Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 vs 0 Leicester Evans OG 21' Jota 41’ Bobby 86’  (Read 30316 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1

Liverpool Vs Leicester City

Sunday 22nd November - 19:15 Kick Off

Sky Sports

Team news:

Liverpool Milner, Origi and Adrian are fit.

Leicester Pereira, Soyuncu, Ndidi and Castagne are out

Referee: Chris Kavanagh. Assistants: Daniel Cook, Marc Perry. Fourth official: Paul Tierney. VAR: David Coote (yes....really). Assistant VAR: Nick Hopton.

Once again we go into a game against Leicester City with both teams near the top of the table. The equivalent game last season was a 2-1 massacre with a late Milner penalty. I’m pretty sure we’d all take that again right now. We’ve made, in my opinion, an excellent start to the season. The football is getting better and we’ve had it tough on paper fixture wise, not taking into account the injury issues. Third in the table plus 3/3 in the CL is great going. Leicester obviously are top. I don’t actually think they’ve played particularly greatly so far but they do seem more ‘pragmatic’ than they maybe did last season under Rodgers. It’ll be a tough game, they always are with Steptoe up top.

So genuinely...injuries. Van Dijk, Gomez, TAA and Ox are definitely out. Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson and Robbo we really don’t know. Mo may or may not be out with COVID. And we’ve another week of internationals to go. If we could line up with 11 players in their right position it’d be an absolute triumph. If there was ever a demonstration of the fucking disgraceful schedule these players are facing unfortunately we’re the best example right now. It seems doubtful there’ll be any point this season we’ll have been able to field out strongest side and we’re only 8 games in.

Leicester in all honesty are having some bad injury problem themselves. Soyuncu, Ndidi, Castagne and Pereira are definitely out. Fofana and Schmeichel could be doubtful after knocks on international duty. That’s the majority of the defensive line up, if the latter two are out it’s the whole lot. We’re probably looking at this game praying they’ve got two CMs other than Choudhury because he’s pretty much guaranteed to add another one to the set if he gets on. Both teams are going to be pretty dilapidated at this point, especially after an international break.

Their main threat is going to be Vardy, let’s be honest. He’s started the season as well as ever with 9 goals in 8 games so far. We’ll be hoping that we can at least field Fabinho and Matip for this, I wouldn’t fancy one of the kids up against such a rotter. He looks like he’s striking up a good partnership with Under and they have Maddison back in the team creating goals. They’re a dangerous team and they’ve seemingly recovered really well from their aberration at the end of last season, where they gifted United/Chelsea third and fourth place.

The most important thing right now though is that we sadly lost one of our greatest ever recently. Taken far too early, hopefully we can put in a performance to give him a smile up there.

Rest In Peace Ray
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 08:59:11 pm by Tepid T₂O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool vs Leicester
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 04:20:21 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 06:18:03 pm »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 06:49:50 pm by Tepid T₂O »
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 06:44:06 pm »
Our unbeaten run at home is 63 games,

We last did this in 1981 and it was ended by... oh.

Leicester.

W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 06:48:59 pm »
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 06:51:30 pm »
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 07:14:24 pm »
The teams are out. There will be a minute's applause for our legendary former keeper Ray Clemence.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 07:15:52 pm »
0 Leicester kick off.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 07:17:39 pm »
Nice fast start

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 07:18:22 pm »
2We straight away go onto the front foot, a ball is floated into the Leicester box, but it doesn't reach Mane. Then we go on another attack which ends a Keita shot being deflected out for a corner to us. Milner puts the corner in, but Mane heads wide.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 07:19:53 pm »
3 End to end, a ball hits Matip in the penalty area but VAR judges no penalty. He was too close to the ball.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 07:21:20 pm »
4 We are trying to snuff out any ball quickly and starve those Leicester supply lines to Vardy. Fab does really well there against Justine after Milner get fooled down the wing and Leicester break.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 07:23:53 pm »
7 There is plenty of attacking intent from both sides, a moment of concern there when Vardy attacks through our the middle of our defence, but he is offside.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2020, 07:25:25 pm »
That was some good football from us - quick and incisive - decent save by Schmeichel

