Author Topic: Letter from LFC saying membership is under investigation..  (Read 8938 times)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Re: Letter from LFC saying membership is under investigation..
« Reply #40 on: December 7, 2018, 09:12:18 am »
Hope it gets sorted Tony.

...whereas the 2 STs next to me ate repeatedly sold on for 150€+ and I've reported it seems real times but Sun was the same again.

Priorities?! ???
We are a team of one half.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: December 7, 2018, 10:22:45 am »
I don't think they give a fuck about touting.

They can't do, they never do a thing about it.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: December 7, 2018, 10:30:14 am »
Yeah, right before one of our CL games last season, City or Roma I think, he ended up missing a few games cos they suspended his card while they looked into it all. I think the friend he'd passed his ticket onto in good faith had then resold it and it got flagged that way as a tout, so I guess the situation was maybe seen as more serious than yours. He got it back eventually but he was gutted to miss some of our biggest games of the season. No refund either for the games he missed that were already on his card.

The whole suspend while they look into it is a joke.

The work SOS etc has done has changed this  I believe? Now it's more of an innocent until proven guilty. Their contempt towards us is disgusting and their inability to deal with things appropriately continues to show them up as useless bastards.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #43 on: December 7, 2018, 10:32:53 am »
I don't think they give a fuck about touting.

They can't do, they never do a thing about it.
Because they want to do the touting themselves by bundling the ticket as part of a hospitality package or Thomas Cook etc.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Jsk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #44 on: December 8, 2018, 06:44:01 pm »
The whole process around returning members tickets needs looking at.

It’s not acceptable that they make you buy tickets months in advance to fund transfer window spends but months later when life changes they make returning or passing tickets on a nightmare.

The one game when I realised more than 14 days before I had a clash and needed to return them, I tried to return 4 I paid for all on my card, but was told I couldn’t return the other 3 due to GDPR, and the card owners would all have to get in contact individually including a 12 year old child. I ended up queuing up at the ticket office window on a match day to tell them how redicolous it was that friends and family can give me permission to buy on their cards but not return them.

Most of the time as Tony mentions you find out at late notice you can’t go, you wake up and someone is ill on the day of the game, or my usual issue of Kids football being rescheduled in the week leading up to a game, in which case you risk your card by transferring them against the t&cs or as I’ve started to do more in order to avoid problems I leave the seat empty wasting money and stopping someone seeing the game. The option to return via the sales website up until 2 hours to kick off should be there, if they are resold you get a 90% credit.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #45 on: December 8, 2018, 11:33:19 pm »
Ok I just logged on and put a Napoli ticket in basket. Doesn't say card is on stop or suspended or whatever. So that clarifies it, it is just under investigation. To be fair, my friend is from Malta, so that might have been a potential red flag to them.

As for those saying my reply is passive, I am going to remove the bit where I say sorry and add some other bits in. There is no point being rude and aggrrssive here. Equally, I haven't done anything wrong and I should make my points a little more assertively. But still politely

I wouldn't gave said passive but diplomatic.

Best keeping it business like rather than going off on a rant. In that case it'll just sit on someone's desk while they let you stew.

Good luck anyway.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #46 on: December 9, 2018, 02:56:15 am »
the fact they gave your mate the paper ticket at anfield means you did something right.

did they make him pay £10 for the paper ticket, they usually do as its not their fault he didnt have your card to get in ?

after reading your explination, i think you will be fine with lfc as that should satisfy their investigation.

your mate could always back up your story if needed as well.

keep us up dated mate and YNWA !

They do what they want. I had one of my mates cards whose work (until the last few weeks) precluded him from coming to Champions League games as we have to set off mid afternoon to make it and while they had 3 at their garage, they had only 2 - so no time off between April and October for him. There is an element of dishonesty in that period over him buying the tickets knowing he can't go in fairness, but he knew he would in future and like all the various ladders we have, no-one wants to fall off. But the card often goes to someone who has attended games, but doesn't have an attendance record through a fancard.

Over summer, I had the card because I had moved it on for him for the semi final as he couldn't attend. On the day of the first group game I messaged him to say I had his card and would wire him the money that day and he told me that I couldn't have it, as he ordered a new one over summer as he thought he had lost his - a ballache because I assumed he would know I still had it. Obviously his old card wouldn't work and we were halfway up the M1, so I told the lad in the car with us that if for any reason he couldn't get in, he could have mine and I would watch in a pub as I felt guilty for bringing him along and not fully sorting it out prior to departure. We called the ticket office and went through all the procedure and were told about the £10 charge. I had to get the ticket holder to call them himself before it could be sorted out. I showed my ID etc and they gave me a duplicate at the ticket office. In the end they waived the £10 charge anyway. Seems they make it up as they go along.

When people can't attend, I often take the mantle of sorting out the moving on of their ticket because I try to ensure we have someone else from relatively near us, in our actual car, which means the petrol money is split better between us all and always sell at face value. There's one fella in our group who through a variety of spares has done every game in Europe at home for about a year and a half but hasn't managed to get his own card on the ladder yet, so I always tend to sort him first if we do have a spare, as a sort of mates loyalty as he simply wouldn't get one otherwise- absolutely no chance this season for instance - but he's done them all.

