Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4130412 times)

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #58560 on: November 10, 2018, 11:46:57 pm »
That Ukrainian promoter looks like what a child would draw if you told them to draw Steve Bruce
Jan Molby looks well.... :lmao
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58561 on: November 10, 2018, 11:47:16 pm »
No idea  ;D

Against the translator I reckon £19.95 would suffice

get them signed up for it, tell Bellew it'll be first fight at Bramley Moor, he'll be well up for it

tell him no zimmer frames though

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58562 on: November 10, 2018, 11:49:07 pm »
£5 down the drain.

Bellew did well. Was not impressed by Usyk apart from the brutal finish. He wont get his AJ fight because the Chisora/Whye winner will batter him
Hmm, I think he batters both of them especially Chisora. He'd also put Parker to sleep but against Joshua and Wilder I give him no chance.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58563 on: November 10, 2018, 11:49:53 pm »
Hmm, I think he batters both of them especially Chisora. He'd also put Parker to sleep but against Joshua and Wilder I give him no chance.

Rubbish, if AJ couldn't put Parker to sleep there's no chance Usyk does

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58564 on: November 10, 2018, 11:50:11 pm »
Fucking hell someone get a grip of Bellew. He is having a fucking threeway with Naz and a security guard on the way back to the dressing room.  :lmao :lmao

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #58565 on: November 10, 2018, 11:50:45 pm »

Possibly but it’d be a Different fight
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #58566 on: November 10, 2018, 11:50:51 pm »
Bellew has never been good, he may have been the best of a poor bunch but he's nowhere near an elite fighter.

Maybe some have lowered the bar so far that his performances have been acceptable to them?

Apologies but I have higher standards
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58567 on: November 10, 2018, 11:51:35 pm »
£5 down the drain.

Bellew did well. Was not impressed by Usyk apart from the brutal finish. He wont get his AJ fight because the Chisora/Whye winner will batter him

You're right that he's too open.  Bellew didn't have the tools to take advantage but the big punchers at HW will be too much for him.

I think he beats Whyte or Chisora though, probably the likes of Parker as well.

Offline Djimothy

• Kopite
« Reply #58568 on: November 10, 2018, 11:51:41 pm »
Fucking hell someone get a grip of Bellew. He is having a fucking threeway with Naz and a security guard on the way back to the dressing room.  :lmao :lmao
He should have been sent to see a doctor the minute he was knocked out,been an an embarrassment to British boxing this.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58569 on: November 10, 2018, 11:56:04 pm »
He's tough but Whyte dropped him so wouldn't count out Usyk's chances.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58570 on: November 10, 2018, 11:57:28 pm »
He should have been sent to see a doctor the minute he was knocked out,been an an embarrassment to British boxing this.
Agree with this. How has he been allowed to carry on with no medical attention. He is clearly badly concussed.

There were some brutal finished on the undercard too.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58571 on: November 10, 2018, 11:57:35 pm »
Whyte's a much bigger puncher than Usyk and he still didn't knock him out. He'd beat Parker comprehensively on points but he wouldn't knock him out.

Offline mikemac

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #58572 on: November 10, 2018, 11:58:15 pm »
Definatley should have been withdrawn for closer examination after the fight. He was on a loop repeating himself and twice in the space of 10 seconds asked what round he had been beaten in.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #58573 on: November 10, 2018, 11:59:46 pm »
£5 down the drain.

Disagree. Usyk outpoints both handily. If you'll notice the pace Usyk set in this fight tonight. If he does that against either Chisora or Whyte, they'll be blowing out their arse by round 6. Usyk's BIG advantage in HW is his conditioning. Lots of big lads, but none are capable of lasting more than a few rounds at a hot pace.

