Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 219434 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #280 on: April 28, 2018, 07:33:15 am »
Surely there is a different status quo up there now.  Are Rangers even remotely capable of competing with Celtic financially? 

No different status quo.

Ranagers are expected to beat Celtic. I can't highlight enough how it's a poor side and a Micky mouse league.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: April 28, 2018, 07:39:23 am »
I'm not sure how people can say he won't learn anything.

He would learn stuff at any managerial job he takes, and he will learn stuff there like he wouldn't learn at most mid table championship clubs.

I agree the Scottish league is fucking shite, far worse than even the championship, on the other hand though he will learn about the pressure of managing a big club ( relatively to the Scottish league).

I personally think he should take a mid table Championship club, and their is a risk of failure - but you get that risk at any club. He could also get the chance of European experience which he won't get at most clubs.

I couldn't give a shit about the rangers vs Celtic fans on here, saying they won't support him - fuck off!! Liverpool legend and you wouldn't wish him well?

Would absolutely love it if he smashed it there, hopefully he takes a few of our best talents on loan there and developments then for us as well.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: April 28, 2018, 07:40:22 am »
True, but you have to take into account that (yet again for Rodgers ;D) they had no first choice forwards for many games, and have, to date, played 56 games already, on top of the 59 games last season with a really short pre-season before they started playing competitive games again for the CL. They were bound to have a bit of a slump this season (much like Arsenal did in 2004-05 after their Invincible season (going from undefeated to losing 5 league games) after their exertions of last year. I bet next year they step it up again and have a bigger points margin, regardless of who the Rangers manager is.

Unless Rodgers buys Borini again :D

Also, Aberdeen are currently second, and were second last year too :D

Im not quite sure the games Rodgers has had no first choice forwards in? Dembele was injured for a month pre season, and Griffiths for a month in February apart from that both have been pretty fit, plus they have the lad on loan from PSG.

His problem is that he has chopped and changed between them, to the detriment of their forms, meaning none have reached double figures for goals this session.

And as for the number of games played, are they likely to have any less next season as well? They have now to play 4 qualifiers (8 games) just to even qualify for the Champions League, so its likely even less of a break they will get (not sure how the world cup affects the calendar).

It's about players, though, Rick. Always has been. That's why one of the best managers of this century is currently fighting relegation (successfully) with Newcastle, even though he's one of the best tactical minds out there.

Whatever players Rangers get, Celtic can get better ones. Just like City can down in the South.

Gerrard would have to be an outright management genius to overcome that.

Time will tell, but history isn't on his side.

You are right to an extent, it is about the players by in large, but much like Liverpool with regards City & their budget, that doesn't mean you give up. As an Old Firm manager, what you need to do is focus on being consistent and better than the rest of the division first. That's your bread and butter, and given the difference in budgets between even Rangers and the rest, that's what they should be aiming for.

Then you just go in treating the 4 Old Firm games like cup finals. Rangers were actually starting to show signs they were coping with them better since Pedro left, drawing at Parkhead and narrowly losing at Ibrox in a game that could have went either way. Admittedly, the sh!t show in the semi final knocked them back.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:42:05 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: April 28, 2018, 07:48:31 am »
If you believe the rumour mill in Glasgow and a couple of Rangers ITK's its a done deal and he should be announced next week, apparently Tom Culshaw going with him and Gary Mac and possibly Jordan Milsom as well.

Its a very interesting move for him, one thing i haven't seen mentioned in the last few pages is the fact that the Rangers owner Dave King and his family are all massive Liverpool supporters, he was pictured beside Kenny on Tuesday night and is apparently prepared to dig deep to fund transfers such is his determination to get Stevie to Ibrox.

Dig deep lol.

This is where Dave King is at right now:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/business-consumer/rangers-chairman-dave-king-breach-12440597?utm_source=google_news&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=google_news&utm_content=sitemap

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: April 28, 2018, 07:50:37 am »
I'm not sure how people can say he won't learn anything.

He would learn stuff at any managerial job he takes, and he will learn stuff there like he wouldn't learn at most mid table championship clubs.

I agree the Scottish league is fucking shite, far worse than even the championship, on the other hand though he will learn about the pressure of managing a big club ( relatively to the Scottish league).

