Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3430190 times)

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #28680 on: May 17, 2019, 10:08:53 am »
Hazard and the ball boy
Come on, that’s one of the funniest things that’s ever happened on a football pitch, leave him out of this.  I defy you to watch that clip again without laughing.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28681 on: May 17, 2019, 10:12:11 am »
I’d not really have taken issue if they’d have sung something similar to Hughes. It’s would be a little sad given we’re not really rivals in my eyes like us and Everton (esp back then) but just a bit of fun.

However it’s the inclusion of things like the victim line, about fans getting twated and one of their players injuring one of ours which is pathetic. 

What they sang is far worse, can't deny that. What I was getting at was Hughes, even though what he sang was harmless. at least had the decency to apologise. This shower, knowing how disgraceful the words, plus the fact one of their own is still recovering from getting "battered in the streets", instead try to hide behind shit like "its a fan song". If they had sung a Munich song, would "oh its ok our fans sing it" be the excuse they came up with as well?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28682 on: May 17, 2019, 10:13:37 am »
They won't. They never will. This is never mentioned over there. Ever. It's totally, totally taboo.

The thing about the Abu Dhabi PR machine is interesting, though. They call their owner 'HRH' on BlueMoon. Success! But the owners have completely misunderstood British football culture, which in this instance is what's deciding global perception. As though you could buy a team, and buy Barcelona's manager, et voila you have Barcelona in east Manchester, hooray, everyone loves you for bringing a new Barcelona into the world!

Dudes. No.

Yeah I’ve always found buying a football club for PR reasons, when you’re going to run it how they have City, a bit bizarre.

Yes you’ll turn the heads of the City fans and some fickle glory hunters, but in general you’re going to piss off a LOT more fans of other clubs who are never shy about being vocal about such things.

Could really see this back firing spectacularly if UEFA, FIFA, the FA & PL grow a backbone and start dishing out some serious punishments. Could really see the veil slip at City.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #28683 on: May 17, 2019, 10:22:44 am »
I wonder if Guardiola would leave City if they get a UCL ban. A two-year ban should be enough to make him walk. A year ban he'd probably wait.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28684 on: May 17, 2019, 10:26:11 am »
I wonder if Guardiola would leave City if they get a UCL ban. A two-year ban should be enough to make him walk. A year ban he'd probably wait.

They’ll prob give him a nice new 2 year, triple your money, Abu Dhabi sponsorship deal.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28685 on: May 17, 2019, 10:34:56 am »
I was in Manchester yesterday shopping.

I find it hilarious Mancs call anyone related to Liverpool as "Bin Dippers" when you see the zombified homeless dwelling people in the city centre.

I know the city has a shocking problem with those dangerous legal highs, but what a blight on the city when you see people leaning against lamposts and walls in such a zombiefied state in the mdidle of the day, even my 3 year old daughter was pointing at some of them when we were walking past them.

Worst homeless dwelling city i've seen is LA downtown in Skidrow and Manchester is on the brink of something like that.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #28686 on: May 17, 2019, 10:41:50 am »
Wow.

The men behind Man City.  Too long to post, but really worrying

https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-men-behind-man-city-a-documentary-not-coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06

"There’s more — there’s a lot more — but suffice it to say that while Abu Dhabi may not be the most abusive government in the world, they are easily the most abusive government running a football club. Qatar run them a close second of course, and there should be no PSG supporters taking the moral high ground. A quick glance at the bookies odds for this year’s Champions League reveals the extent to which top level European football is now dependent on funding from either Abu Dhabi or Qatar. Manchester City are currently the favourites followed by Paris Saint-Germain. Third favourites are Bayern Munich, whose shirts are now sponsored by Qatar, fourth favourites are Barcelona, who only recently ended a seven-year sponsorship deal with Qatar, and fifth favourites are Real Madrid, who have sold the naming rights to their new stadium to Abu Dhabi."

Nice that we dumped Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Manchester City out of the competition over the last two years :D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28687 on: May 17, 2019, 10:43:53 am »
Come on, that’s one of the funniest things that’s ever happened on a football pitch, leave him out of this.  I defy you to watch that clip again without laughing.

He should of booted the little shit in the head, think the previous poster was clutching at straws with that one !!

