Author Topic: FSG (*)  (Read 832332 times)

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
Re: FSG (*)
« Reply #8680 on: April 20, 2017, 10:15:02 am »
Markovic in hindsight looks like wasted money, but I wouldn't necessarily class it as a terrible decision (at the time), given that he was one of the top-rated young players in Europe then, and since he's still very young so most of that transfer value is still retained. Furthermore, he was never put on huge wages so his contract isn't keeping other clubs from taking him on.

The club might make a small loss on him, but it was worth the risk given the potential upside (which might still come good, you never know... he's still only 23).

An example of a bad decision would be if you spend money on an older player and give them huge wages, only to find out that they aren't worth it and you can't get rid of him. (eg. Joe Cole, Balotelli, etc)

I am going to do something bizarre here and defend Joe Cole.

Well kind of, actually no, I can't.

However he was a H&G signing so not really relevant to FSG. Balotelli was just a nightmare from beginning to end, I can see some reasoning as to why we would sign him, but the one guy he needed to support him, calm him and bring him on actually didn't want him, Rodgers!!
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8681 on: April 20, 2017, 10:29:24 am »
Sorry Al but again you seem to be trying to spin plates here.

You just don't know enough, none of us do, to properly decipher whether players we sign at a young age are 'outstanding talents in their age group'. You seem to mistake being outstanding talents for being hyped up at a young age. I get the impression you'd criticise FSG for not trying to sign Freddy Adu if they'd been here at the time. At the moment we've got a number of very good youngsters who seem to be moving towards being pretty important squad members in the future, either those that have some through the ranks or players we've signed from elsewhere. We've got a number of players here already, signed by FSG, who were signed at a young age and have become excellent first team players for us. So again, don't really see what your issue is. Well I do, but you know. If you weren't so utterly blinded by a pretty irrational hatred of our owners, you'd take a step back and you'd see that. We have an outstanding manager, a number of excellent fairly young players who are already important first team players (Coutinho, Mane, Firmino, Henderson, Clyne, Matip) and a number of others who look ready to step up and be important players in the future (Origi certainly, Gomez and then the youngsters like Woodburn, TAA, possibly Wilson). This is what we've been wanting for years, for the squad to be supplemented by players from our own system. We now seem to have that, and a manager who will stick with it, but again for you its not good enough because you want to find any reason to have a pop at the owners. Again, they've made mistakes which everyone has acknowledged, but the club is moving forward and seem really well set up for the future.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #8682 on: April 20, 2017, 11:04:27 am »
So maybe we should all accept that this is a football forum and on it people express their opinion.

Al I don't think anyone is suggesting that you shouldn't have the right to express your opinion. Of course you should. That's obviously the whole point of the forum. It's just the way in which you express your "opinions" that leaves us all scratching our heads at you. I think I mentioned to you a few pages back that when 15 to 20 people are all telling you the same thing and all pointing out how difficult it is to discuss your "opinions" with you then it might be time for a little introspection.

Just because you preface something outlandish with "in my opinion" doesn't mean that it is no longer outlandish. I mean I could say "in my opinion we need to be signing players earlier in their development". It would be just me expressing an "opinion". The only thing is though, it's not an opinion that's factually rooted. Is it? It leaves me wide open for other posters to come a long and rattle off a list of young players that the club has in fact signed. Which, in turn, would render my opinion completely baseless.

With respect mate, that's kind of the problem with your posting style. You never concede that you're wrong - even when a landslide of contrary factual evidence is placed right under your nose. The previous page being a perfect example. Sure, what you said about us needing to sign more young players may have just been an "opinion", but when you look at it in the light of factual evidence there's very little substance to it. I say things that are off side too. I've been pulled on here many times. Have had to back down and admit I was wrong. You should try doing the same from time to time Al. It would help us all to get along a little better ;)
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline 5yearplan

• Main Stander
  • If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans
« Reply #8683 on: April 20, 2017, 11:17:14 am »
Markovic in hindsight looks like wasted money, but I wouldn't necessarily class it as a terrible decision (at the time), given that he was one of the top-rated young players in Europe then, and since he's still very young so most of that transfer value is still retained. Furthermore, he was never put on huge wages so his contract isn't keeping other clubs from taking him on.

The club might make a small loss on him, but it was worth the risk given the potential upside (which might still come good, you never know... he's still only 23).