Whyte's a much bigger puncher than Usyk and he still didn't knock him out. He'd beat Parker comprehensively on points but he wouldn't knock him out.
Whyte's technique is utter shit. Again, don't underestimate the power of a well timed power shot late in a fight against a tired fighter. What barely registers in round 6 turns a boxer into Amir Khan jelly legs in round 11.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:01:25 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58574 on: November 11, 2018, 12:03:00 am »
Usyk's hand speed and the cluster of punches he throws reminds me of Calzaghe and Roy Jones. I know its too early to put Usyk in that kind of territory but i think his style will cause the bigger men fits. The c*nt comes across unhinged as well which is good box office. He reminds me of a henchman out of the Hostel movies.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58575 on: November 11, 2018, 12:05:31 am »

Whyte's technique is utter shit. Again, don't underestimate the power of a well timed power shot late in a fight against a tired fighter. What barely registers in round 6 turns a boxer into Amir Khan jelly legs in round 11.

I think you've completely missed what I was saying. I'm not saying Usyk doesn't beat White, I'm saying he doesn't knock Parker out.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58576 on: November 11, 2018, 12:06:25 am »
Not trying to be Nigel Darage but he should learn how to speak English. It will only build his brand and bank more
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:37:29 am by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58577 on: November 11, 2018, 12:08:07 am »
I think you've completely missed what I was saying. I'm not saying Usyk doesn't beat White, I'm saying he doesn't knock Parker out.
Ah. I agree with that. Parker can take a shot. Usyk would beat him via fairly wide UD I think; Parker doesnt have much to trouble him with.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58578 on: November 11, 2018, 12:08:57 am »
Bellew has never been good, he may have been the best of a poor bunch but he's nowhere near an elite fighter.

Maybe some have lowered the bar so far that his performances have been acceptable to them?

hes done well in terms of belts and money in terms of his talent

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58579 on: November 11, 2018, 12:09:54 am »
Agree with this. How has he been allowed to carry on with no medical attention. He is clearly badly concussed.

There were some brutal finished on the undercard too.
100% right. Bellew would have trouble telling you what day of the week it was atm. So eager to do their interviews that they eschew the basics of ensuring a fighter is okay just so they can fill some more air time.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58580 on: November 11, 2018, 12:10:15 am »
Not trying to be Nigel Garage but he should learn how to speak English. It will only build his brand and bank more
he clearly does he’d just rather do it in his native tongue

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58581 on: November 11, 2018, 12:11:48 am »

I don't think anyone (outside of Nelson and Froch) ever thought Bellew was elite. He has eked the maximum from his talent and forged a nice career for himself. Hope he enjoys his retirement as he has earned it.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #58582 on: November 11, 2018, 12:11:51 am »
100% right. Bellew would have trouble telling you what day of the week it was atm. So eager to do their interviews that they eschew the basics of ensuring a fighter is okay just so they can fill some more air time.

Yeah was clear as anything he was concussed there, crazy to not be checking him out.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #58583 on: November 11, 2018, 12:13:15 am »
Yeah was clear as anything he was concussed there, crazy to not be checking him out.

Disgraceful to be honest, surely after the second time he asked what round it was and what punch he was knocked out by someone should've sussed he shouldn't be on TV.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58584 on: November 11, 2018, 01:10:02 am »
Yeah he reminded me of DC after his KO defeat to Jones in the UFC. He was a mess after the fight, impressive stuff from Usyk though.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #58585 on: November 11, 2018, 07:20:01 am »
So glad Bellew got beat.

Apart from him being a bit of a gobshite, after every victory he had you had Evertonians claiming it as some sort of victory for their club.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #58586 on: November 11, 2018, 08:08:10 am »
Bellew better than I thought , had it even on points even if not knocked out he would have lost on points the way it was going .
Can’t say I was impressed with Usyk to be honest.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58587 on: November 11, 2018, 09:54:37 am »
Brutal knockdown. Finnally Bellew gets smashed down.

However, have to admit Hearn managed him well and Bellew improved massively.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58588 on: November 11, 2018, 10:02:28 am »
By the end it was hard to tell if bellew wanted to fight Usyk or fuck him.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58589 on: November 11, 2018, 10:07:51 am »
By the end it was hard to tell if bellew wanted to fight Usyk or fuck him.