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28688 on: May 17, 2019, 10:53:16 am »
Wow. If anyone is lurking from Blue moon I dare you to open a thread to discuss this article. It would be astonishing if you could find anything positive to say about it.  So while you’re at it why don’t you create some banners for the FA cup final declaring your support of Gay rights, Gender equality and recognition of the State of Israel.  Protesting your owners doesn’t mean you don’t support your team. We live in a country where you can speak freely. I’m sure if we’d been taken over by DIC we would have had many loud dissenting voices.  Liverpool supporters have a history of highlighting the unacceptable within our own house (Standards Corrupted ….)     

…but you lot wont, will you. You’re blinded by your lottery windfall and you’ve been seduced by the Abu Dhabi PR machine.  Speak up or shame on you

I get this is an opportunity to stick the knife into them, but honestly if you think our fans would turn on ownership that delivered success you’re completely deluded, the internet warriors would defend the club in exactly the same way and the majority would turn a blind eye.

And to compare to our protests is ridiculous, do you think we’d of done that if the Hicks/Gillette model had worked.  The protests were because we were shit, selling our best players and buying crap ones.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #28689 on: May 17, 2019, 10:56:39 am »
UAE

The United Arab Emirates’ intolerance of criticism continued in 2018 as authorities in May sentenced Ahmed Mansoor, an Emirati award-winning human rights activist, to a 10-year prison sentence for exercising his right to free expression. The government continues to arbitrarily detain and forcibly disappear individuals who criticize authorities.

The UAE maintains their leading role in the Saudi-led military coalition, which has conducted scores of unlawful attacks in Yemen. The UAE was implicated in detainee abuse at home and abroad.

Labor abuses persist. Migrant construction workers face serious exploitation. The UAE introduced a domestic workers law providing them labor rights for the first time in September 2017, but some provisions are weaker than those provided to other workers under the labor law.

The UAE continued to block representatives of international human rights organizations from visiting.

UAE authorities have launched a sustained assault on freedom of expression and association since 2011. The UAE arbitrarily detains and forcibly disappears individuals who criticize the authorities within the UAE’s borders. UAE residents who have spoken about human rights issues are at serious risk of arbitrary detention, imprisonment, and torture. Many are serving long prison terms or have left the country under pressure.

Foreign nationals account for more than 88.5 percent of the UAE’s population, according to 2011 government statistics. Many low-paid migrant workers remain acutely vulnerable to forced labor, despite some reforms.

The kafala (visa-sponsorship) system continues to tie migrant workers to their employers. Those who leave their employers can face punishment for “absconding,” including fines, prison, and deportation.

The UAE’s labor law excludes domestic workers, who face a range of abuses, from unpaid wages, confinement to the house, workdays up to 21 hours with no breaks, to physical or sexual assault by employers, from its protections. Domestic workers face legal and practical obstacles to redress.

Federal Law No. 28 of 2005 regulates personal status matters. Some of its provisions discriminate against women. For a woman to marry, her male guardian must conclude her marriage contract; men have the right to unilaterally divorce their wives, whereas a woman must apply for a court order to obtain a divorce; a woman can lose her right to maintenance if, for example, she refuses to have sexual relations with her husband without a lawful excuse; and women are required to “obey” their husbands. A woman may be considered disobedient, with few exceptions, if she decides to work without her husband’s consent.

UAE law permits domestic violence. Article 53 of the penal code allows the imposition of “chastisement by a husband to his wife and the chastisement of minor children” so long as the assault does not exceed the limits of Islamic law. Marital rape is not a crime. In 2010, the Federal Supreme Court issued a ruling, citing the penal code, that sanctions husbands’ beating and infliction of other forms of punishment or coercion on their wives, provided they do not leave physical marks.

Different emirates within the UAE’s federal system have laws that criminalize same-sex sexual relations, including Abu Dhabi, where “unnatural sex with another person” can be punished with up to 14 years in prison.

Nice eh

This is where your money is from

This is the bottom line. It’s a slave state and the owners of Manchester City are slavers.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28690 on: May 17, 2019, 10:58:47 am »

I find it hilarious Mancs call anyone related to Liverpool as "Bin Dippers" when you see the zombified homeless dwelling people in the city centre.

