Author Topic: A must read in the Observer - Sunday May 1st 2016 (link to article)  (Read 19953 times)

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
Be sure not to miss That Kennedy Moment's article in tomorrow's Observer Review. It's one of the most powerful pieces you'll ever read on the subject and - as far as the survivors' perspective is concerned - I've not seen a better one.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/01/hillsborough-inquest-survivor-adrian-tempany

Please do not copy and paste the article on to the site - read it at the Observer. Thanks :wave
« Last Edit: May 1, 2016, 07:41:49 am by MichaelA »
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: A must read in the Observer
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 03:22:58 pm »
Be sure not to miss That Kennedy Moment's article in tomorrow's Observer Review. It's one of the most powerful pieces you'll ever read on the subject and - as far as the survivors' perspective is concerned - I've not seen a better one.
Got a link mate?
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 03:24:07 pm »
Got a link mate?

It's out tomorrow. As soon as we have it will place in here
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline jason67

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 03:28:10 pm »
It's out tomorrow. As soon as we have it will place in here
Sorry, didn't read the 'tomorrow' part in the OP.  :-[ 

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
Re: A must read in the Observer - Sunday May 1st 2016 (link to follow)
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 03:45:04 pm »
Is this the same piece that was published a few years ago, or a new article?

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 03:53:10 pm »
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Speedy Molby

• Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 03:54:13 pm »
It's a new one.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 05:43:39 pm »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 06:02:10 pm »
Hell of a line that..........

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 06:38:57 pm »
Hell of a line that..........
Indeed. I've been watching or listening to something on the verdict each day this week - the Kelly Cates programme, this week's Question Time. Seems fitting to round this momentous week off by reading Ade's article.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/01/hillsborough-inquest-survivor-adrian-tempany

Please do not copy and paste the article on to the site - read it at the Observer. Thanks :wave

Online now.

Offline jason67

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What a superb and powerful read.

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Incredibly moving article.

Online Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Powerful stuff.
They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
Online now.
Thank you,sat here in tears,wonderfully written.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Thank you Adrian. I don't know what else to say to you. Thank you for leaving me in tears, again, by your writing.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
A remarkable read Adrian, utterly remarkable. Thank you.

Offline Speedy Molby

• Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
Forgive me for singling out one aspect of such a mighty piece of work, but I wouldn't have thought it was possible for the written word to recreate the tension in building 401 on Tuesday. Ade, you've pulled it off. Magnificent.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Great read. I have shared the link with a few people. Thank you
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
Forgive me for singling out one aspect of such a mighty piece of work, but I wouldn't have thought it was possible for the written word to recreate the tension in building 401 on Tuesday. Ade, you've pulled it off. Magnificent.
Spot on,that's the bit that got me.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Brilliant piece is that.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
In terms of wordsmanship, how can you respond to that?! I salute you, Ade, that was an exceptionally moving account. It was a privilege to share your experience of 401 and humbling to read, once again, your account of what you went through on the day and how you were treated subsequently. Finally though, you have cause to smile and celebrate. Long may it continue!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What a brilliantly written piece. If i was going to show someone just one article to summarise what happened, and what it means, I think it would be this. Thank you.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
Moving this over to the main board. Essential pre-match reading.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Must have been incredibly difficult to put that together, untold amounts of respect for you and all the survivors and families. Stunning piece, heartbreaking, infuriating and liberating.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
Fantastic article .

How the establishment thought the fans were scum & I'm sure they didn't expect one day they'd put them in there place by becoming journalists & tell the real truth to all

Great piece Adrian
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Don't really know what to say after reading that. So many emotions, tears, anger, disbelief at what so many went through, in the fight to gain justice. I salute you for managing to put it down in words at all, stunning piece.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
Read it this morning deeply moving I tweeted Adrian my respect.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
The West Mids police behaviour in his living room is beyond vindictive and pretty much inhuman. A penny for their thoughts this week.

Offline The Tenacious Kennedy

• Determined to end the Lies. Don't f*ck with this cat!
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • "They were organised; we were not"
Brilliant piece Ade
Follow me on Twitter @wrong_kennedy

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Just finished reading your Guardian article for the 3rd time. Not a word in it that didn't hit home. I could never imagine what it has been like all these years but I know without people like you and so many others the truth would have remained buried by lies. We owe you and everyone a debt of gratitude for being so brave and strong all over these years
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline The Tenacious Kennedy

• Determined to end the Lies. Don't f*ck with this cat!
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • "They were organised; we were not"
The West Mids police behaviour in his living room is beyond vindictive and pretty much inhuman. A penny for their thoughts this week.

Have a look at what West Midlands Police were doing on the night of Hillsborough

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/commons/1991/dec/12/pc-tony-salt

Truly shocking

And the very next day they were asked to do an 'independent' investigation of Hillsborough
Follow me on Twitter @wrong_kennedy

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Forced myself to read that.  I have difficulties going too in-depth with all things related to Hillsborough.  Not sure why.  I wrote a post about it but it was just a ramble so I never bothered finishing it lol.

Suffice to say I hope the momentum for Accountability is now unstoppable and we bring a few of these bastards down.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great piece by Adrian. Absolutely essential reading. Took me about half an hour to read as I kept having to stop and gather my thoughts. Still very hard to take it all in.

Offline bordeauxred

• posh scouser
  • Kopite
Incredible writing.

Have shared it in facebook & twitter in the hope that as many people as possible read it & contemplate how this horrendous cover up was allowed to happen following the tragedy at Hillsborough. Absolutely shocking.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
The Truth.

Eloquent, haunting, human, sad, proud,political, powerful. If I could choose one article to explain what Hillsborough was about, this would be it.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline wolves76

• Main Stander
Thank you so much for writing this article Adrian.  It is one of the most moving testimonies I have ever read and it brought from within me a range of emotions.  I will buy your book when it is released on June 2nd this year.  Thank you again. 

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
Thanks for all your kind comments, everyone. Much appreciated.

It was a privilege, and one of the great moments of my life, to be in Warrington this week with the following lads - and my account is also their account, in many ways. Huge thanks to

BlueLagos
Kav
Speedy Molby
SNE Richie
24/7

The week feels like a turning point in this country. It has to be, and I know some very influential people who will work flat out now to make sure that it is.

Justice at last!
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
Thanks for all your kind comments, everyone. Much appreciated.

It was a privilege, and one of the great moments of my life, to be in Warrington this week with the following lads - and my account is also their account, in many ways. Huge thanks to

BlueLagos
Kav
Speedy Molby
SNE Richie
24/7

The week feels like a turning point in this country. It has to be, and I know some very influential people who will work flat out now to make sure that it is.

Justice at last!

Such a brilliant read Adrian 

So pleased that this last week's events have given you some respite from the pain.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Truth.

Eloquent, haunting, human, sad, proud,political, powerful. If I could choose one article to explain what Hillsborough was about, this would be it.

Incredible piece.