Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 779781 times)

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #2680 on: January 20, 2019, 02:09:51 pm »
Such brilliance to keep the ball in play and get it into Mane's path for the 4th

Very easy to love Robbo
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2681 on: January 21, 2019, 11:54:27 pm »
He's a beast!

Offline Kopite13

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2682 on: January 22, 2019, 03:14:54 am »
Not sure if it’s to be found anywhere on the site but does anyone have conclusive footage of Andy handballing before the Sadio goal?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2683 on: January 22, 2019, 06:49:16 am »
Not sure if it’s to be found anywhere on the site but does anyone have conclusive footage of Andy handballing before the Sadio goal?

You can watch it on the iPlayer or HERE & HERE

I wouldn't want to play poker against him.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 06:51:46 am by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Kopite13

• Main Stander
« Reply #2684 on: January 22, 2019, 04:43:52 pm »
So nothing conclusive then!  ::)

Cheers anyway WhereAngelsPlay, thanks for the links!  :wave

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2685 on: January 22, 2019, 05:09:44 pm »
Was handball,sly as you like,one of the shows (think it was MOTD) slowed it right down.

Brilliant it was,just enough on it to make the difference.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #2686 on: January 22, 2019, 05:13:32 pm »
Anyone on the thread mention we haven't won a league without a scotsman in the squad?
Seen us win everything

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2687 on: January 22, 2019, 05:36:10 pm »
Anyone on the thread mention we haven't won a league without a scotsman in the squad?
SHHHHHHHH  ;D

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2688 on: January 31, 2019, 01:17:42 am »
Is he fatigued?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2689 on: January 31, 2019, 01:50:12 am »
Is he fatigued?
I think he was like most of the players last night, below their best. Don’t think it’s a fatigue thing, possible he’s had the bug a few have had?

Plus I think Leicester set up so as not to allow him space/opportunity to get forward
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2690 on: January 31, 2019, 06:43:02 am »
I think he was like most of the players last night, below their best. Don’t think it’s a fatigue thing, possible he’s had the bug a few have had?

Plus I think Leicester set up so as not to allow him space/opportunity to get forward

I actually think it is fatigue - be it mentally or physical. He has been off the boil recently and his rash challenges are on the up. It is unlike him and it worries me coming to the business end of the season as we have no adequate replacement at his level. I think he is one player whose time hasn't been managed well. I thought he was too conservative going forward.  Not his usual self.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2691 on: January 31, 2019, 07:26:37 am »
Is he fatigued?

I’m fatigued, drained from all this tension  ;D

He just made a poor decision

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2692 on: January 31, 2019, 07:32:01 am »
The conditions didn't suit him, if he played his normal game he would have broken a limb. He's close but he's not Superman.

No fatigue, no tiredness and it's forecast to be relatively mild in London on Monday night when normal service will be resumed.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2693 on: January 31, 2019, 08:15:54 am »
Is he fatigued?
11 days rest and still fatigued?
Believer

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2694 on: January 31, 2019, 08:18:21 am »
Loved that moment when he beat about three or four players before releasing Mane who was fouled. Did he get the assist for Mane's goal as well or was it touched before it reached him?

One rash tackle doesn't make him a bad player, we should have defended the free-kick better.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2695 on: January 31, 2019, 08:24:05 am »
I actually think it is fatigue - be it mentally or physical. He has been off the boil recently and his rash challenges are on the up. It is unlike him and it worries me coming to the business end of the season as we have no adequate replacement at his level. I think he is one player whose time hasn't been managed well. I thought he was too conservative going forward.  Not his usual self.

He's a new Dad, give him a break.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2696 on: January 31, 2019, 10:22:19 am »

I have made an observation and expressed a concern. In what way am I to give him a break??? 

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2697 on: January 31, 2019, 10:26:10 am »
In what way am I to give him a break???

For one, dont keep crying and keep him awake through the night.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2698 on: January 31, 2019, 10:27:08 am »
I have made an observation and expressed a concern. In what way am I to give him a break??? 
Yeah, to be fair that's a pretty ridiculous comment. If his performances are going to suffer, the fact that he's a new dad doesn't make it better for our title push.