I know the city has a shocking problem with those dangerous legal highs, but what a blight on the city when you see people leaning against lamposts and walls in such a zombiefied state in the mdidle of the day, even my 3 year old daughter was pointing at some of them when we were walking past them.

Worst homeless dwelling city i've seen is LA downtown in Skidrow and Manchester is on the brink of something like that.

Yeah mate was up there last month, it's always been bad for that but it's terrible now. When you strip away the football and the rivalry between the cities, it's really sad to see.

Anyway, I think we should all just spend less time talking and thinking about these. They're an absolute fucking joke of a club, shittest fan base going, they won't even be arsed if they get banned from Europe. Fuck them, and fuck their horrible c*nt owners as well.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28691 on: May 17, 2019, 11:05:08 am »
I get this is an opportunity to stick the knife into them, but honestly if you think our fans would turn on ownership that delivered success you’re completely deluded, the internet warriors would defend the club in exactly the same way and the majority would turn a blind eye.

And to compare to our protests is ridiculous, do you think we’d of done that if the Hicks/Gillette model had worked.  The protests were because we were shit, selling our best players and buying crap ones.

Arf!

When was the first protest? I'll give you a clue, it was well before everything turned to shite on the pitch, a large number of fans were onto them not too long after they bought the club

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28692 on: May 17, 2019, 11:16:32 am »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28693 on: May 17, 2019, 11:21:28 am »
Arf!

When was the first protest? I'll give you a clue, it was well before everything turned to shite on the pitch, a large number of fans were onto them not too long after they bought the club

And what were they on to them for ? They had a business plan that was built on sand with all the money leveraged against the club.  It would lead to a shit team which it did.

Not really comparable to an ownership who deliver 4 titles ?

If you really think that we’re that special a fan base that would turn on an ownership who deliver success then you are deluded, the vast majority of us would turn a blind eye.  Therefore it was a crap comparison to make.

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
« Reply #28694 on: May 17, 2019, 11:26:36 am »
our support makes others feel inadequate about their our support (which, when i was young every other club thought theirs was of a similar standard, but its pretty universally accepted that we generate the best atmosphere in England by a country mile)

So much so that they make up songs about us to try to bond their fans in a similar spirit. Everton Chelsea Man Utd and now Man city. It didn't help them.
Everytime the dickheads fall in the trap of not supporting their own team.
It has a bounce with their side that are in conflict with us at the time and bonds them, but that side gets broken up and new lads come in with non of the angst and need supporting in their own right, but all they get are songs about a team who already have 50000 cheering them on. pretty soon your in Evertons position where you only have 2 matches a year to look forward too

We've seen off Everton, Chelsea, and looking increasing like UTD too without making up a song about them, keep them coming dickheads
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:29:22 am by HelterSkelter »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28695 on: May 17, 2019, 11:52:24 am »

The city has problems all over the place, but the centre is the worst.

Spice has attracted a lot of people from outside of Manchester to the Piccadilly Gardens area and it has caused a recent explosion of the amount of homeless on the streets, my wife was shopping there a few months ago and was shocked at the amount of homeless compared to the last time.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #28696 on: May 17, 2019, 11:53:14 am »
And what were they on to them for ? They had a business plan that was built on sand with all the money leveraged against the club.  It would lead to a shit team which it did.

If you really think that we’re that special a fan base that would turn on an ownership who deliver success then you are deluded, the vast majority of us would turn a blind eye.  Therefore it was a crap comparison to make.

I'm guessing you don't live in Liverpool?

You don't seem to know us that well. People in Liverpool generally stand up to a lot of things.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28697 on: May 17, 2019, 11:55:03 am »
I'm guessing you don't live in Liverpool?

You don't seem to know us that well. People in Liverpool generally stand up to a lot of things.

Was about to make a similar reply.

Whilst I expect we'd have plenty of fans who would turn a blind eye for success, in fact I know we would because I've had countless debates on here with those who said they want a sugar daddy type owner, there are huge amounts of fans who would not be happy one bit if we had City's owners and would 100% make themselves heard.