I personally think he should take a mid table Championship club, and their is a risk of failure - but you get that risk at any club. He could also get the chance of European experience which he won't get at most clubs.

I couldn't give a shit about the rangers vs Celtic fans on here, saying they won't support him - fuck off!! Liverpool legend and you wouldn't wish him well?

Would absolutely love it if he smashed it there, hopefully he takes a few of our best talents on loan there and developments then for us as well.

He might as well manage in Iceland as he would learn more.

Poor league.. poor standards.. poor players... learns nothing there.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: April 28, 2018, 07:52:52 am »
He would be a legend up there if he could overhaul celtic. Even so I'm still not sure he's got the necessary experience yet, infact he definately hasn't. It's a big ask and finishing second to Celtic is never gonna be good enough for long. Rangers have seemed like a club in turmoil over the years and despite getting back closer to the top I'm still not sure how well they are run.

For me it just seems a bit sudden, it's strikes me as Impatience on Stevie's part to take such a high profile job so early into his coaching career.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: April 28, 2018, 08:00:48 am »
He would be a legend up there if he could overhaul celtic. Even so I'm still not sure he's got the necessary experience yet, infact he definately hasn't. It's a big ask and finishing second to Celtic is never gonna be good enough for long. Rangers have seemed like a club in turmoil over the years and despite getting back closer to the top I'm still not sure how well they are run.

For me it just seems a bit sudden, it's strikes me as Impatience on Stevie's part to take such a high profile job so early into his coaching career.

It has John Barnes Celtic situation written all over it but worse as Ranagers are not going to overhaul Celtic and Aberdeen are a better side than Ranagers.

Think you're right though if Stevie joins them it does seem like he just wants to take over a big named club rather than the right club.

He would learn more staying with us. 

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: April 28, 2018, 08:18:24 am »
It has John Barnes Celtic situation written all over it but worse as Ranagers are not going to overhaul Celtic and Aberdeen are a better side than Ranagers.

Think you're right though if Stevie joins them it does seem like he just wants to take over a big named club rather than the right club.

He would learn more staying with us.

If Aberdeen are a better side than Rangers why has Rangers beaten them in every game this season?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: April 28, 2018, 08:22:34 am »
They're likely to be ahead of you on merit tomorrow being 3 points ahead ad things stand. Liverpool have beaten City in 3 of 4 games this season and haven't beaten West Brom in 3 games. Head to head means fuck all.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: April 28, 2018, 08:23:51 am »
If Aberdeen are a better side than Rangers why has Rangers beaten them in every game this season?
And celtic might be better, but the gap is closing and its now down to 10 points.

If stevie gets the finiacial backing, plus the obvously connections he has with liverpool  (as in access to loans etc) plus the overall respect he has in the game, I reckon he could better than people think.

Rafa thinks he could do well, Klopp thinks he can do well etc Would rather listen to them than the pundits and internet fans on here.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: April 28, 2018, 08:38:27 am »
They're likely to be ahead of you on merit tomorrow being 3 points ahead ad things stand. Liverpool have beaten City in 3 of 4 games this season and haven't beaten West Brom in 3 games. Head to head means fuck all.

Yeah, but that's in a season where we've had the upheaval of a manager change and having a caretaker in trying to purge the squad of a lot of the Pedro signings.

Already just now, the squad seems better than August, the likes of Murphy, Cummings, Arfield, with possibly Mcgregor and Mcarthur joining, much more suited to the Spl than the likes of Kranjcaer, Herrera & Pena. I certainly think Gerrard will want to add 3 or 4 more guys he knows.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #291 on: April 28, 2018, 08:40:51 am »
Whatever happened to Jordan Rossiter? Is he still there?

Big challenge for him, seems a strange call all round for a first managerial job. Does winning the league with Rangers make you a cert to be a successful Liverpool manager down the line?

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: April 28, 2018, 08:51:12 am »

Big challenge for him, seems a strange call all round for a first managerial job. Does winning the league with Rangers make you a cert to be a successful Liverpool manager down the line?

He's still there, same problem as always with Jordan, he just can't get himself fit. It's a shame as he'd be perfect as a midfielder in a Gerrard midfield you would imagine.