An example of a bad decision would be if you spend money on an older player and give them huge wages, only to find out that they aren't worth it and you can't get rid of him. (eg. Joe Cole, Balotelli, etc)

Ok MarKovic is probably a poor example, but I was trying to make the point that all clubs make good and bad decisions on all sorts of things, it doesn't make them bad owners or, as some seem to be suggesting here malicious, it just makes them people, for gods sake we elect Tory goverments, and the people who do it honestly think they are making a good decision.

Some posters on here seem to want to level every single thing that is not 100% pefect with the club at the owners door and that simply is not the case, people make good and bad decisions, F.S.G have made some poor ones from our point of view, but also some good ones, but certain posters have decided that the root of all evil can be found in one place.

So I will reiterate at the risk of sounding pompous, in my opinion some posters have decided which conclusions they wish to draw from the facts in front of them, and when one avenue of attack is exhausted another is quickly taken up

Coming soon John Henry held the nails while they crucified Christ

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8684 on: April 20, 2017, 11:28:02 am »
Seems to me that if we paid 90 million for Pogba people would bitch and moan F.S.G were wasting money and if we buy an up and coming player for 5 million F.S.G have no ambition

I have asked this before but i dont think I got an answer from anybody, What should F.S.G  be doing?, and if the answer is make better decisions about whatever the particular thing is you are bitching about, I have a question for you.
If you're so smart why aren't you rich?

My point being, that everybody makes good and poor decisions, for example buying Coutinho for 8.5 million was a good decision as was Suarez for 22 million, Sturridge for 12 million didn't suck either, but MarKovic for 20 million looks like wasted money.

The Mancs sold Pogba and then payed 90 million to get him back, not even sure which is the bad decision there (maybe both) and they have people who are so called football people and a massive network of scouts and yet still make dubious decisions.

The truth is as in all poor debates, some people decide on a conclusion and then twist the facts to suit that conclusion

I want them to hire someone like Monchi.

The truth is that our wage bill is one of the highest in the world 7th or 8th maybe .. The money we spent under FSG is one the highest too .. Facts..

Yet many clubs have better squads than us .. They are stupid when it comes to building a team ..

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #8685 on: April 20, 2017, 11:31:44 am »
I want them to hire someone like Monchi.

The truth is that our wage bill is one of the highest in the world 7th or 8th maybe .. The money we spent under FSG is one the highest too .. Facts..

Yet many clubs have better squads than us .. They are stupid when it comes to building a team ..
You'd be hard-pressed to find many squads with as much quality and average age as ours...

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8686 on: April 20, 2017, 01:25:13 pm »
Emre Can(21), Marko Grujic(20), Philippe Coutinho (20), Danny Ings (23), Divock Origi (20).

Approx. ages at purchase. I don't understand how this is different than what you are requesting? Do you want more of them signed? More success stories?

They are not the best of their age group though:
Neymar (21), Dybala (21), Eriksen (21), Batshuayi (22), Depay (21), Renato Sanches (18)
Would be example of players in the best of young players in their age groups, all of which were proven 'Wonderkids'

Whoever lands Tielemans (19), and Sessegnon (16) this summer would be further examples.

Its obvious why Liverpool haven't managed to sign this level of young players in the past and the reason is CL Footy and £.
My point is you can really say that Neymar was in the same bracket as Coutinho when we signed him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8687 on: April 20, 2017, 01:38:14 pm »
They are not the best of their age group though:
Neymar (21), Dybala (21), Eriksen (21), Batshuayi (22), Depay (21), Renato Sanches (18)
Would be example of players in the best of young players in their age groups, all of which were proven 'Wonderkids'

Whoever lands Tielemans (19), and Sessegnon (16) this summer would be further examples.

Its obvious why Liverpool haven't managed to sign this level of young players in the past and the reason is CL Footy and £.
My point is you can really say that Neymar was in the same bracket as Coutinho when we signed him.

:lmao

What?!

A proven wonderkid?

Go on, how is Tielemans at 19 (20 in 3 weeks) more of a proven wonderkid than Coutinho at 20?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8688 on: April 20, 2017, 01:48:10 pm »
Al I don't think anyone is suggesting that you shouldn't have the right to express your opinion. Of course you should. That's obviously the whole point of the forum. It's just the way in which you express your "opinions" that leaves us all scratching our heads at you. I think I mentioned to you a few pages back that when 15 to 20 people are all telling you the same thing and all pointing out how difficult it is to discuss your "opinions" with you then it might be time for a little introspection.

