Author Topic: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...  (Read 150884 times)

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...
« Reply #1080 on: September 19, 2010, 06:10:12 pm »
As if am arsed about a bit of spelling.

Your teacher must of loved you, you sound a right pedantic arse wipe.

It's "must have"...  ;)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: September 19, 2010, 06:10:13 pm »
Not too happy with the S i r Alex thing. Seems it got auto edited. Can someone do it to Roy as well?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1082 on: September 19, 2010, 06:10:19 pm »
We should get 21 points from seven games without counting Chelsea at Anfield, if we manage to get these 21 points I think we'd be fifth by that point, not that bad IMO.

I admire your positivity mate, but fear you are in for a major disappointment.

royhendo

« Reply #1083 on: September 19, 2010, 06:10:51 pm »
Makes me want to vomit this - why not quit arguing with each other and turn the guns on Hicks when we all need you to. I wish someone would start pressing half of you off your balls and into doing something about it. It's high time someone mongered you some fucking doom.

It's not even as if the comment's generally good.

If you're mourning the departure of Rafa, rest assured we'll all have something bigger to mourn if we don't get off our arses. Give me all the flak you want for this - I couldnt give a shit. The game's finished now and every time you check Rob's thread has disappeared down the board.

Some of you are writing fucking essays for christ's sake. Go and write an essay to the people proposing to fund Hicks's full takeover. Say goodbye to any prospec of being competitive at Old Trafford if that happens.

Offline shockwave_dave

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1084 on: September 19, 2010, 06:10:57 pm »
Nothing to do with Rafa's tactics from last season ffs

What's nothing to do with Rafa's tactics from last season ffs?

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1085 on: September 19, 2010, 06:11:57 pm »
roy needs to look at agger and sktrel at the back

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #1086 on: September 19, 2010, 06:12:33 pm »
Makes me want to vomit this - why not quit arguing with each other and turn the guns on Hicks when we all need you to. I wish someone would start pressing half of you off your balls and into doing something about it. It's high time someone mongered you some fucking doom.

If you're mourning the departure of Rafa, rest assured we'll all have something bigger to mourn if we don't get off our arses. Give me all the flak you want for this - I couldnt give a shit. The game's finished now and every time you check Rob's thread has disappeared down the board.

Some of you are writing fucking essays for christ's sake. Go and write an essay to the people proposing to fund Hicks's full takeover. Say goodbye to any prospec of being competitive at Old Trafford if that happens.
It's not suprising Roy , but it is so annoying.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: September 19, 2010, 06:12:37 pm »
We should get 21 points from seven games without counting Chelsea at Anfield, if we manage to get these 21 points I think we'd be fifth by that point, not that bad IMO.

Perhaps should, but so far nothing has really given me enough confidence to say we'll do it. 21 points, or at least 19, is where we have to be. Sadly, with the way things are going now 9-12 is more realistic.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #1088 on: September 19, 2010, 06:13:24 pm »

I think though, he means that a change in tactics is always going to have a short-term negative effect. Look at Rafa at Inter- short term slump and a few games they should've won drew/lost. Rafa's class and will turn it around, it's just a team getting used to Rafa after Jose.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: September 19, 2010, 06:13:43 pm »

Appreciate what you have done but is it wrong to think about football (on the field?)

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #1090 on: September 19, 2010, 06:15:24 pm »

People cant talk about the football? Everyone knows what needs to change.We send our emails ,read what SOS have to say , give the owners all the flak we possibly can. WHAT MORE CAN WE DO? Shall we just lock every thread thats to do with football?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: September 19, 2010, 06:15:54 pm »
I think though, he means that a change in tactics is always going to have a short-term negative effect. Look at Rafa at Inter- short term slump and a few games they should've won drew/lost. Rafa's class and will turn it around, it's just a team getting used to Rafa after Jose.

A new manager new ideas usually means positive effect on a team so I don't see why Rafa keeps getting mentioned

Offline Borninbethlehem

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1092 on: September 19, 2010, 06:17:14 pm »
This Torres watching is going way over the top - we have seen performances like today's from him lots of times over the years - he'll bang in two next week

Exactly. He assisted both goals today due to him actually getting some good service. He did way more than Rooney did all match, yet Nando is probably the one who will get slagged off in the papers.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #1093 on: September 19, 2010, 06:17:21 pm »
People cant talk about the football? Everyone knows what needs to change.We send our emails ,read what SOS have to say , give the owners all the flak we possibly can. WHAT MORE CAN WE DO? Shall we just lock every thread thats to do with football?
Post of the thread.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline shockwave_dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: September 19, 2010, 06:17:42 pm »
A new manager new ideas usually means positive effect on a team so I don't see why Rafa keeps getting mentioned

Like any change in system, in anything, it takes time to implement it and eradicate the old

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #1095 on: September 19, 2010, 06:18:05 pm »
I see Ferguson has said "I was sitting there thinking to myself, is it going to be 10?".