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: April 28, 2018, 08:51:32 am »
Off to Anfield and then The Old Firm tomorrow.  Will put an update on the feeling amongst the fans of both Rangers and Celtic tomorrow evening.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 08:57:25 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: April 28, 2018, 08:53:22 am »

Nah just like rodgers, the scottish league is shite and winning the league their shouldn't give them access to the top jobs in europe.

It would be a massive massive step in the right direction if he was to win the league though, and stop the celtic dominance and sort of show rodgers up.

It would also give him access to more high profile jobs in the championship/lower premier league jobs.

It's a risky move and will be a lot of pressure but Hopfully he succeeds, love the man.

Looking on the rangers forum though, they are all compltely buzzing over it.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: April 28, 2018, 09:02:52 am »

You better believe it

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: April 28, 2018, 09:48:23 am »

So what if they've.

Celtic have trashed Ranagers most times they've played them this season.

Aberdeen are above Ranagers in the league.

Aberdeen managers decided to stay rather than join Ranagers. Ranagers are fish and chip wrapper news mate.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: April 28, 2018, 09:52:37 am »
For such a non competitive league, funny how the Scottish league has been more competitive this season than the Premier League. It would definitely be a good job for him to take in a year or two. IMO. Maybe this season is a little too early.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #298 on: April 28, 2018, 09:52:58 am »
You better believe it

Thank you Kenneth!

Seemed like the perfect continuity choice at the time (I was only 12 though!).

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: April 28, 2018, 10:05:48 am »
So what if they've.

Celtic have trashed Ranagers most times they've played them this season.

Aberdeen are above Ranagers in the league.

Aberdeen managers decided to stay rather than join Ranagers. Ranagers are fish and chip wrapper news mate.

Yep, they are that irrelevant that 1 of your greatest ever captains and players full stop has chosen them as hopefully the first step in his managerial career.

McInnes has got Aberdeen fighting at probably their maximum level. Lennon likewise at Hibs. But by your own admission, a very poor Rangers side is just about level with them in the league.

So, surely you can see the logic that if Gerrard comes in and signs 3 or 4 decent players, & is half the coach / manager everyone on here thinks he can be, that he can improve Rangers and get them at least established as the 2nd team, hopefully a lot closer to Celtic?!

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: April 28, 2018, 10:46:10 am »
Yep, they are that irrelevant that 1 of your greatest ever captains and players full stop has chosen them as hopefully the first step in his managerial career.

McInnes has got Aberdeen fighting at probably their maximum level. Lennon likewise at Hibs. But by your own admission, a very poor Rangers side is just about level with them in the league.

So, surely you can see the logic that if Gerrard comes in and signs 3 or 4 decent players, & is half the coach / manager everyone on here thinks he can be, that he can improve Rangers and get them at least established as the 2nd team, hopefully a lot closer to Celtic?!

No, I can't.

Celtic are too far in front now and have more money.

Aberdeen manager turned the club down as expections of the club are far too big for a club that's small time now. They will expect to win things but Celtic rule.

Aberdeen are a better team than Ranagers.

As for 3/4 players. Ranagers shop at Accrington Stanley mate, they won't be getting these big named quality players any time soon even if Gerrard is there.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #301 on: April 28, 2018, 10:49:33 am »
I think he'll take it. I bet he's frustrated with the U18's because he's lost loads of lads to the U23's because of all our loans and he wants to win things.

It's Steven Gerrard ffs, he wants to win stuff.

I think it would be brilliant for him, bet he's talking to Souness, proper historic massive club with huge support and a European pedigree in the doldrums.

A great challenge for him, early in his career or not, a fabulous opportunity, bit more on the line than MK Dons  ;D

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: April 28, 2018, 10:58:23 am »
It's about players, though, Rick. Always has been. That's why one of the best managers of this century is currently fighting relegation (successfully) with Newcastle, even though he's one of the best tactical minds out there.

Whatever players Rangers get, Celtic can get better ones. Just like City can down in the South.

Gerrard would have to be an outright management genius to overcome that.

Time will tell, but history isn't on his side.

Of course mate, but at least to put a little bit of pressure on Celtic, or do well in cup games, since Rodgers isn't that good in short competitions (from our experience).

Speaking about players, Celtic seems to have good scouting system. I guess Gerrard needs to find 3-4 gems from some unpopular leagues, and that could be enough to challenge in that relatively poor league.