Just because you preface something outlandish with "in my opinion" doesn't mean that it is no longer outlandish. I mean I could say "in my opinion we need to be signing players earlier in their development". It would be just me expressing an "opinion". The only thing is though, it's not an opinion that's factually rooted. Is it? It leaves me wide open for other posters to come a long and rattle off a list of young players that the club has in fact signed. Which, in turn, would render my opinion completely baseless.

With respect mate, that's kind of the problem with your posting style. You never concede that you're wrong - even when a landslide of contrary factual evidence is placed right under your nose. The previous page being a perfect example. Sure, what you said about us needing to sign more young players may have just been an "opinion", but when you look at it in the light of factual evidence there's very little substance to it. I say things that are off side too. I've been pulled on here many times. Have had to back down and admit I was wrong. You should try doing the same from time to time Al. It would help us all to get along a little better ;)

What contrary factual evidence.

You are passing other people's opinions of as fact and then using it as a stick to beat me with.

I will say it again when the highest rated players on the global stage become available we aren't there competing whatever the age group. Someone earlier was trying to pass Danny Ings off as an example of us targeting the World's best young players. It is laughable. You try and pass yourself off as neutral but only really seem to disagree with people who question FSG.

You then come up with the best bit which is that me being constantly attacked is proof that it is somehow my fault. Get to fuck even when i don't post in here I still get attacked. For me the reason is crystal clear anyone who questions FSG gets the same response.

Even Graham who has done more for the supporters than the lot of you put together constantly has his motives questioned.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8689 on: April 20, 2017, 01:55:23 pm »

I will say it again when the highest rated players on the global stage become available we aren't there competing whatever the age group.

We bid €50mn for Asensio. Real rejected it. Its in today's AS, Cadena SER and Independent.

Klopp has said that if the right player is available, we'll do all we can. That is all anyone can expect.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8690 on: April 20, 2017, 02:00:29 pm »
Seems to me that if we paid 90 million for Pogba people would bitch and moan F.S.G were wasting money and if we buy an up and coming player for 5 million F.S.G have no ambition

I have asked this before but i dont think I got an answer from anybody, What should F.S.G  be doing?, and if the answer is make better decisions about whatever the particular thing is you are bitching about, I have a question for you.
If you're so smart why aren't you rich?

My point being, that everybody makes good and poor decisions, for example buying Coutinho for 8.5 million was a good decision as was Suarez for 22 million, Sturridge for 12 million didn't suck either, but MarKovic for 20 million looks like wasted money.

The Mancs sold Pogba and then payed 90 million to get him back, not even sure which is the bad decision there (maybe both) and they have people who are so called football people and a massive network of scouts and yet still make dubious decisions.

The truth is as in all poor debates, some people decide on a conclusion and then twist the facts to suit that conclusion

Are you really equating being rich as being smart.

I present you Hicks  and Gillet.

What people want is for FSG to implement a football structure that matches the business operation and for LFC to make decisions in the best interests of LFC.

Torres summed it up brilliantly for me.

“I don’t think it’s so important the owners are in England, in Liverpool,” he says. “What I think is important is that they put someone in charge who is in Liverpool — the right person who understands what Liverpool means. I am sure most owners have many businesses. The only thing they have to do in football is give the money that you need to compete with others. Whatever name you want — the president or the sporting director — they need to understand Liverpool, the feelings. He has to listen to the fans and listen to the players and do a job that is up to the level of the club, meeting the standards that have been set through history.

“You need someone there who understands what Liverpool is, because for the owners it is just a business and without someone telling them the right information it will fail. OK, if they are in Liverpool it will help them but if they are not, put someone in charge who is there and understands football and the club.”

No let's see the schoolyard mob disagree with that.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8691 on: April 20, 2017, 02:15:45 pm »
We bid €50mn for Asensio. Real rejected it. Its in today's AS, Cadena SER and Independent.

Klopp has said that if the right player is available, we'll do all we can. That is all anyone can expect.

It may be true but then again it may be Madrid hyping the young player they are looking to use to fill James Rodriguez's boots next season. For me personally it smacks of the latter has any of our chosen journalists backed up the claims.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #8692 on: April 20, 2017, 03:04:15 pm »
It may be true but then again it may be Madrid hyping the young player they are looking to use to fill James Rodriguez's boots next season. For me personally it smacks of the latter has any of our chosen journalists backed up the claims.

