Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2779031 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Very interesting....
It is, but it's shitbag retrospective reflection. They knew, they always knew, but they sucked it all up as the PL brand grew stronger with the influx of brilliant players.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
So..would we be wrong to expect the PL to follow suit as their rules regarding FFP are very similar?
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
We all know the story with FIFA. And not that long ago the banned and disgraced ex-UEFA chief Platini was arrested on corruption charges as well. What makes people really believe that UEFA won't cave in here one way or another?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This place and bluemoon are opposite ends of a spectrum right now.

City fans seem to believe they'll end up making lots of money out of this by some kind of weird logic like 2+2 = Carrot
On the other end, we have our lot thinking they'll end up in league 2 for an FFP breach.

I'd like to see the odds off either of those.

By my count, that's been said 0 times.

Ironic it's you being hyperbolic while trying to say people in the thread are overreacting

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
Never underestimate how a bottomless pit of money and a bottomless pit of lawyers can get verdicts that have nothing to do with the facts.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
Bring back Peter Swales I say.

You try me once you beg for more.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
It is, but it's shitbag retrospective reflection. They knew, they always knew, but they sucked it all up as the PL brand grew stronger with the influx of brilliant players.

Certainly can't deny the truth in that post. It's a bit like the so called "procedure" over the fitness of certain individuals to become owners in the first place. It basically wasn't worth the paper it was written on. The likes of Hicks, Gillette, the Glazers and Abi Dhabi were never fit in the first place, but they're only interested in counting the cash.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
So, if City had to give up their titles, would the players have to give their medals back as well?

Imagine, giving the best years of your career for nothing - well other than being labelled as a financial cheat anyway. ;D

Imagine when they are old and grey. The grandchildren come round to see gramps, and good old Sergio, Raheem etc pull their medals out from the kitchen drawer.

Well kids, this one is from when we cheated other clubs out of four trophies one year. This one is from when we cheated the Scousers out of the title even though they got 97 points. Mind you, the bastards trounced us the following year. Anyway, yes kids, these are the famous tainted medals from the #TaintedTitlesYears. You must all be so proud...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:11:35 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Many people have steadfastly maintained that Citys "achievements" could never be respected, much to the annoyance of City fans, but are fully vindicated now. Everything they've won in recent seasons will have a huge question mark and rightfully so.

I'm convinced they are still inflating their revenues.

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
All their goals during this time should be chalked off as well so that Shaun Goater or someone remains their all time top scorer.

Harsh.... But fair
Justice 97 - YNWA

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Bring back Peter Swales I say.

Used to be a business partner of Noel White .....

Anyway...

The question for city is ... how do you explain this away??

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
To quote David Conn,

"For all the fury and belligerence of their response, the club has not explained away the impression and apparent evidence that they deceived European football’s governing body with their financial submissions, even while they were spending huge money to star in its glittering competition."

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Never underestimate how a bottomless pit of money and a bottomless pit of lawyers can get verdicts that have nothing to do with the facts.

The bottomless pot of money is all about showing Abu Dhabi in the best possible light though. It is about a PR exercise for an abhorrent regime. It is about using City as a positive that reflects well on Abu Dhabi. They have two options claim they have been the victim of a witch hunt retire gracefully and reappear in a more favourable scenario or air their dirty laundry in public.

For me it will be the former option.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Time for the premier league to grow a pair and throw these cheating c*nts out
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Want nothing more than to see them do a Rangers/Juve.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Big question here about the credibility of the English press. It took a German newspaper to uncover all this, so begs the question what the fuck were the English papers doing? Forget about the tabloid rags, I'm talking about your 'serious' broadsheets.

Too scared to 'rock the boat'? Weaklings the lot of them, too busy propping up fairytales like a now proven financially corrupt multi-billionaire club beating the likes of the, erm, mighty QPR.

The English press's claim to fame is a myth, independent my arse. Only David Conn pursued this with any vigour and he himself was a boyhood City fan for fuck sake.

While German sports press were doing an unbelievable job, we have to keep up with the likes of Hodgson's boyfriend Henry Winter as one of the peak writers of English football. Barrels being scraped indeed.

Pardon the imagery, but up till now the British television media like Sky have been like an old whore with red and blue manc c*ck in either hand.  They don't care who pays their rent as long as it gets paid.

Online and print based outlets are slightly different, as some seem to be in ADPR FC's pocket directly, whilst many others are just click bait hacks who know precious little about football, never mind the financing side of things.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bleak!
But injustice breeds injustice; the fighting with shadows and being defeated by them necessitates the setting up of substances to combat.

Charles Dickens

(Unfortunately , I had to duckduckgo  :-[ but I did look through because I knew there would be something pertinent. A-levels,eh? what do you need them for?  :))
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
a Rangers not a juve tho

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Time for the premier league to grow a pair and throw these cheating c*nts out

If that happend City would be in League 2 as the EFL have changed their rules, so City would no longer go to the Championship if they were demoted in this way. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Big question here about the credibility of the English press. It took a German newspaper to uncover all this, so begs the question what the fuck were the English papers doing? Forget about the tabloid rags, I'm talking about your 'serious' broadsheets.