I don't know, i want Gerrard to do well, and maybe i could start watching scottish premiership  :D
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: April 28, 2018, 11:01:14 am »
No, I can't.

Aberdeen manager turned the club down as expections of the club are far too big for a club that's small time now. They will expect to win things but Celtic rule.

As for 3/4 players. Ranagers shop at Accrington Stanley mate, they won't be getting these big named quality players any time soon even if Gerrard is there.

I can see you have your views and aren't budging, so there's no point in discussing further.

Let's just wait and see as it looks like it's going to happen.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: April 28, 2018, 11:09:47 am »
I can see you have your views and aren't budging, so there's no point in discussing further.

Let's just wait and see as it looks like it's going to happen.

It looked like the Aberdeen manager was going to take the job and didn't.

Look, if he does take it then I wish him all the best but I think this is a crazy decision if he does.

Ranagers are a nothing club now that's going nowhere would be better waiting for the right club or staying at Liverpool.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: April 28, 2018, 11:27:56 am »
It looked like the Aberdeen manager was going to take the job and didn't.

Look, if he does take it then I wish him all the best but I think this is a crazy decision if he does.

Ranagers are a nothing club now that's going nowhere would be better waiting for the right club or staying at Liverpool.

True. Let's just see then. Enjoying your digs as well.  ;)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: April 28, 2018, 11:48:47 am »
No, I can't.

Why do you keep on saying this,is it the same reason why you keep spelling Rangers wrong ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: April 28, 2018, 11:53:20 am »
Why do you keep on saying this,is it the same reason why you keep spelling Rangers wrong ?

I keep saying it as it's true.

Finished above them last season and are above them this.

Accept that Rangers are a very poor side.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: April 28, 2018, 12:00:36 pm »
I keep saying it as it's true.

Finished above them last season and are above them this.

Accept that Rangers are a very poor side.

RANGERS have a game in hand and a much better GD.

Can you type Rangers or do your fingers betray you ?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: April 28, 2018, 01:45:36 pm »
Not showing alot of patience so far. Should put in the hard yards in the Liverpool setup before branching out on his own. His been here 5 minutes and now he wants to take a job like Rangers.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: April 28, 2018, 02:39:59 pm »

They'll lose tomorrow as they're pants.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: April 28, 2018, 04:20:16 pm »
Reckon this would have been a good move for him if it'd come a year or two later. Too soon right now, I reckon.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: April 28, 2018, 04:26:20 pm »
They'll lose tomorrow as they're pants.

;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: April 28, 2018, 04:27:30 pm »
Is Fordy caught in a loop again? The fucker just keeps repeating the same things.  ;D

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: April 28, 2018, 08:45:22 pm »
Is Fordy caught in a loop again? The fucker just keeps repeating the same things.  ;D
he does know Charlie started off there? Then again they hated him so may explain it

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: April 28, 2018, 11:12:38 pm »

Their game in hand is against Celtic tomorrow. No fucking chance they'll win. :lmao

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: April 29, 2018, 12:31:47 am »
Potentially the only club job in Britain more toxic than the Bitters, you're much much better than the mutants Stevie, (I don't much care for Celtic either tbf).

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #317 on: April 29, 2018, 03:58:05 am »
Good luck to him. Its been years since Celtic had some competition and I'm sure he'll do well if given time (by that I mean more than a year to sort them out), the chairmen etc are probably well aware they need a big rebuild job in more ways than one after the previous manager. Very likely he signs a few kids from the English youth league as he can offer them games.

If he gets Rangers into the Champions League group stage he will take them further than Rodgers ever does with Celtic.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #318 on: April 29, 2018, 04:51:53 am »
Good luck to him. Its been years since Celtic had some competition and I'm sure he'll do well if given time (by that I mean more than a year to sort them out), the chairmen etc are probably well aware they need a big rebuild job in more ways than one after the previous manager. Very likely he signs a few kids from the English youth league as he can offer them games.

If he gets Rangers into the Champions League group stage he will take them further than Rodgers ever does with Celtic.

Yer wha?

;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #319 on: April 29, 2018, 07:45:28 am »

Its odd isn't it? His idol made his name at Ranagers as well, you'd think he wouldn't mind them.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.