Online Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28698 on: May 17, 2019, 12:09:31 pm »
And many on here would be disgusted if we ended up with owners like that. There would be protests and demands for change, I guarantee you. In any case, City actually have these owners, and very little is being reported about it, which is the issue here - not some hypothetical situation.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #28699 on: May 17, 2019, 12:12:16 pm »

I get the cynicism in the post as football fans are fickle by nature. That said, when others have been linked with ownership of our club (for example Chinese companies), the response from a lot of fans, including on here, was swift in its unease and highlighting the records of some of who have been interested over the years.

As a fanbase, and certainly around here (i.e. Merseyside), many fans I speak to most certainly have a view that it isn`t success at all costs.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #28700 on: May 17, 2019, 12:26:24 pm »

Utter utter nonsense, where you even around at  that  time circa 2007?
1 thing you are  right about  though is that  fans would defend them albeit they never delievered success, but  they still had support from those that  would say  "ssshhhhhhhh   just get behind the team will ya"

Even club legends were at it     rather dissapointingly Roy Evans who spoke bitterly about fan protests at the time , and of course David Doc Johnson who rather embarrsingly now (and at the  time) used  to  bleat and bang the drum about how he had met hicks and gilette at an event  and they  were fit  and proper owners with teh clubs best intentions at heart.  So not  everybody was a) onto them and b) up for protesting.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:33:20 pm by PAULG »
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28701 on: May 17, 2019, 12:28:52 pm »
Utter utter nonsense, where you even around at  that  time circa 2007?

You don't even need to look that far back. We protested at decisions FSG made after they appointed Klopp and we were on our way to a Europa League final and I'm sure we'd do the same now if they made a decision that warranted it, despite our on field success.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28702 on: May 17, 2019, 12:29:14 pm »
On a side note, i see Sterling has come out as a closet Man U fan.  Also find his comments about  their fans rivalry with us   utter plastico, synthetic & pathetic.   The only times he hears their fans roaring  is when the scousers are in town.  Ha Ha Ha small time knobheads with ideas of grandiosity, ladies and gentleman that is what blood money does to you.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28703 on: May 17, 2019, 12:30:08 pm »
You don't even need to look that far back. We protested at decisions FSG made after they appointed Klopp and we were on our way to a Europa League final and I'm sure we'd do the same now if they made a decision that warranted it, despite our on field success.
agreed but just  referencing the time line with those 2 in charge as he mentioned it.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28704 on: May 17, 2019, 12:33:50 pm »

Nah. It was a bit different from that.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28705 on: May 17, 2019, 12:34:32 pm »
The reason City were such an easy mark for Abu Dhabi, is because it was a fanbase that had been starved of success for years and riven with jealousy of their local rivals.
AD knew this would make them more likely to turn a blind eye to the human rights abuses and dodgy accounting, so long as they delivered them some silverware. Look at the reaction of City fans to the UEFA investigation as an example. It's blinkered beyond belief. You even have City fans defending the regime and putting their abhorrent views and methods down to 'cultural differences'.

Never mind the domination in football terms, one of the worst aspects of their ownership of City has been this introduction of Trump-esque toxicity to English football. Combine that with the tribal nature of football fandom, and you have a very nasty mix, that does the game no favours.

Maybe I'm deluded, but I'd like to think that if LFC was ever taken over by owners like that, there would be a much greater kickback and a prolonged campaign to get them out.

Miguel Delaney in the Indo:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/manchester-city-vs-watford-fa-cup-final-premier-league-treble-pep-guardiola-abu-dhabi-a8917671.html

You don’t have to scroll too long on social media to find supporters defiantly referring to their club’s statements and talking about how they’re up for the battle; where there almost litigating on behalf of the club against Uefa.

Some sources familiar with Middle Eastern politics have already noted how this is a strikingly similar media approach to that in Abu Dhabi, and the United Emirates, where “criticism is not tolerated”. Instead, it is assertively struck back at. The issue, again, is how this might just bring further questions.

Scroll along a bit further on social media and you get more than defiance. You get City fans – and many at that – actually going further and openly defending the Abu Dhabi regime. They talk of the benefits of living in the Emirates, high-quality free health care, whether Matthew Hedges was a spy and even weigh in on the war on Yemen. Much of these involve a series of responses like “what about Saudi Arabia?” and even accusations of “anti-Arab bias”.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28706 on: May 17, 2019, 12:34:45 pm »
Was about to make a similar reply.