It smacks of the latter because it suits your agenda.

As for Graham Smith, everything he has done for the club doesn't make him infallible and above reasoned questioning, to think that it does is quite frankly stupid.

Unless of course we accept what good FSG have done and don't question them either, but then again that wouldn't suit your agenda either.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8693 on: April 20, 2017, 03:12:23 pm »

Of course it is. Why else would RM leak a story that one of their most talented youngsters is wanted to by Liverpool and they rejected a big money bid ? Its all because you think they want him to fill the boots of a benchwarmer. It makes perfect sense.

Your cynicism is always logical.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8694 on: April 20, 2017, 03:18:50 pm »
It smacks of the latter because it suits your agenda.

As for Graham Smith, everything he has done for the club doesn't make him infallible and above reasoned questioning, to think that it does is quite frankly stupid.

Unless of course we accept what good FSG have done and don't question them either, but then again that wouldn't suit your agenda either.

No it smacks of Madrid looking to hype their player because we tend to hear about our prospective transfer targets through the usual channels. It reminds me of the don't worry about Sterling leaving because we have Ibe nonsense here. Given how many stories we have had from the favoured journalists talking about how much we are going to spend it would be surprising if our interest hadn't been flagged up.

No one has a problem with reasoned question it is the absurd notion that anyone who questions anything FSG is only doing so because of their agenda which is nauseating.

Again the use of the word agenda. Why not separate the good things and the bad things FSG have done and debate them in a sensible manner instead of just attacking the poster.

In a similar vein to Graham's last post what is your opinion on what Torres said.

I don’t think it’s so important the owners are in England, in Liverpool,” he says. “What I think is important is that they put someone in charge who is in Liverpool — the right person who understands what Liverpool means. I am sure most owners have many businesses. The only thing they have to do in football is give the money that you need to compete with others. Whatever name you want — the president or the sporting director — they need to understand Liverpool, the feelings. He has to listen to the fans and listen to the players and do a job that is up to the level of the club, meeting the standards that have been set through history.

“You need someone there who understands what Liverpool is, because for the owners it is just a business and without someone telling them the right information it will fail. OK, if they are in Liverpool it will help them but if they are not, put someone in charge who is there and understands football and the club.”

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8695 on: April 20, 2017, 03:26:27 pm »
No it smacks of Madrid looking to hype their player because we tend to hear about our prospective transfer targets through the usual channels.

Well the usual channels have suggested that we'd have close to £200mn to spend in the summer. So this bid looks in keeping with that information.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8696 on: April 20, 2017, 03:27:44 pm »
Of course it is. Why else would RM leak a story that one of their most talented youngsters is wanted to by Liverpool and they rejected a big money bid ? Its all because you think they want him to fill the boots of a benchwarmer. It makes perfect sense.

Your cynicism is always logical.

They are reportedly looking to offload Rodriguez in the summer to make room in the squad for a talented kid in Asensio they picked up for peanuts a couple of seasons ago. Madrid are used to galacticos and the Club spending huge sums on players. By leaking this story Asensio goes from being a 3.5m purchase to someone they turned down a 50m euro bid for.

As for cynicism,  to be honest yes I am very cynical about what Madrid choose to make public to the Spanish press.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8697 on: April 20, 2017, 03:28:17 pm »

Go on, how is Tielemans at 19 (20 in 3 weeks) more of a proven wonderkid than Coutinho at 20?
To be fair, Tielemans probably is more proven than Coutinho was then, this has been his real break through season. He absolutely leaves this summer, no questions asked.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #8698 on: April 20, 2017, 03:31:03 pm »
Cast your mind back a few years to when Martin Odegaard was being hawked around - we missed out and many predicted the sky was falling in. He ended up at Real Madrid and lately has gone a two year loan to Herenveen. He was the hottest prospect of his generation but he didn't develop at the rate expected of him. Physical and mental development play a huge part in how young players adapt to the demands of moving to a high profile club.
You look at Kilian Mbappe and think where the frig did he come from? because no one had heard of him prior to this season.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8699 on: April 20, 2017, 03:32:54 pm »
Well the usual channels have suggested that we'd have close to £200mn to spend in the summer. So this bid looks in keeping with that information.

