Author Topic: Eczema/dry skin  (Read 30800 times)

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Eczema/dry skin
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2006, 09:11:06 am »
Totally agree ewok....

Just cos one thing doesnt work for one person or their relatives/friends, doesnt mean it wont work for someone else.

These dietry recommendations obviously work for some, otherwise people wouldnt recommend them.

It doesnt work for me, but it does work for someone i know [diary products]....whereas the Elocon ointment helped me, but not them. Its a fuckin weird little ailment.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2006, 09:40:05 am »
I am not so sure about that, the prescribed creams can be a quick fix but not a long term one - especiallt the steriod based creams as your skin builds up a tolerence to them.  things like E45 are fine for my dry skin, put actually make my excema worse.

However things like not chopping raw tomatoes works a treat (the slightest hint of fresh tomatoes juice on my hands makes even the slightest dry patch rage.  however i can eat fresh tomoatoes no problem. wierd.
don't ignore anything is what i am trying to say. 
i was hopeless at this but- try to monitor it, if you get a flare up things "where have i been, what have i eaten / drunk" - try to record it, then see if it happens next.  try cutting things out - cows milk say, for a month, is it any better?

It is a nightmare, as i may have said before forty five years on i am still finding things out about what kicks it off

That's fair enough - ignore me!

Offline Devastatin' Dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2006, 09:43:21 am »
I have had guttate psoriasis for the last 9 months, it doesn't really itch any more but it used to keep me up at night. It initially was in patches all over my body but has now confined itself to the front and back of my torso.

I've got used to it now, but i always moisturise after a shower with Vaseline Intensive Care; E45 irritated my skin. Also, I apply Eumovate cream morning and night. It contains a very mild steroid I think.

The most annoying thing about it is that there isn't a proper cure, it just goes when it wants really. Also the fact that there are no reasons why you get it apart from strep throat in some cases, not mine.

Have had acupuncture and that hasn't really done anything, but he did say if you try and alter you diet you must remove whatever item for at least a month to learn anything.

A few months earlier I had bells palsy for 6 weeks which also has no cause, I seem like a magnet to them sort of things.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2006, 10:31:34 am »
If you have it in a lot of places on your body, bathing in porridge oats is supposed to be very good for stopping itching (it has natural anti-inflammatory properties).

I get it bad on my hands, if I touch tomato juice or lemon juice it burns really bad....basically you have to try to avoid anything naturally acidic.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2006, 11:39:05 am »
I use both of them yes. What to do is this, put the Eumovate on the effected areas and then get the Epaderm mixed it with water and put that on top of the Eumovate. I did that for a while and it completely cleared up. Now I'm still putting the Epaderm on twice a day, morning and night but I only use the Eumovate when I want to. Usually use it once every 2 weeks if it starts to come back.

The Epaderm is just a moisturise and the Eumavate is a steroid cream.

I also use Dermol 200 which is a shower jel. Doc said not to use other shower jels, lynx for example. I just use this as normal shower jel which it is but it's less hard on the skin or something. Maybe worth asking you doc if you could get some. I'm sure you could buy it over the counter if not but I get it free from the doc so that's where I go. Recently run out of everthing apart from the Eumovate and now I'm on repeat prescription of the Dermol and Edaderm.

RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2006, 11:41:37 am »
When I was young I had awful excema.  Usually got bad when I got stressed, and had to be in hospital for a week afew years ago.  Salt water used to be murder, but i've grown out of it now.

P.S Dermol is great.  There's a good variety of it out there  :wave
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2006, 12:02:52 pm »
dermol is great stuff, as is doublebase. as for creams - just see what works best - btenovate for me when i have a flare up and that's it. oh and overcome the whole not wanting ointment and using cream. yes ointment is vile BUT it works a treat. and erm....there's something else i use in the shower as a shower gel - cannot remember it now but will update when i get home/have a brain wave.

yeh sun and sea help and relaxing does. i can always tell if i'm getting too stressed - the eczema flares up really badly.

good luck!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 12:05:26 pm by saph »
sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

Offline Jimbo.

