Author Topic: Match Preview: UCL QF 1st Leg Liverpool v Man City [4 April 2018, K.O 19:45 GMT]  (Read 100611 times)

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
City invite sides to press up on their center backs and goalkeeper.

The league game at Anfield was a good example of this and we took full advantage in a 10 minute spell. I can't think of too many teams that could force this Man City side into rushing passes out from the back  like Liverpool, we are the pressing masters under Klopp and that gives me hope for winning this tie.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Trend is not destiny   ;)

Exactly what I would be saying to the player if there was any residual thinking about these games in the collective.

My guess is that there is almost no thought of it for Karius --- which is why I said it reminded me of these.  I would not want to start a meme of this kind --- as Babu so rightly points out, there is a small bit of invincibility being sold by Manctity and purchased by a few of our own.

Nice usage of the name here.  April fools on me.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
I want City players looking at the Kop in the same way United players were looking at us before the Europa game kicked off.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
shitting bricks about it already, I hope Anfield is the loudest its ever been

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
shitting bricks about it already, I hope Anfield is the loudest its ever been

Me too... I hope we go all Gattuso on the blues.  Is that Otamendi about to be gored?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
Shitting it a bit but I normally am for big ones like this. Once I start making my way to the ground on match day I start to realise that as a collective we can beat anyone and that our lot are great. I hope Can is back for this one.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Tough one this. If we're in a position in where we need a goal with 20 minutes left of the 2nd leg, then i'll take that.

Probably would have been better if we lost the league game just so Guardiola wouldn't feel the need to make adjustments. I said this before the draw, City were the team i wanted to avoid the most as he is too good of a manager not to make the necessary adjustments from that loss.

Anfield needs to be rocking. Chelsea 05 alike. We need some outside sources to affect these lot.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Think well pick them apart like Real did to Bayern a few years back despite Bayern dominating possession

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Real David v Goliath game this. European Minnows Man City against 5 time winners Liverpool. Must be such a privilege for them to visit one of the great European Stadiums.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Whose great idea was it to schedule the derby as the early kickoff game when we have this huge game in midweek? Shambles.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
Is it Wednesday yet? Seriously it can’t come quick enough, Easter today, Bank Holiday tomorrow, work on Tuesday. It’s all just getting in the way, just want to get in that ground and get the place bouncing like we know it can. Come On Red Men!!!
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Whose great idea was it to schedule the derby as the early kickoff game when we have this huge game in midweek? Shambles.

It was moved because of the second leg being on a Tuesday.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
Chelsea losing today makes the game against Everton less important, do you think Klopp will rest players between the two legs against City?

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Oddly enough I'm not worried about it at all, and think we'll win. The atmosphere will be a sight to behold and let's hope it's something like that 2014 game where we booed every one of their touches for 90 minutes. I just hope we don't concede because there's always the big potential of losing the tie on away goals and that would be far worse than if we just got smashed over two legs.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Chelsea losing today makes the game against Everton less important, do you think Klopp will rest players between the two legs against City?

He caught a lot of stick resting Coutinho and Firmino last time out --- not sure what the savvy maestro will do, but I am sure there are dangers on either side.  Rule #1 &#2 are: Trust  in Klopp - TIK and Fuck Off Pep - FOP
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
The Derby team all depends what happens on Wednesday night, so let’s get that out of the way first
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
The derby is the last thing on my mind right now. We got bigger fish to fry

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Well match them or better, we always give them problems. There’s a reason Txiki was pissed off at the draw

The thing that worries me most is the last 15 minutes of this tie - well put everything into it and press them to death but as we soon as we drop off a bit it’ll be harder. In the good version we’re already 2 or 3 up and they’re in damage limitation mode

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Good post

Providing we don’t lose, I still see us being capable of getting a result at Etihad. A win without them scoring, even a 1-0 would be great

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
It should be great. I would take a draw in this one and even a score draw. Even at home they give teams an opportunity to get at them so if we can go there level then I would fancy us.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Hope they play Laporte at left back again. Salah will definitely have joy against him.

Can't wait for Sterling to go missing once again at Anfield if he plays. Wouldn't be surprised if Bernardo Silva started instead.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
I think we're more than capable of beating them, I just can't see us keeping a clean sheet though. I'd be more than pleasantly surprised if we do.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Hope they play Laporte at left back again. Salah will definitely have joy against him.

Can't wait for Sterling to go missing once again at Anfield if he plays. Wouldn't be surprised if Bernardo Silva started instead.

I thought he'd tear Ashley Young a new one as well. Laporte is decent and Salah will have joy regardless because we're not playing a Mourinho side.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Nice one BY, great stuff.

So here we are - our first UEFA Champions League Quarter Final since the days of Rafa Benitez.

Was mildly disappointed we drew Man City initially but now am so looking forward to this and in a way I was more worried about the Palace game yesterday whereas this feels like a continuation of the great times we had under Rafa, even though it's been a long time, can't wait.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Legacy Fan
I think we're more than capable of beating them, I just can't see us keeping a clean sheet though. I'd be more than pleasantly surprised if we do.

I hope we hold to 1 goal, if we beat them or draw.

Offline awraith

• Main Stander
  • Justice for the 96
I wonder if anyone knows of a reds friendly place in Barcelona or nearby that will be showing the game?

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I wonder if anyone knows of a reds friendly place in Barcelona or nearby that will be showing the game?

Phil or Luis house.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
We keep them to 1 away goal i think we win if they get 2 away goals or more i think City win. We will defo score an away goal at City. I will take 2-1 on wednesday all day.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We keep them to 1 away goal i think we win if they get 2 away goals or more i think City win. We will defo score an away goal at City. I will take 2-1 on wednesday all day.

I wouldn't be unhappy with any win. We're capaple of a draw at their place.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I think we can keep a clean sheet here.
#believe #ghostofrafa #redwall

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
I hope we hold to 1 goal, if we beat them or draw.

Yeah, can't really afford to let them score more than 1 really

Offline awraith

• Main Stander
  • Justice for the 96
Phil or Luis house.

Luis’ place would be perfect

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
The ref needs to have a good game as well.
He can have a bad game, if he awards us penalties and ghost goals, as far as I'm concerned. Any way we win I can live with.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan

Might upset some but i couldn't care less about the Everton game now. If we win we win, if we don't then so be it as top 4 looks nailed on. Play the reserves against them as this will wind them up to boot. Everton will be hell bent on kicking as many of our players as possible (as usual) with the added bonus of hoping some will be injured badly and miss the 2nd leg.

Anyway our second string is still better than their first team  ;D
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Sounds like Aguero won't be fit.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

https://twitter.com/chrisgarland197/status/980519311679860736?s=08

Everyone getting on board on Wednesday. Sea of red!!

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Come on, boys. We've got these c*nts.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
Starting line up costs on the weekend

Liverpool £228m
Man City £398m

My setup for Wednesday

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Starting line up costs on the weekend

Liverpool £228m
Man City £398m

My setup for Wednesday

If that is our starting lineup, we're done. :D
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
Ok so I’ve had a little snoop on blue moon. Generally they seem to think the 4-3 in January was simply an off day from them with their midfield disrupted by david silvas absense. They seem to be ignoring klopps record against Guardiola. This is the toughest tie in europe at the moment according to the bookies but guardiolas football philosophy is a poor fit against a klopp side with this much pace. I reckon we’ll win but I’d say that if we were playing 1970 brazil at home on a big night
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa