Author Topic: Crap Seat in the Main Stand who to contact ?  (Read 21956 times)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Crap Seat in the Main Stand who to contact ?
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 01:01:58 pm »
The L Postcode tickets were brought in after consolation and suggestions from supporter groups. So it's more a case of fans "discriminating" against fans, rather than the club doing it.

Not that I see it as discrimination myself, but there was a reason it was brought in and the club shouldn't be blamed for.

I assumed that t be honest. A group named after a Scot. 

There has been anti "not scouse" feeling from some fans since Ive been going to Anfield.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2016, 04:13:03 pm »

There has been anti "not scouse" feeling from some fans since Ive been going to Anfield.

I think there's more of an 'anti' feeling to the ever increasing amount of people from outside of town getting tickets, who don't give a fuck about the city, its traditions and customs or add anything positive to the atmosphere. All at the expense of locals getting in. I've always believed you are a guest in the people of Liverpool's house and if you act accordingly, you'll be welcomed and treated kindly. But if you act like a dick they'll rightly let you know.

How you can have a problem with there being a small amount of tickets reserved for locals is crazy. There should be a lot more. And I don't have an L postcode.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2016, 05:29:16 pm »
I think there's more of an 'anti' feeling to the ever increasing amount of people from outside of town getting tickets, who don't give a fuck about the city, its traditions and customs or add anything positive to the atmosphere. All at the expense of locals getting in. I've always believed you are a guest in the people of Liverpool's house and if you act accordingly, you'll be welcomed and treated kindly. But if you act like a dick they'll rightly let you know.

How you can have a problem with there being a small amount of tickets reserved for locals is crazy. There should be a lot more. And I don't have an L postcode.
Yep agreed with that, my Grandad's family moved from Liverpool to South Wales to work in the coalmines just before the First World War, I've never lived in Liverpool and am born and bred in Wales but have always supported Liverpool, as did my Dad before me.

It is vital that the club keeps the local supporters on board in terms of tickets and if that means out of towners like me don't get to go to as many games then tough titties!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2016, 09:30:51 pm »

Mate, its not like Anfield is full of daytrippers. There are plenty of locals in the ground, as it should be.  These reserved tickets are not sold cheaper either.  So I cant see the justification.  Apart from two spells when Ive been working overseas they can I've gone regularly since 1985. 

As for being welcomed and treated kindly I am, as I now my shit and act accordinly in and around the ground.  That doesnt mean the non scoueresentment doesn't exist.   
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2016, 06:21:38 pm »
It was good to see a lot of families with young kids in the £9 seats in U9.

That's good to hear. Personally I think they should have restricted the £9 tickets to 14-18 year olds coming on their own or with mates in that age range, or under 14s coming with a parent (age range can be adjusted but you get the idea). This would still have the effect of getting more locals in but more importantly it gets more kids in regardless of where they're from. Not a fan of the postcode thing as I've previously stated despite it benefitting me.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:23:12 pm by sminp »
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2016, 06:45:41 pm »
Its more like your on the Plane you`ve picked a great seat & your sat in it, now they say sorry mate we are changing planes but its a better plane and you can choose a new seat, you could have picked one that wasn`t as good as yours but because you couldn`t get through on day one you can only pick one thats next to the Loos. Would you be happy, i don`t think so, you`d ask for a move and hope they can do something. Now its a bad example but if you had booked the same flight every 2 weeks for the next 9 months you expect them to say " We`ll do what we can " LFC Airlines have said " you picked it your stuck with it "

Peaple can`t make it to every match and give the tickets back to the club for every game for the club to resell, they could say to me you can have one of those Tickets and we`ll sell yours, you might be in a different seat for each game the choice is yours.
I'm holidaying in Torquay as I have to wait until 24,000 people have finished their holidays before I am allowed on the plane
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 2, 2016, 01:06:56 pm »

It was proposed by The Supporters Committee, all members were in agreement.  If you don't like it then you should contact Mathew Selby, the International representative.  However, he is fully supportive of Liverpool making sure that they don't lose their ties to the City, so you're probably just better off voting for a different rep next time.

You should also bear in mind (assuming that you are aware), that in the past it was made easier for OOT's to get tickets (supporters clubs getting separate allocations, etc.).
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!