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2020, 07:25:27 pm »
9 We have a good chance, a good pass from Milner goes to Jones he shoots and the ball is cleared.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2020, 07:26:54 pm »
10 That was almost a cracking ball from Milner which is floated in to the Leicester box, but Schmeichel manages to get there first.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 07:27:15 pm »
Leicester's tactics are very obvious - not pressing our backline at all - sitting back and will play entirely on the counter.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2020, 07:28:29 pm »
11 A little example of Curtis having to be a bit stronger, gets the ball robbed off him too easily and Leicester break but it comes to nothing.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2020, 07:29:38 pm »
12 What a shot from Jota that was. A first time shot but Schmichel saves looks like it would have been offside. But was still a great shot.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2020, 07:30:54 pm »
12 What a shot from Jota that was. A first time shot but Schmichel saves looks like it would have been offside. But was still a great shot.
Mane was offside so couldn’t follow up.
Jota was fine.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2020, 07:31:11 pm »
14 Some  nice play from Curtis there after an initial mistake but he recovers well and manages to pass a lovely ball, but then Mane overruns the ball.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2020, 07:31:20 pm »
Bit of good fortune for us down the left as the ball ricochets kindly for Curtis - pity we couldn't capitalise on it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2020, 07:32:00 pm »
15 Nothing much from Leicester, we coped pretty well with them. Over to Tepid.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2020, 07:33:27 pm »
Fuchs looks in trouble.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2020, 07:34:01 pm »
17 a long ball over the top goes through to Alisson on the edge of the area.  Tactics are obvious

Good work by Jota on the right.  Cross goes deep, is cleared and Robbo unite spectacularly gets his volley wrong. 

W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2020, 07:34:25 pm »
Sadio headlocked to the ground - nothing...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2020, 07:35:28 pm »
Sadio headlocked to the ground - nothing...

Are you surprised?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2020, 07:35:56 pm »
19 Milner not venturing forwards too , much ... as soon as I say that he crosses it to a Naby  in the area, he tries an extra extravagant flick to get beyond the defender but his touch is too firm.
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2020, 07:36:52 pm »
There's a plan for Schmeichel - Sadio is pressing him like a dervish

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2020, 07:37:05 pm »
Wow.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2020, 07:37:06 pm »
21 corner to the reds.

We’re not exactly big at the moment

But we don’t need to be!  Evans heads it into his own net!
1-0
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Leicester og 21’
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2020, 07:38:26 pm »
22 straight back at it from the reds.  Robbo crosses it.  It’s bundled into the net but it’s disallowed for a foul on the goalie.  Probably right that.
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Leicester Evans OG 21'
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2020, 07:39:10 pm »
:lmao

Ball bundled out of Schmeichels hands into the back of the net but ref blows for a foul on him

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2020, 07:39:38 pm »
23 nice move by Leicester.

Caddy down the left of the area cuts it back to Barnes 8 yards out.

And he puts it well well wide. 

Phew.
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Leicester og 21’
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2020, 07:40:18 pm »
22 straight back at it from the reds.  Robbo crosses it.  It’s bundled into the net but it’s disallowed for a foul on the goalie.  Probably right that.
Pretty sure Karius had one similar to that allowed against him

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2020, 07:41:41 pm »
Get in. Goal of the season.Deserved for the bright start

Erm...maybe not quite GOTS!

deserved though

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2020, 07:41:42 pm »
Pretty sure Karius had one similar to that allowed against him
True.  It was a joke.  Right call here I think.
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2020, 07:42:20 pm »
26. Corner to the reds.

Matip dives and flies one over.
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2020, 07:46:09 pm »
29 moving the ball quite well so far.  Nice and quick

Over to Rushie
W

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2020, 07:47:25 pm »
30' Triangles on the right, triangles on the left - we work the ball around and back, around and back.

Bobby with a loose pass but we recover quickly and Mane is off.

Evans body checks him for a FK on the edge of the 18yd line