That challenge would have broken the internet if Moreno had done it. Needs to be a one-off.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #2699 on: January 31, 2019, 10:32:03 am »
I actually thought he was one of our better players, just unfortunate he conceded an untypical rash challenge in a dangerous area.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #2700 on: January 31, 2019, 10:33:37 am »
Loved that moment when he beat about three or four players before releasing Mane who was fouled. Did he get the assist for Mane's goal as well or was it touched before it reached him?

One rash tackle doesn't make him a bad player, we should have defended the free-kick better.

We've normally done well coping with the 2nd ball, our offside traps have worked to perfection, yesterday things just didn't click so well for us.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2701 on: January 31, 2019, 02:22:52 pm »
Yeah, to be fair that's a pretty ridiculous comment. If his performances are going to suffer, the fact that he's a new dad doesn't make it better for our title push.

That challenge would have broken the internet if Moreno had done it. Needs to be a one-off.

The "rash" is one of those things. It happens. Moreno doesn't come into this equation save for the fact he should have been given more game time (in terms of stealing minutes from Robertson as opposed to a starter) as Robertson"s consistency has gone off the boil. He can do great things in a game and is also now prone to " mistakes / being caught out etc"  where previously you just couldn't find it in his game. He was consistently very good. Being a new Dad may be a factor but it simply doesn't detract from his performance which lately hasn't been of his usual high standard. Where previously he was solid as hell - now there is doubt. Unfortunately- there is a big drop whoever deputizes.

I actually thought he was one of our better players, just unfortunate he conceded an untypical rash challenge in a dangerous area.

I am different here. I can live with and excuse the "rash" challenge. Fouls are conceded at any time. As a team we simply didn't defend the 2nd / 3rd ball. I felt that his all round game going forward was not great. Should have offered more. Too often he took the easy option to recycle the ball by checking back when he may have looked to take his opponent on. Only much later he began the overlapping run - too little to late. Granted-there were times when he wasn't fed and a through ball was on. We simply needed more urgency from the entire time.

For one, dont keep crying and keep him awake through the night.

Perhaps if you had fed him a warm milk bottle, he would have sleep right through the night despite my tears.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2702 on: January 31, 2019, 02:47:27 pm »
He's sublime, i'm really shocked at that challenge as its not like him at all, he rarely dives in and tends to stand his man up only comitting when he has a good chance of coming out with the ball at his feet, was odd to see him do the opposite when he had help as well

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2703 on: January 31, 2019, 11:27:23 pm »
He's sublime, i'm really shocked at that challenge as its not like him at all, he rarely dives in and tends to stand his man up only comitting when he has a good chance of coming out with the ball at his feet, was odd to see him do the opposite when he had help as well

Ya, it was very out of character. This thread could be renamed WTF was that Robertson? :)
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2704 on: February 1, 2019, 01:20:15 pm »
It was weird as it really looked like he (and I know I did at home) had a really bad feeling from the resulting free kick.

Robertson has looked tired at times this season but hopefully the schedule opens up enough now that he can play every game (lets say 18 more games in 3.5 months including Europe). If he can't, what is the plan B? Milner?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2705 on: February 1, 2019, 09:09:11 pm »
I think Robbo is very good at what he does but has limitations. He is very one footed and as a result plays the ball back in to midfield far too often. He is far better when we have a progressive right back and most of the play goes down the right flank. When the left flank is expected to make the play like the the other night he struggles a bit. He isn't going to take his opposite full back on and his dependence on his left peg and his preference to play the ball back infield means his stance is too closed to play the ball down the line.

We prefer to suck teams across to the left and then look for the long switch out to Trent which suits Robbo perfectly but without Trent on the right we struggle to get width.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2706 on: February 4, 2019, 04:18:54 pm »
I think Robbo is very good at what he does but has limitations. He is very one footed and as a result plays the ball back in to midfield far too often. He is far better when we have a progressive right back and most of the play goes down the right flank. When the left flank is expected to make the play like the the other night he struggles a bit. He isn't going to take his opposite full back on and his dependence on his left peg and his preference to play the ball back infield means his stance is too closed to play the ball down the line.

