Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2787259 times)

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #12320 on: January 18, 2021, 12:05:28 pm »
I see you deleted your post above.

We've still scored more goals than any other team in the league.

We're not even up to the halfway point in the league, City have to come to Anfield and we will hopefully see some key players return to full fitness for the run in.

Write us off at your peril.

I did. I edited it and went even stronger on how the excuse that missing Van Dijk means dropping points to shite like Brighton, Fulham etc is a weak one, especially as he was there, along wit Gomez and with Jota when we got embarrassed by Villa. But after editing it I saw someone had already quoted the previous one so just deleted it.

Also I haven't written us off. Daring to criticise anything seems to be classed as writing the club off for some weird reason. I simply said after the start that City had to the league, we should have ran away from them. Even with the injuries I stick to that. We shouldnt need Van Dijk to be getting more than 2 points a game in this league. Virgil should be the difference in us getting 97-99 points rather than 90. He shouldn't be the difference betwee 99 points and 70.

Everton have won more games than us this season, having played less game. Fucking Everton. Regardless of who we have missing, we should still have done better because we still go in to every single game with at least 5 world class players and being better man for man than anyone we face in AT LEAST 8 or 9 positions if not still 10 or all 11.
Champions

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12321 on: January 18, 2021, 12:06:19 pm »
Well to be fair the way the front lads have been this season from open play losing Van Dijk for set pieces probably has hurt us  ;D

It absolutely has, in tight games. He’s good for what, probably 5 or 6 League goals a season. Given we don’t tend to concede more than one very often that’s a few more points he would definitely have earned us. We barely put a corner in the box these days.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #12322 on: January 18, 2021, 02:25:15 pm »
I did. I edited it and went even stronger on how the excuse that missing Van Dijk means dropping points to shite like Brighton, Fulham etc is a weak one, especially as he was there, along wit Gomez and with Jota when we got embarrassed by Villa. But after editing it I saw someone had already quoted the previous one so just deleted it.

Also I haven't written us off. Daring to criticise anything seems to be classed as writing the club off for some weird reason. I simply said after the start that City had to the league, we should have ran away from them. Even with the injuries I stick to that. We shouldnt need Van Dijk to be getting more than 2 points a game in this league. Virgil should be the difference in us getting 97-99 points rather than 90. He shouldn't be the difference betwee 99 points and 70.

Everton have won more games than us this season, having played less game. Fucking Everton. Regardless of who we have missing, we should still have done better because we still go in to every single game with at least 5 world class players and being better man for man than anyone we face in AT LEAST 8 or 9 positions if not still 10 or all 11.

So you expect us to win every game then? Even without our best players available because we have other good players?

City dropped points v Leicester home, Leeds away, West Ham away, drew 0-0 in their away derby, and drew at home to West Brom. And they have a bigger squad than ours and signed more players in the last window.

They have managed to get into the position they're in by taking 15/15 pts available since West Brom whereas we've dropped points unexpectedly to some lesser sides.

It's all fine margins. We need to go on a run where we take as close to max points as possible over the next 5-10 games, if we do we'll be right back in contention (as we are now) to defend our title and hopefully within that period we might see a key player like Jota return to the squad and become available. I don't share your pessimism.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 02:28:34 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #12323 on: January 18, 2021, 02:48:13 pm »
So you expect us to win every game then?

I expect us to win more than half our games yeah. Which is what we have done so far this season. We have the 5th highest wage bill in the world and regardless of injuries we still walk out there every week with 5 world class players at least. So yeah, that should be enough to beat at least one of Brighton, Newcastle, Southampton, Aston Villa, West Brom or Fulham.

I'm expecting us to still finish at lowest 3rd. But yeah, that's not good enough. You think Barca, Madrid, Juventus, Bayern etc are happy with that? No. So why should we be? I don't want 1 title in 30 years. I want my club back where it used to be. It's the biggest club in the country.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 02:51:44 pm by Naby Lad »
Champions

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12324 on: January 18, 2021, 02:53:33 pm »
I expect us to win more than half our games yeah. Which is what we have done so far this season. We have the 5th highest wage bill in the world and regardless of injuries we still walk out there every week with 5 world class players at least. So yeah, that should be enough to beat at least one of Brighton, Newcastle, Southampton, Aston Villa, West Brom or Fulham.

I'm expecting us to still finish at lowest 3rd. But yeah, that's not good enough. You think Barca, Madrid, Juventus, Bayern etc are happy with that? No. So why should we be? I don't want 1 title in 30 years. I want my club back where it used to be. It's the biggest club in the country.