• Skint
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2006, 01:47:19 pm »
RAWK - LFC's Official Leper Colony
Quote from: Dan_L
Chester is in chesirte, trasmneraeeeee is in wirral dfivo 1adand lpoolis merseydie lpoo2-1 everpuyokton |BluESHITE!!!!!!wert sr76yipeeeeeeeeeeeee113wt4aee

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2006, 01:58:36 pm »
I'm amazed at how many people on here have got Eczema.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2006, 02:30:05 pm »
I'm amazed at how many people on here have got Eczema.
Yeah, seems to be very common nowadays.

So many solutions, which one to use?! I'll try these herbal things I've been given, if they don't work I will have to rely on RAWKites. ;D

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2006, 02:36:36 pm »
Yeah, seems to be very common nowadays.

So many solutions, which one to use?! I'll try these herbal things I've been given, if they don't work I will have to rely on RAWKites. ;D

Ask your doc for that dermol shower jel and you should try the creams and that I've said before :wave

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2006, 02:38:19 pm »
After years or creams and potions the only thing I can be arsed with now is baby oil keeps moisture in and all the scabby flaky bits at bay :wave

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2006, 02:40:20 pm »
Is the shower gel a good alternative to soap and Radox and stuff? I know using soaps and these chemical filled gels are bad to the dry skin, so will Dermol be the same or is it ok if it touches the affected area?

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2006, 02:43:32 pm »
Is the shower gel a good alternative to soap and Radox and stuff? I know using soaps and these chemical filled gels are bad to the dry skin, so will Dermol be the same or is it ok if it touches the affected area?

That's what I'm meaning about Dermol mate. It's used as an alternative to shower jel and soap as it's less hard or whatever on the skin. Yeah it can go on the affected areas. :wave

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2010, 11:10:49 am »
Selsun shampoo is a good one.....kinda like coletar but works great for Eczema and that kind of thing

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2010, 12:36:20 pm »
Honest to christ I am about to throw myself off the nearest bridge if my eczema gets any worse.

On to about my eighth tube of eumovate of the week, washing with various aqueous creams, stopped drinking milk and coca-cola, and it won't pissing go away.

All over my neck and the inside of my arms. Doctor keeps saying it's contact eczema, but there really is no correlation.

I would rather be potless than have to suffer this for the rest of my life.
might be an obvious one but have you  thought about changing washing powders to a more 'gentle' one?
i've got a shitty bit of eczema on the back of my right knee which hasn't stopped itching for nearly two years now and it just keeps getting worse. sometimes it feels fantastic to scratch but i also scratch until it bleeds quite often. lanocane is quite good at stopping the itching although only in the short term.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:40:51 pm by payback »

Offline JohnBarnesBigToe

• Legacy Fan
  • We decide when it's over
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2010, 02:27:33 pm »
Honest to christ I am about to throw myself off the nearest bridge if my eczema gets any worse.

On to about my eighth tube of eumovate of the week, washing with various aqueous creams, stopped drinking milk and coca-cola, and it won't pissing go away.

All over my neck and the inside of my arms. Doctor keeps saying it's contact eczema, but there really is no correlation.

I would rather be potless than have to suffer this for the rest of my life.

All from my own experience mate so might not work for you.

Go and pester the docs until they give you some Betnovate. Forget changing diet, never made a difference with me.
Also stop using aqueous creams to wash with. They just overload your skill with oil which sets things off. Wash with a light shower gel like Simple.

Think about treating any area you have as a wound and keep it clean, it’s often the infections you pick up in the broken skin which makes matters worse rather than the Eczema itself. So after using betnovate for a couple of days to get the swelling and redness down, use an antiseptic cream like you would for a cut or graze and keep it clean.
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques". Bill Shankly

Offline stevemacsteve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2010, 02:35:17 pm »
I use this and its fucking ace- http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/diprobase_v_2301.html?gclid=CJe45oLD3KQCFYY14wodMhEu6A

Might not work for everyone but there's no harm in trying (as long as you're not allergic to any of the ingredients). I get red patches of dry skin on the back of my hands every year as soon as it starts getting cold (so around this time of year). Its the only thing I've found to be of use and I notice a difference as soon as I put it on.
http://twitter.com/stevewatt1

John looks like a "special" guy who's just won a day out training with his heroes.
"My names John!  I like crayons!"