Yeah....to get near scoring 10 though you'd actually have had to have a shot on target, you fucking bacon-faced turgid hard shoulder shitting c*nt.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1096 on: September 19, 2010, 06:18:38 pm »
Your posts are superb mate , they really are , enjoying reading them whilst Juan is away , where is he by the way ?
Hehe. Maybe we can start an MOTD bingo/sweepstake, with bonus points for every time Linekar makes a pun or 'joke' that would make Keith Chegwin cringe with shame and make Timmy Mallet cry tears of embarrassment.

No idea where Juan is, as it happens, though he does evil and cynical a lot better and funnier than I do I must say.

I realise there are different tactics. But i am watching the same side make the same mistakes as they did last season. Granted the defending system has changed, but the general play (of most league games so far) is as static as it was in Rafa's last year. It's the same problems rolling into this year, with other problems of Roy's (such as the crosses coming in). It's just going to take a bit of time for Roy to get Rafa's tactics out of the players, and his own implemented.
Ah fair does, I get you now. What you've posted there is totally fair enough, I agree with that analysis almost completley.
No, it makes sense in terms of 'it takes time for players to stop doing what they would under the old system and embrace the new'. Rafa himself probably played to that a lot - it was a long time before we truly changed Houllier's shape, and the adjustment in tactics was very gradual. Far more gradual than Roy's attempting, from what I can see so far.

For example, I'm seeing Torres still trying to play as he did under Rafa - it worked in those tactics but under Roy's it's bordering on a liability to have a lone striker who can't/won't hold the ball up. It hugely exacerbates the inherent gap between midfield and attack. That may well be a case of Roy needing to 'get out' of Rafa's way of doing things, and getting him to buy into his approach - though I suspect it'll take some good results in the next few weeks for Torres to buy into anything, if that's where the problem is.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline GTM1

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • In Rafa we Trust
3 Goals let in again!!!!!!
« Reply #1097 on: September 19, 2010, 06:18:59 pm »

How many times did Rafa teams let in 3 goals in his 6 years?

Uncle Roy has let in 3 in 2 of his 5 league games.

its going to be a tuff season .

Have sky sports started slating Man to Man marking yet?

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1098 on: September 19, 2010, 06:19:36 pm »
This Torres watching is going way over the top - we have seen performances like today's from him lots of times over the years - he'll bang in two next week
I have to disagree sorry I hope he bangs 2 in next week tho
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: September 19, 2010, 06:19:47 pm »

Like any change in system, in anything, it takes time to implement it and eradicate the old

Again I ask... doesn't a new manager usually bring about a "feel good" atmosphere in the team and on the pitch performances? Certainly for whatever reason on the pitch we haven't seen that.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1100 on: September 19, 2010, 06:20:22 pm »
Fucking gutted. How O'Shea wasn't sent off I'll never know.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #1101 on: September 19, 2010, 06:20:31 pm »
Gutted with the performance more than the result. We were outplayed today and we didn't seem up for it.
What the fuck happened on the post for the first goal is beyond me and Carra's limitations were exposed for their winner.
Can't get to boiled up over the mistakes though as it papers over the real inadequacies - the team selection, ball retention and tactics.

We are slowly turning into Wolves/West Brom/Fulham on the pitch and fuckin Portsmouth off it.

This is heartbreaking.
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #1102 on: September 19, 2010, 06:22:37 pm »
roy needs to look at agger and sktrel at the back

No
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #1103 on: September 19, 2010, 06:23:24 pm »

Yes Roy.

Lets write some more letters, that'll teach them.....they'll defo fuck off.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: September 19, 2010, 06:23:55 pm »
Fucking gutted. How O'Shea wasn't sent off I'll never know.

Have a look a the actual laws of the game.

Then you'll know.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline AriGold

• Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1105 on: September 19, 2010, 06:24:52 pm »
Have a look a the actual laws of the game.

Then you'll know.
So you think that wasn't a red?

LoL.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Offline Redeo

• Kopite
« Reply #1106 on: September 19, 2010, 06:25:08 pm »

Don't agree at all about Cole.

On Meireles' substitution, he was dead on his feet. He had to come off
Of course you don't agree (at all) about Cole.  You, most of the people around here, Hodgson, 'mainstream' media probably too...  That precisely is the problem.  By the time people realize his limitations I fear Liverpool will be at the level of his own game (mediocre).  Funny how ruthless and successful managers, Capello and Ancelotti, had no problems realizing that..
It's a website mate. Names can't be named. If they were, there'd be mutiny. If they aren't, people will scream ... ask for proof. But you will never find 100% proof of anything on here. So, .. look at all evidence, weigh everything up and make a decision.

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1107 on: September 19, 2010, 06:25:26 pm »
Again I ask... doesn't a new manager usually bring about a "feel good" atmosphere in the team and on the pitch performances? Certainly for whatever reason on the pitch we haven't seen that.

I suppose it's hard to "feel good" when the club doesn't have a pot to piss in, though.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #1108 on: September 19, 2010, 06:25:48 pm »

We are slowly turning into Wolves/West Brom/Fulham on the pitch and fuckin Portsmouth off it.