Hope you sort it out Tony as it sounds like bullshit to be honest. We all know and have seen throughout your time on here, that you sort people out fairly and honestly. We all do it at times. Like you say, can we not do something about the tickets that are *obviously* going for £150+ and especially away games. It's an increasingly closed shop, and I'm not too bothered personally if two lads have a couple of cards on 17+ aways and share the tickets among the five of them depending on who can afford it or is available to go, but seeing away tickets on resale websites for near £200 when others can't get a sniff is depressing. They'd be really easy to catch as the seat details on the ticket would match back to whoever purchased as well. I guess the only outlier is someone who has sold a ticket at face value in good faith, only for that person to then profiteer off it, which would be unfortunate for them to be fair. But that would be a more pressing concern for me.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2018, 03:05:25 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2018, 06:06:47 pm »
Any update on this? Ok for tomorrow?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2018, 11:40:21 pm »
The whole process around returning members tickets needs looking at.

It’s not acceptable that they make you buy tickets months in advance to fund transfer window spends but months later when life changes they make returning or passing tickets on a nightmare.

The one game when I realised more than 14 days before I had a clash and needed to return them, I tried to return 4 I paid for all on my card, but was told I couldn’t return the other 3 due to GDPR, and the card owners would all have to get in contact individually including a 12 year old child. I ended up queuing up at the ticket office window on a match day to tell them how redicolous it was that friends and family can give me permission to buy on their cards but not return them.

Most of the time as Tony mentions you find out at late notice you can’t go, you wake up and someone is ill on the day of the game, or my usual issue of Kids football being rescheduled in the week leading up to a game, in which case you risk your card by transferring them against the t&cs or as I’ve started to do more in order to avoid problems I leave the seat empty wasting money and stopping someone seeing the game. The option to return via the sales website up until 2 hours to kick off should be there, if they are resold you get a 90% credit.

This is a pertinent point, why can STH return ticket online up to 2 hours before the match while members can't. They've got to go through the lottery of ringing the ticket office and actually getting through to speak to somebody over a fortnight in advance.

I was disgusted at reading the story about the family chucked out with 10 minutes to go against Arsenal in January 2016.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2018, 10:48:48 am »
Update.

Letters were sent recorded delivery explaining what happened. No reply as yet.

However, cards worked fine for Napoli and yesterday v Man United. I also bought Wolves FA Cup ticket in 1st sale without any issues  so I think it is all good. Clearly moved to a innocent until proven guilty stance as opposed to the other way round which is good. The only time it should be suspended during an investigation is if selling for profit is suspected and there is some evidence to suggest that is the case.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2018, 11:04:07 am »
Update.

Letters were sent recorded delivery explaining what happened. No reply as yet.

However, cards worked fine for Napoli and yesterday v Man United. I also bought Wolves FA Cup ticket in 1st sale without any issues  so I think it is all good. Clearly moved to a innocent until proven guilty stance as opposed to the other way round which is good. The only time it should be suspended during an investigation is if selling for profit is suspected and there is some evidence to suggest that is the case.

Good news youve had no issues since

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2018, 11:35:43 am »
Glad for you.

Meanwhile the STs by me went for god knows how much again yesterday

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2018, 11:59:04 am »
Glad for you.

And nothing will happen because STH's are too precious to have their picture taken

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2018, 01:42:00 pm »
And nothing will happen because STH's are too precious to have their picture taken

Plus it’s not like there’s a shortage of people wanting to be a STH who will actually use the ticket themselves

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2018, 08:59:06 pm »

Remember a lot of us have no objection to it! I don't see the issue - I have a passport, staff ID, accreditation with my picture on....  so don't tar us all with the same brush. Some of us actually go to all the games too

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2018, 08:05:35 am »
Glad for you.

You ever asked how much they pay? I'm always tempted to ask in the locals section cos you can tell they've not bought them themselves. Haven't seen a steward with a clip board checking tickets for absolutely ages and noticed on Sunday they had the extra stewards in again, have we got a shortage or something?

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2018, 08:12:33 am »
Yes. Watford was €125 each last season so obviously Sun would have been a lot more! Almost always foreign with varying degrees of English, though Sun's pair were quite local and claimed "to usually sit in the Centenary but we swapped". Yeah, right! ::)
Reported it many times but so far it continues...

The lads who first said the price were on a 30th birthday trip and I felt a bit sorry for them. They didn't like having to pay thst much but we're just glad to be there...which is the problem.  One day I hope the club do something....instead of targetting someone who can't go at the last minute and gives it to a mate. And we know there are lots that are sold on, local tkts included....  :'(
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 08:14:20 am by Shanklygates »

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #57 on: January 7, 2019, 10:56:05 am »
Can't remember if it was early last season or late the season before but it happened to me where I couldn't make the game and rang the TO on the day and she told me not to worry cus apparently I'm allowed to transfer my card upto 3 times a season and I had to wait for her to check I haven't done it!
Anyway she then took full name and date of birth and number of my card and said that as long as my mate turns up at the TO with ID matching the info given from me they will charge him £10 for printing and all would be fine! Guess what he turned up only for the TO to say we have no info of this call or any given name etc. So then I had to ring my mate to oass the phone over to soeak to them 15 min before game and explain .. they wouldn't have it but luckily I remembered the name of the girl I spoke to in the morning and although she wasn't there they knew she was working on the phones and eventually sorted him out but he had to wait till after game started cus it took that long!
They waved off the £10 charge aswell in the end without asking!
I'm now wondering if indeed you are allowed to transfer members card upto 3 times a season if needed?!!!??

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #58 on: January 7, 2019, 11:01:52 am »
There is a site online called ticketcompare which combines I think all these websites to to get you the best touting price which is normally £200-250 for a say Burnley game and £500-£700 for Bayern and £1100 for Wolves last game of season.
The TO know about these sites but do fuck all about it cus they know they bring big spenders in the shop and the ground.