So what makes you think we won't recruit again and get back on top, even if we finish third this season? We are not entitled to a league every season and it doesn't mean that if you don't win it this, you cant next season.

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #12325 on: January 18, 2021, 02:56:57 pm »
So what makes you think we won't recruit again and get back on top, even if we finish third this season? We are not entitled to a league every season and it doesn't mean that if you don't win it this, you cant next season.

I think we will win the league next season even if we literally sign nobody. Doesn't mean I'm happy to win nothing this season.
Champions

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12326 on: January 18, 2021, 03:41:07 pm »
I see he's just being given another £200m to spend in the summer. The bloke's a genius. I mean he's only spent half a billion on defenders to finally find a decent one in Dias.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #12327 on: January 18, 2021, 03:55:57 pm »

So what's the issue then? We're all gutted when we drop points to teams we should be putting away. This is the Manchester City thread.
You said "we had the chance to put our foot on their throat early" - we essentially did, as we opened up a gap when they dropped points to the exact same calibre of team that you say we should be beating week in week out, it's only this week, into mid January they have managed to catch us.

If you had a crystal ball and were told that we'd have lost Virgil, Gomez, Jota, Matip, Alisson and Trent for a bit, have Keita and Shaq in and out etc and have to deploy 2 of the title winning best midfielders in the world to centre half, would you not have taken our current position -3 points off the current leaders with 20 games to be played and 60 points to fight for? I think I would as we could have been an awful lot worse off given we've had to chuck in Rhys Williams, Kelleher, Nat Phillips, Neco at different times along the way as well. Given what's transpired I think we should be glad that we are still well in contention to be honest.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 03:57:37 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #12328 on: January 18, 2021, 03:57:54 pm »
So what's the issue then?

I don't know. You're the one who took issue with the suggestion we should have stretched a gap on them earlier in the season.
Champions

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12329 on: January 18, 2021, 04:22:06 pm »
The worst start to a league campaign in Pep’s career. We had the chance to put our foot on their throat early this season, and didn’t.

Looking at our fixtures and theirs before the Anfield game, very real possibility that game is going to be absolute must win.

Why are you posting this shit in this thread ?

You're fucking boring lad.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline taylorb1991

• Main Stander
« Reply #12330 on: January 20, 2021, 08:17:18 pm »
Wonder if the Blue Moon lot still think VAR is out to get them after that

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #12331 on: January 20, 2021, 08:37:36 pm »
Bit annoying they’ve become peak Simeone Atleti all of a sudden in defence and John bloody Stones has somehow went from Bramble to Baresi ;D
Champions

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12332 on: January 20, 2021, 08:46:17 pm »
Bit annoying they’ve become peak Simeone Atleti all of a sudden in defence and John bloody Stones has somehow went from Bramble to Baresi ;D

It's a conscious thing to give them a better chance in the CL imo. They don't get counter attacked at all anymore.

It just also happens that half the league is utter dross and can't break them down either.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12333 on: January 20, 2021, 09:49:44 pm »
On a great run of form now, omens of their last league title winning season. The thing is, they will probably still throw out a few bad results and it's a strange and long season yet.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12334 on: January 20, 2021, 10:43:20 pm »
Big Kev came off injured. Not sure how severe, presume he’ll miss their cup against the Vauxhall conference leaders at the weekend.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12335 on: January 20, 2021, 11:04:51 pm »
On a great run of form now, omens of their last league title winning season. The thing is, they will probably still throw out a few bad results and it's a strange and long season yet.
Their next three are total piss. I'd be shocked if they don't take 9 from 9 before they come to Anfield.

At this point it doesn't even matter what they do in the sense that if we don't put a run of wins together we won't be getting anywhere near the title anyway.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12336 on: January 20, 2021, 11:06:16 pm »
Gundogan seems to score every week recently.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12337 on: January 20, 2021, 11:09:59 pm »
Their next three are total piss. I'd be shocked if they don't take 9 from 9 before they come to Anfield.