Too scared to 'rock the boat'? Weaklings the lot of them, too busy propping up fairytales like a now proven financially corrupt multi-billionaire club beating the likes of the, erm, mighty QPR.

The English press's claim to fame is a myth, independent my arse. Only David Conn pursued this with any vigour and he himself was a boyhood City fan for fuck sake.

While German sports press were doing an unbelievable job, we have to keep up with the likes of Hodgson's boyfriend Henry Winter as one of the peak writers of English football. Barrels being scraped indeed.

Totally agree, although to be fair to the press, the vast majority weren't that arsed with cheating in elections and spouting complete bollocks on sides of buses in order to win votes so they are at least being consistent.

I wondered yesterday if I should ask Stuart Brennan for a signed copy of his last article. Maybe I should wait for the one coming up.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop

Pardon the imagery, but up till now the British television media like Sky have been like an old whore with red and blue manc c*ck in either hand.  They don't care who pays their rent as long as it gets paid.

Online and print based outlets are slightly different, as some seem to be in ADPR FC's pocket directly, whilst many others are just click bait hacks who know precious little about football, never mind the financing side of things.

Sounds like Cantona's skiing holiday

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
I have to thank UEFA. I haven't even seen Ms Spion yet, but this has been the best Valentine's Day ever.  :wellin
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.

To be honest, that should really happen.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
Pretty much what I said earlier.  Not just the money they spent but the attitude they had spending it made them a lot of enemies.  They don't have enough Range Rovers for all of them either.

As an aside, I imagine other football clubs will now be looking very closely at this.  Many at or near the top table will want this punishment to stick; and I imagine a number of clubs who have already been punished would be rightly pissed off to see City get off the hook, so the pressure will be on.
I'd imagine it's Uefa & the top European/Premier League clubs vs Man City & PSG on this.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
It really is the last stand for City fans over at Blue Loon.

Run out of things to defend themselves, now the attacks on UEFA amount to this - 'Umm.... racism?'.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I have to thank UEFA. I haven't even seen Ms Spion yet, but this has been the best Valentine's Day ever.  :wellin

I wouldn't tell your Mrs that though. 😀
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
That would not be proportional. And if they were to be stripped of the titles, the seasons should be nulled without a champion. Either way, the trophies and points were won on the field and even if the squad was assembled unfairly, they still had to go and win. I don't like the idea of changing history unless there's been unsportsmanlike offences (doping, fixing etc.)
There should however be squad restrictions (Reduced spots for non homegrown players) and decreased FFP leeway (amount of loss allowed over a period of time) for atleast a few years alongside a proportional fine. That's what FA should be looking to do.
Even from a UEFA standpoint, I find the 2 year ban a bit disproportional. I personally feel that they are starting high so that they can negotiate it to 1 yr and a reduced fine like they did with Milan.

What's the difference here? It has been called financial doping. They've broken rules established to prevent clubs from gaining advantages that are unearned. They've hidden, laundered and cheated their way round systems that all other clubs have to abide by. They wanted to fix the game so that they would have a ridiculously powerful squad, despite not filling their stadium and being inconsequential as a worldwide club. This is easily as bad as other forms of cheating.

I don't want those tainted titles, though, agreed. We'll earn them ourselves thanks. Just strike their name from the record. I don't really think the FA/PL have the balls for that though. It will be a fine and some irrelevant points deduction at best.

But no one will be able to ignore their cheating now. The English press have looked the other way for years, with occasional articles that were ignored by the mainstream as they lauded their achievements. Now it's there for everyone to talk about, and all their "achievements" are tainted.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:26:13 pm by Ma Vie en Rouge »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
I wouldn't tell your Mrs that though. 😀

Oh, no. That's just between us on here.  ;)

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
If they did get thrown out of the PL there would be a fire sale of their players.

Who would you have?

I can only think de bruyne, but he'd have to take a pay cut.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:23:30 pm by KurtVerbose »

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Reports coming through of a premier league points deduction for City is imminent. 

Just on sky sports news

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
Some useless c*nt on sky sports nearly in tears telling us man city have better lawyers.

I saw that as well. It was pathetic. How is this journalism?
 ;D

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Meh, throw them out of the Premier League next season but don't deduct points from them this season. The media narrative will shift to being that our title was tainted seeing as we had no actual competition.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Reports coming through of a premier league points deduction for City is imminent. 

Just on sky sports news

So we win the league on a technicality now. FFS.

Let it kick in next season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

Just on sky sports news

Oh come on. Surely this can't get even better?  :lmao

Hopefully it kicks in next season so they start out with a minus figure.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Meh, throw them out of the Premier League next season but don't deduct points from them this season. The media narrative will shift to being that our title was tainted seeing as we had no actual competition.

Ha we have already won it. The media are not tainting this one.

Also this has also confirmed number 20 for us next season.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan

Just on sky sports news

A total waste of time *if* that's the only punishment domestically. It's utterly meaningless, they are playing for nothing and have too many points to go down. It's doing something without actually doing anything.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
What's the bets that if the PL does act it will be a points deduction on either this season or next. Which will be totally useless considering their ineligible to play in the CL anyway.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Points deduction at this stage is pointless to be honest.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
So we win the league on a technicality now. FFS.

Let it kick in next season.

Agreed. Points deduction will mean fuck all this season.