Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 333097 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Re: The weather, a.k.a. "the jillc's boiler's flame's gone orf" thread
« Reply #3080 on: May 7, 2021, 05:50:11 pm »
Dublin temp to improve over the next week but to piss rain.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3081 on: May 7, 2021, 06:38:14 pm »
Beautiful here again.  I've been out in the garden pretty much all afternoon and it's been lovely and warm.

Everything's ready for a good drenching again so the rain will be welcome 🙄

Same here,I've been working in the front garden all afternoon.

Making the most of it before tomorrow's downpour.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3082 on: May 7, 2021, 09:44:00 pm »
Its gone lovely here this afternoon, blue skies, white fluffy clouds and warm (12c). Lulling everyone into a false sense of security before it pisses down tomorrow

I washed the car today as it was sunny.  8)

But it will look like shit again by tomorrow night due to the wind and rain dumping all kinds of muck on it.  :-\
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3083 on: May 7, 2021, 09:53:44 pm »
I'll head to my favourite cafe on the Lane tomorrow. They have a covered section in the back area, so hoping the weather is shit enough for people to stay away.  I'll bring my gloves and some handwarmers.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3084 on: May 8, 2021, 07:51:23 am »
They weren't kidding about the rain,it's been hammering down for eight hours.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #3085 on: May 8, 2021, 08:21:47 am »
Got up to take the dog out and instead we are both under a blanket on the couch watching Wheeler Dealers, fuck that rain.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3086 on: May 8, 2021, 09:02:59 am »
According to the Met Office page, the rain should ease off around noon in Liverpool, but come back around 6pm. Hope it does. I've been up since 6.30 doing some art with my SAD light on because it's so grim outside.

Popcorn's Art

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3087 on: May 8, 2021, 09:12:16 am »
According to the Met Office page, the rain should ease off around noon in Liverpool, but come back around 6pm. Hope it does. I've been up since 6.30 doing some art with my SAD light on because it's so grim outside.

Umm... ??? ;D

I'll head to my favourite cafe on the Lane tomorrow. They have a covered section in the back area, so hoping the weather is shit enough for people to stay away.  I'll bring my gloves and some handwarmers.  ;D

Just kidding, it looks horrible out. I've been sitting here with the cat sleeping on my lap for an hour. The only problem is I can't get up to make another cuppa.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3088 on: May 8, 2021, 09:28:45 am »
Umm... ??? ;D

Just kidding, it looks horrible out. I've been sitting here with the cat sleeping on my lap for an hour. The only problem is I can't get up to make another cuppa.

Oh, I'll be going out regardless as I want some steps, but the cafe doesn't open till 11.  As long as the weather is shit enough to put off everyone going except me! ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #3089 on: May 8, 2021, 10:37:54 am »
Get a room covered terrace, you two  ::) ;D :-* :-X :P

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3090 on: May 8, 2021, 12:50:13 pm »
Not been to windy today so truck not getting blown about, rain hasn't stopped all day, I've got my big winter waterproof coat on and had to dry my gloves already. One of our drivers is stranded in rugby cos the wipers on her truck packed up.

Car drivers still driving like twats, especially black Audis 😂
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3091 on: May 8, 2021, 01:28:44 pm »
Sun is almost peeping through and it's rather mild outside.

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3092 on: May 8, 2021, 02:44:14 pm »
Sun is almost peeping through and it's rather mild outside.

It was 4c when I got in work, been 6c most of the day. In Leeds at the minute it's still raining but a balmy 9c. That's November weather 😩
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3093 on: May 8, 2021, 04:12:23 pm »
It was 4c when I got in work, been 6c most of the day. In Leeds at the minute it's still raining but a balmy 9c. That's November weather 😩

Forecast here has changed again. Was expecting the rain back by about 6pm but now says 9pm. Maybe it will ease in Leeds soon?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3094 on: May 8, 2021, 04:15:45 pm »
Check this fella out in sefton park lake 😂

https://twitter.com/Heidi_w7/status/1391037376894472193?s=09

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3095 on: May 8, 2021, 04:39:05 pm »
Not been to windy today so truck not getting blown about, rain hasn't stopped all day, I've got my big winter waterproof coat on and had to dry my gloves already. One of our drivers is stranded in rugby cos the wipers on her truck packed up.