;D

It was a bit much

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58590 on: November 11, 2018, 10:29:51 am »
Yeah he reminded me of DC after his KO defeat to Jones in the UFC. He was a mess after the fight, impressive stuff from Usyk though.
That was weird to watch, DC didn't have a clue what happened. Same with Stipe Miocic after he got knocked out by DC. Joe Rogan actually lobbied to the UFC to stop interviewing fighters who had been brutally knocked out, they should apply that same rule in boxing. Bellew was seeing stars last night and they made him do a national interview for fucks sake

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58591 on: November 11, 2018, 10:47:48 am »

Bellew outboxed possibly the best cruiserweight of all time and a P4P top 3 fighter for 4 rounds, I'm no Bellew fan but the kid can box he just got tired.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #58592 on: November 11, 2018, 10:56:27 am »
Can't deny Bellew's guts, he just cam up against a genuine world class fighter and came up short - no disgrace in that.

He should not be tempted with any comebacks though.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58593 on: November 11, 2018, 11:04:49 am »
Bellew outboxed possibly the best cruiserweight of all time and a P4P top 3 fighter for 4 rounds, I'm no Bellew fan but the kid can box he just got tired.

For me Usyk was boxing in second gear and as soon as he stepped up Bellew was outclassed then got knocked out with utter class.

Bellew wasn't in his league mate.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58594 on: November 11, 2018, 11:15:59 am »
Somebody get that Evertonian to a doctor!
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58595 on: November 11, 2018, 11:31:11 am »

That's great mate but boxing matches take place over 12 rounds. Usyk was cautious for the first couple, only throwing ones and twos, then once he'd worked him out by the end of the third it was plain sailing.

Typical Evertonian though, 'but we won the first 3 rounds' ;D

Wonder when the DVD of that first 8 minutes will be out.

Online RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #58596 on: November 11, 2018, 11:50:46 am »
That's great mate but boxing matches take place over 12 rounds. Usyk was cautious for the first couple, only throwing ones and twos, then once he'd worked him out by the end of the third it was plain sailing.

I'm a casual boxing fan and only watch the bigger fights but that was my take on it also.  Bellew started fairly well but it seemed pretty clear that Usyk had a plan to just work his way into the fight and was never in any danger.
The commentary was laughable, thankfully Paulie was there to try and add a bit of balance.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58597 on: November 11, 2018, 11:51:36 am »

Typical Evertonian though, 'but we won the first 3 rounds' ;D

Wonder when the DVD of that first 8 minutes will be out.
Absolutely correct. Many superior fighters lose a couple of the early rounds to inferior opposition before working them out and winning with ease. That's exactly what happened last night. Bellew could fight Usyk 20 times and never come close to winning. McGregor looked 'competitive' with Mayweather for a few rounds FFS  ;D It means very little.

I'm a casual boxing fan and only watch the bigger fights but that was my take on it also.  Bellew started fairly well but it seemed pretty clear that Usyk had a plan to just work his way into the fight and was never in any danger.
The commentary was laughable, thankfully Paulie was there to try and add a bit of balance.
The commentary was embarrassing and they looked as sad as Martin Tyler when United lose at the end. Paulie solidifying his status as one of the best pundits around. Stepped in and gave an honest assessment when they rest were blowing smoke up our arses.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58598 on: November 11, 2018, 11:55:51 am »
Absolutely correct. Many superior fighters lose a couple of the early rounds to inferior opposition before working them out and winning with ease. That's exactly what happened last night. Bellew could fight Usyk 20 times and never come close to winning. McGregor looked 'competitive' with Mayweather for a few rounds FFS  ;D It means very little.
The commentary was embarrassing and they looked as sad as Martin Tyler when United lose at the end. Paulie solidifying his status as one of the best pundits around. Stepped in and gave an honest assessment when they rest were blowing smoke up our arses.
Case in point Canelo v Khan.

Canelo lost the first few rounds,but once he got the range and worked out Khan they was only going to be one outcome and it was devastating just like last nights fight with Usyk.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58599 on: November 11, 2018, 12:26:04 pm »
All valid points.

Usyk backed his engine to prevail, did very little early doors but got the finish which is what mattered. Highlight reel stoppage