Except the usual channels have sad fuck all prior to the bid. As for the £200m unless we sell a lot of players with low amortised values on the books I struggle to see how we could possibly spend 200m and stay within FFP given our wage bill and the fact that we made a loss in the last accounts.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8700 on: April 20, 2017, 03:36:32 pm »

The independent have quoted those Spanish sources and haven't asserted those claims themselves. How credible they are, who knows.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #8701 on: April 20, 2017, 03:39:10 pm »
Even Graham who has done more for the supporters than the lot of you put together constantly has his motives questioned.
I haven't seen anyone knocking Graham. 

As the spokesman for SOS it's his job (and your vocation' ;) )to be subjectively one-eyed when it comes to FSG.
Kill the humourless

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #8702 on: April 20, 2017, 03:40:09 pm »

This is the impression I have always had of transfer policy under Klopp so I don't know what else can be expected. The money is clearly there and Klopp is identifying the targets. If we bid £50 million for a player and he rejects us because he wants to go to Barca or wherever what more can the club do? As I pointed out ages ago in this thread we sometimes have to accept that players simply don't want to come to us. There are clubs out there with much bigger profiles and recent success. I know we are a great club which deserves the best but that doesn't cut it in the transfer market unless you have a sugar daddy owner - something we all seem to agree that we don't want at Liverpool. Reality may be hard to swallow sometimes but just because a player chooses Madrid or Juventus over Liverpool does not mean we weren't interested or tried to sign him. It implies no fault on the owners or the manager. Rather simply, it just tells us that the player's ambitions lay elsewhere. Frustrating as it may be to accept, I would rather have players that really want to play for Liverpool rather than someone whose mind is already straying to the jackpot move to Barca. I'm sure that is Klopp's attitude as well.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8703 on: April 20, 2017, 03:41:06 pm »
What contrary factual evidence.

You are passing other people's opinions of as fact and then using it as a stick to beat me with.

I will say it again when the highest rated players on the global stage become available we aren't there competing whatever the age group. Someone earlier was trying to pass Danny Ings off as an example of us targeting the World's best young players. It is laughable. You try and pass yourself off as neutral but only really seem to disagree with people who question FSG.

You then come up with the best bit which is that me being constantly attacked is proof that it is somehow my fault. Get to fuck even when i don't post in here I still get attacked. For me the reason is crystal clear anyone who questions FSG gets the same response.

Not sure it's an opinion that we signed two of England's highest rated youngsters in their age group who have represented them multiple times at u15 and u16 level. Or that Gomez was signed having won the euro u17 championship and been named in the team of the tournament. You chose to ignore that with some dig about the England team instead.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8704 on: April 20, 2017, 03:43:46 pm »

Do go on.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8705 on: April 20, 2017, 03:48:45 pm »
Not sure it's an opinion that we signed two of England's highest rated youngsters in their age group who have represented them multiple times at u15 and u16 level. Or that Gomez was signed having won the euro u17 championship and been named in the team of the tournament. You chose to ignore that with some dig about the England team instead.

Chose to ignore it or just made the point that signing good English talents doesn't equate to signing the most talented players in the World in an age group.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8706 on: April 20, 2017, 03:51:21 pm »
Do go on.

Stop chopping up my posts and looking to troll please.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8707 on: April 20, 2017, 03:53:13 pm »
Stop chopping up my posts and looking to troll please.

It was a pretty simple request Al, wasn't looking for a debate or an argument. You said something just looking for you to back it up, no biggy. As has already been mentioned, I certainly don't remember anyone questioning Grahams motives never mind constantly.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8708 on: April 20, 2017, 03:55:50 pm »

As the spokesman for SOS it's his job (and your vocation' ;) )to be subjectively one-eyed when it comes to FSG.

You couldn't of reinforced the stereotype any more if you tried.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline 5yearplan

• Main Stander
  • If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans
« Reply #8709 on: April 20, 2017, 03:57:25 pm »
Round & round & round we go.

Done with it

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #8710 on: April 20, 2017, 03:57:36 pm »
The wheels of the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.

The wheels of the bus go round and round, all through the town.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8711 on: April 20, 2017, 04:02:22 pm »

There is no one as blind as those that wish not to see.

It was a pretty simple request Al, wasn't looking for a debate or an argument. You said something just looking for you to back it up, no biggy. As has already been mentioned, I certainly don't remember anyone questioning Grahams motives never mind constantly.

