Author Topic: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...  (Read 150902 times)

Offline JohnBarnesBigToe

• Legacy Fan
  • We decide when it's over
Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...
« Reply #1760 on: September 21, 2010, 12:51:57 pm »
No pressure on the ball.
No pressure on the ball.
Standing off and letting crosses come in.
No high tempo-pressing.
No pressure on the ball.

No wonder we lost.

This.
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques". Bill Shankly

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1761 on: September 21, 2010, 01:42:10 pm »

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1762 on: September 21, 2010, 01:58:16 pm »
The likes of Cole and Gerrard are right when they say we passed the ball quite well against United.  There was some good link up play between Mereiles, Cole and Gerrard.  The problem is it all took place on our halfway line, rather than in the final 3rd where we can actually hurt them and the space created can produce scoring opportunities.

So much would be solved by our play moving 30 yards up the pitch.  I think Carra making way for Agger would help us hugely in this regard but I don't quite by the fact Carra's lack of mobility is the one factor dictacting our defensive line.  there's been scores of central defenders who have managed to play in high defensive lines despite their pace dwindling.  Just need Hodgson to be a little bit braver.  Playing a higher defensive line wouldn't just improve us going forward - it would actually have just as positive an impact in defence too, if not more so.

Second half we did a much better job of playing higher up the pitch.  This demonstrates to me Hodgson identified the problem at half time.

I was pretty furious with some of his decisions but Hodgson deserves credit for the N'Gog switch.  It wasn't the obvious change to make but was effective.

Offline Purple Aki Fitness Club

• Main Stander
  • Student Discounts Available!
« Reply #1763 on: September 21, 2010, 07:57:51 pm »

they didn't even play you div
mr sitter, you are the div. Look up irony in an encyclopaedia before posting again

Offline underdog

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1764 on: September 21, 2010, 08:06:39 pm »
We have a decent team, so why do we keep playing so far from decent football?

For me the answer is we don't utilise what we have. We're playing Cole in the hole(when not banned), Gerrard in CM and Agger on the bench. We're trying to play football suited to a big man upfront with a fast pacey striker behind him, and we don't have the players for it.

We're lacking out wide thus far this season, simple as that. So when Dirk is fit he gets his place back because he produces results no matter how poor people see him as. Then shift Cole out to the left, Gerrard in behind Torres, Lucas and Meireles behind that. CBs are a bitter topic right now it seems but lets say Agger should be one of them so we can get the ball to Lucas who can then give it to Meireles and so on.

All players have their preffered position but it's a team game, and you play where is best for the team, and right now I think Gerrard is best in hole wile Cole goes out wide, we don't have time for him to "learn" a new position. Then we can keep the ball, move it about quickly and give it Torres in some decent positions for a change. If we could just feed him then he'd bag plenty of goals, I hate to think how many he would score if he was playing in the current Chelsea team, we need to build a team purely with the intention of making the most of him.

We can play the dire, boot it to the big guy when Torres is injured, N'gog deals with that situation better than Torres.

Offline Purple Aki Fitness Club

• Main Stander
  • Student Discounts Available!
« Reply #1765 on: September 21, 2010, 08:11:54 pm »
Why though?

Leave that to us, thats what we do. His job is to select a team and tactics to win football games

Mind games no matter how much the press and that monkey keys goes on about them, do not exist.

Now back to my job. Fuck you Whiskeycock
fair point Rushy, however it isa still galling ot think that Bacon Face rants away unchecked, unchallenged, and Roy does not make a dicky bird of noise about it. He should stick his wine glass up his hoop and piss down the alcoholic gobshite's throat.