We're there already. In saying that, Baggies were able to do a job against Brum. Don't give a damn if it was at home they won the game and are now above us. As are all the other teams you mentioned.
PSN ID - hajme1   

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1109 on: September 19, 2010, 06:25:48 pm »
no its not wrong, but if you do think about football on the field, then you also need to think about this.

"Up to last week when Hicks turned up with his plan, the worst-case scenario was that Liverpool would end up in mid-table without Champions League football again, but in no danger of going down, and would struggle along until the Americans went, sooner or later, and new owners would come along and rescue the club."

the fact that all those players you saw today, they will all be gone when they are sold to pay back part of the interest

Soon we will be thinking about playing nottingham forest and leeds united in the championship again if hicks is allowed to refinance for even another 2 years.

I know all that, I knew that while the 90 mins was being played and it'll still be there tomorrow. I'm sure there are lots on here that can do what they can and send mails / letters etc just like everyone else but does it mean that actually football matches can no longer be discussed? Do you not think on the pitch matters will also affect the players etc?

I personally think or it certainly looks like something bigger needs to be done as the letters part of the campaign has reached it's limit

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #1110 on: September 19, 2010, 06:27:35 pm »
Yes Roy.

Lets write some more letters, that'll teach them.....they'll defo fuck off.
Sorry mate , but their's no need for that whatsoever.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1111 on: September 19, 2010, 06:27:43 pm »
How many times did Rafa teams let in 3 goals in his 6 years?

Uncle Roy has let in 3 in 2 of his 5 league games.

its going to be a tuff season .

Have sky sports started slating Man to Man marking yet?

From memory...in the league:

Arsenal 2005 3-1
Chelsea 2005 - 1-4
Everton 2006 - 3-0
Arsenal 2006 - 3-0
Reading 2007 3-1
ManUtd 2008 - 3-0
Arsenal 2009 - 4-4
Villa 2009 - 1-3

Offline Dubai_Red

• Can smell nullshit from 4,608 miles away
  • Kopite
« Reply #1112 on: September 19, 2010, 06:29:15 pm »
You know what, I'm not going to stop going on about Rafa. Fuck all yous who want to moan about it.

We got shot of a fucking amazing manager, a bloke who got us, a bloke who stuck up for us, a bloke who stood up to the pricks we hate, a bloke who stood up to the owners and wouldn't be bullied, and a bloke who took us to within a whisker of the title. A bloke who won us the champions league, made us a fucking terrifying proposition in Europe, a bloke who delivered batterings to the likes of the team we played today and Real Madrid, and you want people to NOT go on about him?!?

Fuck off. He was the mustard. The dogs bollocks. As good as it gets. And we got rid of him after ONE shite season to replace him with a yes man, a lovely old gent who kisses the arse of Ferguson and who has one of the worst records in the league.

No, I won't stop going on about Rafa, and I won't stop comparing the two. If you don't like it that's just tough shite.

And if you aint down with that, then have a look at my avatar!!!

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #1113 on: September 19, 2010, 06:29:32 pm »
From memory...in the league:

Arsenal 2005 3-1
Chelsea 2005 - 1-4
Everton 2006 - 3-0
Arsenal 2006 - 3-0
Reading 2007 3-1
ManUtd 2008 - 3-0
Arsenal 2009 - 4-4
Villa 2009 - 1-3

I almost spat on my screen when I saw this.
PSN ID - hajme1   

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: September 19, 2010, 06:30:07 pm »

LoL.

Lol all you fucking want. Its only a red if he's denying a clear scoring chance....Torres was about 15 feet from the ball...not a clear scoring chance.

It was a booking and a free in. Check the rules. Or listen to skys 'last man' version of them.

@rednich85

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1115 on: September 19, 2010, 06:30:52 pm »
I almost spat on my screen when I saw this.

huh?

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1116 on: September 19, 2010, 06:31:33 pm »

Offline AriGold

• Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1117 on: September 19, 2010, 06:31:41 pm »
Lol all you fucking want. Its only a red if he's denying a clear scoring chance....Torres was about 15 feet from the ball...not a clear scoring chance.

It was a booking and a free in. Check the rules. Or listen to skys 'last man' version of them.
:lmao
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: September 19, 2010, 06:31:56 pm »

Dermot Gallagher said the rules state that only if it's a clear goalscoring opportunity then it's a red and that Van Der Sar would have got to the ball first. I screamed for a red card for ages though ;)

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: September 19, 2010, 06:33:18 pm »
Yes, you can, but i am taking a different viewpoint, my own assumption is that the players morale and passion for the game have been crushed by the off field shenanigans, apart from a few exceptions. The result is the lack of passion, and desire which I have been observing for the good part of 1 year and will likely continue.

Do you see any passion on the pitch? do you see any determination or will to win? or do you see a team or a manager that has been defeated before they even step on the pitch?

I believe that until that passion comes back then what I see is not likely going to change, hence for me there is no point talking about football at this point, because, i expect to see the same thing over and over again until something happens to reignite that passion.