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2010, 02:35:25 pm »
Yep, Betnovate all the time for me.  Used it since i was about 5 although they wouldn't prescribe it me now if i was 5 as it contains trace steroids.

Stress doesn't help and neither does alcohol - which doesn't help in the current situation regarding our club!!

Offline stevemacsteve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2010, 02:45:43 pm »
Hope you get it sorted mate, sounds like a nightmare. I feel lucky just to have it on my hands after hearing how badly a lot of people suffer from skin problems on here :-\
http://twitter.com/stevewatt1

John looks like a "special" guy who's just won a day out training with his heroes.
"My names John!  I like crayons!"

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2010, 02:57:30 pm »
To all the above posters.

Try the Chinese Herbalist in St Johns of your Liverpool based.

Worth a read.

http://www.essortment.com/all/fivehomeopathic_tugk.htm

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/eczema.html

I used to get it around my elbows years ago.  I was speaking to me mate who's into his Chinese Therapy stuff. He said that my exzma was on my liver merdian going down my arms. I then done a liver flush / cleanse and I have not had it since.

It's much harder than gong the docs or chemist for a tube of chemicals. But in the long run it's important to treat the root and not the symptom.  It makes ense to cleanse from the inside to prevent dis - ease manifesting on th eout.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Get-Eczema-Relief-With-Liver-Cleansing&id=341564

Liver Flush Stuff.  (Go to see a Doctor before you do it ).

http://www.ehow.com/how_12680_liver-gallbladder-flush.html

Hope it goes mate. At the end of the day it's up to you to do what you feel right.

Good Luck!
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2010, 03:03:19 pm »
I do sympathise as I had it really bad years ago- it flared up out of nowhere when I was about 11 or 12, I was covered from head to foot. Back then I just had endless baths in Oilatum Emollient bath stuff, and covered myself in Hydrocortisone cream. Eventually I became immune to the steroid cream and it had no effect.

I bit the bullet in the end and went to a Chinese chemist. I got given a pot of tablets and was told to take about 30 of them a day ( I didn't take that many as I would have had to spend a fortune on them) and a pot of cream that stunk to high heaven and burned when I put it on. But the upshot is, it cleared up my eczema, and touch wood, I've been free of it for years. It might not work for everyone, but I guess there's no harm in giving it a try.

I'd also reiterate what another poster has said about washing powder, I still use non-bio. I also avoid any of them yoghurty things with active ingredients in them, as the last time I had a random flare up was when I decided to try them out. Sunshine does do wonders for it, I'd even suggest a few sunbed/sunshower sessions to see if that improves it at all.

Hope you get a bit of relief from it soon though...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:04:50 pm by Rafette »
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2010, 03:23:19 pm »
Cant say Betnovate does much for me, find only Dermovate works but I know that doctors are quite funny about prescribing it as its a class I steroid cream.

Also, drinking is not good. I find im fine when im actually drinking, its when I go to sleep, I just seem to itch like mad if i've been on the sauce.

I find that in my situation as my eczama is mostly on my legs that if i wear a pair of old tracky bottoms and tie them up tight at the waist with a proper knot (that you cant undo when your asleep!) i physically cannot scrath myself when sleeping and its a great help.

Also, lastly and most easily of all, keep your finger nails short so that at least if you do scratch your not causing as much damage.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2010, 03:33:52 pm »
I used to have eczema as a kid, it was really bad but thankfully I don't have it anymore.. somehow

Offline dutch_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2010, 04:06:45 pm »
HAve had it since I was a kid. It comes and it goes. Especially when I'm having the flu it just flares up.
Years I've been trying everything and anything and only now I seem to control it reasonably with only a few flare ups now and again.

I think I can't give any other advice as what's already been given by the others, but here goes my list of remedies.