Whilst I expect we'd have plenty of fans who would turn a blind eye for success, in fact I know we would because I've had countless debates on here with those who said they want a sugar daddy type owner, there are huge amounts of fans who would not be happy one bit if we had City's owners and would 100% make themselves heard.

Completely agree.  I have had a lengthy debate about this with a friend who is a City friend.  Told him that there would not be the same complicit blind eye that is shown by many City fans to the ownership if the shoe was on the other foot.  I honestly would go as far to say that the current owners actually have too much integrity too to sell the club to a 'sugar daddy' with blood on their hands....or maybe I'm just too idealistic!!!

The irony of the debate I had was that  few very fervent United fans got involved and backed us on the basis that the club as a whole has a real sense of integrity....they were also trying to get a rise out of your man but it was interesting all the same.

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28707 on: May 17, 2019, 12:39:52 pm »
Didnt we protest about  Thaksin Sinatwra, remember the last day of 04 season we played newcastle at anfield,  big flag reading ' No Thai Blood Money',  wasnt there something re the Chinese water company too last year? It is in our DNA, 90 % of genuine lfc fans respect and cherish  teh clubs integrity and values, never swapped out  for a blank cheque.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #28708 on: May 17, 2019, 12:44:06 pm »

As an owner of a successful football club, one needs to investment in the squad, team, stadium, social engagements.

Instead, the H&G pawned Liverpool Football Club for money that they certainly had their eyes upon, lied to the fans and started stripping the club of its players. And added to that, installed an average manager who invested in average players. So I think we were well within our right to protest.

But delivering success is one thing. Buying success is another. Ask any genuine LFC fan you know what they would prefer. And we would always want to earn the success. We earned it in the 70s and 80s. We werent controlled by uncle Scrooge and his 100 storeys of gold coin vault. We invested wisely and prudently. The results speak for themselves.

If I intend on losing my virginity, I would rather pickup a chick at a bar, than go to a prostitute.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28709 on: May 17, 2019, 12:47:27 pm »

You might want to recall what happened when Thaksin Shinawatra tried to buy us. People were dead against it and protested due to his appalling human rights record. People were not willing to compromise morals for the offer of investment in the team.

Not sure what happened to him when we chased him out of town though. I'm sure the next club he tried to tap into would have been just as against him, and wouldnt have given him a loveable nickname after Frank Sinatra.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #28710 on: May 17, 2019, 12:51:11 pm »
Bayern fans have been openly protesting against their club due to their sponsorship with Qatar airlines.

Some fans bases just have more honour, integrity and morals than others. Liverpool, is one.

One of the Bayern fans banners:

The text reads:

“Money over human rights?
Capital over morals?
Open your eyes when it comes to sponsor choice!”

There are lots of others too.

Here is an interesting Twitter thread about it, Man City gets a mention, as being one of the clubs where fans don't protest (same as PSG), of these funded clubs, Bayern fans are the only ones who seem to care.

https://twitter.com/NcGeehan/status/955340090590580736

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #28711 on: May 17, 2019, 12:53:58 pm »
Emlyn sang "Liverpool are Magic, Everton are tragic", which was something sung on the Kop, in the heat of the moment at St Georges Hall in 1977. He realised his error and apologised for it the next day.

The c*nts go full on denial, would have just been easier to act like grown men and to say sorry.

I was there when Emlyn did that. It was only right that he apologised, but the reality is that there was absolutely no malice in it at all. It was all light-hearted pantomime stuff, and in sharp contrast to the sinister and obviously aggressive song the Abu Dhabi team were singing.

I agree with you over the denial. It's so embarrassing for them. I'd have thought Mr. Moral Compass (Guardiola) would have been mortified by it all and issued an apology of his own, seeing as it happened on his watch. There is clearly some horribly weak leadership over at the Emptyhad to add to the appalling lack of class and dignity.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #28712 on: May 17, 2019, 12:58:44 pm »
As an owner of a successful football club, one needs to investment in the squad, team, stadium, social engagements.