That is a perfect example of what I mean the assumption that SOSs role is to be one eyed towards FSG.

We should all be on the same side and working towards the best interests of the Club.

Whilst you are here mate what is your opinion of the what the fella you saw for the first time at the Leicester game the other night had to say.

I don’t think it’s so important the owners are in England, in Liverpool,” he says. “What I think is important is that they put someone in charge who is in Liverpool — the right person who understands what Liverpool means. I am sure most owners have many businesses. The only thing they have to do in football is give the money that you need to compete with others. Whatever name you want — the president or the sporting director — they need to understand Liverpool, the feelings. He has to listen to the fans and listen to the players and do a job that is up to the level of the club, meeting the standards that have been set through history.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8712 on: April 20, 2017, 04:04:34 pm »
Round & round & round we go.

Done with it

How about commenting on what Torres said.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8713 on: April 20, 2017, 04:12:38 pm »
We should all be on the same side and working towards the best interests of the Club.

Whilst you are here mate what is your opinion of the what the fella you saw for the first time at the Leicester game the other night had to say.

Ok cool, so I'm just gonna pretend you didn't say people were constantly calling Grahams motives into question because I don't think you really have any examples and certainly not a lot of them, so best to just chalk that one up as a bad shout.

The Torres interview? It was all a bit sad to be honest, the guy broke my heart. But not sure he's really the best person to be talking about how to run a football club. I mean part of the interview was saying no-one asked him to stay, then he was talking about how four or five separate people asked him to stay, how he felt betrayed by Kenny the most, about how he liked Roy Hodgson who was a fine coach and wasn't allowed to pick the team he wanted because of some Australian fitness coaches? I mean fine, it was a bit heartwrenching to read but I'm really not sure its the right place to be bringing it up. The part above? Again, yeah fine. Its already been talked about, it was clearly a weakness in the past and that seems to have been remedied somewhat. Would it be nice to see the owners more often? Yeah maybe, don't really see a big issue with that though.

But yeah I mean if we're suddenly taking interviews as complete gospel, which you've constantly disagreed with, then a lot of interesting points in there.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8714 on: April 20, 2017, 04:13:02 pm »
Chose to ignore it or just made the point that signing good English talents doesn't equate to signing the most talented players in the World in an age group.
You ignore work permit issues though. We couldn't have signed Coutinho at 16 like Inter did, for example.

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8715 on: April 20, 2017, 04:13:52 pm »
How about commenting on what Torres said.

Letting Purslow anywhere near a position of power at the club was the biggest blunder of them all. But he came in under Hicks and Gillet, if I remember correctly. Comolli was a pretty big mistake of an appointment too, even if Suarez came in under his watch.

So yes, I certainly agree that they have appointed people who haven't been up to scratch in any shape or form. Perhaps that is where I think they have been the most wrong. IN a perfect world, they would have found someone with a proven track record in football. There was a lot of talk about David Dein at some point, Brian Barwick too. Maybe one of them at the helm and we'd have progressed far quicker than we have.

I have some hope for Peter Moore, being from Liverpool and all. I think Edwards deserves a chance too as I think he and his team has done quite a few good things.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #8716 on: April 20, 2017, 04:15:13 pm »

Not one eyed at all, and from the posts I see from Al, he isn't either.

We've both said FSG have done and are doing good things (both repeatedly said that) - but their tenure cannot yet be called a success in what should be the main reason for them being here - footballing success.

However, having been closer than many to the movements in the Club since H&G, it is clear that Torres' warning is spot on the money. I can give example after example of supporters warning the management that they were getting things wrong, local management having to refer to Boston, Boston getting it wrong anyway and then having to back track.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #8717 on: April 20, 2017, 04:16:26 pm »

It's the wheels on the bus not of the bus. Can't even get that right.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 04:18:32 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8718 on: April 20, 2017, 04:19:30 pm »
It's the wheels on the bus not of the bus. Can't even get that right.

Excuse me for being from Sweden and not knowing the exact words of an English children's song.

That was a low blow on your part.

Fucking childish too.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 04:22:11 pm by Groundskeeper Willie »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #8719 on: April 20, 2017, 04:20:21 pm »
You couldn't of reinforced the stereotype any more if you tried.

'have' not 'of'.  :wave
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.