities including two gyms, a full-size sports hall, pool, hydrotherapy complex and specialist sports rehabilitation suites.

“The expansion of AXA’s partnership to include the naming rights of the club’s new Training Centre makes perfect sense,” said Billy Hogan, Liverpool FC’s chief executive officer.

“We have already seen their emphasis on driving health, wellbeing, confidence and self-belief, and so deepening their relationship in the field of training makes this partnership a great fit.

“We’re pleased to have AXA on board as we start this new chapter at the club and are proud to expand our relationship with a brand that shares our common values and aspirations both on and off the pitch.”

Great news, will be interesting to see how much the deal is worth

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2020, 09:21:30 am »

Heard its worth £400m.  ::)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2020, 09:29:27 am »
I still don't understand why they didn't get a completely covered pitch. One of the biggest moans Klopp always has is about wind and rain, so why not have a full size training pitch inside. Also, is the full size sports hall like a football sized one? Is that the covered pitch.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2020, 09:34:16 am »
I still don't understand why they didn't get a completely covered pitch. One of the biggest moans Klopp always has is about wind and rain, so why not have a full size training pitch inside. Also, is the full size sports hall like a football sized one? Is that the covered pitch.

Think the academy already has one doesn’t it? Or if not full certainly a pretty huge one.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2020, 09:38:27 am »
Think the academy already has one doesn’t it? Or if not full certainly a pretty huge one.
Yes but why not for the main team as well. Just always look at all the articles and never am sure if it is there or not. Is the sports hall the indoor pitch.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2020, 09:39:22 am »
Plus it’s worth remembering that football is not played under a roof. Whilst you don’t want a super windy training ground as stadiums will remove some of the wind, you also don’t want a training pitch which removes all wind and rain as it doesn’t simulate what you’ll play in.

It wouldn’t prepare them for a cold raining night in Stoke that’s for sure.