- Wear cotton clothes, they take up sweat, which often cause the skin to get irritated, you go scratch, scratch it open and spread it.
- Don't use all those expensive skin oilments, they often have loads of aditives (right word?) to it which can only cause your skin to get more irritated. If your skin is really dry, use things as vaseline, aloe vera, and other natural products. And stick to one product, don't go over board with it.
- Don't go and lay in bath, but take short showers with water thats not too warm.
- If you have it on your head, wash your hear not while standing under the shower but do it in the sink of bent over the edge of the bath tub (please no jokes..). Because when shampoo clears your scalp it washes away the grease, the water than dries out your skin, when washing it above the sink the water doesn't stay so long on your head and does less damage. Not sure if I explained that right, it's a bit difficult in another language.
- Be carefull with shampoo and soap. Use natural soaps and if your skin is in bad condition don't be afraid to skip a day of soap and just wash with water.
- Change towels and wash clothes after using it (preferable 90degrees), as well as your bed sheets.
- Wash your hands after scratching, or first thing in the morning. This keeps things from spreading (at least a bit).
- Try to find out what triggers it; it could be food (dairy/spiced food etc.), certain allergies (dust/ cleaning products/medicens etc.) or jus about anything..
- Washing powder and fabric/wash softner, or the stuff you put in an iron can cause really bad reactions. Especially when wearing clothes washed in it, it keeps in contact with the skin. Try another brand, or even better there are neutral powders especially for people who have sensitive skin, they don't have parfums etc. in them.
- If you're having a really bad day when it comes to itching, especially at night, I usually take a Paracetamol (asprin). Obviously you shouldn't do this every day! Or put a towel in the freezer and put that on the itching, it cools it down and that takes away the itch.

And generally; just try and be healthy. Eat enough vitamins, don't drink too much alcohol and drink enough water.

Good luck with trying not to scratch!
Realism is the denial of reality
and
Imigination the means to explore reality

©Corneille

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2010, 08:42:10 pm »
I went out with a girl that had eczema all over her chest.

She had a cracking pair of tits.

Offline VamosLiverpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2010, 11:31:54 pm »
I get dry itchy skin in the winter. It's a nightmare to get rid of.

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2010, 11:39:12 am »
getit on me hand some times when using cement or plaster is horrible so feel real sorry for anyone who gets it real bad. eumovate cream 3 times a day for abar a week always gets rid for me.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2010, 09:15:26 pm »
Jeez. I never ever realised  that there was so many scabby b'stards on RAWK  :D

But if we are playing top trumps, I reccon I'd give any of you a run for your money.

I suffer from Psoriasis, and have done all of my adult life. I first developed it in my late teens, when at the time I was in college, studing by day and night and partying like there was no tomorrow. Basically burning the candle at both ends and living off about 3 hours kip a night.

Where as eczema is an enviroment based skin dissorder, and usually has a topical trigger like soap powder or somethin else, Psoriasis is caused by the central nervous system in the body going into overdrive.

psoriasis is just skin sells that are forced to the surface too quickly by the body, and as such do not have time to form properly, so end up as scaley patches.

Where the normal person sheds their skin cells roughly every 28 days or so, Psoriasis sufferers shed theirs in roughly 24 hours, and as I said, the consequence of that is that the skin sells are not properly formed, and flake off.
 The main triggers of psoriasis is stress, or the central nervous systems reaction to stress.
There are also other factors which make it worse.

In the last 22 years I'v had psoriasis, I'v been hospitalised on three occasions(10weeks - 8weeks -9 1/2 weeks) (and there would of been many more, but I told the medics where to go), and have tried just about every treatment there is. Betnovate, dremovate, crude cole tar, dithronol, coconut oil, ......and they are just the ones I rememder.     Methatrexate, (nasty nasty drug), lights, PUVA, PUVA baths and tablets, etc etc. I could go on and on, and on.

I'm currently on an injection called Enbrel (etanercept) which is fantastic. The problem with it though is that it's not widely available due to the cost of approximately £10,000 a year, and you have to be in the worst 1 or 2% in the country to qualify to get onto it.

At the moment I'm pretty clear, with only a few patches, but as you'll see below from pictures of me when it was at it's worse back in 1988, it can be pretty devastating to the body when you have a bad period. These photo's were taken when I was hospitalised for 10 weeks.