At this point it doesn't even matter what they do in the sense that if we don't put a run of wins together we won't be getting anywhere near the title anyway.
Definitely going to be the biggest test of our home record.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12338 on: January 20, 2021, 11:17:46 pm »

Pep will play for a draw I think
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12339 on: January 21, 2021, 02:22:32 pm »
Aguero seems to get Covid every week.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #12340 on: January 21, 2021, 05:32:51 pm »
DeBruyne out for 2-3 weeks & major doubt vs Liverpool on Feb 7th..small hamstring tear.
Tracked back a bit..sorry if a repost.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12341 on: January 21, 2021, 06:23:09 pm »
People talk about them being back to 17/18 and 18/19 levels which I think is a bit ridiculous. Firstly, they're a different team from then, so the only way you could say they're at that level is if they were winning games at the same frequency the whole season. Also they look good now but without a fully firing Aguero or a striker close to that level, are they really incapable of stuttering like they did in the opening stages of the season again?

Obviously even with no Aguero they still have incredible attacking depth, just think they still have a few stinkers in them.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #12342 on: January 21, 2021, 10:42:41 pm »
Er...um...come on City!!! :-[

Offline Aguero9320

• Main Stander
  • City fan
« Reply #12343 on: January 21, 2021, 11:16:32 pm »
Gundogan seems to score every week recently.
Suddenly turned into the player I saw dominating us for Dortmund at the Etihad in 2013. And that is after 4 and a half years where he has let most games pass him by. Had no idea he had in him, not even when we signed him because his decline had already started for a few years in Dortmund but fair fucks to him..

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #12344 on: January 22, 2021, 12:02:38 am »
People talk about them being back to 17/18 and 18/19 levels which I think is a bit ridiculous. Firstly, they're a different team from then, so the only way you could say they're at that level is if they were winning games at the same frequency the whole season. Also they look good now but without a fully firing Aguero or a striker close to that level, are they really incapable of stuttering like they did in the opening stages of the season again?

Obviously even with no Aguero they still have incredible attacking depth, just think they still have a few stinkers in them.

Theyre obviously not at 17/18 levels but I don't think there's much difference between them now and in 18/19 - they ground their way to wins a hell of a lot in the second half of that season

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12345 on: January 22, 2021, 12:05:52 am »

Whoops!
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12346 on: January 22, 2021, 12:16:08 am »
Whoops!
What? We’ve got Brighton before City, we’ll be one unbeaten.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12347 on: January 22, 2021, 01:38:00 pm »
Pep confirms De Bruyne out for four to six weeks.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12348 on: January 22, 2021, 01:45:26 pm »

Great news, he's been the best player in the league, again.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12349 on: January 22, 2021, 01:47:00 pm »

Would be a great opportunity to catch up if we can get some form.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12350 on: January 22, 2021, 01:50:57 pm »
De Bruyne being out is a big loss, but they've got millions and millions of pounds worth of players waiting in the wings. They'll just bring in Mahrez/Torres/Foden/Gundogan or whoever and be fine.

Wouldn't surprise me if they suddenly found a loophol£ in Messi's contract to allow him to join on a "free" (including £25m to his agent and £950k per day salary)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12351 on: January 22, 2021, 01:51:24 pm »
Foden will suddenly turn into a world beater for them.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #12352 on: January 22, 2021, 01:53:56 pm »
That news helps Utd, so I'm pissed off to hear he's out for that long.  :butt

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12353 on: January 22, 2021, 01:58:42 pm »
Theyre obviously not at 17/18 levels but I don't think there's much difference between them now and in 18/19 - they ground their way to wins a hell of a lot in the second half of that season

But it's a lot easier to grind out wins when you have an Aguero up front slotting.

Like I said, they still have a lot of attacking options so maybe I'm clutching at straws, but if there was an area that they aren't as strong in, it definitely is no. 9.

Good news about De Bruyne too.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12354 on: January 22, 2021, 02:14:10 pm »
He's their main source of creating chances. So that is a blow for them indeed.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12355 on: January 22, 2021, 03:15:05 pm »
It'll always be funny to me that we'd rather they won the league than Utd, and Utd would rather they won the league than us.

Talk about being totally irrelevant.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12356 on: January 22, 2021, 03:49:00 pm »

If we hadn’t fallen off the proverbial it may have been a coast to the title.  The red half of Manchester will be getting giddier.

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12357 on: January 22, 2021, 04:55:38 pm »
Back for our game
mines a pint

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12358 on: January 22, 2021, 05:24:42 pm »
He did miss a lot of the season they got 100 points didn’t he?

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12359 on: January 22, 2021, 05:27:15 pm »
He did miss a lot of the season they got 100 points didn’t he?

18/19 he missed most of the season and they still won 14 in a row to pip us by a point.