Car drivers still driving like twats, especially black Audis 😂
Surprisingly good on M6 today given the forecast. I was expecting heavy rain all the way and loads of standing water, so anything better than that was a result. A few truck drivers driving like lunatics though  ;). Seriously, main culprits were tiny hatchbacks hogging the outside lane, must have had about 8 on the journey. All driven by millennial / gen Z ladies. Just wound up my millenial/gen z daughter when I got back, got to get my fun somehow.

Do you know why it’s 60 in the roadworks northbound, but only 50 going south? Seemed to take ages on the way back.

Anyway, parents were pleased with the food and wine I took them and tomorrow looks better so I’ve got chance to clean the black Audi 😀

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3096 on: May 8, 2021, 06:51:17 pm »
Surprisingly good on M6 today given the forecast. I was expecting heavy rain all the way and loads of standing water, so anything better than that was a result. A few truck drivers driving like lunatics though  ;). Seriously, main culprits were tiny hatchbacks hogging the outside lane, must have had about 8 on the journey. All driven by millennial / gen Z ladies. Just wound up my millenial/gen z daughter when I got back, got to get my fun somehow.

Do you know why it’s 60 in the roadworks northbound, but only 50 going south? Seemed to take ages on the way back.

Anyway, parents were pleased with the food and wine I took them and tomorrow looks better so I’ve got chance to clean the black Audi 😀

No I don't, its an odd one that. I did a big loop today, Warrington - Daresbury - Nottingham - Leeds - Warrington, never stopped raining.

Forecast here has changed again. Was expecting the rain back by about 6pm but now says 9pm. Maybe it will ease in Leeds soon?

Started brightening up when I left Leeds around half 3. M62 coming back over the top nr Saddleworth was well sketchy though, blowing a gale, spray was going sideways and hammering it down. Clouds touching the tops of the moors and the lambs lying about was a nice sight though.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3097 on: May 8, 2021, 06:52:48 pm »
At least the rain was relatively warm today.  :-\
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3098 on: May 8, 2021, 06:57:30 pm »
At least the rain was relatively warm today.  :-\

Most of the day it was between 4 and 6c for me  :(

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3099 on: May 8, 2021, 07:03:10 pm »
Most of the day it was between 4 and 6c for me  :(

It's still 13c here on the Costa Del Mersey.  8)

You working in Greenland today?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3100 on: May 8, 2021, 07:17:14 pm »
It's still 13c here on the Costa Del Mersey.  8)

You working in Greenland today?

Bloody felt like it. It was 6c when I left home at 6am, dropped to 4c at Warrington and stayed at 6 all the way over to Nottingham and back up to Leeds. Finally hit 9c at Leeds and then was 13 when I got back to Warrington at 5. Still raining here now.

My eldest has gone his Aunties caravan in Wales today, its actually been sunny there this afternoon.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3101 on: May 8, 2021, 07:34:37 pm »
..... and the lambs lying about was a nice sight though.
I know you like trucking but I hope you missed every one of them.... 🤔😕

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3102 on: May 8, 2021, 07:43:09 pm »
I know you like trucking but I hope you missed every one of them.... 🤔😕

I've started feeling guilty about eating lamb now, so no, they were nice and safe.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3103 on: May 9, 2021, 10:09:36 am »
Dry but chilly here,very autumnal.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3104 on: May 9, 2021, 10:17:59 am »
Grey, windy, gloomy but not that cold here.

Don't know if I'm imagining it but we seem to be having more strong winds over the last few years than I ever remember previously.

I've commented on it for probably 5yrs or so but it's almost as though we're getting our own mini hurricane seasons.

If any of our weather folks can correct me on it as I'm sure it's probably my imagination rather than fact.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3105 on: May 9, 2021, 07:56:58 pm »
Why, every shit weekend, does it go sunny at 7:30 on a Sunday evening :no

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3106 on: May 10, 2021, 01:02:02 pm »
Its just gone black, pissed it down, thundered and now sunny again !!!!!!!!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3107 on: May 10, 2021, 01:15:49 pm »
Its just gone black, pissed it down, thundered and now sunny again !!!!!!!!
Expect that for the next few days - it's normal for this air mass and usually you get two decaying lows 'dumbbeling' around each other, delaying the inevitable fizzling out - this time I see three - on the synop chart it looks like one of those kids' spinner toys ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3108 on: May 10, 2021, 01:48:37 pm »
Lots of towering clouds with dark bottoms on view from here. No surprise the hailstones have just started falling.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3109 on: May 10, 2021, 01:53:47 pm »
Lots of towering clouds with dark bottoms on view from here. No surprise the hailstones have just started falling.

CB type 9, with low base, high vertical extent - probably already with anvil heads on them (which, when they reach the highest levels, sheer off and create my favourite type of cloud - Cirrus Spissatus Cumulonimbogenitus) - and lots of intense down draughts - have you notice the temperate plummet near them? Amazing effect - as is the precipitation curtain when looking into the side profile from a distance, especially when the sun is shining against the upper parts. Gorgeous.......

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3110 on: May 10, 2021, 02:01:06 pm »
Thunder and lightening and lashing it down for 20 mins, cue blue skies and sunshine for 10 mins and now dark again and thundering. :butt
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3111 on: May 10, 2021, 02:08:35 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3112 on: May 10, 2021, 02:09:47 pm »
CB type 9, with low base, high vertical extent - probably already with anvil heads on them (which, when they reach the highest levels, sheer off and create my favourite type of cloud - Cirrus Spissatus Cumulonimbogenitus) - and lots of intense down draughts - have you notice the temperate plummet near them? Amazing effect - as is the precipitation curtain when looking into the side profile from a distance, especially when the sun is shining against the upper parts. Gorgeous.......
I'm indoors, so not noticed the temperature drop, but have done previously when been caught out in similar weather.

I'm currently watching a big curtain coming down from another cloud racing towards the Mersey from Cheshire. It's got our name on it...

Edit: It's veered off over Speke instead.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 02:12:52 pm by Son of Spion* »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3113 on: May 10, 2021, 02:10:45 pm »

I knew someone would post that. 😂

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3114 on: May 10, 2021, 02:17:49 pm »
I knew someone would post that. 😂

Of course. ;)

Incidentally, I just came from Speke.  I needed to get a new chest of drawers, decided to pop to one of my favourite cafes first.  That's when the downpour happened and I was gloomily anticipating having to eat lunch on a wet seat outside.  Then the police turned up, gave a "polite" warning to the proprietor, who promptly threw a fit and threw everyone out onto the street. ;D 

Popcorn's Art

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3115 on: May 10, 2021, 03:24:47 pm »
Blowing a gale here,it'd be a lovely day if that wind would piss off.

Online Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #3116 on: May 10, 2021, 03:29:46 pm »
I'm indoors, so not noticed the temperature drop, but have done previously when been caught out in similar weather.

I'm currently watching a big curtain coming down from another cloud racing towards the Mersey from Cheshire. It's got our name on it...

Edit: It's veered off over Speke instead.

You sound a right barrel of laughs  ;)
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3117 on: May 10, 2021, 03:34:25 pm »
Hailstones coming down here the size of golf balls, this can't be normal for May.

Online Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #3118 on: May 10, 2021, 03:39:01 pm »
Hailstones coming down here the size of golf balls, this can't be normal for May.

Just been to pick my daughter up from school and it was bright sunshine and next thing hail as well
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3119 on: May 10, 2021, 03:39:11 pm »
......whereas in Tallinn, it just topped 23 deg C  :o