P.S. Yeah, all have a laugh at Richie's fit little arse, because I havent seen that one in years. It's now corporation bus sized. :o
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 09:49:51 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2010, 01:28:41 am »
Used to have it relatively badly, on the forearms and stuff. Its disappeared though
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2010, 03:24:19 am »
Didn't read through all this but getting some vitamin d seriously helps.

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2010, 11:39:35 am »
www.itchybaby.co.uk.

This is my friends website her little boy was really bad, she is now making her own products that she sells, ignore that its called itchy baby, itchy is itchy and the same advice works for adults, any questions email her she will be happy to help :wave

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2010, 02:06:21 pm »
fuckin hell richie you poor fucker. hope it never gets that bad again.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline eitzel

• ong way to Tipperary
  • Legacy Fan
  • Didnt even know Probe had moved
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2010, 03:07:31 pm »
As mentioned before in the thread both 'Elecon' and 'Selsun' have been life savers for me.

I get inflammation either side of the nose and in my eyebrows. I had tried all sorts and it was getting me down. I worked with someone who had been prescribed 'Elecon' and used some and found it worked immediately. That was about 8/9 years ago now. It continues to work a treat.

Similarly 'Selsun' sorted out my nightmarishly itchy scalp. Used all sorts including lotions... Selsun once a month sorted it.
'An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. '

Offline eitzel

• ong way to Tipperary
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2010, 03:44:12 pm »
Nips it in the bud mate. Ill always have it.

As you probably know you initially feel it come on and if untreated it flares up. I use both treatments the minute they start. It sorts it pretty much straight away.

It may come back in a week/fortnight/month but the treatment i am pleased to say stops it dead in its tracks and it clears it up.

From my experience hot curry, massive ale consumption and generally being run down tends to set it off. Having found a remedy i was immensely relieved get back to killing myself again.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 03:51:30 pm by eitzel »
'An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. '

Offline eitzel

• ong way to Tipperary
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2010, 03:59:49 pm »
Over the counter or prescrip?

Luckily mine has gone away this time almost as soon as it came. If I showed you a before and after of the last 36 hours, you wouldn't believe me.

It'll come again, no doubt, but definitely going to be stockpiling a few of the mentions in here for the warchest.
I get Selsun over the counter at Boots.

Elecon is prescription.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2010, 12:35:21 pm »
I get inflammation either side of the nose and in my eyebrows. I had tried all sorts and it was getting me down. I worked with someone who had been prescribed 'Elecon' and used some and found it worked immediately. That was about 8/9 years ago now. It continues to work a treat.

Just starting to get this a little bit, in between the eyebrow and the eyelid is bloody infuriating. The itching isn't so bad right now, but I remember having this crop up a couple years ago and I basically ended up relenting and scratching until I bled, particularly around the cheeks. Would wake up in the morning and wander into the bathroom to see these little dried blood spots the size of a coin on my face. I remember the doctor prescribed Advantan in 2 forms; cream and ointment. One was for the scalp and one was more for the face, can't remember which now, or if it even matters, but I guess I'll have to wander down to the chemist before it gets out of hand. Annoying.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 2, 2011, 03:31:34 pm »
. Sunshine does do wonders for it, I'd even suggest a few sunbed/sunshower sessions to see if that improves it at all.

Hope you get a bit of relief from it soon though...

Would agree with teh Sunbed / Sunshower thing too.  Often helps mine out for a while
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 2, 2011, 06:27:02 pm »
Aloe Vera gel has been brilliant in controlling/clearing up the eczema in both my lads.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline LFC Jim

• Kopite
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2013, 07:28:45 am »
I want to burn all my skin off with acid today.

Going to bite the bullet when I get back off holiday and go and see an allergy specialist, it's expensive but if I can work out why this keeps happening at such random intervals my life will be improved literally 100%.
For me, the cold and dry weather is bad for me. Best in the summer when more oils in the skin from the heat. Some animals can flare it up and too much dairy but everyone is different. Alcohol also seems to bring it on as well.

Definately go see a specialist. Will make things alot easier for you.
Bring Back Sami.