Author Topic: Pre Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Burnley - Sun 12th Mar - 16:00  (Read 57735 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Pre Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Burnley - Sun 12th Mar - 16:00
« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2017, 03:23:38 pm »
Made up for the lad Harry Wilson. Worked his arse off and more than earned this.

He had three or four assists in the last under 23 peformance as well, he's in the form of his life at the moment.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2017, 03:25:17 pm »
Big game for us, got to get the advantage from the Cup teams not playing, and get ourselves on a roll to the end of the season.
I know the bench is light, but those young players are going to have to prove themselves sometime if they are gonna make it here, and it's exciting hoping that they do.

3 points, big win, great performance, that's all I ask for Reds.

Come On Redmen!!
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #322 on: March 12, 2017, 03:26:20 pm »
State of our bench, FSG have to invest this time in the summer

Or don't waste money on Markovic, Moreno, Balotelli, Sakho etc. but that's an argument for another day.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: March 12, 2017, 03:27:14 pm »
I agree, but this has nothing to do with him having faith in youngsters right now, we just don't have anyone else. So they're there by default.

It does not mean they're not talented though. The brutal truth is sometimes you have to show your faith in young players, otherwise how do you know what they can do? Woodburn has already scored this season, I am surprised he has not had more opportunities already. Him and Wilson are both in form and confident at the moment. I wish people would stop seeing them as merely a negative thing, about what is wrong with the club at the moment.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #324 on: March 12, 2017, 03:28:02 pm »
He had three or four assists in the last under 23 peformance as well, he's in the form of his life at the moment.

I'd love Harry Wilson to get some minutes on the pitch today. He deserves it. Been brilliant for the U23's this season.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #325 on: March 12, 2017, 03:28:40 pm »
Our bench is a wee bit short on quality but our starting eleven might just be able to do it themselves - Well, atleast i hope they do.
The change is cast

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: March 12, 2017, 03:29:05 pm »
Or don't waste money on Markovic, Moreno, Balotelli, Sakho etc. but that's an argument for another day.

All teams make bad transfers, but that bench is a result of making a profit in the window
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #327 on: March 12, 2017, 03:29:35 pm »
I agree, but this has nothing to do with him having faith in youngsters right now, we just don't have anyone else. So they're there by default.

I certainly take your point, mate. Honestly, though, I'm not so sure. Klopp could risk half-fit senior players on the bench. Many managers do.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: March 12, 2017, 03:31:11 pm »

Agree sadly, even if we're losing/drawing with 80 minutes to go I can't see Wilson getting on the pitch if past games are anything to go by.

All teams make bad transfers, but that bench is a result of making a profit in the window

With every passing transfer window since Rafa left I find myself appreciating more and more the way he managed to balance a squad while increasing the quality of the first team.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:35:47 pm by Schmidt »

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: March 12, 2017, 03:32:08 pm »
It does not mean they're not talented though. The brutal truth is sometimes you have to show your faith in young players, otherwise how do you know what they can do? Woodburn has already scored this season, I am surprised he has not had more opportunities already. Him and Wilson are both in form and confident at the moment. I wish people would stop seeing them as merely a negative thing, about what is wrong with the club at the moment.

This. Obviously it would be better we could have our full 'first XI' plus a bench full of seniors just not making the cut. But arguably this isn't a bad game to have the youngster play, better than united or Chelsea or another high-pressure game.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: March 12, 2017, 03:33:03 pm »
I'd love Harry Wilson to get some minutes on the pitch today. He deserves it. Been brilliant for the U23's this season.

It is hard to see what else he'd has to do in order to have a chance. You think about how many of our first team players have been struggling with their confidence this season. Why not stick on a young player who has confidence to spare, sometimes the unexpected can act as a spur for the team as a whole.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #331 on: March 12, 2017, 03:34:41 pm »
Curious to see how involved Can is today in our build up play.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #332 on: March 12, 2017, 03:34:55 pm »

True but there was money there in January and the summer (i remember reading we had money for a left back) but Klopp decided both times not to spend. Perhaps Klopp wants his benches to be youthful?

Obviously there need to be improvement in both the first team and the squad but I do believe there has been money there that hasn't been used by the manager.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: March 12, 2017, 03:35:15 pm »
It is hard to see what else he'd has to do in order to have a chance. You think about how many of our first team players have been struggling with their confidence this season. Why not stick on a young player who has confidence to spare, sometimes the unexpected can act as a spur for the team as a whole.

True. Tom Davies has kind of had that effect at Everton.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #334 on: March 12, 2017, 03:36:33 pm »
This. Obviously it would be better we could have our full 'first XI' plus a bench full of seniors just not making the cut. But arguably this isn't a bad game to have the youngster play, better than united or Chelsea or another high-pressure game.

Sure but the question is ... if its 0-0 on 60 does he take off a senior player and put on a Woodburn or Wilson. I mean I hope we're not in the situation but the interesting thing is how reluctant he's been to do that

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #335 on: March 12, 2017, 03:37:54 pm »
Today's bench makes you think how well we've done to be 3rd actually

Doesn't even add up to £10m
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: March 12, 2017, 03:39:10 pm »
Today's bench makes you think how well we've done to be 3rd actually

Doesn't even add up to £10m

Totally agree - if Klopp gets top 4 with this squad - when you consider the squads hes competing against - its a sensational achievement

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: March 12, 2017, 03:40:16 pm »
Sure but the question is ... if its 0-0 on 60 does he take off a senior player and put on a Woodburn or Wilson. I mean I hope we're not in the situation but the interesting thing is how reluctant he's been to do that

Well who else is going to be put on to get a goal? Moreno? Lucas? Not much chance there. In the last under 23 game Wilson got a goal and created three other chances, the lad is the most confident I've seen him. Are we really risking it giving him a chance? Whose to say they won't grab this opportunity just like TAA and Woodburn did earlier on in the season.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: March 12, 2017, 03:43:14 pm »
I was talking to a PSG supporting mate and asked him why is France suddenly generating this gigantic bunch of supremely talented youngsters who will no doubt become world class in not more than 2 years ? His simple answer, 'we play them against division 1 opposition, regularly'.

I like our bench.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: March 12, 2017, 03:44:04 pm »
Well who else is going to be put on to get a goal? Moreno? Lucas? Not much chance there. In the last under 23 game Wilson got a goal and created three other chances, the lad is the most confident I've seen him. Are we really risking it giving him a chance? Whose to say they won't grab this opportunity just like TAA and Woodburn did earlier on in the season.

The question is whether Klopp would put them on, not whether Jack would - though we are all keen for this I think.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: March 12, 2017, 03:44:13 pm »
Chelsea's bench in their last Match:  Zouma the young French International (over 50 league games under his belt) - he's a defender, John Terry, Willian, Matic and Michy Batshuayi, a forward (absolutely loads of games and goals and also an International) and 1 youngster in Loftus-Cheek

Woodburn, TAA and Wilson 7 league games between them. And Gomez wouldn't get anywhere near Chelsea's bench after being out for 18 months.

Yes - where as Conte just has to throw on Willian and if he's really in a fix Batshuayi who has scored 70 odd 1st team goals
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:47:36 pm by kavah »

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: March 12, 2017, 03:45:33 pm »
We should have more than enough quality to be smashing these.

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: March 12, 2017, 03:46:34 pm »
Bench is grim but no excuses today. We need to show the right attitude, treat the games as if we are about to play Arsenal again and we should be ok.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: March 12, 2017, 03:46:48 pm »
We should have more than enough quality to be smashing these.

I honestly think we will. People seem to weirdly over rate Burnley - they're not good

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: March 12, 2017, 03:47:19 pm »
The question is whether Klopp would put them on, not whether Jack would - though we are all keen for this I think.

Why not? He has done it before. He has given games to Woodburn, Ojo, TAA, Wilson and other younger players as well. Also a lot of these boys have stayed inside the first team squad for most of the season now. I don't think for one minute he would keep them there, if he didn't think they had a chance.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: March 12, 2017, 03:47:26 pm »
I honestly think we will. People seem to weirdly over rate Burnley - they're not good

Neither were Hull,Swansea and Leicester.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: March 12, 2017, 03:47:45 pm »
No disrespect to the lads but that's not a good bench.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #347 on: March 12, 2017, 03:47:56 pm »
Fancy us to get an early goal and undo their bus parkery. Origi with a brace, oh yes.  :wave

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #348 on: March 12, 2017, 03:48:09 pm »
Record signing Brady on the bench for them. Strange.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: March 12, 2017, 03:48:34 pm »
Odds on Barton getting away with a red card leg breaker?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: March 12, 2017, 03:49:35 pm »

and if we played them over and over who would come out on top?
we're heavy favourites to win today

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: March 12, 2017, 03:50:18 pm »

We've beaten all three this season even if we did lose to them as well. There's no easy games in this league.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: March 12, 2017, 03:51:28 pm »
Why not? He has done it before. He has given games to Woodburn, Ojo, TAA, Wilson and other younger players as well. Also a lot of these boys have stayed inside the first team squad for most of the season now. I don't think for one minute he would keep them there, if he didn't think they had a chance.

If you go back and read the reply from Jack that you responded to, you will understand what we are saying.

Woodburn has only ever been brought on when the game was dead (predominantly when a few goals up and for five minutes or less. The only time he's recently given minutes to a youngster was bringing Woodburn on for 20 minutes when we had given up trying to get something from the Leicester game.

So to be clear if a substitute is required, like Coutinho being exhausted and cramping on 70 minutes, and the score is 0-0 I would want us to bring one one of Wilson, Woodburn or TAA. Not Moreno. Definitely not Lucas.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #353 on: March 12, 2017, 03:51:35 pm »
A single home league defeat in 14 months is evidence that we are strong at home.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: March 12, 2017, 03:51:37 pm »
the whining already started ;D

dont think anyone is overrating burnley but considering the fact that this are the kind of teams we tend to drop points to i guess the right word is cautious.

I guess the longer we don't score the more edgy we would be. But unfortunately we don't start games good and burnley will definitely get in our faces from the start like the Leicester game. A blueprint on how to beat us is no more a secret.

Its up to us to react and hopefully we will.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: March 12, 2017, 03:52:08 pm »
Sean Dyche was great in Alan Partridge!

"Dr. No... Vocal Cords"

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: March 12, 2017, 03:52:20 pm »
We've beaten all three this season even if we did lose to them as well. There's no easy games in this league.

And yet the big teams have a bigger share of the points than almost any previous league.
There are plenty of easy games - just sometimes you meet the wrong team with the wrong approach on the wrong day or whatever

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #357 on: March 12, 2017, 03:52:45 pm »
Odds on Barton getting away with a red card leg breaker?
To be fair, he doesn't get away with a lot. Perennially in bother.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #358 on: March 12, 2017, 03:54:32 pm »
Would love to see the first team get the game safe and give our young lads a stroll out on a comfortable lead rather than being thrown into the deep end to try and snatch a result.

Come on Redmen, pile that pressure onto our rivals! :scarf

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: March 12, 2017, 03:54:46 pm »
Whatever the team is and whoever's in the stiffs, it's time to get behind them and cheer them on. C'mon Redmen, let's smash these twats!