Instead, the H&G pawned Liverpool Football Club for money that they certainly had their eyes upon, lied to the fans and started stripping the club of its players. And added to that, installed an average manager who invested in average players. So I think we were well within our right to protest.

But delivering success is one thing. Buying success is another. Ask any genuine LFC fan you know what they would prefer. And we would always want to earn the success. We earned it in the 70s and 80s. We werent controlled by uncle Scrooge and his 100 storeys of gold coin vault. We invested wisely and prudently. The results speak for themselves.

If I intend on losing my virginity, I would rather pickup a chick at a bar, than go to a prostitute

Nah. Go for it mate if you're ready.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28713 on: May 17, 2019, 01:01:07 pm »
Oh yeah! Where Kitster when you need him? Shame they haven’t the guts or the imagination to do something similar. Maybe they could mock up a shirt with some protest messages, could even have stars of David instead of European cup stars and ……oh, hang on a minute
What, and bit the hand that is feeding them?

This gif nicely sums up the attitude of fans of the club formerly known as Manchester City...

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28714 on: May 17, 2019, 01:02:33 pm »
You might want to recall what happened when Thaksin Shinawatra tried to buy us. People were dead against it and protested due to his appalling human rights record. People were not willing to compromise morals for the offer of investment in the team.

Not sure what happened to him when we chased him out of town though. I'm sure the next club he tried to tap into would have been just as against him, and wouldnt have given him a loveable nickname after Frank Sinatra.

;)

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #28715 on: May 17, 2019, 01:08:58 pm »

Miguel Delaney in the Indo:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/manchester-city-vs-watford-fa-cup-final-premier-league-treble-pep-guardiola-abu-dhabi-a8917671.html

OK, this is really interesting. The tone of so many of these accounts is basically identical to the anonymous MAGA/ disinfo accounts that Twitter keeps purging. I saw City fans aggressively defending Abu Dhabi and Mansour but I just thought they were just tribal knobheads. Is the suggestion that some of these pro-Abu Dhabi and pro-Mansour voices are actually part of the PR effort? Or is it just stupid c*nts putting football tribalism before matters of conscience?
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28716 on: May 17, 2019, 01:27:41 pm »

I know. You'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind in order to have the awareness levels of the idiots who use the 'Bin Dippers' term.
Thing is, the whole country is the same. Go to any town or city and you will see the same problems to some extent or another. It's a national tragedy, but some blinkered weirdos seem to believe it's just a Liverpool thing.

I've long since stopped going into Manchester. I find the place to be grey, dirty, deeply depressing and unwelcoming these days. My partner and I simply won't spend our money there now. We've even gone as far as Bristol and Leeds to see a band we like on tour rather than go to the Manchester gig. I know Liverpool has its problems and its morons, but Manchester is on a whole different level unfortunately. Last time I went shopping there I saw sprayed on a wall ''Don't mug a local, rob a tourist''.  :o

Mancunians need to give it a rest with the Bin Dippers jibe. Facts are that the whole country (apart from the already wealthy) are suffering because of Tory policy and their divide and conquer approach to the working classes. Wherever you go, you will see bin dipping, or to give it its posh term, dumpster diving. It's a national tragedy in the fifth richest nation on Earth, and not something we should be taunting each other about. Same goes for unemployment (sign on).

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #28717 on: May 17, 2019, 01:48:38 pm »
Speaking about the high-profile financial fair play (FFP) case, Pep Guardiola said: "I trust the people at the club and they are innocent until proven guilty. I have spoken to the chairmen and the CEO's and I know exactly what they did so I trust them. We are innocent today."

Just taken from the BBC.

Well that's okay then. No need for UEFA to take this further. The owners have never lied, no sirree bob

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #28718 on: May 17, 2019, 01:49:29 pm »
Nah. Go for it mate if you're ready.

Thoughts from any random 18 year old.

And mine, from 12 years ago.

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28719 on: May 17, 2019, 01:50:36 pm »
Trying not to let this circus send me the over  the edge, the disdain i have for this outfit (nothing to do with football rivalry)  just the sheer arrogance of all involved make me sick to the stomach.  Dirty cash i want you dirty cash i need you wooahh.