We prefer to suck teams across to the left and then look for the long switch out to Trent which suits Robbo perfectly but without Trent on the right we struggle to get width.

He does seem a bit one-footed I agree. There again lefties always do to us right-footers and, by extension, we often overlook how one-footed our lot are). But Robertson is not confined to going on the outside. Such is his pace and ball control that he can - and often does - come inside his man and then drive through the middle. Last week this resulted in Robertson taking out a couple of Leicester players and slipping through Mane who was promptly hacked down by the last defender. It's by no means the first time that Robertson has been shown inside and spectacularly exploited the space.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2707 on: February 9, 2019, 10:29:00 pm »
Didn't appreciate how good his pass was for the Wini goal. Phwoooar.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #2708 on: February 9, 2019, 10:33:49 pm »
For sheer effectiveness and for trying to play out of his skin every game, he is a shoe-in for our Player of the Season now.
It's nice to see a defender getting the praise that is so often only given to goal scorers.

Can't remember the last LB we had that was as reliable as him.........Aurelio???
And Andy is better than Aurelio imo.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2709 on: February 9, 2019, 10:33:56 pm »
8 assists on the season hopefully he scores as well

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2710 on: February 9, 2019, 10:50:06 pm »
8 assists on the season hopefully he scores as well

he needs to start shooting in order score (and not the west ham variety of shot).

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2711 on: February 10, 2019, 11:00:27 am »
Anyone else reminded of Stevie G by Robbo's running style?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2712 on: February 10, 2019, 11:03:53 am »
Don't know about running style but that little pep talk after Salah's goal reminded me of Stevie a little bit.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2713 on: February 10, 2019, 11:08:56 am »

Reminds me more of Steve McManaman's little bit hunched running but maybe i'm remembering that wrong  :D

Offline Soucolorado

• Main Stander
« Reply #2714 on: February 10, 2019, 11:11:28 am »
For sheer effectiveness and for trying to play out of his skin every game, he is a shoe-in for our Player of the Season now.
It's nice to see a defender getting the praise that is so often only given to goal scorers.

Can't remember the last LB we had that was as reliable as him.........Aurelio???
And Andy is better than Aurelio imo.

Unfortunately injuries prevented Aurelio from being reliable. It is a very long time since we had a LB as dependable as Robbo.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2715 on: February 10, 2019, 12:20:10 pm »
Unfortunately injuries prevented Aurelio from being reliable. It is a very long time since we had a LB as dependable as Robbo.
Yeah, I meant reliable as in performances on the pitch.

Can anyone remember the last LB we had that was just as awe-inspiring as Robbo? In other words, when was the last time we had the best LB in the league :)

Online Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #2716 on: February 10, 2019, 08:36:47 pm »
Yeah, I meant reliable as in performances on the pitch.

Can anyone remember the last LB we had that was just as awe-inspiring as Robbo? In other words, when was the last time we had the best LB in the league :)
Probably the last time we won the league?

I always thought John Arne was a decent LB. he scored a decent amount of goals for his position.

Robbo seems to get better and better. What an absolute bargain at £8m - a steal if anything!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2717 on: February 10, 2019, 09:38:18 pm »

I always thought John Arne was a decent LB. he scored a decent amount of goals for his position.

Robbo seems to get better and better. What an absolute bargain at £8m - a steal if anything!
Yeah good shout - ole ging was decent, and a good pal of Stevie to boot.

I strongly believe that Klopp has managed to unleash the beast in young Andy. He's made an £8M player into an £80M player.....ya get ma drift :D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2718 on: February 10, 2019, 09:56:07 pm »

Not even then, think it was mainly Burrows who played there that season.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2719 on: February 10, 2019, 10:22:46 pm »
Actually, we're all forgetting the recent past.... what about our very own Scouse Cafu? Still remember his goal at WHL with fondness.
He was definitely an integral part of our title push in 2013/14.
I read that after a particularly solid performance in the derby, Stevie said that he was applauded into the dressing room!
Sad to see that he was never the same after his long injury lay-off.

And Carra was fairly decent and reliable at LB.